Is rs in a recession =0

nightzero

No recession. Nothing is going on with the players. Jagex updated the way that the GE deals with low-volume GE traded items. It is not a coincidence that a bunch of things are falling, and 3rd age prices have started rising, at nearly the same time. Needed to be done due to coinshare...tons of arma hilts were coming into the game, and people would get the cash, but then nobody bought it in the GE. I seriously cant imagine how many hilts sat in the GE while billions of GP kept getting created.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean school is starting? THE GOVERNMENT IS BRINGING RS DOWN!

Seriously, it happens every year.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

You mean school is starting? THE GOVERNMENT IS BRINGING RS DOWN!

Seriously, it happens every year.

But the drop seems bigger that just school starting...seriously take a look at the GE. also in your theory wouldnt prices go up when school ends? i didnt see that =0

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

No recession. Nothing is going on with the players. Jagex updated the way that the GE deals with low-volume GE traded items. It is not a coincidence that a bunch of things are falling, and 3rd age prices have started rising, at nearly the same time. Needed to be done due to coinshare...tons of arma hilts were coming into the game, and people would get the cash, but then nobody bought it in the GE. I seriously cant imagine how many hilts sat in the GE while billions of GP kept getting created.

I agree with you, but this was only the start of it, like other people said people started to panick when the prices started dropping so those that planned to sell before school sold their items off at minimum price, and it just kept going downhill from there

also zammy spears were being sold for 1.6 mil on forums last Tuesday, now they are down to minimum value of the ge(around 900k)

Hephaestos8.gif

The United States is in a recession. :o

Which means nothing for RuneScape due to the fact it's in a different "universe".

Not to mention that the U.S. is, in fact, NOT in a recession. There was something like 1% growth the first quarter (Jan.-March) and something like 3% growth over the the latest quater.

As for Runescape, my guesses are:

1) School starting and people selling out their banks before they go f2p for the schoolyear.

2) Some MAJOR panic selling.

3) What's stated in the post above mine.

4) Item duping (there's a thread on the RSOF about this (74-75-475-57531014; it's locked already, so don't expect it to be there much longer). I hope it's not happening, but it's definitely a possibility).

5) A combination of the first 3 and, possibly, the 4th.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

The United States is in a recession. :o

Maybe but even though the price of oil's gone up due to the weak dollar, it's not like we 'Scapers ever leave the house to drive around anyway!

[hide=The Dupe Thread from RSOF]

As many of you might have noticed. Prices for most of the "rare" items in Runescape are dropping drastically fast. You might not believe me or take it as a lie. But I suspected for a while that this was the effect of an "Item dupe."

I for one, used to be a part of that "crowd." I suffered a loss for that.(my account being banned) Alas I have come to agree with Jagex on their part though. Just recently I contacted some of my old sources,friends,etc., and they verified my suspicions.

There IS a dupe. In the next few weeks notice the steady decline in 3rd Age prices. That is the only "profitable" thing they could dupe now. It is getting out of hand.

I ask you, Jagex, to please try your best to resolve this issue. It is crashing our market, YOUR market, that you worked so hard to fix(Grand Exchange,trade limit,Removal of Player killing,Death of R.W.T,etc.) Now that I play regularly it is affecting me as well. I don't appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone will be with me on this one.

You many not believe me or just take this is a joke, but I'm serious. I have discussed the market value changes with several well known merchants in Runescape and they have also verified a drastic change that could only be caused by a dupe.

I leave it in your hands now. :(

Josh.

~epac~ out.

////////

I do NOT know how this is done otherwise it would be reported straight to Jagex. Currently the only knowledge I could weed out of them is that it involves Item Lending. I also have suspicions it has something to do with killing yourself with Zamorak Brews. I have noticed several people committing suicide with them with rares on at G.E. and several other places.

Edit:

I verified the suicide thing with another old friend. That's all I've got. I'm hoping this leads to a fix.

[/hide]

Seems pretty serious. :thumbdown:

It's all because of the new PvP update, read it carefully when it mentions about the new 70+ Armour and the new weapons. Everyone is selling their Barrows armour for the hype of the new sets, most likely the new armour won't degrade. Also, potions have sky rocketed, old PKers are coming out of retirement just because of this update and stocking up on potions, thus taking the supply and leaving a very high demand.

Answering to the topics question, the only part of Runescape is going into a recession is Potions and Food. Much like what England is going through at the moment, the Credit Crunch (Sounds like a breakfast cereal!). This might be to us as The Gold Crunch, where we might have to make a living off PKing. The Skillers are going to be very happy about this because now they can make millions, however, they need to offer the supply.

It all seemed sunshine and lolly pops everywhere when we heard about the update, but we have to play the waiting game for the update. Many poeple are thinking that its coming out next month and if its not, this will only get worse and worse. Pray for the best people.

We will get out of this "Gold Crunch" after a few weeks the PvP update is released, it will boost the economy.

But that's what I think :)

Phaper_Plane.png

[hide=The Dupe Thread from RSOF]
As many of you might have noticed. Prices for most of the "rare" items in Runescape are dropping drastically fast. You might not believe me or take it as a lie. But I suspected for a while that this was the effect of an "Item dupe."

I for one, used to be a part of that "crowd." I suffered a loss for that.(my account being banned) Alas I have come to agree with Jagex on their part though. Just recently I contacted some of my old sources,friends,etc., and they verified my suspicions.

There IS a dupe. In the next few weeks notice the steady decline in 3rd Age prices. That is the only "profitable" thing they could dupe now. It is getting out of hand.

I ask you, Jagex, to please try your best to resolve this issue. It is crashing our market, YOUR market, that you worked so hard to fix(Grand Exchange,trade limit,Removal of Player killing,Death of R.W.T,etc.) Now that I play regularly it is affecting me as well. I don't appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone will be with me on this one.

You many not believe me or just take this is a joke, but I'm serious. I have discussed the market value changes with several well known merchants in Runescape and they have also verified a drastic change that could only be caused by a dupe.

I leave it in your hands now. :(

Josh.

~epac~ out.

////////

I do NOT know how this is done otherwise it would be reported straight to Jagex. Currently the only knowledge I could weed out of them is that it involves Item Lending. I also have suspicions it has something to do with killing yourself with Zamorak Brews. I have noticed several people committing suicide with them with rares on at G.E. and several other places.

Edit:

I verified the suicide thing with another old friend. That's all I've got. I'm hoping this leads to a fix.

[/hide]

Seems pretty serious. :thumbdown:

you cant suicide with zammy brews :?

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Unless Jagex changed it recently, you can, because I saw a massive suicide festival at the G.E about two weeks ago. The guys doing the suiciding were even handing out free Zamorak Brews, and I used them to suicide as well.

blazesigbq9.jpg

Unless Jagex changed it recently, you can, because I saw a massive suicide festival at the G.E about two weeks ago. The guys doing the suiciding were even handing out free Zamorak Brews, and I used them to suicide as well.

You've pretty much always been able to. Once you get down to 1 hp, it can take a while, but eventually it will hit that 1 and kill you.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Wow, that duping sounds sincere. The only thing is, no one who uses the glitch will report it, since it's a source of income.

Can't Jagex detect such a dupe? I mean, when someone suddenly has 20 extra sets of Third Age armor, someone else has to notice?

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Wow, that duping sounds sincere. The only thing is, no one who uses the glitch will report it, since it's a source of income.

Can't Jagex detect such a dupe? I mean, when someone suddenly has 20 extra sets of Third Age armor, someone else has to notice?

What if they dont sell it? The reason Jagex found out about the phat dupe way back in the days was because people started mass selling pink phats, if theyre smart and only sell like 1 a day or something, jagex wont have a reason to be suspicious, but then again i'm not sure how it works.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

No, it's not. As new factors come into play (the school year beginning, most likely...,) market trends change. I blame this on school and the stupidity of most self-proclaimed "merchants." Just because you can buy and sell things doesn't mean you're a merchant or you know what you're doing. It will even out soon enough.

Our_Moon.png

So, I'm the only one that thinks "If you buy and item, keep it."

Leesters taught me that back when I was jugling Barrows sets around for DK'ing or KQ'ing. Just save up, buy what you need, and KEEP IT.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I hear people talking about investing in items all the time, I just think what's the point in buying something that you might use in the off chance it might rise, I agree with Trojann and usually when I buy something I will only sell it again if I absolutely need too.

Leesters taught me that back when I was jugling Barrows sets around for DK'ing or KQ'ing. Just save up, buy what you need, and KEEP IT.

You wont think that when/if you cancel your members, which is mostly the case here.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

SSSHT don't tell those secrets to have carefree rs live to everyone! :P

on a more serious note: I don't know about that "duping": Won't believe it if I don't see it with my own eyes. But I've heard from various sources about this problem now already (rsof, here, just in runescape at different world..)

On the other hand, I've seen with my own eyes there's a lot of panic selling going on: and when the pure ess was rising high a similar thing happened when there was a lot of panic buying..

I bet people will soon notice they still like their old weaponry: and buy it back.. Sure the price won't get as high as it was usual (just like the pure essence price after bumping to 170 ea never got back to 100-120), but I think it will go up quite a bit again in 1-2 weeks..

@nightzero: well I cancelled membership quite a few times in the past, 1 time for 1 year... But why would I sell my stuff: it's not like you actually ever need more than 10m as f2p!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

i think guthans is going down because of the bunyip

It should be 6 mil ATM if it was just bunyip. Bunyip + money being spent on PK instead + panic + back to school quitting = Cadenza.

I think it'll go lower than 4.5 mil. And I don't think it'll go back up, unless people think that the low price is worth investing on or that it's worth the money compared to what a bunyip costs (7-10 mil I believe?). I hope they do.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!