Working out topic

Rarex

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me, when you reach a plateau, do you maintain the muscles at least?

It sucks, I have no facilities here.

I've hit barriers at 41 pull-ups, 43 chin-ups, and 120 push-ups. I can't advance at all. Could any of you PM me some good weightless exercises to switch it up? My facilities= one pull-up bar, one mat, two 5 kilogram dumbbells, and a track.

My leg exercises are terrible. I try and do 2 miles, with 100 meter sprints injected after every 700 meters, and then I do some squat jumps :-/

Oh right, to offer me good exercises: I'd be around 5'5 and 135 pounds. Thank you in advance.

And...I like climbing. I try to do parkour. If any of you do that--tips'd be nice. I'm sure one of you mentioned it... was it Mage_man?

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Isn't 1 pull up the equivalent of 10 pushups?You should be able to do 400 ish push ups if you're being serious.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Isn't 1 pull up the equivalent of 10 pushups?You should be able to do 400 ish push ups if you're being serious.

Hmm, I've never heard that one before. Could be a somewhat accurate generalization, but it's not true in my case either. I won't mention my abilities, but it's not on that scale. :oops:

I don't see how one would affect the other as they focus different muscle groups.

Pull ups focus back muscles and biceps, push ups focus chest and triceps.

Tell me, when you reach a plateau, do you maintain the muscles at least?

It sucks, I have no facilities here.

I've hit barriers at 41 pull-ups, 43 chin-ups, and 120 push-ups. I can't advance at all. Could any of you PM me some good weightless exercises to switch it up? My facilities= one pull-up bar, one mat, two 5 kilogram dumbbells, and a track.

My leg exercises are terrible. I try and do 2 miles, with 100 meter sprints injected after every 700 meters, and then I do some squat jumps :-/

Oh right, to offer me good exercises: I'd be around 5'5 and 135 pounds. Thank you in advance.

And...I like climbing. I try to do parkour. If any of you do that--tips'd be nice. I'm sure one of you mentioned it... was it Mage_man?

Something about this seems off.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

No, I don't think so. The only reason I can do so many pull-ups is probably because my arms are abnormally big, in comparison with my body. I've been doing the exercise since I was like 12, so I've just gotten good at it.

When I add a backpack with like 12 kilograms, the number of pull ups drops to 15--So it's all probably just about my unusual arm/body ratio.

EDIT: Now that my body weight has become stable (I've stopped growing), I guess these same old exercises just don't help anymore.

No, I don't think so. The only reason I can do so many pull-ups is probably because my arms are abnormally big, in comparison with my body. I've been doing the exercise since I was like 12, so I've just gotten good at it.

When I add a backpack with like 12 kilograms, the number of pull ups drops to 15--So it's all probably just about my unusual arm/body ratio.

EDIT: Now that my body weight has become stable (I've stopped growing), I guess these same old exercises just don't help anymore.

Are you going all the way down and all the way up when you do pullups?

I've seen many people claim to do X number of pull ups. They go upt to the bar and their ROM is ridiculously small. They attempt to do dead hang (go all the way down) and the number decreases dramatically.

Are you going all the way down and all the way up when you do pullups?

I've seen many people claim to do X number of pull ups. They go upt to the bar and their ROM is ridiculously small. They attempt to do dead hang (go all the way down) and the number decreases dramatically.

I don't let my arms go completely straight, no. Because that gives them time to relax. I do more of a 160 degree deal. Maybe a bit more. Though, admittedly, the last two or three are done with the aid of my legs (I kick up weakly, as my arms start to burn off). So those numbers'd be a little lower I guess.

But yeah, I don't want to talk about what I'm doing currently, I need what I should be doing.

I don't let my arms go completely straight, no. Because that gives them time to relax. I do more of a 160 degree deal. Maybe a bit more. Though, admittedly, the last two or three are done with the aid of my legs (I kick up weakly, as my arms start to burn off). So those numbers'd be a little lower I guess.

But yeah, I don't want to talk about what I'm doing currently, I need what I should be doing.

Don't use momentum, full extend your arms (180), and stop for half a second between pull ups (not enough to rest but enough to guarentee you ain't swingin'), then come back with a number. If you're still breaking 25 I'm going to say something's wrong.

What you should be doing, if you're not in high school join the football team and use their facilities if you aren't already allowed to. If you are in high school then you're school should have some level of equipment to use, and if you need adult supervision when doing it, again, just join a team. It's that or join a gym- you'll see better results once you get actual weights to use (although you must be some kind of God to reach over 40 pull ups with no equipment whatsoever, so who am I to preach?).

Its not safe for your shoulders. And just because someone can do 40 pullups doesn't mean much. When you are a twig and have barely any weight to actually pull up, its easy.

That's always my excuse when my 120 pound friends do pull-ups.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Isn't going all the way down on pull ups worse for your joints though?

Not if you do them right. If you're flailing for momentum, ya, ya might hyperextend something. But if you're actually controlled, i.e. using the correct form, then there's really not much of a threat of damaging something.

Its not safe for your shoulders. And just because someone can do 40 pullups doesn't mean much. When you are a twig and have barely any weight to actually pull up, its easy.

Even so, the most I could do when I didn't weigh a lot (5th grade) was 20. After that amount I could do really started dropping and I needed to get muscle mass.

well recently i've started devolping a slight bulge on the stomach, or as some call it a "pot-belly". bsically i'm looking for a way to strengthen my arms/legs while working my "bulge" into a bit more muscle as myself and a mate are entering the defence force this June. at the moment, each day i do a 2km walk followed by 20 chin-ups and 30 sit-ups. is there anything else creative i can do? just in case its said no i dont own a Weights set, but we do have a local Gym (which charges a fortune).

Popoto.~<3

Make it a 3k run? You'll save time and get much more out of it.

well recently i've started devolping a slight bulge on the stomach, or as some call it a "pot-belly". bsically i'm looking for a way to strengthen my arms/legs while working my "bulge" into a bit more muscle as myself and a mate are entering the defence force this June. at the moment, each day i do a 2km walk followed by 20 chin-ups and 30 sit-ups. is there anything else creative i can do? just in case its said no i dont own a Weights set, but we do have a local Gym (which charges a fortune).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-inten ... l_training