Runners

Georgelemmons

I used to hate running, but 2 days ago I decided to run after my soccer game and it felt great. I ran a 6:03 mile, not great compared to my runner friends who can run low 5's/high 4's but it's still my personal best. The last 400m was 53 seconds, which I'm not sure if it's good or not, but I don't think it's too bad. I don't know why it was so easy for me, maybe because it was pouring, but I didn't get tired at all like I usually do.

I'm looking forward to track (indoor and outdoor). I really don't do distance though, anything more than a mile and I tend to get tired.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to hate running, but 2 days ago I decided to run after my soccer game and it felt great. I ran a 6:03 mile, not great compared to my runner friends who can run low 5's/high 4's but it's still my personal best. The last 400m was 53 seconds, which I'm not sure if it's good or not, but I don't think it's too bad. I don't know why it was so easy for me, maybe because it was pouring, but I didn't get tired at all like I usually do.

I'm looking forward to track (indoor and outdoor). I really don't do distance though, anything more than a mile and I tend to get tired.

That's a really nice mile time, considering that you don't train as a runner. :shock:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Maybe I timed it wrong, 'cause I looked it up and that would have placed me like 5th in state's last year, and I don't think I'm that good lmao. I want to run another 400 to see if it's an accurate time or not.

My friend ran a 17:05 5k yesterday for some meet and said he didn't even try. I'd be lucky to run a 24 :| .

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Soccer players are always ridiculously good at 400s. Their constant running up and down the field is perfect practice for a 400 meter sprint.

53 seconds is beastly, my friend.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Well this is the first year I've ever run Cross Country (did Volleyball last year, was too scared to do it in Grade 9 and I didn't like running until the end of Grade 8) and I had my first practise in the morning on the previous Friday, and now that I'm in grade 11 I'll have to run the senior level race against grade 12's and possibly 13's. For our practises we usually run about 4km-6km, which can take about 20-40 mins for everyone to finish. I've never actually taken note of my personal best time, but I've definitely found the routes easier every time we run it. We have our first meet next Wednesday, and as stated before I'm running in the senior level race which is about 7km. Even though I've had my share of injuries (sprains) and cramps, I love running. The adrenaline rush you get when you're only a few meters a way from the finish line is one of the greatest feelings.

So does anyone else here run Cross Country? What distance do you run and how long have you been running for? What's your personal best time? Share :D

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I did, I used to be average, but then I sort of gave up. I found out I'm pretty good at 800m however, I wanted to see how much I could push myself in the hockey warmup and I did pretty well, I wasn't too badly out of breath either. I could probably go a bit faster but I'd love to see my time for it.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

We just had another race yesterday, at the park where most of my races take place. I dropped 40 seconds off my personal best to run 18:40, and come in 150th or so out of about 225. It was perfect.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

i did cross country, do triathlons now, isn't there already a thread on running thats on the first page :?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=760836

Merged the two topics together. Hopefully there wont be too much confusion.

Thanks. ::'

To the person who wanted to figure out the distance of their route, go here

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

-If you run, do you just do it for fun, or are you on a team?

I run for training purposes on the baseball team. You may not know it, but baseball players (at least in my area) are subject to a TON of conditioning, including 5K's and sprint laps (which are ~300M done up and down stairs around our school in about one minute.

-What distances do you run, and what are your best times?

I run quite a bit a day. I'd guestimate that duirng baseball season I run over 5 Miles a day, depending on the weather. I'm pretty confident that I could finish a half marathon, but I've yet to try it.

-Any training tips?

Pace yourself. If your new to running, start small and work your way up to larger distances, you know, all that good stuff you've heard before. If you feel like you haven't worked hard enough, you haven't. Keep going until you've gotten your fill, but don't go until you're practically dead. Always cool down afterwards, don't just stop all at once.

I'm sure you've heard all this before ::'

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my meet didn't go as well as I expected. My run was a 6k race at 2:45 p.m., and I hadn't had anything to drink or eat since breakfast (orange juice, yogurt, pudding cake), so by the time my race came I was seriously dehydrated, and it didn't help that the sun was beating down on us at about 20 degrees celsius.

Anyways, when I was sprinting the last 100m I came to an immediate stop about 20m from the finish line, where at that point the 5 or so people I had beaten got ahead of me, as well as another 10 or so people, which didn't so any good for my ranking. This had NEVER happened to me before, but for some reason my legs felt like they were on fire, my vision was extremely blurry and my head was throbbing with pain. I was barely able to keep my balance, and I had to wait about 2min before I got to move into the tent where the helpers took down my number and write down my rank. By the time I got out of the tent I was barely able to walk, and I found the nearest bench to sit on but I was told I was unable to sit there which forced me to make the long, painful walk back to our teams area. I collapsed halfway there, and by that time I was having serious troubles with breathing. My vision became completely obscured, and I could really only hear the voices around me. It didn't take long for one of the helpers to rush to my aid, as well as one of my teammates who knew first-aid. My arms and legs were tingling, I was having severe cramps in my foot and hamstring, and I couldn't really move any other part of my body except for my mouth and head. I began hyperventalating, and it took a few mins for me to calm down my breathing and bring my heart rate back to a normal pace. The paramedics eventually showed up and I was taken to the hospital, which by the time all the pain had ceased and I could move my entire upper body, and there was only a small amount of pain in my legs. It only took about 3 hours for the nurse and doctor to come check on me and make sure everything was ok, which is a good time considering my situation wasn't as severe as others in the hospital (thankfully I wasn't at a downtown hospital, which would've most likely taken a good 8+ hours for a doctor to see me).

I'm fine now, and this is definitely something I'll never forget. It's also something that's just going to push me to do better in my next meet which is this upcoming Wednesday. I won't let the heat (as well as my own stupidity) beat me this time ;)

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I don't run long distance (except for at soccer practice :wall: ) but I did have the longest long jump in the city in my age group last year. I jumped 15 feet and 4 inches in the seventh grade, which I'm told is good. I also came in second in my age group in the 55m hurdles. I got to run hurdles and actually make friends with Drake Johnson, who won several events in the junior olympics.

Join Epiphany!