All Microhelper Problems Go Here

Errdoth

hi in the end under the warranty it reads something like we will do out best to help out. out should be our.

Fixed and thank you! 8-)

What about all of the other problems? Can we expect those to be fixed in the next few months? ...or years?

The problem with the bestiary should be able to be fixed without an update, even. Right now it really isn't even usable, so that's something that needs to get fixed ASAP.

Same problem with the suggestions thread. I still haven't seen a comment about whether or not any of my ideas are being considered for the next update.

Oi, no need for the attitude. The spelling error was something anyone could fix, which is why it was. I'm pretty much the only one to fix the actual issues with the code, and I've been freakishly busy lately. I'll take a look later tonight, and yes, it can be fixed without an update.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi, no need for the attitude. The spelling error was something anyone could fix, which is why it was. I'm pretty much the only one to fix the actual issues with the code, and I've been freakishly busy lately. I'll take a look later tonight, and yes, it can be fixed without an update.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything... It was just a small joke because it seems like it takes a really long time for admins to reply in this forum, and I didn't want to problems to be ignored. Good to finally know that you're at least aware of the problems now.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything... It was just a small joke because it seems like it takes a really long time for admins to reply in this forum, and I didn't want to problems to be ignored. Good to finally know that you're at least aware of the problems now.

Crew handle site matters tbh. Admins are occasionally called for administrative decisions. ;) Errdoth is really the only one Crew that is working on the Microhelper as it is his baby. :P

If you feel a topic has been missed feel free to give a friendly "Bump," a crew member will lock the thread if it is not needed or corrected. We are humans to and miss things. :o

N_odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I have downloaded the microhelper and it's an amazing tool! :thumbup: :thumbsup:

My only concern is I cant use it in HD. I downloaded the HD version, and updated my firefox and everytime i try to run runescape in HD it shuts down FireFox. If you could help that would be amazing :D

davidlb921.gif

here is a few thing i have found

when entering your name into the highscore u have to put your name twice as it clears it the 1st time.

In planners, you can not change anything in the 'type' box - the 'type' box will show what you select but the atuall planner stays at the original content.

also, this is asthetical, if u go from one menu (eg. calcs to planners, the calc menu will still appear depressed but it will change to the correct menu so this is not rlly much of a problem it just dosent look so good.

(hope these have not been reported allready)

Big Dave

312d4zt.gif

*Shows of his Questcape!!*

Big_Dave.png

All of your bugs (+ a few others) have been fixed and are awaiting uploading. Thanks :)

The style modifications are going to have to wait a bit, though.

Wow, that was fast! :)

The bestiary still isn't working properly though. Is that going to require an update now, or have you just not gotten around to that one yet?

All of your bugs (+ a few others) have been fixed and are awaiting uploading. Thanks :)

The style modifications are going to have to wait a bit, though.

Wow, that was fast! :)

The bestiary still isn't working properly though. Is that going to require an update now, or have you just not gotten around to that one yet?

They haven't been uploaded yet.

I found the problem. It is actually a firefox problem with HD. Java just released a new update and you may need to download it. If you are prompted to use the old version after you download it just click run. This update should fix all the problems with hd.

Thanks for trying to help and hope this can solve similar questions :-)

davidlb921.gif

I found the problem. It is actually a firefox problem with HD. Java just released a new update and you may need to download it. If you are prompted to use the old version after you download it just click run. This update should fix all the problems with hd.

Thanks for trying to help and hope this can solve similar questions :-)

Very cool, thanks for reporting your findings.

Also, almost 15k downloads, which is awesome :D

Smithing/Smelting planner isn't working.

EDIT: Oh, no problem, I was just clicking the wrong button. :x

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Hi I just want to say that the Microhelper have been nothing but annoying. I have installed it and now ,for no reason, Runescape will lagg every 10 seconds (not an exaggeration) I have removed it thinking it was the program but it was still the same. This is playing in ultra low detail and not doing anything else on the computer. How the hell did this happen?

Hi, I am using Ubuntu for this add-on, and I cannot get it to work properly. I changed the loading time from 1000, to 7500, to allow the original applet to load first. It still doesn't work though. I get the message on the bottom of the screen saying "Applet RuneScape Bail". It just won't load, no matter how much I refresh it. I'm not that good with code, so if some other Ubuntu user could help with this, that would be GREAT!

i was reading the runescape rules today and i think it was rule #7 where it says that any third party program could not block and part of the runescape game. Well i noticed that the top bar of runescape is being blocked by the microhelper i'm just wondering what's up with that?

[Crew edit: We checked with Jagex to ensure that our application was compliant, because Tip.It's policy is to comply with all Jagex rules. It does not block ads which is Jagex's main concern, and does not violate any other restrictions on 3rd party clients. Using the space occupied by the top bar allows us to give you extra service, and the bar really only takes you to http://www.runescape.com which is easy to reach anyway. Thanks for your concern.]

i was reading the runescape rules today and i think it was rule #7 where it says that any third party program could not block and part of the runescape game. Well i noticed that the top bar of runescape is being blocked by the microhelper i'm just wondering what's up with that?

It's meant to do that, and doesn't break the rules (I've asked :P )

1. Software that attempts to communicate directly with our game worlds.

Doesn't do any of this. Everything is running on top of the game.

2. Software that monitors, modifies or decrypts the communications between our game applets and our game worlds.

Doesn't touch the game itself like, at all.

3. Software that generates input to our game applets. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses.

Nope, none of this

4. Modified or replacement versions of our game applets. Reverse engineering our game applets is strictly prohibited. Using a modified version of our game applets is not permitted for any reason. Third party software that displays pages/content from our website(s), and that has specific features (i.e. toolkits) must not be used to access our website unless that software conforms with all of the other rules, and the following additional rules:

Doesn't go near the game applet, it's all on top of it.

5. It must not encourage rule-breaking or endanger users.

Nope.

6. It must not contain adverts or links to websites that encourage rule-breaking or endanger users.

Nope.

7. It must not automatically make repeated page/content requests from our website or otherwise make excessively bandwidth intensive requests from our servers (each page/content request should only be in direct response to a user request each time).

None of this.

8. It must not bypass the normal navigation of our website for users wishing to reach the game worlds. The software should initially only point at the front page of our websites, and should require the user to navigate through the website normally to reach the game worlds. The software must not contain or acquire direct links to our "Select a world" page, or to our game world pages, or to the applet.

None of this.

9. It must not hide or encourage the hiding of any of the adverts on our website. To avoid encouraging users to hide the advert above the game the pane displaying pages from our website must default to at least 630 pixels high (if viewed on a screen with a resolution higher than 800x600), and it must not be possible to resize it to less height than that. i.e. the page must be displayed in such a way that both the game and advert are fully visible at the same time.

Keyword: adverts. It doesn't do anything with the adverts.

10. It must not attempt to make it easier to enter a busy game world than it would be for users not using the software. It must not allow worlds marked as 'FULL' on the world select page to be selected. It must not contain any features to make it easier to enter or monitor busy worlds.

Nope.

11. If the software has its own integrated chat feature, separate from the game chat, it should make it very clear to users that this chat is not part of our games and is not official, endorsed or moderated by Jagex in any way. Furthermore, this chat should still be moderated (just not by us), and the moderators should not allow chat which infringes our rules of conduct. To avoid confusion with the official game chat, moderators of the external chat should not be indicated with a silver or gold crown. If the chat is IRC based, then the software should only allow access to IRC channels which conform with the above rules.

Doesn't have this feature (yet.)

Hi I just want to say that the Microhelper have been nothing but annoying. I have installed it and now ,for no reason, Runescape will lagg every 10 seconds (not an exaggeration) I have removed it thinking it was the program but it was still the same. This is playing in ultra low detail and not doing anything else on the computer. How the hell did this happen?

If you removed the addon, I can't see how it would be causing the problem. Have you tried reinstalling java, starting in safe mode, or creating a new firefox profile?

Hi, I am using Ubuntu for this add-on, and I cannot get it to work properly. I changed the loading time from 1000, to 7500, to allow the original applet to load first. It still doesn't work though. I get the message on the bottom of the screen saying "Applet RuneScape Bail". It just won't load, no matter how much I refresh it. I'm not that good with code, so if some other Ubuntu user could help with this, that would be GREAT!

Could it be a java problem? Does it work with the addon uninstalled?

Well it seems to solve it self a day after. I will try to use it again. maybe it was just my connecting playing up.

I used it again and now the calculators does not work at all. every time i put my name it it will not show my stats. I am using the woodcutting calculators and i'm on the high scores.

Hmm i got a problem now.

I can't use microhelper and I think it's microsoft windows vista fault.

either that or firefox 3.1 beta doesn't support it.

vista doesn't understand .xpi files. :(

You can try using save as, then, in Firefox, click on File -> Open File, navigate to where you saved it, select it, and then hit open.

The addon _should_ be supported in the 3.1 beta. If you get a message about it not being supported when you try to install, you can try this: http://www.jamesvandyke.com/2008/01/23/turn-off-add-on-compatibility-check-in-firefox-3-beta/

Hope you get it sorted out :)

(Also, 20k downloads D:)

• 2 weeks later...

When I was using it before and it worked (in standard detail, low res one), you couldn't search for a new bestiary monster after you had already searched one because it said "Not Found".

Now all I get is a white screen error. After this I uninstalled the add-on and tried greasemonkey + that file but all it did was remove the home & kb search bar put there by JaGeX.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some suggestions and little problems:

* Instead of collapsing horizontally, collapse vertically (I think it's better imo)

* If you visit another tab, the previous tab stays also highlighted, I think only one tab's meant to be highlighted, or not?

Anyway, great tool!

I hope this helps you

the_xx_92.png

the_xx_92.png

the_xx_92.png

Ok, so I'm trying to use the coordinate lookup tool on the microhelper, but it doesn't work. No matter what coordinates I enter into it, it just comes up with the crosshairs on the observatory every time. The version on tip.it works; it's just in the microhelper that it doesn't work. How can I fix this?

EDIT: I don't know what the problem was, but it works now.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

For some reason I can't play RuneScape with the Microhelper. Sometimes they both work perfectly, but there are occasions were I can see the microhelper but only a white screen behind it.

Running Firefox 3 as well as the Microhelper for HD.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.