All Microhelper Problems Go Here

Errdoth

Umm I installed it but how I get it working? Sorry im not really a firefox man

When you run a RuneScape world, you should see it there. If that isn't working, go to Tools>Add-ons and see if it's enabled.

j0xPu5R.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I try to get the delayed version, I just get the .xpi file on my desktop. When I open it, it says something about Windows not finding the correct program to run the file. Also, now for some reason the primary option of the file seems to be "Share via TVersity" :shock:

Help pl0x? :?

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

When I try to get the delayed version, I just get the .xpi file on my desktop. When I open it, it says something about Windows not finding the correct program to run the file. Also, now for some reason the primary option of the file seems to be "Share via TVersity" :shock:

In firefox, click File, Open File, and then find the .xpi file on your desktop.

1.png
generic_signature.png

In firefox, click File, Open File, and then find the .xpi file on your desktop.

Aah.. Thank you. Time to test it out ::'

EDIT: Yep, the Java applet loads a bit slowly, but that might be just me :lol: Otherwise, works like dream.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

• 3 weeks later...
How do you close it after you open it?

When using it, it eats up a small portion of the window. And I can't figure out how to make it go away when I'm done using it beside logging off.

Ummm is there a minimize button or anything?

You can open it but cant minimize it..

Ummm is there a minimize button or anything?

You can open it but cant minimize it..

Click the tip.it logo on the tool bar to minimize it to a smaller format.

Great improvement over the last microhelper. I love how it fits right in with the gameplay in HD. I stopped using the older one previously because it caused java not to load but this new one works beautifully.

It took a minute but I got it...

I think the problem was I had too many add-ons, so first I disabled them all - which didn't work. Then I decided to uninstall the ones I never used and were just sitting there. I could then download, hooray for me!

If anyone else got the following message, try out this plan.

error%20message.png

Have the same problem as this guy ^^... But nothing will work... Help please?

um...when i downloaded it, it shows up. but when i try to upload the runescape main page(where you have world selects and insert ur name), it doesnt upload. it just stays at the java-loading sign. well, i dont really need the microhelper, so, how do i disable/delete/take it out of my computer?

EDIT: never mind, i figured out how to uninstall it =P

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

Have the same problem as this guy ^^... But nothing will work... Help please?

This is the mozilla page on the error. I dunno what else it is, if not conflicting addons. What's your firefox version, and have you tried the greasemonkey user script instead?

The microhelper apears to block adds by making the place where adds are all black and it removes the *home upgrade acount and kb toolbar :?:

Only on P2P world/page thingies, it removes that Jagex bar to conserve screen space. (Which isn't against the rules, I checked :P )

wat the heck lol it keeps trying to open as a windows media player file i switeched to open with fire fox and for some reason it wont let me download wasnt there a update button or somthing on the micro helper but anyways the problem is it wont download advice plox :)

Choose the option to Save As, and save it to your desktop or wherever, then, in Firefox, click File -> Open File -> Navigate to where you saved the extension and double click it. That should bring up the install prompt. And yes, there was an update button, but some...ah....complications arose. We're working on it :|

:wall: i downloaded it but after i hit restart fire fox it opens again but its just 2 blank tabs saying "loading" :wall:

When Firefox restarts it saves your current open tabs, so it's probably just opening the tab where you downloaded it from again, so it shouldn't be a problem if you just close the tabs, though I'm not entirely sure what you're asking =/

Also: 1750 downloads! Wooooohooo!

Errdoth, you know how you created a second microhelper with a delayed start time? Is it possible that you could do that for the high detail version of the helper as well. Because sometimes java doesn't load and I prefer using the HD microhelper as it has a transparent look that fits in nicer with the game. If not it's no biggie.

well i have more of a suggestion then a problem.. dont have the names so sensative? like if i hit in satna.. let it pull up santa... and also.. when i scroll down with mouse or anything its waaay too sensative it scrolls down like 3 full pages.. just tryin to help.. i love the prog btw.

Sp1nn3y.png

wa5t3dy0u7h.jpeg

1057394893crochrofl.PNG

World 46 Regular

well i have more of a suggestion then a problem.. dont have the names so sensative? like if i hit in satna.. let it pull up santa... and also.. when i scroll down with mouse or anything its waaay too sensative it scrolls down like 3 full pages.. just tryin to help.. i love the prog btw.

If you configure your mouse settings in control panel -> mouse -> wheel, you can change the speed at which your mouse scrolls through pages. Can't do anything about the spelling though.

Hope I helped. ::'

sammycorgi.png

sammycorgi.png

If life isn't fair, it doesn't mean you can't win.

Patience and persistence can bring down the tallest trees.

He who speaks in anger makes his anger heard but his words forgotten.

Be the master of your mind rather than being mastered by your mind.

Sammycorgi.png

if i hit in satna.. let it pull up santa...

I don't think so as it is taken directly from the items database, and we really strive to make sure everything is typed correctly.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Sorry for this question, but will i get banned under 3rd party software runescape rule if i use this addon?

Its not really an add on. Its more like a mini portal to the tip.it website. Technically i guess it could be considered an addon because you have to install something though, as opposed to just visiting this site. However jagex really has no way of knowing and tip.it has been around long enough to be trusted, as well as having some very well known people associated with running the site.

I've found a couple problem with the Microhelper:

1. If you're viewing a monster's page in the bestiary, and try to search for another monster, an error page appears. The error page is all black, with black text, but if you highlight it, you can read:

Not Found

The requested URL /runescape/addon/bstiary_lite_hires.php was not found on this server.

Notice there is an e missing in the word bestiary, in the URL. Just fix that typo and it should work fine.

2. If you search for a username that doesn't exist (in the stats window), it will say, "verdana." It should say something like, "Not found."

3. The scroll bar on the planners windows doesn't match the scroll bar in all of the other windows. Instead of it being the RuneScape-style scroll bar, it will be your browser's default scroll bar.

(I use Firefox 3 and Windows XP)

When I have the Microhelper enabled and load runescape I always end up at the page you normaly only go to if u decline the Java popup. I've tried to disable and then re-enableling the microhelper, but it still wont work. :wall:

Any ideas? :shock:

when i click on bestiary and do a search.. it works.. and ill do another search right after that.. and sometimes it'll go blank?(the whole drop down menu disappears) i can still right click and hit go back and it will(and the menu will reappear).. but i can search again same thing/something new.. and it will go black again.... i have to go back like 3 pages or click items and search then retry the bestiary and it will work...

(submitted it and didnt see it was already posted... oh well..)

and my scroll bar works like rs bar.. not as my browsers.. idk?

Sp1nn3y.png

wa5t3dy0u7h.jpeg

1057394893crochrofl.PNG

World 46 Regular

when i search for an item, monster or anything, the window takes up the whole screen.

ohnoes.jpg

Going to another tab then back to rs or mininmizing then maximizing firefox makes it go back to normal.

itworks.jpg

but i don't wanna have to do that every time i look something up

sup, all!

hi in the end under the warranty it reads something like we will do out best to help out. out should be our.

Fixed and thank you! 8-)

What about all of the other problems? Can we expect those to be fixed in the next few months? ...or years?

The problem with the bestiary should be able to be fixed without an update, even. Right now it really isn't even usable, so that's something that needs to get fixed ASAP.

Same problem with the suggestions thread. I still haven't seen a comment about whether or not any of my ideas are being considered for the next update.