trawler + humidify, morally wrong? or just smart?

jessy87

I was wondering if this is acceptable? I would like to see more people in general on the boat but also, more workers as well. Personally dont care if you freeload as long as you stay up top.

I am sure some of you know about this, so save those kind of comments of "old news", please.

You can NOT alch on the trawler. Sucks doesn't it? Well, you can use humidify for the same, cheaper exp. But, since you can't alch people believe why should you be able to cast this spell? is this acceptable? is it a bug in your guy's opinion? should jagex update the trawler to exclude this spell. It does nothing to help us get more fish or anything.

The fishing trawler runs on world 116 almost constantly between 9am EST and Midnight EST it runs pretty regularly and rarely sinks. You can get a considerable amount of fish from it.

Humidify is apparently faster, however I am not sure of this for a fact. But it seems so. The runes are cheaper and even with a steam staff its automatically just astrals.

So anyway, by combining the two, after 76 fishing you are most likely going to profit off of this method of humidifying while doing the trawler. This is frowned upon as it is "freeloading" which some consider bug abuse and against the spirit of the game its self.

Now the real tip, with the hotkeys (F4 & F7) this spell can be casted quickly, you have to empty your vessel however. With the boat running usually 1k catch each trip i typically get 14 manta ray, its no 91 RC or anything but, it still makes $. And with the PVP update coming manta rays have been going up in price and will probably be in demand when the update is then released. If you were to do humidify at the trawler until the PVP update and you plan on doing PVP your self, now you have a considerably higher magic level and some nice fish.

[hide=trivial facts]a game lasts 12 minutes, and i believe 200 casts can be done in a single trip However, that is what a friend has said, i have never tried that hard.

humidify level 68, 1 astral 3 water 1 fire rune

Manta ray 1,969

Raw manta ray 1,644

Sea turtle 1,313

Raw sea turtle 1,071

Shark 847

Raw shark 1,008

Astral rune 157

Mystic steam staff 708.8k(the normal one tends to be harder to buy, but is like 40k cheaper)[/hide]

also, if your going to do this, please go to the top of the boat and bring ONE single rope just in case everyone runs out of rope. That way we ALL get more fish, and ropes are only like 20GP ea.

and again this is a discussion involved on if it is OKAY OR NOT that is why i decided to explain it some people aren't questioning the details. But of course I wont deny anyone an answer.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really been drawn into the minigame. I'll have to try it sometime. I guess it could do with a bit more appeal :)

yes, the themed world has brought it to a new life. To the point where substantial living could be made off of the minigame.

except, the spells kind of make it a multi tasking that is heavily disliked by players

Sounds like its cheaper than alching! Not to mention you make money!

Wow. I think...Ill have to get myself some astrals!

but, do you think its fair for people to do nothing and get fish? I agree, its good. But it might be like alchign in castle wars.

Do you guys think it really should be removed or have a helping system like PC has a zeal system?

btw, 1 bucket for every player does a world of difference.

Well the initial question was whether or not this was morally wrong, aye? regarding that, yes it is in my opinion, but I suppose it would be a step above the other freeloaders because you are creating nice little storm clouds to entertain the fishers.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

This is the reason why many players hate trawler fishing. The game would be much improved by a zeal function.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

This is the reason why many players hate trawler fishing. The game would be much improved by a zeal function.

at least they fixed it so it no longer almost instantaneously closes any windwos you open. Such as skill menu's and world map, trade screen... REPORT ABUSE. Now people can get reported on the trawler 100 times easier.

well, me and a friend went to trawler in the themed world a time ago,

what was bothering me the most is that alot of humidifyers upstairs, and when somebody comes up to ask to atleast do something, they get flamed, i personaly have no problem with 'freeloaders', but dont go flame ppls who ask to help, and alteast take a rope or so

(plz forgive my bad english)

ken~

j6ub8h.png

You don't see many people yelling at bolt fletchers there, so why should this be wrong to them?

You don't see many people yelling at bolt fletchers there, so why should this be wrong to them?

+1, the KB never said we cant do that, and It's not bug abuse in the way I see it, Its as much bug abuse as Flag Holding, and by that I mean, sucks for the rest of the people, takes the fun out of a game (If overdone), and theres nothing to stop it.

Nothing morally wrong if you don't care about it. I.E. I don't care if i kick people out of slayer spots=not morally wrong for me. :thumbup:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I'm half and half on this issue. There's so many people on those boats that there isn't a lot for the individual to do. But those who are playing the game are at least making an effort to do so, not sitting around and casting spells.

Tbh, there's no reason to use magic in that game. I don't know why casting spells is even allowed. You should get a message along the lines of, "The swaying of the boat breaks your concentration!" whenever you cast a spell. --'

hzvjpwS.gif

There's nothing morally wrong about it. If others don't like you training your Skills as efficiently as possible, that's tough. Do what you have to to succeed, and sometimes just tone out the other people.

(Is Barraging Rock Lobsters immoral because you train faster than others? No. Is it wrong? No. Is it efficient if you have the money to spend? Yes. So, why not exploit it while it lasts?)

Our_Moon.png

99 Mage already and my fishing level is cabbage so I won't be doing this. Still a smart way to do things like Bolt Fletching.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

There's nothing morally wrong about it. If others don't like you training your Skills as efficiently as possible, that's tough. Do what you have to to succeed, and sometimes just tone out the other people.

(Is Barraging Rock Lobsters immoral because you train faster than others? No. Is it wrong? No. Is it efficient if you have the money to spend? Yes. So, why not exploit it while it lasts?)

why did you not take the opposite stand point? its almost better then what you had said.

Why is alching not allowed if humidify is. Alching provides you with $ and you can use the $ gained during the game to buy more ropes/paste whatever.

I'm not a huge fan of other people sitting around and profiting from my hard work. I mean seriously go train mage somewhere else that isn't just taking advantage of others hard work.

i dont disagree with you, but I at least would like for these people to not be visible to me. Reminding me your here to be my slave driver just isnt interesting to me

How does it work?

Humidify fills all vials or w/e so you gotta empty them?

first off, "them" the key to this would be a singular item.

and vials? not exactly, their is an item that is a ONE CLICK top click empty option. Like buckets are two clicks to empty same as vials. Much like tele tabs are "one click"

It just destroys the fun of the game (and yes, some people like to have fun instead of exp) when so many people are just sitting there freeloading without getting into the spirit of things. I'd be annoyed if there were more freeloaders than actual players. :thumbdown:

and vials? not exactly, their is an item that is a ONE CLICK top click empty option. Like buckets are two clicks to empty same as vials. Much like tele tabs are "one click"
Would you mind telling me what that item is? :geek:

I don't think it's wrong. The other fishers don't get less fish because of you, right? It doesn't affect them but it's good for you. I don't see what's wrong.

2dvjurb.png

Would you mind telling me what that item is? :geek:

I don't think it's wrong. The other fishers don't get less fish because of you, right? It doesn't affect them but it's good for you. I don't see what's wrong.

The more people on the boat the harder it is, so the others who are working have to do more work to make up. I think the item is bailing buckets btw.
imagangster.png