Welfare DKers

Skully

First of all, you are in no position to be calling all welfare dkers kids... your 15 bud, secondly, it has been said before, they are getting the hang of it, they will realize that wow, my first few trips aren't as good as I thought right? We all started somewhere, are you telling me the first few times you ever went you weren't a shred excited when you got a measly drop?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wrote that I should aquire you a signed affidavit from most of the dkers. I should have made myself clearer; most dkers that have done a significant amount of trips would agree with me about the quality of a drop ratio. If somebody posted a "Rate! This" of level 35 Hunter, many people would post back saying it isn't worth a rate because it is so easy to get. I might think otherwise, but then again I can't consider myself that well knowledged in that skill. I might have my own opinion (which I'm entitled to express) but others that have more experience in Hunter will largely post it isn't something worth posting. The same applies for Dking, at least I feel, that if somebody posts something others consider to be easy to get (by that I mean something you can achieve relatively quickly/simply) then of course people are entitled to post that they think it isn't worth a good rate. I don't understand where you are pulling all this crap about me not being an admin or owning the forum, the last I checked the mods were pretty lenient about freedom of speech.

Opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. If I think something is a hard earnt achievement, I'll give it a decent rate. If I think it is really easy to achieve, I'll give it a low rate or avoid the topic all-together. I'm not deliberately seeking out to make people feel bad about their achievements, I will usually post something constructive on-par with the Rate! This rules, but don't expect me to go around handing 10/10s where they aren't deserved.

Guess what, you and your little band of "Those who DK frequently"? The rest of us could care less about what you agree on. Funny how your post goes from "Most DK'ers" to "Most DK'ers who go frequently", and I'm assuming that if I press you again on, once again, giving me proof of this agreement, you'll make the number to an even smaller "Those who DK frequently in my clan chat", all 10 of them. Your word alone is not the will of God, neither is whatever your little group agrees on. You have your little elitist group that considers yourself above everyone else because you play a video game more than they do and thus have PHD's in the art of monster drops and can tell everyone else what is and isn't good enough to be on your forums because, as you love to bring attention to, they are your forums where your opinions rule as universal and all must follow them.

You're entitled to your opinion, yet you're not entitled to tell Tip.It to stop people from posting their drops just because you and your rag tag team of kiddies don't think they're up to your standards. And if you're not actively seeking to make them feel bad, why are you supporting a thread with the exact purpose to tell people that if they put up 1 item drops, they're apparently some sort of sub-human filth not fit to use these forums?

I find it funny how you describe "us" as a rag tag team, I actually don't agree with the way Skully is going about his rant but I did pick up on his points. I acknowledge that my views may be seen as elitist by other people. I acknowledge that some of the things I said in this thread have been written in the wrong way and have been misinterpreted by you and others. I apologise for any offence I may have caused anyone, especially those that dk in a manner that I don't. I can see know how my posts might be viewed by others and I can understand the elitist thing you are saying, even if it isn't actually true. Just for future reference, you can't actually gain PHD's in monster hunting and I do not believe my gameplay time means I am a worse person than others. That was actually and genuinely hurtful, but hey this is the Rants forum right?

1.7m is actually a lot of money to some people. I remember buying my first whip and feeling so rich, and it felt great. Maybe you could realize that to be on rate this, it dosnt have to be somthing you have like a 99 stat or 50m drop. Seriously, get over yourself, your NOT that great :|

LOL

Since you are ranting about something stupid anyway, I'll give you something else to rant about. I once was solo maging at DKs in guthans and using cog, as usual. Then some person comes in and he demands me to hop, because he wants to mage for his friends there. I basically had to hop because else he would obviously had called his hyb friends to me with sup and prime. I don't use brews or super rests at dks, so I wouldn't have survived that, or it would at least have ruined my trip.

That mage happened to have your name.

So instead of talking about newb or welfare dkers, think about yourself, and start changing something about your attitude. You aren't the best dker ever, and probably never will be. You may think you are better then a lvl 100 in full rune doing his 1st mage trip, but you really aren't. I'm sure you didn't take guthans or cog on your first trips either ...

No your right I didn't take guthans, I took verac. No welfare [cabbage]. Me? Yeah, I sure demanded you to hop, I asked you quite nicely actually, at first you said no and I was trying to persuade you, and yes, you hopped of your own free will. So give up trying to spread false rumours about me, as I didn't threaten to either did I place supreme or prime on you. I also seem to recall we parted with words of good luck to eachother, so please, don't give me that bs.

Anyway seeing your signature I thought you would understand, instead of tagging along with the crowd who probably have never been there before as their posts pretty much show, who cares about a single drop? If these kids had ever been there, they would see it's so damn easy.

As for the "Best DKer Ever" I have not claimed that anywhere in my post, but 1 thing I can tell you is that i'm probably a hell of a lot better than you, look, you've managed to gain that many drops and havent even moved on to hybing yet? Nice.

I do hyb, just don't have enough room in my sig to put up a hyb section.I wish everyone good luck before I hop, it's just something I do. I also bless every grave at DK's, even if that grave belongs to someone who tried to kill me 1min earlier. Yes, I did hop without really being "forced" to, but you have to admit I had no choice. What would you have done if I decided not to hop? Don't even try to tell me you and your friends would have hopped instead... You know it would have ended up with me either dieing or teleing. Me replying to your rant is nothing personal, I just want to point out my opinion.

I don't want to call myself a better DKer then you are, but I am sure you aren't a hell of a lot better then I am. It's low to post here that you think you are. We both have developed skill in killing these bosses. Mage dking isn't worth less then hybing, it's totally different. Saying that you are better because you hyb as well makes no sense. I do hyb, and can provide pics if you choose not to believe me.

You and I will both agree that DKing is easy. A lvl 100 that manages to get 15-20 kills a trip is probably right if he says that DKing is hard. He has to put way more effort in it then we and other experienced dkers do, which means that a drop isn't just "another axe" for him, it's a rare drop, something which he may only get every 3 trips or so.

EDIT: I don't like finding every world filled with a lvl 100 wearing torags plate and legs and berserker helm and casting slayer dart, but come on, they deserve a chance as well. Experienced dkers may not like it, but that's the way it is. We all started this game as noobs, not as a lvl 120+ with a 100m+ bank. the "welfare" DKers will most likely be able to buy veracs after a few drops, and they'll see more experienced people using guthans and better spells there. We should help them get there, instead of trying to make them stop DKing. Let them learn from us.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

im "crying" over the fact that these idiots spam up all the forums with pictures of a single d axe that nobody cares about. It doesn't take hard work either, which you'd know if maybe you actually tried it yourself. Please think before you post again and maybe you wont make yourself look like a fool.

people do care about it. No matter how small a drop is chances are someone will Care if they got it. Now you're the one who looks like a fool for bashing people who have done nothing wrng, Is that the kind of person you want to be? Its like going up to someone learning how to play (insert sport here ) and saying "omg u suck just because your learning..."

I suggest you take a good look at why you're ranting because its very ironic, after people have seen your drops over a hundred times they're gonna think, "omg...who cares...hes done it before its all the same..."

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Since you are ranting about something stupid anyway, I'll give you something else to rant about. I once was solo maging at DKs in guthans and using cog, as usual. Then some person comes in and he demands me to hop, because he wants to mage for his friends there. I basically had to hop because else he would obviously had called his hyb friends to me with sup and prime. I don't use brews or super rests at dks, so I wouldn't have survived that, or it would at least have ruined my trip.

That mage happened to have your name.

So instead of talking about newb or welfare dkers, think about yourself, and start changing something about your attitude. You aren't the best dker ever, and probably never will be. You may think you are better then a lvl 100 in full rune doing his 1st mage trip, but you really aren't. I'm sure you didn't take guthans or cog on your first trips either ...

No your right I didn't take guthans, I took verac. No welfare [cabbage]. Me? Yeah, I sure demanded you to hop, I asked you quite nicely actually, at first you said no and I was trying to persuade you, and yes, you hopped of your own free will. So give up trying to spread false rumours about me, as I didn't threaten to either did I place supreme or prime on you. I also seem to recall we parted with words of good luck to eachother, so please, don't give me that bs.

Anyway seeing your signature I thought you would understand, instead of tagging along with the crowd who probably have never been there before as their posts pretty much show, who cares about a single drop? If these kids had ever been there, they would see it's so damn easy.

As for the "Best DKer Ever" I have not claimed that anywhere in my post, but 1 thing I can tell you is that i'm probably a hell of a lot better than you, look, you've managed to gain that many drops and havent even moved on to hybing yet? Nice.

I do hyb, just don't have enough room in my sig to put up a hyb section.I wish everyone good luck before I hop, it's just something I do. I also bless every grave at DK's, even if that grave belongs to someone who tried to kill me 1min earlier. Yes, I did hop without really being "forced" to, but you have to admit I had no choice. What would you have done if I decided not to hop? Don't even try to tell me you and your friends would have hopped instead... You know it would have ended up with me either dieing or teleing. Me replying to your rant is nothing personal, I just want to point out my opinion.

I don't want to call myself a better DKer then you are, but I am sure you aren't a hell of a lot better then I am. It's low to post here that you think you are. We both have developed skill in killing these bosses. Mage dking isn't worth less then hybing, it's totally different. Saying that you are better because you hyb as well makes no sense. I do hyb, and can provide pics if you choose not to believe me.

You and I will both agree that DKing is easy. A lvl 100 that manages to get 15-20 kills a trip is probably right if he says that DKing is hard. He has to put way more effort in it then we and other experienced dkers do, which means that a drop isn't just "another axe" for him, it's a rare drop, something which he may only get every 3 trips or so.

EDIT: I don't like finding every world filled with a lvl 100 wearing torags plate and legs and berserker helm and casting slayer dart, but come on, they deserve a chance as well. Experienced dkers may not like it, but that's the way it is. We all started this game as noobs, not as a lvl 120+ with a 100m+ bank. the "welfare" DKers will most likely be able to buy veracs after a few drops, and they'll see more experienced people using guthans and better spells there. We should help them get there, instead of trying to make them stop DKing. Let them learn from us.

A formidable point, but this rant is basically about people posting unimpressive drops in rate this. Not telling all unexperienced dkers to gtfo.

As Sir Hartlar pointed out, anyone who posted 35 hunter in rate this would probably get mocked a bit. This is because most people either have 35 hunter, or have made a conscious choice not to raise it, because 35 hunter takes an hour or 2 to get lol. The same is roughly true of a dragon axe drop. Something that takes 2 hours on average just isn't an achievement.

To anyone who has done 10 DK trips, which is by no means a staggering amount, an axe is not momentous at all. It took 3 axes and a warrior to necessitate my first DK rate this post, and I was level 100 at the time too. The fact they have bad stats isn't any defense for the fact that they post things that even the most rudimentary DKers find underwhelming.

However these people are taking up worlds for those who actually dk for a living, it is unfair on a higher level to be crashed by a trio of inexperienced people, especially when it happens on a non-ls world.

I DK for a living but I disagree with you on that statement. It's Runescape, the 3 low levels have paid for their membership, they have as much right to be there as me, you or scully do. It is extremely irritating, but just because we do it for a living doesn't mean we have any priority to be there.

I'm a lv 118 i did alot of dks and I never got 1 drop. One day when I will get one I will be happy and post it on rate this forum. I won't care what mean people will say and I will be happy to get my first dk drop.If someone get a drop and are proud of it, why couldn't they say it?

ib7rVm.png

However these people are taking up worlds for those who actually dk for a living, it is unfair on a higher level to be crashed by a trio of inexperienced people, especially when it happens on a non-ls world.

I DK for a living but I disagree with you on that statement. It's Runescape, the 3 low levels have paid for their membership, they have as much right to be there as me, you or scully do. It is extremely irritating, but just because we do it for a living doesn't mean we have any priority to be there.

The fact that they are there shows that they're also probably there to try to make a living. People don't really go into that area of the dungeon otherwise, do they? (minus charm hunters)

The fact that they are there shows that they're also probably there to try to make a living. People don't really go into that area of the dungeon otherwise, do they? (minus charm hunters)

He means go there regularly, as in for a living. Not just once or twice every so often.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Seeing the number of drops you've had, it's another zerker or axe is not a lot to you. But for someone with like 1m bank value, or even up to like 10m bank value one of those drops makes a huge difference. So just because you don't care for their drops doesn't mean the thread is pointless.

And why do you care what people wear there? If it honestly annoys you to see someone in rune at Dk for one of their first trips, you need to calm down. Even if people do down there and melee Rex you shouldn't care. Once they get better they'll learn and get better. Not everyone is as naturally amazing as you. :roll:

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

Seeing the number of drops you've had, it's another zerker or axe is not a lot to you. But for someone with like 1m bank value, or even up to like 10m bank value one of those drops makes a huge difference. So just because you don't care for their drops doesn't mean the thread is pointless.

And why do you care what people wear there? If it honestly annoys you to see someone in rune at Dk for one of their first trips, you need to calm down. Even if people do down there and melee Rex you shouldn't care. Once they get better they'll learn and get better. Not everyone is as naturally amazing as you. :roll:

You do realize that this topic has been dumped for like a week? :roll:

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Well I guess I'm a Welfare DKer, I spent my food stamps on Fire Bolt spells. :|

Nah, but you gotta think, didn't you wear that kinda stuff when you were just starting DKs? And what if they Spent all their money on a single item, maybe AGS and lost it somehow; you gotta think about that. As to the Rate This! Threads, someone may really just in general not be lucky at all SOLO, like me for instance, I could go with the most unlucky person in the world, no one who';s gone with him has ever gotten a drop, I go and we get like 5 duo Zerkers. But when I go solo, I only gwet a drop (Axe or Zerker, Warrs don't count) every 2-3 trips. So maybe when they finally getg a Zerker AND an Axe in one trip solo, they think it's really great, and they post it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Just while the topic was on the first page:

Its people like you that annoy me. i cant do Dagonnoth Kings because most clans require stupid requirements like over 10m cash, a godsword, a 99 skill, fancy hardcore armor or 70 prayer. now i understand the prayer factor but the fact is, some of us want to do DK trips to MAKE money so we can buy heavier equipment and do trips with more ease, were not going to bust our arses out to buy full bandos before you take us seriously. -.-

btw your not a "good" DK'er, your mearly a player who kills Dagg' Kings like the rest of us, nothing more. -.-

Popoto.~<3

Its people like you that annoy me. i cant do Dagonnoth Kings because most clans require stupid requirements like over 10m cash, a godsword, a 99 skill, fancy hardcore armor or 70 prayer. now i understand the prayer factor but the fact is, some of us want to do DK trips to MAKE money so we can buy heavier equipment and do trips with more ease, were not going to bust our arses out to buy full bandos before you take us seriously. -.-

btw your not a "good" DK'er, your mearly a player who kills Dagg' Kings like the rest of us, nothing more. -.-

same goes for most godwars situations too, eh

same goes for most godwars situations too, eh

pritty much. =\

Popoto.~<3

Skully IS a good dker. I have another opinion about new dkers then he does, but the fact is that he is very experienced at dking. The "stupid" requirements people or clans have are there for a reason. If you want to fight a boss monster in a team you have to be good enough to actually help ... The godsword, expensive armour and 70 prayer all make it easier for you and your team to bring down the monster, which allows the team to stay longer and possibly get more good loot.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6