trawler + humidify, morally wrong? or just smart?

jessy87

and vials? not exactly, their is an item that is a ONE CLICK top click empty option. Like buckets are two clicks to empty same as vials. Much like tele tabs are "one click"
Would you mind telling me what that item is? :geek:

I don't think it's wrong. The other fishers don't get less fish because of you, right? It doesn't affect them but it's good for you. I don't see what's wrong.

The more people on the boat the harder it is, so the others who are working have to do more work to make up. I think the item is bailing buckets btw.

it infact does make it harder. I think its a "weight" issue, you know... If you goto trawler solo it. Only a few holes will leak. Instead on the themed world holes pop up instantly and usually 40% of the boat is letting in water.

as for the item, i wont say. Its not hard to figure out, just give it some thought. I am sure someone else will let on to what it is in this thread quickly.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you shuldnt be able to anything in the trawler but the trawler task imo because the rate the boat fills with water is calculated based on the boats total weight.

So more ppl = faster sinking

but if all thoose ppl r trianing magic and not doing anything you've got less chance of surviving

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you're taking a portion of the fish they worked for, I'd say it's morally wrong.

its not that specific i dont think. The total catch can only equal inventory space(28) * players.

so, you could say... your not taking away from them specifically. But they are giving you something. Kind of like an assist system where bother players get exp.

you shuldnt be able to anything in the trawler but the trawler task imo because the rate the boat fills with water is calculated based on the boats total weight.

but if all thoose ppl r trianing magic and not doing anything you've got less chance of surviving

like 70% of the players who do trawler, stand and DO NOT help what so ever. just to clarify.

With trawler worlds you're getting a lot of people already and more people=more fish but most people do freeload there but at least them being there contributes to the fish haul. It's all about perspective toward how you get rewarded for trying to win.

omegaman70.png

I find it funny that they're contributing to the water letting onto the ship *epic lulz followed by cricket chirping* It is a bit unfair to the people essentially working to give them free fish. I say Jagex needs to ban magic on the trawler completely. It's a team game, play on the team.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

If this is a cheap method of training magic, then it's obviously smart, but some people could consider it wrong.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

I haven't done the Trawler Yet, but when I do, if somebody is using Humidify throughout the game, doing NOTHING to help the team, and gets rewarded for it, I don't think it is morally correct. You shouldn't be rewarded for doing nothing.

Sorry, not being a "trawler-er," i didn't really understand how this works. If you are "leeching" other players' resources, then yes, this is morally wrong in my eyes. Pardon the erroneous first post!

With trawler worlds you're getting a lot of people already and more people=more fish but most people do freeload there but at least them being there contributes to the fish haul. It's all about perspective toward how you get rewarded for trying to win.

its not that they leech exactly, you do not further divide the fish from them

100 players = 2800 fish possible. if you freeload you still get the SAME amount of fish as if you worked.

now, if you quit playing, the max haul is 2772 fish. Catch does not directly effect the fish gathered from the net. I have been on a 400 catch trawler where i got over 20 manta with like 6 turtles.

also, due to the freeloaders... the boat does tend to sink on rare occasions. The most common are, lack of bailers or people run out of rope early and just let it sink so we can start over quickly

I think the item is bailing buckets btw.

bailing buckets are immune to humidify. Yes, I did try it. I wonder if it helps the diehard fisher peeps to know that the freeloaders at least have to right click empty?

I don't really see anything wrong with it if the fish loads of other players are not affected. 'sides it's a pretty slow way of getting magic exp. :roll: Maybe they could add fishing exp related to how much work you do or link the rewards to fishing level plus zeal. But I have a feeling peeps would scream about that too. I'm rather entertained at the banter between the fishers and freeloaders. I think I would miss it even though I don't trawl all that often. And I have done both freeloading and working. Trust me, I've bought plenty of swamp paste and rope. I really don't see what the big deal is.

Also, I have seen players spend the entire trip screaming at freeloaders while not doing a lick of work themselves. so what does that make them, freeloaders? My favorite thing to hear is "let's sink the boat to teach the freeloaders a lesson" huh? How does it teach me a lesson if i still get my magic exp but no one gets any fish.

jfroggy

It isn't morally wrong, but it isn't a very nice thing to do and does go against the purpose of the Trawler.

Jagex should just ban magic on the boats, because it doesn't help the minigame - much like non-combat items are banned in castlewars.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'm guessing jagex will nerf this problem soon enough if it persists and becomes an annoyance/completely ruins the game for people that are actually there to play it (much like when they first nerfed Pest Control about a week after release when they added the 'zeal' idea, or when they changed the boat levels because the large amount of low levels (pures) were ruining it for the higher levels). There is no way, i'd imagine, that Jagex will let this happen for much longer if they are the same jagex i've known for three years.....

EDIT: Is it morally wrong? hell no it's bloody intelligent, I wish i still had a members account......

Cheap_Mark.png

Cheap Mark - Going for 1050 Total

and vials? not exactly, their is an item that is a ONE CLICK top click empty option. Like buckets are two clicks to empty same as vials. Much like tele tabs are "one click"
Would you mind telling me what that item is? :geek:

I don't think it's wrong. The other fishers don't get less fish because of you, right? It doesn't affect them but it's good for you. I don't see what's wrong.

i think it's a bowl.

RuneScape is a game... i.e. meant to be played for fun. Don't ruin the fun for others by sitting there doing nothing and taking something out of it.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

I seriously might go try this.

I'm glad you would. It's good to see morals aren't going to stop anyone, afterall it's just smart thinking. If people are playing it for fun, they shouldn't moan at you, that spoils their fun too.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I've never done this and probobly never will but so what if people do this, I would if I could be bothered. Fair play to them for using an efficent method and I laugh at the people who let their morals get in the way...

Its only a game and theres no rules against it, if people wanna do it then let them get on with it and stop crying about it...

Avid43.png

I've never done this and probobly never will but so what if people do this, I would if I could be bothered. Fair play to them for using an efficent method and I laugh at the people who let their morals get in the way...

Its only a game and theres no rules against it, if people wanna do it then let them get on with it and stop crying about it...

well, why can we not alch there then? theirs no "rules" against it. you just cant do it.

The fact is, why should we be able to humidify and not alch?

why is one left out and 1 removed?

why is their no work system?

as for crying about it, maybe you didnt read the post. Its okay, most people on tip.it dont always read everything. But maybe next time you could put a little effort into something you "read"

Nice!!! So if I solo trawler with penance gloves, boots of lightness, and spottier cape the boat will FLOAT! :thumbsup:

EDIT: I mean Fly. Of course it'll float, because the boat won't sink if I'm on it 8-)

For the item, is it a fishbowl or bailing bucket?