9/11 7 years later

Bufoman

Seeing as this is the 7th anniversary of the attack upon my nation I thought I would make a topic to discuss how people feel now. I was abit surprised and somewhat upset to see no one bothered to make a topic this year.

For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about please read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11

It does not do justice to this day, no description can.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know 9/11 happened.

It doesn't need a new topic every year, theres been other acts of terrorism too.

Say whtaever you want, but all I need to say is that the worst is over now. Though its freaky that I was just reading an arc of Jack which had one of the towers in it.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I heard a lot about 'people forgetting what happened already'. This is probably why... We didn't do anything related to it in school; last year and the year before we read stories about it in ELA.

Personally I was only 8 but I remember I was at school, the principal came on the intercom and said something like "Two planes have just crashed into the World Trade Center. We would like to observe a moment of silence for those killed and missing."

It's going to be like "Where were you on 9/11?" is like "Where were you when JFK was assinated?"

11 years old, in my English class when roughly 100 people were asked to come home, we weren't told what happened a lot of rumors like the FBI had entered the building rofl. i really didn't give it much though till the weekend when all that was on Saturday morning cartoons was news about the Attacks :(

legends2.jpg

I was around 7 or 8 years old when it happened. We were listening to the radio for music purposes. Then, it said, "We are sorry for this interruption, but we have breaking news. Two planes have crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City." My dad was watching it live. At first, he thought it was an accident. But, it wasn't...

j0xPu5R.png

I was 6. When I first saw the clip, and I saw that it was terrorists...

I got on my Astro (a kids computer, so it was crappy even for 90's standards) and played the original Raindow 6 Embassy mission (the only one I could beat at the time, the first level) and thought that by doing this, I was actually fighting terrorists and making them lose... :wall:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Am I the only one that is sick of hearing about where people were "when it happened"? It just seems like every story is the same.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Am I the only one that is sick of hearing about where people were "when it happened"? It just seems like every story is the same.

Yeah I know. My teacher made the every single person in the class say everything they remember about that day. Oh and I have him twice in one day. :|

Personally, I think it's time that we, as a nation, simply moved on. By creating this mysticism and portraying it as the holocaust of America, aren't we doing exactly what the terrorists wanted us to do? Remember it; Fear it.

And another thing. I'm sick of Americans acting as if this were the most horrible thing to ever happen to anyone, anywhere. I remember hearing songs on the radio about how the world stopped turning. The world. I'm sure that that day, at that time, millions, if not billions, lived their lives as if nothing had happened. America needs to cut down on the ego a bit, and the first step is relaxing this death grip it has on the memory of 9/11.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It kind of bothers me as well, and it does seem it doesn't seem like as big of a deal as its been in the past. Today they had little flags out on our green space on campus for every person who died in the attacks, which is pretty crazy to look at.

As for no one caring on these boards, I feel like it can be attributed to the age factor. Heck I'm a sophomore in college and I was only in 7th grade when it happened. I still remember it like it was yesterday, even though I didn't really understand the huge deal about it at the time. Today I've felt like I should be doing something like watching one of those videos they always have on TV commemorating the heroes and victims from that day, and getting goosebumps from it, but I haven't really seen much being done about it.

RIP all of those who died on 9/11/01

Personally, I think it's time that we, as a nation, simply moved on. By creating this mysticism and portraying it as the holocaust of America, aren't we doing exactly what the terrorists wanted us to do? Remember it; Fear it.

And another thing. I'm sick of Americans acting as if this were the most horrible thing to ever happen to anyone, anywhere. I remember hearing songs on the radio about how the world stopped turning. The world. I'm sure that that day, at that time, millions, if not billions, lived their lives as if nothing had happened. America needs to cut down on the ego a bit, and the first step is relaxing this death grip it has on the memory of 9/11.

I don't think we would be necessarily fearing it, if anything I feel like we are respecting those who risked their lives to save others, of course in addition to the ones who died without a chance to do anything about it.

I will agree with you there though, that the attack pales in comparison to a lot of things that happen in every day life elsewhere. I still think it's okay for us to see it as a fairly big deal though

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

No one mentioned it at school, nothing special happened (Today, that is). I knew it was 9/11, don't know if other people even knew. But anyway, it really is time to let go and move on. Tragedies will be remember, 9/11 is a tragedy, but I've heard (and agree) that the terrorists' main objective was to strike fear into our hearts and make us grieve. To me, 7 years is way too long to grieve and mourn. Though it was an extremely sad event, one of the saddest of the 21st century so far, you must let go at one point or another. What, in 10 years, will there be threads on forums about the 17th anniversary of 9/11? :|

Anyway, I barely remember that day, I was in 2nd grade. (I could've sworn I was in first, but whatever) I remember my sister (Who was in 5th grade) got a letter from the principal, and she handed it to my mom when she came to pick us up. Other than that, I think a friend of mine was in DC that day, and one was in NYC.

I was at the WTC only the previous summer (I think), I have a few pictures. When I was in New York last summer, I went to Ground Zero, putting aside what I said earlier, it was really, really, sad. :(

I watched United 93 the other day, it was really sad.

So RIP to all victims of 9/11, condolences to their families, but just keep in mind that much, much worse has happened.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I was an intolerant second grader at the time and rather than caring much about the event I was ticked off that all the good shows were taken off air and replaced with 24/7 news coverage of the attacks, except some cartoons. I wish I had treated it differently back then. If I become a grandparent and my grandchild asks me what 9/11 was like, I don't want to be the one who says "it...was... horrible. pure horror..." and my kid goes "yes grandpa, it really was a dad event" and I say "no... I couldn't watch...TV...".

I think we should find another name for 9/11 now. A more official name. We don't refer to historical tragidies by their date. We call them by a real name. Like we don't call the JFK assassination "11/22" or the MLK assassination "4/4/68". We should give it a more official name, or at least one that everyone calls it by besides it's date.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I edited my main post with a link to the Wikipedia topic about why this day is important to Americans. Some of you might not know, or may have forgotten...

I remember I was going to my English class and the towers where on TV, one of them billowing up smoke. I knew right away what had happened, I knew who was behind it. Most people had no idea, and thought it was a small plain, an accident. Somehow I knew better, something told me it was Osamas work. Call it a premonition if you will, but I had this feeling for a while before the attack that something like this was going to happen...

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

It's one damn day. Just [bleep]ing think about them. I know people who've lost family to those attacks. Nobody's asking you to cry the whole year. Think about them a couple times in one day. Think about the firefighters that went into a burning, toppling skyscraper to save people. Think of the civilians that, instead of rushing away, ran into the buildings. And think of how many died. Think of the people that had to choose between jumping hundreds of feet to their deaths or die slowly and painfully by fire and asphyxiation. Thousands of people died within four hours. That deserves remembrance and honoring. It's been almost two millennia since Jesus was crucified and then reborn, we Christians still mourn his crucifixion and celebrate his rise to Heaven, but not every single day.

Another example that has been a hot button on these forums lately: Black history month. It's been about 30 years, and we have a whole month over it. The better part of the week that will be used to commemorate this tragedy isn't going to harm you, unless thinking about the people that died and wishing their families well is just too much to ask.

Anyways, I was in second grade, and wondering why the adults were crying so much and most of my class had been taken out. I couldn't comprehend what was going on when I got home, but I could sense my family's fear and anxiety, and I was so scared I ran into my parents' room and just cried, hoping and praying that something would protect us from something that terrible. I didn't even think of the thousands and thousands of people that had been and would be affected.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

And frankly I think the only reason it's being thought of so much is because the media and some industries would suffer if we forgot it. Let's face it, 9/11 memorials are easy news reports with massive amounts of views. The news channels just put up some pictures, maybe a video of a memorial, get some old pictures they have stored of the attack, and have a reporter talk about what happened that day and that it's being remembered. It's an easy report to assemble and one thast brings in loads of views, not to mention makes the channel sound more patriotic for covering the memorial.

And then there's the souvenir sales companies that make limited edition coins and metal dollars with images of the event, turning a national tragedy into a lucrative business.

If we just decided to move on and not do much on 9/11, these industries would lose opportunities. So they make sure we don't forget. Sad, isn't it?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I love watching the 9/11 videos. It'll just make me happier when I see the video of Osama being yanked by the scruff of his neck out of his cave.

That's a little masochistic don't you think?

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

No, because that would by definition mean that I feel superior to others (see Rarex)

Osama killed 3000 people and even more from other countries. It will be awesome when it finally catches up with him.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.