An odd idea in the shower this morning...

CWolf2

Well, I was taking a shower, and thinking... about just random stuff really, but then it dawned on me... there is a major reason why RuneScape is the way it is right now (a.k.a. bad), and I think I know how to help it along in the right direction.

Well, one day I was playing Castle Wars, and a guy on my team was clearing the tunnels so the enemy could get through with our flag. I told him to stop, and explained why we needed it to be closed, and he said the two famous words, "make me." Make me! The nerve of that kid! He was level... I believe 74, or 76, but that doesn't matter. Now, most people do mean things because no one can do anything to them... no lashback if you will. What were to happen if we did add a "lashback"? What if, we brought back world-wide pking? I know, it started off being that one team owns everyone else, and that's why the wilderness was made, but, why not have better rules on it? I mean, WWPking could do some good. I mean, this way, if someone were being annoying, we really could make them stop, and they would learn not to do it again, or stop when asked to. Have it so that you would need to be within 20 levels to attack, and it wouuld be single-combat areas. Or maybe a few multi areas where most problems occur; this way everyone can kick his can. With this however, there would be a lot of pkers going "yes! I support this completely!" and clans would amass in sizes, but it might just save RuneScape.

Of course, this wouldn't save it, but it would help it along. We'd need to make the game harder, in order to weed out the people with short attention spans, and only get the serious gamers in here. I would rather have 50k people on at most than have these kind of players around. And yes, I do play on rs2.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure... I like to run around and raise my skills with no armor, what if people were to abuse this and start PKing in the Mining guild and stuff? I've seen lvl 3's down there, and any lvl 10 could run in and kill them, steal their coal and run off.

flameydramon.png

F2P Forever!

There would have to be a penatly to it. What about brining back the black hole (or whatver it was called, I wasn't arround when it was). You have the option to kill someone outside of the wildy, but you had to spend a period of time in the black hole, as in real life with prison and such.

Thoughts?

No no DK, it would only happen in certain areas, i.e. NOT guilds and in the cities (without guards around at least). And you would still be able to run around and such, but, you'd be able to run into a city and use the guards as a defense. Or, if it's like the magic trees, you can run inside where it would be safe or something.

this is pretty much my idea with the wasteland but over the entireworld is a bit much there are reasons why runescape made the change to have it only PKing in the wilderness you know but please refer to my reference about the wasteland

oh and anouther thing mentioning that you were taking a shower when you got the idea doesnt make it more appealing

Well, I was taking a shower, and thinking...

lol that was my incentive for taking a look at this post.

anyways back on topic.

you know what, i thought about something. an idea that i was going to post, but thought would be too complicated. but now, i think it may fit in with this.

what if, we added an "ASSASSIN" mode? you would have to wear an assassin mask, that you could buy from a mask dealer. with the assassin mask on, you risk losing ALL your items. that's right, ALL of it. once with the mask on, you cannot remove it for 30min in safe zone. ex, in towns. once you get out of towns though...you risk being mobbed by hundreds of runescapers all at once. when an assassin nears you, you will get a skull sign flashing on the side. to avoid having our fellow newcommers being massacured, some areas such as the goblins and such will be safe. other than that, keep lots of food with you, and charge up your prayer. it would totally change the way people play runescape. you would have cold sweaty hands all the time now. and your heartrate will increase by 50%. i have alot more to say, but sadly i have to go to bed now. i will elaborate more if you people want to hear more.

Sup noobs.

Man JAGeX wouldn't have to go that far. All they would have to do is fix that God Forsaken PKING triangle bullcrap. Fix that correctly this time try their hardest. Make all armor prices and Dragon itmes go down to K's not mil's then people will take it to the wild. Make so people arn't afraid to die. But jagex really needs to do somthing. This is getting out of hand there is like 10 people in the wild at times and like non on the member severs.

cyco_1.jpg

I can't go for any more wilderness than there is now, sorry. But I hear you, Wolf, those "Make Me"-ers can really make runescape annoying, but it's the inspiration of fellow players with decency that keeps me going.

lpinkus

How 'bout this:

Instead of being able to PK them, we would only be allowed to hit them once. And you would have to wait like 10 minutes before you could hit them again and you would get a skull. To clarify, they would be immune to being hit by other players for those 10 minutes. That way, when some lvl 30 is firing the catapult at all of his team mates, you could go up there and do a 15 on his [wagon]. That would stop him. Of course, outside of CW I think you shouldn't be able to do any damage too high. Like say you are in varrock and someone is being annoying, you can go do a 4 on them to make them shut up. That way, even if the person is lvl 3, it still wouldn't kill them.

I can think of three words to describe your idea...beutifull, perfect, amazing. I feel the exact same way, those better should conquer over those weaker, it's natural. People should work for what they get and have to accomplish something, being the best should be something worth getting.

If someone peeves me off, I want to be able to do something about it. And I agree with you, that dude should be able to be killed for that, he should be Luminized and taught a lesson, then he would learn, and it would make Runescape a better place.

Good job.

i love the beat up option!

you would only be able to beat up four people in a day, and you would hit anything possible (like my max with rune battle is 17, so 0-17) on them...and the person COULD die... they wouldnt lose any items, but they would have a 25% stats reduction in all stats for 30 minutes (if they die)... 60 mining? too bad, for the rest of the half hour, you have 45 mining...

this could be very frustraing in the wilderness, becuase one would still be able to beat up another person, while the beatee is engaged in combat by another person...this is why beating up would only be available while the person is not fighting...

also, beating-up a person would be skulled for 5 rs minutes

GreenAgeOfSovereigncopy.png

I would drive insane if there was pking everywhere on Runescape. People would be affraid to go in certain cities, and unaware newbies would get killed all the time. It would be like doubling the wild. If you need to make those annoyers shut up, play the same game as them, the stupid ways that work: comebacks.

2480+ total

maybe some of u havent been playing that long but i have to tell u this... it was once like his idea. everywhere except lumbridge was wildreness and you couldnt get anything done without someone trying to kill you!! thats why it was changed :wink:

Shows how much attention you were paying...

You could get things done simply by selecting non-PK with a 3 swap limit. Guards at towns would break up the fighting as well.

It would haft to be were like if you are not in the wild you don't drop your items if you die.....Or I think it would be kinda cool to have a place where you could go just to fight and you never drop anything. Its just like a mass killing place lol. That would be fun. Just go in and run around slaughtering noobs aka castle wars without the flag lol.

Sorry my english is poor, can somebody tell me the meaning of 'make me'?

you want me to do it? well you can't force me to, so just try. hope that clears it up :D

knightsoforderse9.png

you need to think this through. making an option to beat up annoying people simply offers more chance of annoyance. not all annoying people are level 50. there are plenty, plenty of annoying level 100+ players. what happens when the annoying people decide to beat up the not annoying people?

this is a nice plan, but it needs more thought than that.