A better way to slay Dagannoths! ~Revamped!~

Lord_Shalaj

this thread was very intrigueing(sp?), it does seem that CT dagganoths are better than the lighthouse ones unless you are in a race for 99 slayer. but i have one question, is it possible to use chinchompas in the CT with any efficiency? i haven't been there nor have i used chinchompas, but if they don't have incredible range def then it may be possible to effectively chin there.

i'd like anyone's input on this as i don't have time today to try it out. i might go there tomorrow though if i have time

While they tend to crowd around you, you don't have enough control of them to be able to chin effectively. With d2h specs, you could probably hit about 5-6 at once. Anymore than that would be lucky. I don't think chinning would be effective, but I'm just basing that on observation of their movements. You could try it out and get back to us.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can use a smoke devil, CT dagannoths all the way. Zero question about it.

Quick approximate math:

192 dagannoth

Spent:

3 prayer potions (24k)

1k smoke devil scrolls (177k)

Total: 200k

Gained:

100k in stuff (hides, gear)

48k in alchs

44 crimson

A few greens

A few blues

Total: 148k

Result:

Task completed in 25 minutes

Approximately 50k loss

Nice guide, lol, I wasn't paying enough attention, so I died, lost 400k, not too bad. It's not too hard to get back on time, but I couldn't pick up my armour in time, to much junk in my inventory.

You should mention that they retreat, it can get really annoying, but if you make them crowd around each other, it can fix it, they can't move through each other.

Also, Smoke Devil = FTW, but you use LOTS of scrolls.

Once they become unaggressive, you can tank them easily. I was doing fine in proselyte, but they do have some high hits, you just have to pay attention and it's riskier.

Nice guide overall, but you should really remove the part about them being cannonable, as many people have mentioned. :ugeek:

Leman.png

Just pointing out your route through the Ct is bad, it starts fine, but you can go north straight from earth warriors/bronzes to the daggs, no need to go around the 4 other rooms.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It would be awesome to see what inventory you train in or what you recommend. I'm doing this in Proselyte, but I'm not sure if it's the most efficient! =o

Wow, nevermind. I totally missed that one line at the end. Thanks! =]

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

Just pointing out your route through the Ct is bad, it starts fine, but you can go north straight from earth warriors/bronzes to the daggs, no need to go around the 4 other rooms.

It's been mentioned, I just provided the route that would be open to all as some routes open after Bork mini-quest.

To the others, glad I could help :)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

It's been mentioned, I just provided the route that would be open to all as some routes open after Bork mini-quest.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Any chance you can update the guide with setup images, alternative gear, etc.

Its a really nice place to train/charm collect, but the guide could do with a bit more information.

PS. I found that zammy brews are great here (half the prayer points of a prayer pot, but super attack boost and a strength boost)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Any chance you can update the guide with setup images, alternative gear, etc.

Its a really nice place to train/charm collect, but the guide could do with a bit more information.

PS. I found that zammy brews are great here (half the prayer points of a prayer pot, but super attack boost and a strength boost)

I could indeed, which I was planning to do a few weeks after the release of the guide before I was swarmed with how CT dagannoths are not as good as they look. I'll get back to my previous goal and maybe change the route as it is annoying everyone.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj :)

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

If you can use a smoke devil, CT dagannoths all the way. Zero question about it.

Quick approximate math:

192 dagannoth

Spent:

3 prayer potions (24k)

1k smoke devil scrolls (177k)

Total: 200k

Gained:

100k in stuff (hides, gear)

48k in alchs

44 crimson

A few greens

A few blues

Total: 148k

Result:

Task completed in 25 minutes

Approximately 50k loss

Wait, you used 1k scrolls in 25 minutes? Did you just spamclick the scroll bar and didn't bother meleeing yourself? Please explain? If you did (and didn't use any melee, so black mask bonus is neglected), this might be a good alternative to waterfiends for some people. (around 100 crimsons an hour + magic xp, breaking nearly even)

(allthough waterfiends is up to 115 crimsons an hour and making around 50-100k)

Wait, you used 1k scrolls in 25 minutes? Did you just spamclick the scroll bar and didn't bother meleeing yourself? Please explain? If you did (and didn't use any melee, so black mask bonus is neglected), this might be a good alternative to waterfiends for some people. (around 100 crimsons an hour + magic xp, breaking nearly even)

You use them on the helm recharging it every 100 or so scrolls, it auto uses them randomly (it seems to fire them off massively quick in the CT).

It should be noted you don't get any exp from the scroll ability and if you get the kill solely via the scrolls you will not get any drops as it doesn't count as your kill.

As it auto activates you can melee them with the slayer helm (black mask can't be enchanted).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You use them on the helm recharging it every 100 or so scrolls, it auto uses them randomly (it seems to fire them off massively quick in the CT).

It should be noted you don't get any exp from the scroll ability and if you get the kill solely via the scrolls you will not get any drops as it doesn't count as your kill.

As it auto activates you can melee them with the slayer helm (black mask can't be enchanted).

Hmm, that's a bummer. (no xp)

I've been using this spot for all my dagg assignnments, but here's some cc for your guide.

1. You don't need a whole super set if you're prayer.

2. A task of 171 took me 8 prayer potions at level 71 prayer (+28 prayer bonus)

3. The price of hides have changed to the extent that you need to update your prices (Ie circular hides are 24k each, stretched are 1k)

4. Map is slightly 'off' as mentioned previously

If i were you i would develop it with more pictures, invos, setups, profit from trips etc to make it look more appealing.

Would be cool to see it turn into an AOW guide, it could definatly turn into one with more pictures as i said.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

• 2 weeks later...

Stood next to like 10 dags and let the smoke devil do the rest (enchanted slayer helm) - made it really laggy after the scrolls but not sure if that effected the splashes. My 37 hit is slightly covered up. :P

imagangster.png

Well, I have started working back on this guide, so thanks everyone for the feedback. My immediate tasks are to make the guide more organised and getting the new map out. (Which I hope to finish by today)

I will also get the inventory and equipment section as soon as I finish my current Ice Bursting trip ;).

However, I face a big difficulty, which is that the entire guide is centered on "Slaying" them, and I don't seem to get them as a task often. (Curse you Lapalok!)

Thanks for the input provided above, and if you guys could, I would like the time taken, cost, profit/loss taken per task with different weapons like a Godsword. I do have the information required for slaying them with a whip, and I'll be adding a Dharoks section as soon as I can get that task again.

Lastly, I'm also looking for a familiar section, where I need tons of input on how helpful the lower leveled familiars are. I already have gotten about Smoke Devil, along with a picture, so familiars like Elemental Titans, Hydra, Lava Titan, Swamp Titan should be good. I have experimented these Dagannoths with a Geyser (which owns btw), but didn't record the results. Am also nearing Iron Titan, so watch this space :P

Thanks a lot again,

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

I like the new guide.

A few things to note.

When you say superset it should just be super strength and zammy brew, as a zammy brew (4) is worth a prayer pot (2) and a super attack (4) in one space for less then the cost of the two.

After about 20 minutes of staying in one part of there room they become non-aggressive, so using on of the teleports (do not use the Bork one without your prepared) to the other rooms and then back helps a lot.

You should empathize that you do not get any exp from the damage the smoke devil scrolls do, nor do you get the drop if its the only thing to damage the dagannoth(s). This was as of about a month ago and I've not seen a bug/tweak list which states otherwise.

Water and fire talismans sell for about 3.45k and 2k each, the worth picking up IMO.

Giant Ent's have a similar scroll ability to dust devils and are worth trying there.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Here's a little thing i threw together during my slayer task of 159.

[hide=Warning]daggo.png[/hide]

Just a montage of a couple of D2H specials, my setup and invo and reults from trip.

I took rune throwaxes just to test, i'm probably going to do another ranging trip to see how it goes but probably wont be as good as melee as they have higher range defence.

Trip of 159 took exactly 1 hour.

[hide=Cost of supplies used for that trip]daggotripcost.png[/hide]

So 180k profit for 1 hours' work :thumbsup:

edit: forgot 6 doses of super attack and 6 doses of super strength in that picture :XD:

I guess i was a little lucky getting the tooth half from a casket, and a warrior helm but it's still nice :D

Feel free to add/edit any parts for your guide.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

• 2 months later...
massivedamage.png

Boom. :P Can use in your guide if you want.

Can you fix this picture so it isn't after a lag, it might be misleading for some people.

Good guide: 8/10 :thumbsup:

Not going to mention things that need to be added/changed because they've been mentioned a lot already in other replys.

[hide=Familiar Scroll]

massivedamage.png

Boom. :P Can use in your guide if you want.

Can you fix this picture so it isn't after a lag, it might be misleading for some people.

Good guide: 8/10 :thumbsup:

Not going to mention things that need to be added/changed because they've been mentioned a lot already in other replys.

[/hide]Sure I can do that (next time I get dags I'll bring some scrolls) just wanted to show the pic as I found it funny how many damage splats on the screen. :P Not the most informative however.

I wouldn't say it's worth using the scrolls as it gives no combat xp. :( Is a shame really, I guess it gives summoning xp at least but very little.

Nostalgia looking back at old damage splats too. <3:

imagangster.png

Makes me want to try chinning them with a smoke devil and scrolls.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

this guide is good the spot is even better \'

great way to do a dagganoth task, and you can easily make profit

8/10 for guide ( finish and it will be 9/10)

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

One thing worth adding into the familiars section (or at least worth mentioning) is the forge regent, it's just a buffed up version of the smoke devil, with a area attack aswell.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Very nice, again. I just used this and I liked the result.

Two corrections for your guide, actually.

1) For inventory, you wrote "super set". That a small mistake. A super set would include the super defense potion, which is not needed. I think you mean "pure set", which is just the super attack and super strength

2) Include Forge Regent in your familiars section. Right-click special is just like the Smoke devil's and it gives ranged xp.

EDIT: It appears that the Forge Regent's right-click isn't a multi-hit attack. However, it DOES have one. I'm confused.

EDIT2: Might also want to warn people NOT to drink the keg of beer :oops: