Penguin/Star Hunters ~CC added~

Zaaps1

MODS: Please move this if it's in the wrong place. I honestly have no idea where it should go.

Well I was looking through the thread on RSOF, and simply put it was a mess. All people tend to do is: Oh there's one in the CW area. Well that helps, that area is HUGE. True there are people who do give more detailed instructions, but the thread is so messy it just doesn't seem worth it. I decided this thread would be made by someone anyway, might as well make it now so more people can be helped. I apologize if another such thread was made which I am not aware of. This is for the new Distractions minigame, and more specifically the penguin and star finding.

There are 10 penguins which you can find per week. Each yields a point which can be traded in for 6.5k or xp at Larry (Ardy Zoo). This thread is for TIF'ers who want to post where they found their penguin and in what form. Note Larry will also give vague hints. Ex. The island where brothers quarrel, which are the Fremmenik Isles.

The stars are a mining-based distractions in which players mine away the fallen star for the Star Sprite inside, which yields rewards for Mining. These fall on a 2-hour basis and take quite a while to mine away.

For information can be found here: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... diversions

Thank you InsanityV2:

I volunteer my clan chat to be penguin catching chat.

So, if you're catching penguins, feel free to join my chat to share locations. If we're all in W99 then if someone finds one, then we can all come and spy on it.

CC being Booyo5

NOTE: The penguins DO move, so you should probably post details such as land marks and nearby NPC's.

NOTE: I suppose this topic could also be used for discussion about rewards and theories about how the distractions operate.

NOTE: You can find the location of the Circus by talking to any circus barker. There's one in Ardy, west of the south bank. It is marked on the minimap. The circus is at Seer's this week.

For starting contribution:

1. Fremmenik Isles. I found it in the North West tower of Neitiznot (ground floor). My friend found this one behind the Artic Pine, however, so look around. The penguin is disguised as a rock.

2. I've heard there is one north of the Observatory by the Hill Giants. I am looking, but I cannot find it. Supposably a bush.

3. Also I've heard there's one by the fences as you are going toward Draynor Manor. Bush or rock.

4. Another should be in Brimhaven, someone told me it was by the fruit tree patch, and others said it was deeper in the jungle. I suppose it's in the general area, and it is a bush.

5. There IS one on Moonclan Isle. This is a hint from Larry. Location and disguise unknown to me now.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On world 166 I found one near the Zammy mage at level 5 Wildy. It was hiding as a rock, and it moves alot! It was near edgeville at one point and then further north near the grizzly bears too, not sure where else it wanders to.

Dark_Jab.png

I'm hunting for penguins cuz I'm bored with cutting mages.

My clue was "where banana hoarders reside" or something similar, I can't remember the exact wording. Obviously I thought of Karamja right away so I went looking around and found it on the northern part of Brimhaven.

[hide=Large image]2aaj33b.jpg[/hide]

NOTE: I didn't "spy" on it right away... I took the screenshot first. And in the time it took me to open MS Paint and paste the image in, it was gone #-o So they move pretty far away and fast... but I found it again! ::'

[hide=Another large image]2zp6npk.jpg[/hide]

Found penguin number 2 near the catapult in the Kahzard Battlefield, my hint this time was "I heard there's a penguin south of Ardougne"

[hide=Another large image]2qchw7k.jpg[/hide]

Found penguin number 3 just southwest of the Astral altar, my clue was "There's a penguin on a large crescent shaped island"

[hide=Another large image]1zqvf5h.jpg[/hide]

Penguin number 4 found! This one was near the general store in Port Phasmatys, and the clue was "there's a penguin where ghosts reside" OR "there's a penguin where bloodsuckers rule"

[hide=Another large image]20r0hgy.jpg[/hide]

Found another one! I found him just north of the fire altar right next to the Chasm Mine, clue was "there's a penguin in the northern desert"

[hide=Another large image]315mq0g.jpg[/hide]

Sixth one was near the entrance to the Bandit Camp, my clue was "there's a penguin in the wilderness". I've seen this penguin as far south as level 3 wildy, just north of the Black Knight fortress.

[hide=Another large image]1euxxh.jpg[/hide]

My 7th one was in Draynor Manor, near the north wall. The clue that led me to it was "there's a penguin in the kingdom of Misthalin". This penguin can wander very far, all the way into Varrock and even to the dig site, apparently.

[hide=Another large image]akfl9i.jpg[/hide]

Number 8! This one was on Neitiznot near the shouting guard towers. I forget what the clue was, but it was something about brothers quarreling.

[hide=Yet another large image]1zfhct4.jpg[/hide]

Penguin #9! This one was wandering around just south of the heroes guild, the clue that led me here said "there's a penguin where the imperial guard train".

[hide=Guess what!]2n1anvb.jpg[/hide]

Unknown clues

"there's a penguin in a land where bloodsuckers rule" OR "there's a penguin where ghosts reside"

(I think the penguin in Port Phasmatys is the "ghosts reside" clue, so that means the "bloodsuckers" clue is still unknown to me)

"there's a penguin on a mountain of wolves"

(This clue would seem to be fairly straight-forward, but I still can't find that darn thing :wall: )

"there's a penguin located in the kingdom of Asgarnia"

(I've heard that there's a penguin near the Ice Mountain, but I can't find it)

There's one penguin bush in Ardougne, just north of the zoo...wandering near the bridge to the castle...at least at the moment...

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Yes, they disappear for some reason. My friend found one north of Ardy Castle, but it disappeared....

Great idea,

Are these locations worlds specific or are they in the same place in all worlds?

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I've just spied on a penguin disguised as a rock in Al-Kadrid kebab shop. It seems to wander a lot in the area.

I volunteer my clan chat to be penguin catching chat.

So, if you're catching penguins, feel free to join my chat to share locations. If we're all in W99 then if someone finds one, then we can all come and spy on it.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Maybe if we build on points it might become worth it?

I'm personally not hunting either, but I go get one if it's spotted.

There is one in Port Phasmatys right now, around the bank.

[gone now]

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!