Combat

EdgedThesis

I've never been in a fight, and I'm proud of that. I'm a nice guy, and I don't mess with anyone, so nobody has a reason to mess with me either.

I do get in wrestling matches with friends sometimes.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry. but that entire post was hilarious, every shot is potentially fatal? your not terminator. I think perhaps you take yourself a touch too serious.

You have no idea how the human body works, do you? Many shots are potentially deadly. You know that little indent directly below your nose and above your top lip? If you get hit there hard enough you will go into shock. If paramedics can't bring you out of shock in time, you die. Bet you thought you could just throw a punch anywhere on a persons face and the worst that would happen was a KO, right? Hell, even a KO can result in death depending on the environment.

This is stupid. You probably think your hella sick if you fight hella people but your not. Honestly it's stupid. Two guys I know got in a fight after a Giants game last year. They weren't really my friends but I had hung out with them a few times. One punch. That was it. One kid died and the other is in jail. I went to the funeral and I saw his mother sitting there. It's just ridiculous. Over absolutely nothing and now the kids dead. Just because the other kid was trying to be cool.

I agree.

Im sorry. but that entire post was hilarious, every shot is potentially fatal? your not terminator. I think perhaps you take yourself a touch too serious.

You have no idea how the human body works, do you? Many shots are potentially deadly. You know that little indent directly below your nose and above your top lip? If you get hit there hard enough you will go into shock. If paramedics can't bring you out of shock in time, you die. Bet you thought you could just throw a punch anywhere on a persons face and the worst that would happen was a KO, right? Hell, even a KO can result in death depending on the environment.

This is basically what I'm talking about. While my knowledge of these points is limited at best, in a life or death fight, I will try to open up a sufficiently wide window to do this at every possible juncture. And as an explanation of my "endless combo" comment, read the following.

Say that you and I are in a fight. You take a straight left at me, I block and move to the right, then try and do a right uppercut into your solar plexus (I think that's the name of it, the spot that's right under your ribcage (can shut off your ability to breathe if hit properly)). You catch the punch, then haul back for a haymaker. I yank my arm back hard, bringing you back with it, then headbutt you as hard as I can. While you're disoriented, I take the bottom part of the palm of my left hand and hit you as hard as I can in the nose, coming from a downward angle. As this is a bone that I'm hitting, on the possibility that I can produce enough force, I can cause the bone to mess with your brain, killing you. This is all in the span of about 5 seconds, by my guess.

See how it works? If someone grabs my arm, I take a swing with the other, possibly at the arm holding mine. They grab that, I go for a kick. It misses, I push all my weight back, bringing him down with me. When I hit the ground first, smack him with my forehead. There's various ways to keep up a string of attacks. In actuality, most fights are won because the victor never stopped for a breather. Unless if there's something that means I have to run, I probably won't. Get the picture? Oh, and for the record, you are a very, very shoddy troll. Get better before you try me again. Keep the /b/tardation out of Off Topic. :roll:

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Oh, and for the record, you are a very, very shoddy troll. Get better before you try me again. Keep the /b/tardation out of Off Topic. :roll:

I hope that wasn't directed at me. From what I can tell, you and I are on basically the same page. A few things I should mention though:

-You should never block in a real fight. Take a hit and get yourself in a better position. If you start blocking, you're far more likely to keep trying to block and you're losing chances for vital shots.

-Nobody is going to just grab your arm and if they do it's probably not a very threatening person. I don't even know why self-defense techniques are taught from that.

-If you kill somebody, you go to jail. Even in a life threatening situation, don't just expect you're getting off with no punishment because our justice system is crap.

-Avoid going to the ground unless you're trained in ju jitsu. If neither of you are, the guy on top is very likely to win

As far as your "endless combo" thing. I wouldn't count on your brain working that fast. You can practice a situation over and over but it's highly unlikely that a real situation will play out the same way. You just need to know your striking zones, where to avoid getting hit at all costs, and knowing when to strike. Most fights aren't going to last long enough for you to pull off any sort of a combo either. Most times people who don't know how to fight will leave their mouth open and just ask for an easy KO. That and their strong punches are normally going to be opposite hand of their foot that's foreward.

So long as I have a second or two before the first punch is thrown. I have a nice little sequence of moves which tends to end fights quick. People always forget about the kicks and it really lets them down (and puts them down). ;)

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

-You should never block in a real fight. Take a hit and get yourself in a better position. If you start blocking, you're far more likely to keep trying to block and you're losing chances for vital shots.

Do you classify parrying under blocking? Or are you just talking straight up blocking the hit head on?

And ya, I agree on your last point deloria. Ya'll can plan scenarios out in your head all you want and think you're reaction and toughness are greater than they really are, but when it comes to fight, trust me, all that planned out crap is gunna go out the window and all you'll be left with are muscle memory and taking hits.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

[hide=]

This is basically what I'm talking about. While my knowledge of these points is limited at best, in a life or death fight, I will try to open up a sufficiently wide window to do this at every possible juncture. And as an explanation of my "endless combo" comment, read the following.

Say that you and I are in a fight. You take a straight left at me, I block and move to the right, then try and do a right uppercut into your solar plexus (I think that's the name of it, the spot that's right under your ribcage (can shut off your ability to breathe if hit properly)). You catch the punch, then haul back for a haymaker. I yank my arm back hard, bringing you back with it, then headbutt you as hard as I can. While you're disoriented, I take the bottom part of the palm of my left hand and hit you as hard as I can in the nose, coming from a downward angle. As this is a bone that I'm hitting, on the possibility that I can produce enough force, I can cause the bone to mess with your brain, killing you. This is all in the span of about 5 seconds, by my guess.

See how it works? If someone grabs my arm, I take a swing with the other, possibly at the arm holding mine. They grab that, I go for a kick. It misses, I push all my weight back, bringing him down with me. When I hit the ground first, smack him with my forehead. There's various ways to keep up a string of attacks. In actuality, most fights are won because the victor never stopped for a breather. Unless if there's something that means I have to run, I probably won't. Get the picture? Oh, and for the record, you are a very, very shoddy troll. Get better before you try me again. Keep the /b/tardation out of Off Topic. :roll:

[/hide]

Im actually quite qualified to talk about this, but i dont really want to. im more interested in why you take yourself so seriously. In my

in 'actuality' its people who think about such things as much as you do who end up hurting people. you are clearly quite proud of your 'skills' and it is only natural that when you put as much thought into it as you have that (over time) you are going to be overly eager when a situation occurs.

So... why so serious?

NICKELEY102.png

No blocking?!

Oh, come on. I think you probably mean those huge sweeping Karate-styled blocks though.

If not, then damn. Blocking, in my eyes, is directing an attack away from your body.

It can be classic martial arts styled, where you bend your arms and swish them around in a general direction, or it can be the normal, instinctual 'smacking' away of an attack. I think that's just called a parry.

But it is best when the two are coupled, or a parry is followed by a lunge of your own.

E.g: Parry (stop the attack, or just lightly misdirect it), 'Block' (using your limbs to force the attacking arm/leg away, throwing the dude off balance), and then an attack--

Or, if you want to be quick:

Parry, take the half second you just bought yourself to land your fist inside the guy's face. Or, whatever body part your reflexes deem fit to hit. Whatever.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Blocking for me is actually using a limb to absorb damage of an attack,usually one that would cause more damage if it connects,like to your temple or soft areas.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

A block absorbs the kinetic energy of a blow, whereas a parry redirects the majority of it elsewhere.

Difference being that you don't want to block someone with a knife unless you have something extremely solid and not part of your body to do it with.

Do you classify parrying under blocking? Or are you just talking straight up blocking the hit head on?

And ya, I agree on your last point deloria. Ya'll can plan scenarios out in your head all you want and think you're reaction and toughness are greater than they really are, but when it comes to fight, trust me, all that planned out crap is gunna go out the window and all you'll be left with are muscle memory and taking hits.

Parrying is fine and can be very effective at throwing someone off balance but blocking an attack completely is bad.

I know I can think in the way I'm describing in a fight because I've been in that situation before. Not where I had to kill him, but I did do things that would end the fight. Oh, and on the whole block/parry thing, I normally mix up the two when I'm talking of fighting. I rarely "block", most of the time I parry. The only time I block is when I 1) can't dodge, 2) want to catch whatever the opponent's hitting me with, or 3) want to open him up for something that requires having the opponent's striking limbs in a different position without me moving. I'm not exactly the best for resisting being knocked back when I do a full block. :?

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.