9/11 7 years later

Bufoman

i was in grade , and during our morning meeting, our teacher told us that two planes had crashed into the world trade center. Me and a couple of my friends said cool, not understanding it, and almost got suspended.

I think the day should be a reminder of what will happen if we give up in Afghanistan.

You were in grade __? Did you think no one would catch that. I was in 3rd grade at the time.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does this mean we can make a thread every year for the other 9/11? The day when the US started a rebelion in chille(sp) where the new goverment killed thousands of people, tortured tens of thousands, and forced millions out of the country?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

does this mean we can make a thread every year for the other 9/11? The day when the US started a rebelion in chille(sp) where the new goverment killed thousands of people, tortured tens of thousands, and forced millions out of the country?

dont you mean iran?

Anyways though I will definitely get flamed for saying this remebering 9/11/01 actually shows a lack of social justice in our country. We have no memorial for the people that die of the flu every year nor do we have anything to commemorate the people that die from AIDS. Furthermore this remembrance has been used as a springboard tactic to get certain people relected and as a scare tactic. Finally we dont have a national (or at least to this level) remembrance of the children that died in a daycare center in the Oklahoman city bombings Honestly I think 9/11 should be remembered but not to the degree that it is right now.

LNYvk.png

dont you mean iran?

No, Chile under Pinochet was supported by the US because it was a right wing dictatorship which would stop the spread of communism in Latin America. Then of course Chile along with other South American dictatorships launched Operation Condor (which is the killings/torture/repression referred to) with cooperation by the CIA.

That being said, that has no relation to 9/11.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

dont you mean iran?

No, Chile under Pinochet was supported by the US because it was a right wing dictatorship which would stop the spread of communism in Latin America. Then of course Chile along with other South American dictatorships launched Operation Condor (which is the killings/torture/repression referred to) with cooperation by the CIA.

That being said, that has no relation to 9/11.

The rebellion started on 9/11 though didn't it? I don't know much of that areas history just something i read in the paper yesterday about how americans are always making a big deal about 9/11 while this part of history gets barly any notice.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

• 1 month later...
I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet. A couple buildings were smashed. Big deal? I don't think so.

More people die in Africa every hour than the people who died in a supposedly 'fireproof' building in their supposedly 'perfect' country, where nothing bad could POSSIBLY happen because the average IQ is sooooo much higher than the rest of the world, and the architects and US military could have done nothing to prevent this!

If you still haven't realised, half of the above sentence is sarcasm.

If the above offended you, you are clearly still living in your little bubble. If it didn't, congratulations! You have an understanding of the world and have earned the title of "".

That is the exact reason why people remember it. Because the US thought they WERE invincible, that they couldn't be touched, and terrorism wouldn't reach their borders and cause such a disaster.

I do agree that the patriotic people couldn't give two [cabbage]s about other countries, and have their heads up their [wagon].

The media, also, don't help by milking this story. Someone should get the media under control. The thing I hate most in the world is the media...

The media milk this

What are you going on about with this "invincible" nonsense? The WTC was bombed in 1993 and there have been several other terrorist attacks elsewhere in the United States. Your post seems to be almost an exact copy of the Australian propaganda machine.

How about if someone blew up a few buildings packed with civilians in Australia? It's ok, more people die in Africa every hour!...

• 4 weeks later...

I was about 8 when it happened. We got sent home for school early and I was way f***ed up because my dad was working in the 'states and I lack the presence of mind to differentiate between Detroit and New York.

Once I heard about the terrorism bit, even at the age of 8, was that "someone, somewhere, is lying right now."

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I don't care about 9/11 in the slightest. I am really not bothered by it's occurrence except perhaps the political scum who now use it as an excuse to violate even the most basic of human rights. There are simply more important things going on in the world than 9/11, of course it's bad when people die especially through no fault of there own. However it is very insignificant compared to the suffering that occurs everyday on this planet. I find it interesting the way our society only cares when we consider the victims to be "one of us".

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

What are you going on about with this "invincible" nonsense? The WTC was bombed in 1993 and there have been several other terrorist attacks elsewhere in the United States. Your post seems to be almost an exact copy of the Australian propaganda machine.

How about if someone blew up a few buildings packed with civilians in Australia? It's ok, more people die in Africa every hour!...

Unless I have a friend involved in the explosion, it won't bother me at all. I am not one affected by such things.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I believe th old saying is "Let leeping dog's lie." Does there really need to be a discussion on 9/11. I mean it happened, lots of things happen. Sure it was a big deal for people in the United States, myself included, but it's been 8 years.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

I believe th old saying is "Let leeping dog's lie." Does there really need to be a discussion on 9/11. I mean it happened, lots of things happen. Sure it was a big deal for people in the United States, myself included, but it's been 8 years.

It's let sleeping dogs lie.

I'm pretty sure he just made a typo.

God damn tif is pissing me off lately.

9/11 is important not because of the physical damage the attacks caused (although that was terrible) but rather because of it's effect on the direction of the United States and the world as a whole. Before the September 11th attacks, the western world was still in a kind of post cold war daze - the evil empire was gone and to the average observer there was no major threats remaining in the world. Following the attacks however the world once again had a cause to rally around and a new threat to fear. Since the attacks, the central focus of American security concerns has been focused on terrorism and terrorism related problems.

I'm pretty sure he just made a typo.

God damn tif is pissing me off lately.

He forgot the s and added a ' plus I didn't want other people to read it and not realise he had made a typo.