Pure Stupidity....

No_99_Melee

Most of the pkers I own all have terrible names. One was not my fault, (it was a 50 magic pure I bought for $3 from my friend who wanted a coke) and a few were because I needed names with the name of the clan in it and didn't have much choice but to substitute numbers. (was a requirement for some clans in early classic)

I did have a set of awesome pker names in classic, but I can't use them today because they are deemed offensive. (They weren't the stupid immature names people make, it was a set of original well named accounts)

Well, there was that time when I saw some guys called n0_99_melee, no_99_m3l33, and n0_3_ranged arguing in one spot.

If only the thread author had show up.

(This seriously happened- I WAS on world 99, so i'm not sure if it was coincidence.)

Are you being sarcastic? None of those names are taken.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice topic title.

Maybe I have to make a topic called 'Main ignorance...' explaining how people like you exceedingly generalize 1 pure's intelligence to apply to every single pure there is. I agree that MANY names are stupid, I'm even saying that yours and mine are also quite stupid (yours doesn't make sense and looks ugly and mine has numbers in the place of letters), but I'm not just seeing 'purestr99pwn0r' repeated 20 thousand times, it's names like:

Legolas202309843208

Zezima109838408

That really show up over and over and over and over again (do I make a topic called 'Main Stupidity...' because of that now?)

And the funniest thing I've seen in terms of names is this (the person was a main btw!):

Kids R4nges: "Buying power ammy----kids ranqe"

It's obviously because names like that are so cool.

Yeaaaaaah! :roll:

Rofl, you would think they'd take more time making their names, especially ones with item names in them or spells/arrows whatever, because we all know something better will come out eventually.

I've never really understood names like that =/ Especially when there were low level stakers with names like that. I mean, wouldn't they want to keep their stat types secret? The names just look messy too

When I made a pure, I just named it Cottages, because it looks normal

Pooned Ftw is ownage.

(My noob pure, haha........)

I also have a Pure, which is also a Skiller Called News_For_You.

Both arn't really serious pures, just low lvl crater pures I made for fun :)

And the main question- I don't know, I wonder if they noticed how the more famous pkers have more original names?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

A lot of the pure names annoy me, but some of them you have to love. My 2 favorites are 00 spec aww and i sell herbs. Basically, if they're really trying to intimidate people or sound cool by making a name like "sendu2lumb," that's when it gets ridiculous.

All I will say is.....Winner5555.....Not only are some pure names stupid...

AussiePride-1.jpg

~>St Jonno<~

Sadly it's a byproduct of the ridiculous amount of abandonded RS accounts, and Jagex seemingly doing nothing about letting people change their usernames (seriously, how many years have they been saying they are working on a way to let people change their username when you e-mail them?).

Pkers generally want a name that will intimidate everyone, skillers want a unqiue or funny name to stand out from the crowd, and main accounts usually have a bunch of numbers due to the person just wanting to play the game, instead of having to spend hours finding a good name that isn't being blocked up by an unused account from 2004.

Personally I detest my main name so much that I refuse to give it out unless it's absolutely necessary, I just got so fed up of finding a decent name and started slapping random numbers at the end in the vain hope that I could actually just start playing the game instead of staring at the name creation menu. Chances are, a lot of Pkers have added numbers the same as other people so they can just into the game.

blazesigbq9.jpg

Back in rsc when you saw someone had a name that indicated they were a pure, you'd be more careful because you would think they could KO within one round, Sadly there's no 3 round rule anymore. Since then it's just continued even though runescape has changed.

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

When I started my account on RS I was not aware that I would never be able to change it. It took me a while to find a name that was accepted so I gave up and now have a name I do not like at all.

I really do not mind any other peoples names but I love to see players main accounts called for example poopeater, fartbag but the most memorable was a female character called "nicebewbs".

PS UPTHEBANNER (A reference to the county in which I live is not my real rs name).

Edit - I also have a little smile whenever you meet a skiller called 99minepure or similar and then have to blush and tell you their mining level is actually 24. (Yes I know they have to start at 1 like everyone but it still makes me smile)

My main account is called Darkalien317, coined when I was a wee lad at eleven years of age.

Talk about crappy names for a main, eh?

Anyway, I think most people have bad names for their accounts, main and otherwise.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I have a few pures, I tried to be different with their names.

Reasonisdead is my PKer.

I Insanity is my level 3 skiller, it really should be I, Insanity, but you can't put commas in names.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

you've double posted 3 times in this one thread :wall: :wall:

Moderator Edit In the future, try to contribute to the topic rather than posting useless posts like these. If you want to let someone know they double-posted, it's best to just PM them. ~ForsakenMage

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

My name is simple and has no numbers. Shows how long I've been playing :thumbsup:.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

This thread just lost all it's imporance, now your just flaming every pure name.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

This thread just lost all it's imporance, now your just flaming every pure name.

Well tbh, most pures names do suck badly.

"Ipkjou344" is just un origional and awful, and i'm sure everyone will agree.

"3___Hit___U" well...it's better than Ipkjou909 or w/e, but it's well...my personal reason for hating this name is because it uses bad grammar.

Well tbh, most pures names do suck badly.

"Ipkjou344" is just un origional and awful, and i'm sure everyone will agree.

"3___Hit___U" well...it's better than Ipkjou909 or w/e, but it's well...my personal reason for hating this name is because it uses bad grammar.

Your hating the name that badly, it just another name. At least their trying to distinqush themselves and make people aware their pkers. Your not liking their names doesn't matter, your just using it as a excuse to vent your anger out on actual pures.

I'm sure 3 HIT U is soooooo offensive to you but OH WAIT hes a famous pker. no it must be the name.

Be made at Kids Ranqe too, he couldn't spell RANGE, be mad be very mad.

God this thread is just stupid

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.