The 100 Greatest Guitar Solos Of All Time

Da Pirates

I don't think I've ever seen one of those lists where Stairway to Heaven isn't number one.

Now, I'm not a huge music buff, and I like that song too, but surely sometimes people will think there's something better?

And is the list based on difficulty, originality, or what? What's "greatest"?

Not A Rick Roll.

MCR? That's worse than A Rick Roll!

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever seen one of those lists where Stairway to Heaven isn't number one.

Now, I'm not a huge music buff, and I like that song too, but surely sometimes people will think there's something better?

Not A Rick Roll.

I have to agree.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Not A Rick Roll.

I have to agree.

They aren't that bad. Though they shouldn't touch any guitar list, certainly.

Not A Rick Roll.

I have to agree.

For once, Mlb is right!!!

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

Adio said solos suck. Which seems to a bit too strong. I'm not a fan of long solos either, because most of the time they seem to be nothing more than an ordinary display of a technical ability. Some kind of trick, that adds nothing to the song. There are exceptions on the rule of course.

I wasn't going to post anything, but because I disagree with you for once here Daan, I will ;) I think guitar solos are often the best part of songs, they put you in the shoes of the artist and put you in a temporary high, as if you're playing yourself, simply because the instrumental part if easiest to blend in to. It's probably also one of the major reasons I listen to so much post-rock and progressive rock; good instrumental music somehow sounds so much more pure and does more to me than most other music.

I didn't check the list though, i don't really like listing subjective things from great to less great.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg