Two computers, Two accounts.

l0rd

I have a laptop and a desktop. I was wondering if it was against the rules to do the following: fish on one of my desktop on one of my accounts, then on the laptop do something on a different account.

Note: I haven't done this yet, as I don't know if it against the rules or not.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

I believe the wording of the rule is that as long as they never interact there is no problem.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

I don't see why it would be, and the rules seem to imply that as long as your accounts don't interact it would be. However, it would give you an advantage in a way, and I could see how they could use that as grounds to ban you. Personally, I don't think the benefit outweighs the risks.

Go ahead and do it, there is no way for them to tell if its you using two accounts at once or you and somone else playing on the same network. You are safe to do whatever you want that rule is just a scare tactic.

Fools_Taco.png

Pretty much what the posters above me stated. They're not going to really know, but it can start a suspicion against your account. Not something you'd want. It's not hard to tell it's not two people playing. Check the IP's and then the logout/in times for both accounts, if they are a near match, it's quite obvious.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Pretty sure you're not allowed to play on two accounts at the same time

Bingo. Your not allowed to log onto more then one account at once. It's probably hard to detect, but could raise red flags and cause you to be banned more easily.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

at times there have been 4 accounts playing at my house all at the same time, and at times we was all together.

differnce is was that there was 4 people behind them, and not 1.

as far as i know no problems arose from doing so.

thats the difference, if you was 2 people, and 2 acc no problem.

but as you are 2 accounts one person, thats bordering on illegal.

you could always ask jagex, i daresay they'd say no to it.

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

at times there have been 4 accounts playing at my house all at the same time, and at times we was all together.

Exactly, just ask. If they say no, ok, if they say yes?

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Exactly, just ask. If they say no, ok, if they say yes?

You may create more than one account, but if you do, you may not log in more than one account at any time

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2078

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Well, how are they to know in the first place that there is one person using the two accounts from the same IP adress? (I assume that you are using a router for internet access for both of the computers)

For all they know, there are two different people on different computers at the same time coming from the same IP address. Also, even if you have two computers, you cannot have them both connected onto the same world because they are both using the same IP, so in no way can they contact each other in the way you are going to use them.

Summarized, Jagex has no way of knowing that it is you on both of those accounts, it could be your brother, sister, friend, etc., so I do not see how you could get in trouble, as they do not have concrete proof that it was YOU on both of them...

Big_Stingman.png

(post by Pmod)

Well doing that would definately be illegal. However, there isn't any chance that Jagex could detect this (as long as you don't start loging in with 2 accounts at one computer that is)

It's up to your morality if you want to follow the rules, or go around them

2qcigdz.png

You may create more than one account, but if you do, you may not log in more than one account at any time, and they must not interact with each other in any way. This includes 'drop trading' or any other method of item transfer.

There ya go, you can have multiple accounts, just not be on them at the same time, and they can't interact in any way..

I'm not saying do it, but if you are on different computers, how are they to know its not two different people?

*cough*

35b9enp.jpg

it isnt against the rules as long as they dont interact with each other. meaning u dont trade req help etc. i would just play on different worlds to be safe. the thing is that jagex cant pick up that ur playing ur 2 accounts on different computers. they can tell on one since there r 2 accounts with same ip. their moniters pick that up. in ur situation u can.

it isnt against the rules as long as they dont interact with each other. meaning u dont trade req help etc. i would just play on different worlds to be safe. the thing is that jagex cant pick up that ur playing ur 2 accounts on different computers. they can tell on one since there r 2 accounts with same ip. their moniters pick that up. in ur situation u can.

you may not log in more than one account at any time

It is entirely against the rules, please do not spread misinformation. Thus the point of this thread is to determine if Jagex can catch you, not if it is against the rules. The answer: Probably not, but it could cause some red flags against your account.

DeviledEgg24.png

i really dont think jagex will catch you because me and my bros do play all together in same room sometimes logging on around same times i have only ever used one account myself but there is 3 active accounts on my ip? ? maybe jagex can work out we are all diff people somehow ?

Lameo3.png

Joined RS Dec 24th 2004.

99 Hunter 14.08.09 10084th

99 Cooking 17.06.11 188188th

<< Drum and Bass

The accounts arent running on the same computer and there's 2 computers.

This doesn't break any rules, until you expose yourself in-game by getting reported, interact btwn accounts or start macroing that you breached the rules.

Of course there's grey areas/ ways that I won't mention.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

The accounts arent running on the same computer and there's 2 computers.

This doesn't break any rules, until you expose yourself in-game by getting reported, interact btwn accounts or start macroing that you breached the rules.

Of course there's grey areas/ ways that I won't mention.

I don't think any of it is gray. It's perfectly clear that one person is to use one account at one time.

First of all, it doesn't make any difference what room you're in, how many computers you're using, or if you have three different browsers going at the same time on one computer. Jagex will know your IP address and will be able to confirm how many accounts are connected at one time.

I'm pretty sure Jagex gets a flag when two accounts sign in with one IP address. From that point, I think they can determine if the person is using multiple accounts or if the accounts are being accessed by different people.

I guess there is one question I should ask... is this P2P or F2P? In both cases, they can check if both accounts have matching passwords. If both accounts are P2P, they can look into the debit / credit card holder.

jirenma2001.png