Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...

Leoo

Silly stupid RPG, hate to say we told you so.

Moments like this make me really happy that I don't live in the States, least we have free STD checks for absolutely anyone. In fact, you actually get free condoms and stuff when you go check for that stuff.

Eh, I knew the risk. And I suppose my phrasing was more powerful than I intended. It's not that I have a strong chance but more a very realistic one. 

And even if I do have it, there's a fair probability I won't ever feel a real difference

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

And even if I do have it, there's a fair probability I won't ever feel a real difference

Here's to hoping.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Well, living in Estonia ain't THAT bad. Them ruskies aren't coming after all. At least yet.

And if you were a foreigner here... GOD DAMN how easy it would be to catch hot chicks. Seen it first-hand.

I am 90% sure we have better internet connections everywhere (AND cheaper), and we have a ridiculously easy tax system so that everyone can file their own taxes within 3 minutes.

Plus we have the e-government system. Way better than anyone else in the world has. Practically everything can be done with an ID card online.

Booze is cheaper and chicks are hotter.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

But then we'd have to live somewhat near you. That's the real problem.

jk

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Well, if you use it in the American reference, then you practically can't live further than 200 miles from me :D

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Nickelback ain't all bad. Some songs are even, I know I will burn in hell for it, but pretty ok.

We used to sing Rockstar in recesses back in like 7th-8th grade...

And Far Away is always pretty OK.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

The problem with Nickelback isn't that they're bad. They specifically use techniques that are meant to sound good to the general audience. Every song is made of a typical pop chord progression (played with power chords too), a simple rhyme scheme, and 4/4 time. There's no attempt to create awesome music, just to manufacture sales. Compare their body of work to any real artist and you'll see what I mean.

Also, the kinds of people who like Nickelback are unimaginative and have no desire to listen to anything better than mediocre. If they did care about good music, they wouldn't be listening to Nickelback.

The problem with Nickelback isn't that they're bad. They specifically use techniques that are meant to sound good to the general audience. Every song is made of a typical pop chord progression (played with power chords too), a simple rhyme scheme, and 4/4 time. There's no attempt to create awesome music, just to manufacture sales. Compare their body of work to any real artist and you'll see what I mean.

Also, the kinds of people who like Nickelback are unimaginative and have no desire to listen to anything better than mediocre. If they did care about good music, they wouldn't be listening to Nickelback.

I agree with the first part of your post, the second part, not so much. Most people don't have a background in music so you can't really blame them for not being able to appreciate more "talented" artists. Basically anything you hear on the radio was written with the lowest common denominator in mind. I'd like to give those artists the benefit of the doubt-- that they just want to become successful and provide music which the masses can enjoy. There's nothing wrong with that. Almost all of my friends listen to music like that.

I have a feeling that if I never had a background in music prior to listening to Dream Theater, I'd never be able to appreciate them as much as I do today. And at the same time, none of my friends like Dream Theater as much as I do (if at all), and those are the same friends who have never played a musical instrument or studied music theory :P

So in other words, there's nothing wrong with liking Nickelback or Creed or Justin Bieber. It doesn't make you a bad person or anything. Those artists are so popular simply because so many people cannot detect the "simplicity" of that music, and therefore, they don't get bored of that kind of music like a "musician" would.

77yLQy8.png

If you hate Nickelback, then you should hate pretty much everyone on Billboard Top 100.

Pretty much all is simply made to capture masses just like Nickelback.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I actually quite like a good chunk of Nickelback's work. But according to a previous post, that was why those songs were designed. Can't hate success that hard without looking pretentious right?

It's not hating success as much as it is hating mediocrity. It's like saying that McDonald's is bad food. Maybe it's legitimately bad, but people have low standards so they eat there. As far as I'm concerned, that's not being pretentious.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that if I never had a background in music prior to listening to Dream Theater, I'd never be able to appreciate them as much as I do today. And at the same time, none of my friends like Dream Theater as much as I do (if at all), and those are the same friends who have never played a musical instrument or studied music theory :P

If not for your Fight Caves guide, I would never have listened to Dream Theater and eventually gotten into prog rock/metal. Thanks.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

That's just the way our culture is unfortunately. Ever notice how Japanese music (like video game music/soundtracks) tends to be very complex? I'm sure a lot of you have played Mario Kart 64, for example... After finishing a race, the theme is in 11/8 time o.O

Side note: I have a weird obsession with trying to figure out time signatures of the music I listen to lol

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Glad theres actually evidence supporting the idea all Nickelback songs sound the same. I feel they were trying to market Nirvana's image and basically staple generic all over it

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I was at a wal-mart with my mom years ago and there was a subway inside.  I only had a $100 and received $129 + the sub, when back into the wal-mart and ate the sub i was paid to eat.  I bought much more stuff then i was gonna rofl

ZeroSiggy01.jpg

Unreal Tournament player also

I wish I had so much stuff to eat...

I mean, I am not underweight anymore, but as long as I do plan on playing basketball even in the minusculest level some more weight would be good.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

My housemate got a Pokemon FireRed emulator on his phone and I'm having to try so hard not to demonstrate the socially unacceptable level of knowledge I have about the games. I know their names, the levels they evolve, the types, the type chart, where Pokemon can be found, where TMs are, what moves they learn, the gym leaders Pokemon and what moves they know, base stats and the best place to grind EVs.

He told me his Metapod evolved into Beedrill and I had to bite my lip really hard so I didn't correct him. <_<

What's worse is two of my other housemates know I bought Pokemon Black and they can see the anguish on my face as I'm doing this.

The day you explode in nerd rage needs to be videotaped haha

I honestly don't think I could keep it in after someone said a metapod evolved into a beedrill

Do it Ginger. Let him have it. Not knowing what Metapod evolves into is socially unacceptable for a male in his twenties.

EDIT: Found an appropriate video.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't know that.

Then again, I have never really played Pokemon.

Please don't eat me alive.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc