Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...

Leoo

I find one of my cousins mildly attractive, and shes the kind of girl that I would date. So [bleep]ing weird on so many levels. [bleep] me.

Not really weird actually. The mechanisim that keeps you from being attracted to your own family relies on repeated proximity during a specific age range. If someone isn't around enough during that time, they are never established as off limits. The assumption your body makes is that the people you shouldn't procreate with are a major part of your life, and it tends to work quite well, though it can fail if you don't say, see your cousin that often.

From a genetic stand point, procreation with first counsins isn't typically a problem, as long as it doesn't happen over successive generations.

I haven't told any of the student nurses that I used to be in medical school, even my friends on the course. I didn't tell anyone about my past experience when I worked as a carer either. When they realise that I seem to know more than I should do about clinical examinations, A+P and pharmacology, I lie and tell them I did a year in a Biomedical Sciences degree. It's not that I'm ashamed of leaving med school, because it was the right decision and I'm sure I could justify it if people knew. It's more that the few people I have told responded with a face of complete incredulity, and I'd rather not have to repeat a fairly long-winded explanation of the reasons why I left to everyone I'll ever meet in life.

On a school-related note, I failed AP History miserably in high school. I'm now applying for History graduate studies at 10 different universities across the nation and received the largest History scholarship the department offers to undergraduates. I never tell anyone I failed AP History.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Confession: I am the Good Guy Greg around here... People randomly come to me with their problems now, and I get to hear anything. I know more than I'd like to. Well, one good effect is that I get invited to parties and such, as I worry about whether people arriving safely home and I am of legal age for practically anything here, but still gets a bit annoying at times.

EDIT: In around here I meant around the city.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Regret: I've developed a bad habit. For some reason i stopped eating as much as i should. I often only eat once a day, sometimes i go the whole day without eating simply because i'm either so caught up with studies/flying that i either forget or just can't be bothered to eat. Along with this i have a terrible sleeping pattern. I go to bed in the early mornings, sometimes as late as 10 am, and sleep for a few hours then repeat my routine. My average amount of sleep has probably gone down to 3 or 4 hours a day now. I feel extremely productive but i think it's just a false sense of euphoria because of my sleep deprivation. I am driving myself to a melt down and i'm not sure how to change it at the moment. I feel like i have so much on my plate right now that i'm scared to waste too much time on sleeping.

And i guess this is kind of a regret and a confession: I don't believe in myself as much as i should. It's been holding me back a lot the past few months. I've been doing pretty good with my Flight Training but because i lack the self-confidence i should have, i often second guess myself in terms of being ready for either a written exam or a flying exam and i'll postpone them until i feel 100% comfortable (although in reality i would have been ready weeks before i actually decide to take it).

It scares me a bit because the biggest part of being a good pilot is being confident in your skills, and i lack that at the moment. Even though deep inside i know i am a good pilot.

If there's anybody I would want making sure he's 100% comfortable before doing his job, it's a pilot. ;)

Don't worry, confidence will come with experience and repetition. Focus on doing it not only properly, but the same way every time and it will become automatic. When you no longer have to think about most of what you do, you'll be a lot more sure of yourself. I had the same problem the first couple of years I did my job as well, even though I was better at it than most everyone around me. Now I'm a cocky sob. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That's the problem i find. It seems that everyone at school is drying to make force you to think that you're a better pilot than everyone else whilst still being modest about it. It's hard to explain, really. I mean i'm extremely comfortable when i fly, and i know that when i do something it's according to the rules and regulations and i'm sometimes overly cautious when it comes down to tough decisions. I guess it's just the fact that you're always under a watchful eye that makes me want to go beyond perfection.

I know these things will come with more experience, it's just a matter of time haha.

As for advice, you would probably have more time (and confidence) if you didn't wait on your exams. By putting an exam off for multiple weeks, you force yourself to worry about the stuff on the exam, plus current material.

Plus, if you feel like you're going to do badly, and you surprise yourself and do well, that builds confidence. It assures you that you know what you're doing even when you don't feel like you do.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Beyblades were awesome. I joined a Beyblade club in high school and one lunchtime per week we'd go and battle it out. I had that green one with the metal ball bearings.

• Like 2

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

My oldest is into Bayblades. We sometimes battle when he comes over on weekends.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I remember when I wanted to get up at 6:00 in the morning to watch the Beyblade anime and my dad wouldn't let me. I got really angry at him for a while after that.

• 4 weeks later...

No one knows I play Runescape, not sure why I am embarassed to say it. :shock: It is just a game, although I am 24 years of age and have been part of this community since 2004.

Me too. I've just turned 25, been playing since about 2004 and literally no one knows.

Why is RuneScape so embarrassing to play? I have never seen a game get cussed so much as RuneScape. You say you like to play Club Penguin and RuneScape and you'll get away with the former but the latter will get you hatemail.

A little secret: I use High School Musical bookmarks because I have no others and am not willing to buy/make one. I accidently left my Troy Bolton one in a library book I've just returned so someone is going to get a surprise when they take out that crime novel. That was my favourite.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

No one knows I play Runescape, not sure why I am embarassed to say it. :shock: It is just a game, although I am 24 years of age and have been part of this community since 2004.

Me too. I've just turned 25, been playing since about 2004 and literally no one knows.

Lol, I'm 25 too and only my brothers know I play Rs. Actually hadn't played in years and I've recently started playing it again, there's not that much of the old rs left in it.

Why is RuneScape so embarrassing to play? I have never seen a game get cussed so much as RuneScape. You say you like to play Club Penguin and RuneScape and you'll get away with the former but the latter will get you hatemail.

A little secret: I use High School Musical bookmarks because I have no others and am not willing to buy/make one. I accidently left my Troy Bolton one in a library book I've just returned so someone is going to get a surprise when they take out that crime novel. That was my favourite.

My (female) friend once borrowed a book from me, and when I got it back, there was a generic-style thank you note in it as a bookmark, written to another (female) friend. The only thing checkmarked was "Thank you for: a good time last night. (wink-face)"

I then endeavored to lend out more books so I can get interesting bookmarks back. I have not, however, had any of those books returned. :/

I dunno why, but I've never seen people ashamed of playing runescape, at least not where I live, hell I don't even recall people fitting the typical "rs nerd" stereotype, least not in person. I've been playing this game since I was 13 (2001) and I'm 24 now... All the people I know in person that play runescape are in the very least fit, and are far from any of these stereotypes, but then again, even schools are different here, the whole concept of bullying and such doesn't exist in our schools, if anything, kids with the lastest games were treated better.

Wanna know what's even funnier? I re-met my fiancee thanks to runescape. To make the story short, I met her 3 times before realizing she was the same girl, over knowing her on runescape, turns out she lived 5 min away from me. And the guy who introduced her to me on rs (more like re-introduce) is now one of my best business partners.

Guess that also counts as a confession haha.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'm slowly beginning to realize what I want in life. I'm beginning to understand that I want someone who will be a best friend first, and a girlfriend second. I will allow college to be my new beginning.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

• 2 months later...

I'm slowly beginning to realize what I want in life. I'm beginning to understand that I want someone who will be a best friend first, and a girlfriend second. I will allow college to be my new beginning.

Wow I've evolved for sure since this last post.

I secretly don't mind One Direction.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

• 1 month later...