Combat

EdgedThesis

Haha, I'm not going to lie-- memories of that movie is what sparked this topic.

But in Fight Club, people took out their anger on the outside world on each other. After wiping the grime from their faces and mopping up their own blood and sweat, they shook hands and went back to work.

But I hope we have an organizer/leader that isn't--

Never mind. Spoilers.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to hit where it hurts.

Joints

Neck

Head (anywhere)

Stomach

Groin (obviously)

This way it ends quickly, you don't have to get hurt, and the person you're fighting gets the pain they deserve.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Neck

Head (anywhere)

Groin (obviously)

I use the honor system,where I don't go for low blows...Basically what I do is hit him enough early on that his attacks come out slower.Then I just grab his limb,use some leverage and flip him to the floor.From there its pretty much mine,I have a whole set of where I hit when,case-by-case scenarios.Only used it twice so far.The first fight I got into (before the strategy) I was just doing boxing styles,and I got thrashed.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

^agreed. I know that if I ever get kicked in the balls,

I'm going to pulverize yours. By sheer force of anger I'd suck it up and slam a brick down there.

And good--most fights end up on the floor anyway. Real fights, I mean. Spars are all quickness and dodging, but in reality someone is going to get tackled.

I'm getting a man-shaped 150 pound punching bag that I'll just practice throws on.

Yes, this is a hobby. Not into stamps, much.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

That isn't a fight. That's you not wanting to get hurt, so you do a cowardly hit where they won't get up. Why would you want to cause another person that much pain in a fight? That's why boxing has that whole "nothing below the belt" rule.

Never hit a man in the balls. Goes for you girls, too.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

That isn't a fight. That's you not wanting to get hurt, so you do a cowardly hit where they won't get up. Why would you want to cause another person that much pain in a fight? That's why boxing has that whole "nothing below the belt" rule.

Only prissy tossers say not to hit a man in the balls because it's "cowardly" or "cheap".

If it ends a fight quickly and results in you not being injured as badly as you otherwise might have, there is nothing wrong with using it. A swift kick in the nadgers has a good chance of putting a man down, provided they haven't already got enough adrenaline pumping through their system to let them ignore the pain.

Another weapon at your disposal is dirt - it's everywhere, comes in a variety of colours and degrees of grittiness, easy to pick up, and hurts like bloody hell when you get it in someone's eyes.

Meh, most of my fights have been 'friendly' sparring with my younger brothers. They usually end with one of us grabbing a headlock or full nelson and waiting until the other gives up. The last real fight I was in was rather unspectacular as well. I had apparently insulted this drunk guy to the point where he decided to wait for me outside the bar. The entire fight was basically me repeatedly whipping my keffiyeh in the general direction of his face until he told me to go bleep myself and stumbled off into the night.

I'm way to easy going to get into a fight, but it doesn't mean I don't carry a knife at all times. :D

Next knife I plan on getting:

minibushman.jpg

A little paracord grip and I'll be in business.

Did you know people who carry knives for defense are more likely to be stabbed then people who don't?

Over here in the UK, carrying knives is illegal, and quite right, because knife crime is pretty high. And the media blow it far too much out of proportion.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

I just try to keep cool, and have a decent fight plan. t=Try your best to end it quickly by hitting something where it hurts "hint,hint". I know that hitting people in the back of the head ends it quite quickly, I kinda found out myself when it didn't work out :roll:

And I would never walk round with a knife. Your more likely to get stabbed. It's a terrible way to go and very, very sad even though the media blow it out of proportion.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I'm not a fighter and never will be. I once took a punch test at some carnival thing that judges how hard you punch. Turns out I got 1/2 the strength of the average punch. I'm a rather large guy with an intimidating build, but I can't punch for [cabbage]. Intimidation's my strategy when someone seems they want to pick a fight. Never gotten in a fistfight before, mostly because the guys who thought they could take me realized I was big and they were little, even though they still probably could whoop me to next Tuesday. I couldn't hurt a fly. In fact, I'm afraid of flies :|

I once tried to learn how to fight. You know that thing the boxers do, where they jump up and down really quickly and take some practice blows at an invisible opponent? I tried that once. I lost my balance and fell over in the middle of an air-punch. :wall:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Well I have only been in a few actual fights, back when I was allot younger and small. Needless to say I did not win any of them, and got ganged up on at least once. But now day's being about 6 foot 1 inch, with a wide build, weighing in at around 240-250 pounds (Fluctuates depending on how much I work out), and packing one nasty punch I figure I could wipe the floor with any of those guys who used to bully me around when I was a kid. Ok so I am a little overweight, but allot of it's muscle.

Right now I don't have any enemy's to fight with, sometimes wish I could track down my old nemesis and challenge him to a fight. No doubt he is built very similar to myself, might actually be a little tougher, but I owe him one...

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Only prissy tossers say not to hit a man in the balls because it's "cowardly" or "cheap".

If it ends a fight quickly and results in you not being injured as badly as you otherwise might have, there is nothing wrong with using it. A swift kick in the nadgers has a good chance of putting a man down, provided they haven't already got enough adrenaline pumping through their system to let them ignore the pain.

Another weapon at your disposal is dirt - it's everywhere, comes in a variety of colours and degrees of grittiness, easy to pick up, and hurts like bloody hell when you get it in someone's eyes.

I'd probably have more of a feeling along those lines if I wasn't a relatively big guy, and didn't box occasionally. I suppose if I was outnumbered or something, I'd definitely go for that.

I don't get the people who care about formalities when you're in an actual fight, actually trying to not get hurt, and don't have a huge advantage. Like if I was up against some huge kid, and he really wanted to hurt me, I would kick him in the balls, who cares if anyone thinks it's not manly or something.

That said, my usual plan is to fake a punch up high, draw my leg back for a kick, watch them block their crotch in anticipation, and strike them in the shin, knocking them down sometimes. And then it's basically over. Or is that acting like a [kitty]? -.-

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I played Junior A hockey and I was the fighter for my team. It was pretty funny because at the time I was 17 playing before my senior season of hockey and some of the guys I was fighting were like 20 years old. I probably fought 15 times in a 2 month period.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

i'm not a fighter, and haven't gotten into a 1on1 fight ever.

HOWEVER, when a guy starts strangling my helpless friend while all his friends wait for someone to fight back, I tend to tackle that [bleep] and give him a nice swift punch in the face. Idiots like that don't listen to words (unless I name my fists "word").

And usually his friends don't even bother to fight back with me, even if they could slaughter me, because their friend really deserved it.

hiccup.png

Some people actually think kicking some one in the gonads is ok in a fight... you do realize a guy can get testicular cancer and die from that right?

It's supposed to be a weapon of last resort like WMD's are for nations. If youre in a fight for your life (the other guy is trying to kill you) or if youre being sexually assaulted, then sure it's appropriate, but starting a fight with such a cowardly attack is beyond low. Also if some one did that to me, and I got cancer from it, I would probably come back later on and smash their face in with a brick- or worse.

It's been turned into a big joke in this country and around the world; we men have been dehumanized by the media. How would woman feel if smashing their breasts in was turned into a joke?

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

This is stupid. You probably think your hella sick if you fight hella people but your not. Honestly it's stupid. Two guys I know got in a fight after a Giants game last year. They weren't really my friends but I had hung out with them a few times. One punch. That was it. One kid died and the other is in jail. I went to the funeral and I saw his mother sitting there. It's just ridiculous. Over absolutely nothing and now the kids dead. Just because the other kid was trying to be cool.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

This is stupid. You probably think your hella sick if you fight hella people but your not. Honestly it's stupid. Two guys I know got in a fight after a Giants game last year. They weren't really my friends but I had hung out with them a few times. One punch. That was it. One kid died and the other is in jail. I went to the funeral and I saw his mother sitting there. It's just ridiculous. Over absolutely nothing and now the kids dead. Just because the other kid was trying to be cool.

I'm sure a lot of people avoid fights if they get the chance. I only ever fight when someone starts hitting me first.

The hell? Was is some sort of falcon punch or something? Jesus, that's insane.