Is rs in a recession =0

nightzero

Yea I know my title is kinda exaggerating :P but anyway has anyone noticed that other than some treasure trail items, almost all expensive things prices are going down? its not just gwd either.....

tbh its pissing me off, I didnt log on for 2 weeks and find out I lost about 10mil =/ ah well...

I think I'll let the numbers speak for themselves...

Item -------------- Change

Armadyl godsword 25.0m

Zamorak godsword 4.6m

Bandos godsword 6.7m

Saradomin godsword 11.4m

Bandos chestplate 3.8m

Dragon chainbody 1.9m

Dragonfire shield 5.7m

Saradomin sword 1.9m

Amulet of fury 267.5k

Dragon axe 337.7k

Dragon platelegs 118.5k

Infinity hat 335.8k

Armadyl godsword 13.7m

Zamorak godsword 4.5m

Bandos godsword 4.1m

Saradomin godsword 6.1m

Saradomin sword 1.4m

Bandos chestplate 3.1m

Dragon chainbody 1.3m

Dragonfire shield 2.1m

Amulet of fury 227.9k

Dragon axe 138.7k

Dragon platelegs 49.5k

Infinity hat 145.8k

7 days is less than 1/4th of 30 but as you can see from the above changes this past week accounts for more than half the month. Discuss ::'

mmm..I'd say barrows are the most stable high level armour yet they are also changing..not as big changes as the above but look

Guthan's set -1.7m

Interestingly none of the others sets have moved much at all. I'm not sure but I predict guthans will settle for 4.5...

On a completely different note its nice to see that animal masks are getting sold through the ge, I'm pretty sure junk trading for masks will soon die out. However dont get excited about 3rd age moving, its only a few scattered cases.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Another topic about Prices and the GE \' [/sarcasm]

There already a discussion going on on other topics that adress some of those items that you have said. Might as well add my input here. I am kinda pissed off at the Dragon Legs change <.<, but eh I don't really plan on selling my D legs until I finally get the ability to use Barrows. The Ahrim change made me happy, it went up I sold my Ahrim items and then it went down ::'

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Yay! Another topic about Prices and the GE \' [/sarcasm]

There already a discussion going on on other topics that adress some of those items that you have said. Might as well add my input here. I am kinda pissed off at the Dragon Legs change <.<, but eh I don't really plan on selling my D legs until I finally get the ability to use Barrows. The Ahrim change made me happy, it went up I sold my Ahrim items and then it went down ::'

Meh the other two only focused on ags and ss, they were talking about how people realized those 2 arent worth the price. I'm saying that its freaking crazy how just about every item is plummeting....i guess maybe the start of school?

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Lol i was thinking this the other day, it is weird how near everthing is falling but little seems to be rising, i would have thought it would be a blend.

Recession is probably a bit far, items may be drop but resources are staying pretty much the same.

maybe the drop count on the monsters that drop those items needs to be changed to fix it, if it needs to be fixed at all that is

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

School started.

People tend to sell things and keep cash while they're gone in school. At least, that's my theory.

Then that means when school is over or in Vacation you should expect a rise? No? When school ended was there a rise??

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

yes runescape is in a recession, if by recession you mean everyone is going back to school since sunner is over so less people will be playing runescape so there is no point of having high level items that are just going to lose money so they sell them at min price.

Sure less people will be playing RS but does that mean all the items will reduce by over 30%? thats just crazy...

altho you might be half-right. My theory is that last week (right before school started) some people cancelled members or decided they arent gonna play much/at all during school.

Then they started selling their items minimum to get rid of them...next day items had dropped as much as possible. Some people looked at ge and decided that they might keep dropping and they didnt wanna lose money...which started a big chain reaction which might just keep going =0

That's the biggest con about GE database, it can easily make people freak out. People see an item drop by 500k in 2 days and run to ge to sell it. before the database they wouldn't because it wasnt so convienient to see how much % an item dropped by in how many days, etc,etc

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

this is what happening(i guess)

dfs drops 100k,

0mfg sell it now!

panic,panic,panic.

more selling,dfs drops more,

0mg it keeps dropping,sell sell sell,eww its dropping,

panic,panic etc etc ;)

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

I doubt it was the 100k that started the panic. It had to start somewhere higher than DFS. Perhaps Barrows set off the bomb. But I would think it more plausible that AGS/SGS set it off. Jagex instantly made the mistake by making a very high number of sells to make them drop. Thus AGS/SGS where being sold at lowest for 110/130M. They lowered the cap, and they dropped. They may have done it a second time, but they were being steadily sold for a few under mid. But now with the most recent update, the cap was lowered much more than before. Money was no longer as big a factor as time, summer draws to a close, and memberships end. Competition to sell them thus begins, and a few desperate players stick it in for min. No doubt, some eager merchants already had an offer in for lowest hoping to pounce on the chance to earn some money. But around the 22nd of August, people saw the huge drop, and that they were, already, running out of time to sell them back to the market. This was the chain reaction to the rest of the market.

Again, that's my opinion on what happened.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Armadyl godsword 25.0m

Zamorak godsword 4.6m

Bandos godsword 6.7m

Saradomin godsword 11.4m

Bandos chestplate 3.8m

Dragon chainbody 1.9m

Dragonfire shield 5.7m

Saradomin sword 1.9m

Amulet of fury 267.5k

Dragon axe 337.7k

Dragon platelegs 118.5k

Infinity hat 335.8k

ALL ITEMS WHICH ARE NOT RARES. Godswords/armor are still relatively new and there is always those coming into the game which means the prices haven't stabilized yet. All the other items are non rares, with new armor the dragon is decreasing, inf hat is useless. Why can't people grasp this concept?

yes.png

Armadyl godsword 25.0m

Zamorak godsword 4.6m

Bandos godsword 6.7m

Saradomin godsword 11.4m

Bandos chestplate 3.8m

Dragon chainbody 1.9m

Dragonfire shield 5.7m

Saradomin sword 1.9m

Amulet of fury 267.5k

Dragon axe 337.7k

Dragon platelegs 118.5k

Infinity hat 335.8k

ALL ITEMS WHICH ARE NOT RARES. Godswords/armor are still relatively new and there is always those coming into the game which means the prices haven't stabilized yet. All the other items are non rares, with new armor the dragon is decreasing, inf hat is useless. Why can't people grasp this concept?

i understand what you say but,its suddenly dropping so hard :?

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

School started.

People tend to sell things and keep cash while they're gone in school. At least, that's my theory.

To be honest I have to agree here. People are just mass selling all their equipment now, so they don't lose a lot of money later on if it goes down...etc. All the smart epople are going back to school apparently!

Those saying that some items are only going down because of the bunyip, or drop percents are probably wrong in the fact that all of these possible changes/bugs wouldn't happen like it is now. Sure one after every week or so, but not at once.

I'm also saying the GE was changed somehow.

Armadyl godsword 25.0m

Zamorak godsword 4.6m

Bandos godsword 6.7m

Saradomin godsword 11.4m

Bandos chestplate 3.8m

Dragon chainbody 1.9m

Dragonfire shield 5.7m

Saradomin sword 1.9m

Amulet of fury 267.5k

Dragon axe 337.7k

Dragon platelegs 118.5k

Infinity hat 335.8k

i understand what you say but,its suddenly dropping so hard :?

Maybe (hopefully) jagex took away some of the floors

yes.png

Although it may be a 'recession' more and more people are monster hunting and the demand for these items isn't going up because people already have them. There isn't really anything for them to upgrade to so therefore there appears to be a recession, when the reality demand is just going down.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

School started.

i have to admit, i sold my ags before i started school, hence why i'm retired. panicking is the real issue here, since expensive items are crowding the exchange from players that are like me and want to sell all their valuables before they drop.

*puts on straight face*

"sir are we in a recession?"

"We cannot determine at the moment whether we are in a recession, although it is undeniable we are in a bit of a slowdown."

*takes straight face off*

Remind you of anything?

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D>

A little bit more seriously though i think this is merely a slight dip in prices, they will start going back up after pking is implemented again.

Sirdanile.jpg

Thanks "MrShinyredplanet" for the sig!

Thanks "littleboy" for the avatar!

Blood +,Code Geass (both seasons),Death Note,Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann,.hack//(all), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Eureka 7, Bleach,Cowboy Bebop,DN Angel,Scrapped Princess,Kiba, Rental Magica,D-Grayman,Fate/Stay Night,Elfen Lied,Chrno Crusade,FLCL,Haruhi Suzumiya, and Gungrave. Anime i've watched, pm me to suggest other series

*puts on straight face*

"sir are we in a recession?"

"We cannot determine at the moment whether we are in a recession, although it is undeniable we are in a bit of a slowdown."

*takes straight face off*

Remind you of anything?

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D>

A little bit more seriously though i think this is merely a slight dip in prices, they will start going back up after pking is implemented again.

Meh I'm gonna have to disagree with your last line, people dont pk with full armadyl a fury,d legs or bandos armour =P, idk maybe gs's might go up when pking comes out just because of the hype but i think the rest are gonna keep going down...but thats just me ::'

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

School starts and suddenly people have less time to play, so they sell their most valued items on the Exchange, to save any loss if they started plummeting.

Seems simple.

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

School starts and suddenly people have less time to play, so they sell their most valued items on the Exchange, to save any loss if they started plummeting.

Seems simple.

Sure I think it might drop a little for school, but these items just keep dropping. I would be willing to bet that at least 2 godswords drop at least 500k each day for the next week. I didnt notice this last year, and even though there was no ge I used to keep up with street prices as I used to be a merchanter.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?