RuneScape formulas revealed!

Jard_Y_Dooku

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Combat Formula is much different to mine as my Ranger/Mager class values are 0.483.

However, mine has still not been wrong yet (it's used in sigs).

Also, you have your Attack/Strength set as one value (0.325) which means if they make an Attack Pure with no (or low-ish) Strength the Combat output would be wrong, you have to give each of them a value as their numbers are different, although it's very good work.

Your Max Hit Formula is totally different to mine, the "AGS" for an example:

I hit a 70 on a Waterfiend the other day (couldn't believe my eyes) I only had 162 Str bonus and was using Super Strength Potion and Ultimate Strength, which means all max hit formulas (including my own) where set wrong for the AGS.

Dragon Longsword - I've had 115 Strength Bonus (ultimate str and super str pot used) and I've hit a 52 before, my calculator outputs a 53 (im sure I could hit that if I kept trying) but the closest on your set of outputs is RuneUniverse's with 49 which is way out.

Nice combination of formulas though, good work.

Your Combat Formula is much different to mine as my Ranger/Mager class values are 0.483.

However, mine has still not been wrong yet (it's used in sigs).

Also, you have your Attack/Strength set as one value (0.325) which means if they make an Attack Pure with no (or low-ish) Strength the Combat output would be wrong, you have to give each of them a value as their numbers are different, although it's very good work.

The "Maxwaterman" formula IS correct which is why it is widely used and accepted... I don't know where you got the concept of attack and strength having different values, because they certainly don't. Please post your formula, because I'm sure I can prove it wrong.

Your Max Hit Formula is totally different to mine, the "AGS" for an example:

I hit a 70 on a Waterfiend the other day (couldn't believe my eyes) I only had 162 Str bonus and was using Super Strength Potion and Ultimate Strength, which means all max hit formulas (including my own) where set wrong for the AGS.

Dragon Longsword - I've had 115 Strength Bonus (ultimate str and super str pot used) and I've hit a 52 before, my calculator outputs a 53 (im sure I could hit that if I kept trying) but the closest on your set of outputs is RuneUniverse's with 49 which is way out.

Mmm, data. Thanks. I hit a 73 in the duel arena with AGS, non-max strength bonus, super strength and piety.

Nice combination of formulas though, good work. Thanks. Nice website.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Bah, I can't make out the simple math behind all this ughly code jibberish.

Can you answer this simple question?

Given the following equation

Max Hit = X * STR + Y * WEP + C

where, x, y are weighting factors

and where c is an arbitrary constant (may be 0)

and STR is the current character strength and WEP is the strength assigned from gear in the equipment screen, and Max hit is self explainitory.

Is X>Y? or X

In english, which means more, strength on character or strength on gear?

Also, prayer is factored into X? or Y? or both?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Very nicely explained except one major and gigantic fault in your work.

The runescape classical combat formula never ever included mage or range.

In RSC only attack str def hp and prayer effected your combat.

It wasn't until RS2 that your combat could base itself on mage range or melee

No. Mage and range count in combat formulas if they are much higher than your other stats. Otherwise if you had a character with level 10s on all melees and 99 magic, it would be extremely low level, which would be dumb since the 99 magic (or range) would be extremely powerful.

No. Mage and range count in combat formulas if they are much higher than your other stats. Otherwise if you had a character with level 10s on all melees and 99 magic, it would be extremely low level, which would be dumb since the 99 magic (or range) would be extremely powerful.

It does NOW

I'm talking about his runescape classic formula though.

In runescape classic mage and range DID NOT count in combat level and it was wholey possible to have lvl 3 with 99 mage and/or 99 range

One of the big hyped features of RS2 was the fact that combat now included mage and range within your level

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[*]Where did the numbers 0.00175, 0.1 and 1.05, from the RSC formula, originate? And should we use them?

I can definitely give you a little help with this question, and probably a few others as well. The short answer to the question above was that I simply made the numbers up. I wrote the base formula that everyone uses, back in November of 2002. Back then, I was interested in maximizing my damage, and knew what I could hit at what parameters, and started asking others what they could hit as well. With that data, I basically figured out what numbers I would have to use to make it work.

Back in classic, it was much more simple to figure out, without specials and all the other unique bonuses they added. I was able to get the base formula to within 1 damage point, and since then as they have updated stuff I have been able to figure out what they did and add it into the formula. As an example, I did a lot of work with I D R when the special attacks came out with RS2 to find out what people's maxes were with each special, and having the basic formula, was able to calculate the bonuses for each special. The max hit formula in classic is exactly the same as it is in RS2, just that RS2 has a lot more enhancements and bonuses than the original.

One of my major limitations is something that you have pointed out, I never had an accurate formula for the potion boost. I used the best approximation that I could find. Elfio was working concurrently with me on his own version of a max hit formula (in 2002/2003) and he claimed he had an accurate potion formula, but he left the game before I was able to see it or ask him for it. I believe the reason we asked for the base strength and not the potted strength was because some of the calculation was done based off of your base level, and entering your potted strength would have skewed the results.

I'll see if I can find my notes from back then, because I think I still have them shoved in a drawer somewhere, and see if that can refresh my memory on the subject further. I really haven't been playing much lately, and I have sort of lost touch with all the newer stuff like keris and the obsidian necklace stuff.

Something a little easier to understand, for those who don't want to dig through all the code:

((Strength*Potion)+(Strength*Prayer)+Style)*((WP*0.00175)+0.1)+1.05

The formula I created in 2002 for classic. Still works for rs2, if you just add special attacks, which don't really change the formula at all, they appear to simply be bonuses to weapon strength. Basically, it's just your strength level including all potions, prayer, and attack style, multiplied by a modified weapon strength.

As an example, let's say I'm 99 strength, using a dragon long with super potions, ultimate strength prayer, aggressive style, and the maximum weapon strength, 88 and the addition of the special attack bonus of 30. [(118)+(99*.15)+3]*[(118*0.00175)+.1]+1.05=[135.85]*[0.3065]+1.05=42.688025, and 43 is the max hit with the dragon long under those conditions.

Boy_Wonder_1.png

Wow, Golvellius and Boy Wonder! Two famous pioneers of max hits.

Bah, I can't make out the simple math behind all this ughly code jibberish.

Can you answer this simple question?

Given the following equation

Max Hit = X * STR + Y * WEP + C

where, x, y are weighting factors

and where c is an arbitrary constant (may be 0)

and STR is the current character strength and WEP is the strength assigned from gear in the equipment screen, and Max hit is self explainitory.

Is X>Y? or X

In english, which means more, strength on character or strength on gear?

Also, prayer is factored into X? or Y? or both?

I don't quite understand what you're saying, Golv... but are you asking whether your strength level or equipment bonus matters more in the determination of max hit? If so, it would be strength level.

[*]Where did the numbers 0.00175, 0.1 and 1.05, from the RSC formula, originate? And should we use them?

I can definitely give you a little help with this question, and probably a few others as well. The short answer to the question above was that I simply made the numbers up. I wrote the base formula that everyone uses, back in November of 2002. Back then, I was interested in maximizing my damage, and knew what I could hit at what parameters, and started asking others what they could hit as well. With that data, I basically figured out what numbers I would have to use to make it work.

Back in classic, it was much more simple to figure out, without specials and all the other unique bonuses they added. I was able to get the base formula to within 1 damage point, and since then as they have updated stuff I have been able to figure out what they did and add it into the formula. As an example, I did a lot of work with I D R when the special attacks came out with RS2 to find out what people's maxes were with each special, and having the basic formula, was able to calculate the bonuses for each special. The max hit formula in classic is exactly the same as it is in RS2, just that RS2 has a lot more enhancements and bonuses than the original.

One of my major limitations is something that you have pointed out, I never had an accurate formula for the potion boost. I used the best approximation that I could find. Elfio was working concurrently with me on his own version of a max hit formula (in 2002/2003) and he claimed he had an accurate potion formula, but he left the game before I was able to see it or ask him for it. I believe the reason we asked for the base strength and not the potted strength was because some of the calculation was done based off of your base level, and entering your potted strength would have skewed the results.

I'll see if I can find my notes from back then, because I think I still have them shoved in a drawer somewhere, and see if that can refresh my memory on the subject further. I really haven't been playing much lately, and I have sort of lost touch with all the newer stuff like keris and the obsidian necklace stuff.

Something a little easier to understand, for those who don't want to dig through all the code:

((Strength*Potion)+(Strength*Prayer)+Style)*((WP*0.00175)+0.1)+1.05

The formula I created in 2002 for classic. Still works for rs2, if you just add special attacks, which don't really change the formula at all, they appear to simply be bonuses to weapon strength. Basically, it's just your strength level including all potions, prayer, and attack style, multiplied by a modified weapon strength.

As an example, let's say I'm 99 strength, using a dragon long with super potions, ultimate strength prayer, aggressive style, and the maximum weapon strength, 88 and the addition of the special attack bonus of 30. [(118)+(99*.15)+3]*[(118*0.00175)+.1]+1.05=[135.85]*[0.3065]+1.05=42.688025, and 43 is the max hit with the dragon long under those conditions.

Thanks for that informative post! Now you are saying you think special attacks add to strength bonus rather than linearly raise your max hit, like the KB suggests? And have you found your 0.00175/0.1/1.05 constants to be very accurate in your formula? Also, what is your take on how Dharoks is factored into max hit?

And I remember I D R's special attacks topic... what ever happened to it?

And if you didn't notice it in my formulas class... the potion formula is revealed. I was trying to figure it out one day (2006 or 2007) and just happened to stumble upon this formula. Sometimes I get these weird bursts of energy and start writing code that turns out to work excellent. Hope you enjoy this. ;)

/**

* Calculates the number of levels a potion will boost or restore a skill at a particular level in that skill.

* @param rangeLow The lowest amount the potion will boost or restore (can be found on KB).

* @param rangeHigh The highest amount the potion will boost or restore (can be found on KB).

* @param level Your level in the skill that the potion affects.

* @return The number of levels the potion will boost or restore in the skill in question.

* @see RuneScape Knowledge Base Herblore Article

*/

public static int potionBoost(int rangeLow, int rangeHigh, int level)

{

int amount = (int)Math.floor((((float)level / 100) * (Math.abs(rangeHigh) - Math.abs(rangeLow))) + (Math.abs(rangeLow) + ((float)level / 100)));

if (rangeLow < 0 && rangeHigh < 0)

{

amount = -amount;

}

return amount;

}

/**

* Calculates the number of levels a potion will boost or restore a skill at a particular level in that skill.

* @param potion The potion you are calculating for.

* @param skill The skill to obtain results for. null for other skill.

* @param level Your level in the skill that the potion affects.

* @return The number of levels the potion will boost or restore in the skill in question.

* @see RuneScape Knowledge Base Herblore Article

*/

public static int potionBoost(SkillPotion potion, CombatSkills skill, int level)

{

return RuneScapeFormulas.potionBoost(potion.getRangeLow(skill), potion.getRangeHigh(skill), level);

}

It does NOW

In runescape classic mage and range DID NOT count in combat level and it was wholey possible to have lvl 3 with 99 mage and/or 99 range

One of the big hyped features of RS2 was the fact that combat now included mage and range within your level

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about... Mage affected your combat in RSC. Where do you think the term pures came from? People would not train any magic and have their hp way above their combat level.

Danightsword.png

Thanks for that informative post! Now you are saying you think special attacks add to strength bonus rather than linearly raise your max hit, like the KB suggests? And have you found your 0.00175/0.1/1.05 constants to be very accurate in your formula? Also, what is your take on how Dharoks is factored into max hit?

For the specials, a lot of it was trial and error in the different parts of the formula. When I tried it as a boost to the weapon power with the dragon long special, I got what I considered to be a 'pretty number' of 30. Other tries got me decimals, and generally the simpler the better. You have to remember that it's people at Jagex putting these numbers into the game, and a person is much more likely to choose an even 30.00 over something like 30.83 or even 37.00. I tried the other weapons as a bonus to weapon power, and all of those turned out to be 'pretty numbers' as well.

For the original numbers (0.00175/0.1/1.05), I never liked those in the formula. The 0.00175 wasn't an exact number, as the decimal seemed to carry on forever. The other two numbers were basically fixes to the original formula to get it to work more precisely. I never liked how it looked because they weren't 'pretty numbers', but I couldn't argue with the results. Initially I was never off by more than one damage point (even with the inaccurate potion calculation), and as the game progressed, all the new additions to the game did nothing but fit nicely within the ugly formula I had initially created. I expected as the maximum weapon power and additional features were increased, it would slowly start to diverge from my formula, but it doesn't seem like it has. I still haven't hit anything over what the formula has told me I would hit, and people do need to remember how rare it is to actually max out with the optimum conditions. In response to the 'pretty number' theory above, my guess was that they had to use ugly numbers to get the initial formula to hit exactly what they intended, so that the damage was fairly reasonable when the game was played. I still don't like it though, and I would be quite pleased if someone came out with a better formula that used nicer numbers.

For the Dharok special, I seem to recall looking at that right when it came out, and the NPC Dharok's actual max seemed to be 19, with double that at 38 with the special. I don't know if that still holds true, or if those were the exact numbers, but I remember it being exactly double. NPC's work the same way that players do in terms of max hit, and for a time when the combat levels of NPCs roughly matched their strength levels I was able to predict their max hits with surprising accuracy. Dharok's hits led me to believe that it was as simple as taking the end result and doubling it (almost). I think my solution to it was to take the end result of the formula, then multiply it by [1+(hp missing/hp level)] if you were wearing the set. I always had a question as to what value to use in the hp level part, because it seems like it would be more fair to always use 99 instead of the player's level if it was under 99 (a player with 71 hp would have a greater advantage than a player with 99 hp if they were both missing 70 hp with the given formula). I was never able to test that though, as I was already 99 hp when the dharok set came out.

Also with the calculation of the actual formula, I noticed a trend with the decimals on the end of the result. If the result was 30.1, I would hit 31 at a ratio of about 1:10 that I would hit a 30. If the result was 30.9, I would hit a 31 at a ratio of about 9:10 that I would hit a 30. Just something fun I noticed, and I don't really know whether it's true or not, because there's no real way to test it.

A question I always had which you may be able to answer now was whether the potted levels were rounded by the system or not. The stats screen would show 118 when super potted, but does the actual result equal something like 118.7836 (arbitrary decimal for the purposes of discussion only), and which number does the formula use to calculate? This leads to the question of whether the stats drain once every set interval, or the decimals count down out of sight with the number in the stats screen changing only when it drops below 118.0000. I think it just uses the whole integer based on the way that potions will all wear off at the same time, but I was never quite sure. Additionally, are you certain the potion formula is level/100, or would level/99 make more sense? I haven't run any of the numbers, so I have no data to go on, but level/99 would seem more logical.

Boy_Wonder_1.png

For the specials, a lot of it was trial and error in the different parts of the formula. When I tried it as a boost to the weapon power with the dragon long special, I got what I considered to be a 'pretty number' of 30. Other tries got me decimals, and generally the simpler the better. You have to remember that it's people at Jagex putting these numbers into the game, and a person is much more likely to choose an even 30.00 over something like 30.83 or even 37.00. I tried the other weapons as a bonus to weapon power, and all of those turned out to be 'pretty numbers' as well.

For the original numbers (0.00175/0.1/1.05), I never liked those in the formula. The 0.00175 wasn't an exact number, as the decimal seemed to carry on forever. The other two numbers were basically fixes to the original formula to get it to work more precisely. I never liked how it looked because they weren't 'pretty numbers', but I couldn't argue with the results. Initially I was never off by more than one damage point (even with the inaccurate potion calculation), and as the game progressed, all the new additions to the game did nothing but fit nicely within the ugly formula I had initially created. I expected as the maximum weapon power and additional features were increased, it would slowly start to diverge from my formula, but it doesn't seem like it has. I still haven't hit anything over what the formula has told me I would hit, and people do need to remember how rare it is to actually max out with the optimum conditions. In response to the 'pretty number' theory above, my guess was that they had to use ugly numbers to get the initial formula to hit exactly what they intended, so that the damage was fairly reasonable when the game was played. I still don't like it though, and I would be quite pleased if someone came out with a better formula that used nicer numbers.

For the Dharok special, I seem to recall looking at that right when it came out, and the NPC Dharok's actual max seemed to be 19, with double that at 38 with the special. I don't know if that still holds true, or if those were the exact numbers, but I remember it being exactly double. NPC's work the same way that players do in terms of max hit, and for a time when the combat levels of NPCs roughly matched their strength levels I was able to predict their max hits with surprising accuracy. Dharok's hits led me to believe that it was as simple as taking the end result and doubling it (almost). I think my solution to it was to take the end result of the formula, then multiply it by [1+(hp missing/hp level)] if you were wearing the set. I always had a question as to what value to use in the hp level part, because it seems like it would be more fair to always use 99 instead of the player's level if it was under 99 (a player with 71 hp would have a greater advantage than a player with 99 hp if they were both missing 70 hp with the given formula). I was never able to test that though, as I was already 99 hp when the dharok set came out.

Also with the calculation of the actual formula, I noticed a trend with the decimals on the end of the result. If the result was 30.1, I would hit 31 at a ratio of about 1:10 that I would hit a 30. If the result was 30.9, I would hit a 31 at a ratio of about 9:10 that I would hit a 30. Just something fun I noticed, and I don't really know whether it's true or not, because there's no real way to test it.

A question I always had which you may be able to answer now was whether the potted levels were rounded by the system or not. The stats screen would show 118 when super potted, but does the actual result equal something like 118.7836 (arbitrary decimal for the purposes of discussion only), and which number does the formula use to calculate? This leads to the question of whether the stats drain once every set interval, or the decimals count down out of sight with the number in the stats screen changing only when it drops below 118.0000. I think it just uses the whole integer based on the way that potions will all wear off at the same time, but I was never quite sure. Additionally, are you certain the potion formula is level/100, or would level/99 make more sense? I haven't run any of the numbers, so I have no data to go on, but level/99 would seem more logical.

For the potions, if it were a decimal, it'd be 118.8. ;)

But, it's extremely likely to be internally an integer, because I know for a fact that ALL potted levels drop at a set interval. For example, drink a super attack potion right after the interval's passed, then drink a super strength potion 50 seconds later. Your attack and strength will drop to 117 at the same time, even though the time at which they were boosted was nearly 60 seconds (the normal interval when potted levels drop).

Also, about the constant 100 in the potion formula, that has nothing to do with level - it's just a number. In fact, if the constant were 99, you would gain 20 levels from a super strength potion at level 99, causing you to have 119/99 strength, which is incorrect. The formula works for ANY level from 1 to n. If you take a look at the KB page (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=1941) you'll notice it says for the stat-boosting potions "X-Y attack/strength/etc levels". I put an extensive amount of research into figuring out the formula, at one point I took prayer potions around and had someone with every level in the skill drink two doses (in case the interval hit right after they drank it) and tell me what it boosted.

Here's the formula again in simpler form. Plug in 99 for level, and 5 for rangeLow, 19 for rangeHigh, it will tell you the amount of strength levels gained from drinking a super strength potion at level 99.

((level / 100) * rangeHigh - rangeLow) + rangeLow + (level / 100)

Also, this can be simplified so that only the variables rangeHigh and level are needed. I'll fix it in my code later when I get a chance.

(level / 100) + (level / 100) * rangeHigh

About about Dharok, the NPC's max hit is 29 at full HP and 58 and 1 HP.

I always had a question as to what value to use in the hp level part, because it seems like it would be more fair to always use 99 instead of the player's level if it was under 99 (a player with 71 hp would have a greater advantage than a player with 99 hp if they were both missing 70 hp with the given formula). I was never able to test that though, as I was already 99 hp when the dharok set came out.

About that, perhaps it's (1 + (currentHP / maxHP))? That way a player with 35/70 HP and one with 49/98 HP would have the same max hit if their strength and all other factors were equal... I think that makes the most sense, but please let me hear your take on it. And there must be something else in addition, because simply (1 + (currentHP / maxHP)) seems to yield far too high a max hit.

It does NOW

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about... Mage affected your combat in RSC. Where do you think the term pures came from? People would not train any magic and have their hp way above their combat level.

Range and mage count in combat formulas in RSC. In fact, magic *always* counts. Range counts only if it is double your hp or otherwise much higher than your other stats. It is not possible to have a level 3 with 99 magic in RSC. *rolls eyes*

It does NOW

Range and mage count in combat formulas in RSC. In fact, magic *always* counts. Range counts only if it is double your hp or otherwise much higher than your other stats. It is not possible to have a level 3 with 99 magic in RSC. *rolls eyes*

Yes, I was meaning to comment on this but forgot. To any others, meili is entirely correct on what he says about the RSC combat formula.

Also, this...

\'POST 1000! \'

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that yesterday was my 3 year anniversary of Tip.It. I joined 3 years 1 day ago. :)

Update: You might notice the code may calculate your combat level to something like 136.000000001. I will look into modifying the code to use the BigDecimal class to fix that problem if I have time this week.

Tip's max hit formula is basically Boy Wonder's formula, with an update for "external" strength modifiers. Thanks for clearing up where the "magic numbers" 0.00175, 0.1 and 1.05 came from. Was wondering that myself.

$max_hit = ((($str_lvl*$poti_select)+($str_lvl*$pray_select)+$styl_select)*(($total_str*0.00175)+0.1)+1.05)*($ext_multiplier);

It is later Math.ceil'd for the final value. $total_str is the total equipment strenght bonus, with special attacks added to it. It'd make sense for a special attack to make the weapon stronger for that one swing instead of simply increasing your maximum hit outside the formula. However, one should keep in mind that the RSKB doesn't really go into detail, and when looking at things from the outside, increasing the weapon's strength or modifying the damage done has the same effect. As you can see, the fighting style bonus is factored in after the potion bonus. The potion-modified strength level being an integer makes sense, although I'm not sure how one would plug it into the current formula. Math.floor (or ceil?) around the potion bit, I'm guessing.

The $ext_multiplier includes things such as the obsidian synergy, the passive damage bonus from the black mask, etcetera; pretty much things you'd expect to multiply the damage done.

As for the Dharok NPC, I suspect he's "rigged". He (used to) hit(s) a solid amount of 29's and 58's (and hardly anything else?), whereas a player wielding his axe will hit random numbers just like with every other weapon. The NPC Dharok seems to have some chance that his strike will "proc" a special effect, causing him to do double damage. I've frequently seen Dharok hit 58's when he wasn't even near 1 hp. When used by players, however, the axe's damage range simply seems to increase as the wielder's hp decreases.

In our max hit calculator, Michael included the Dharok's Axe special as follows:

else if ($dharok_axe != 0){

$total_str = $total_str * (($dharok_axe / 99) + 1);

Where $dharok_axe is the amount of hitpoints lost. As you can see, this does not scale better when the target has < 99 total hp. However, it has also been reported that the resulting maximum hit is (far) too low, so it is most likely incorrect. I'm open to suggestions on this one.

Your "x levels till next combat" code has some merit to it, I guess. It's probably a good idea to keep all levels seperated, but I never really got around to it as the current code seemed sufficiently accurate (and it probably is, with one complaint since we got the summoning stuff right). It also wasn't coded by me and does not contain many comments, which kind of put me off wanting to really understand what it said, and just taking the calculations for granted.

It does NOW

Yes, I was meaning to comment on this but forgot. To any others, meili is entirely correct on what he says about the RSC combat formula.

Also, this...

\'POST 1000! \'

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that yesterday was my 3 year anniversary of Tip.It. I joined 3 years 1 day ago. :)

Seems my memories of such long ago rs have got muddled order wise

There was a time when range and mage did not count but that must of changed b4 rs2 launch not after.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In our max hit calculator, Michael included the Dharok's Axe special as follows:

else if ($dharok_axe != 0){

$total_str = $total_str * (($dharok_axe / 99) + 1);

Where $dharok_axe is the amount of hitpoints lost. As you can see, this does not scale better when the target has < 99 total hp. However, it has also been reported that the resulting maximum hit is (far) too low, so it is most likely incorrect. I'm open to suggestions on this one.

Not 100% on how the coding works or if I'm understanding it correctly, but it seems like that calculation increases the player's strength level, not the end result. My adjustment for dharok was to take the final result of the calculation as if there were no dharok special, then multiply it by the (x/99)+1 number. I don't know if it falls in the "$ext_multiplier" section, but I think it should. From what I can understand of what you said, it appears like it currently increases the strength level prior to the calculation of the damage.

Boy_Wonder_1.png

$total_strength is in fact the total strength bonus provided by the equipment. I'll try putting the Dharok bonus "around" the max hit calculation, so to speak. Thanks for your input :)

Edit: bit of testing done. I'm using the following base stats: 99 Strength, Aggresive, Super Strength Potion (Axe, Fire Cape, Barrow Gloves, Zerker Ring, Dragon Boots), Piety prayer, 129 total strength bonus, and a Salve Amulet (e) fighting undeads.

Below I'll list the thing I chose to modify with the Dharok modifier and it's accompanying max hit:

Total (equipment) Strength Bonus: 95

Strength Level: 114

Output damage: 115

During calculations, the assumption is made that the Strength modifier from the Salve Amulet (e) is applied before any calculations are made. (That is to say, it affects your base strength)

As you can see, strength level and output damage are quite close. The equipment bonus is obviously on the low side. Now I find myself wondering what people have hit in-game under (or near) these circumstances...

$total_strength is in fact the total strength bonus provided by the equipment. I'll try putting the Dharok bonus "around" the max hit calculation, so to speak. Thanks for your input :)

Edit: bit of testing done. I'm using the following base stats: 99 Strength, Aggresive, Super Strength Potion (Axe, Fire Cape, Barrow Gloves, Zerker Ring, Dragon Boots), Piety prayer, 129 total strength bonus, and a Salve Amulet (e) fighting undeads.

Below I'll list the thing I chose to modify with the Dharok modifier and it's accompanying max hit:

Total (equipment) Strength Bonus: 95

Strength Level: 114

Output damage: 115

During calculations, the assumption is made that the Strength modifier from the Salve Amulet (e) is applied before any calculations are made. (That is to say, it affects your base strength)

As you can see, strength level and output damage are quite close. The equipment bonus is obviously on the low side. Now I find myself wondering what people have hit in-game under (or near) these circumstances...

Max pics I've ever seen ingame were 110. Same situation, fire cape, salve (e) in effect, piety, zerker, full dharoks.) They're on these forums somewhere.

Perhaps you could try putting the salve modifier on afterwards instead of before?

(Note: I have no knowledge of coding, lol)

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Now I find myself wondering what people have hit in-game under (or near) these circumstances...

I remember seeing the pic of the 110 being hit on the shades as well, but I searched and couldn't find the topic. That may have also been done before the addition of the last few bonuses (not sure if piety or the salve ammy (e) was out yet).

I believe you're calculating the salve ammy bonuses correctly, but I was always unsure of how it related to the other bonuses (specifically potions and prayer). Is the 15%/20% bonus applied to the potted 118 or the base level 99? Does prayer such as piety increase the 118/99, or 118/99+20%? There are a variety of different ways that it could actually be calculated, but I think the way you're using it now is correct, because it makes more logical sense from a programming standpoint to do it that way, and because the final results seem to come out better that way.

It's also important to remember how rare it is to max out, especially under optimum conditions. There is a very small window for your strength to be potted to 118, your hp to be at 1, your prayer to be full, and the undead monster you are fighting to have more than enough hp.

Even then, you have to be lucky enough for dharok's special to activate, and there's no guarantee that when it does, it will be for the full bonus. I sometimes do my slayer tasks with Dharok at low hp, and I know what my max should be with the setup I use, and I rarely even come near to getting the full effect of Dharok's special when the special does activate. Unlike the way that the NPC seems to behave, it's not an all or nothing special for players; it generally falls somewhere between 100% and 200%, with the full 200% being fairly rare.

A lot of things need to go right all at once to max out under those conditions you listed, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if nobody has ever hit the maximum possible in the game yet.

Boy_Wonder_1.png