9/11 7 years later

Bufoman

Oh. Well it's in the official definition, but it doesn't really work now that you clear up why you said it.

Anyway, it's not so much as I love the videos as much as it is I like to hate Osama, and these vids are fuel to the fire.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, just watching this all on t.v. again is something. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was scared silly. My dad was in Chicago and was supposed to be flying home and I didn't know what plane he was supposed to be on. I thought the TransAmerica Pyramid or the Golden Gate bridge was going to go down next. My mom worked at the airport but she had the day off so I was worried about her going back to work. What really hit me was something that I don't even remember where I heard it. It was the people who jumped out of the building. I couldn't even comprehend that. The feeling of horror they must have had from the fire to do that. And that really scared me. People being scared enough to jump out of a building.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

I remember that my mum told me that a plane had crashed in a building somewhere in the US. I had never heard about it before, and I didn't care much, because I was used to hearing news about many people dying and stuff.

I don't understand why this has become such a tragedy. If you say "Haha! 9/11!", you will be hated, because almost 3000 people died in a plane crash on that date. If you say "Haha! Bad water!", no-one cares, even though bad water kills 40,000 children alone every day. Do we even think about that tsunami in Thailand anymore?

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

I remember that my mum told me that a plane had crashed in a building somewhere in the US. I had never heard about it before, and I didn't care much, because I was used to hearing news about many people dying and stuff.

I don't understand why this has become such a tragedy. If you say "Haha! 9/11!", you will be hated, because almost 3000 people died in a plane crash on that date. If you say "Haha! Bad water!", no-one cares, even though bad water kills 40,000 children alone every day. Do we even think about that tsunami in Thailand anymore?

It's because most are patriotic somewhat and sensitive to this stuff I think. Let's face it though, no one really cares too much about that tsunami much anymore. it's become a backthought at best. Would they hate you if it happened in another country though? I cannot say.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet. A couple buildings were smashed. Big deal? I don't think so.

More people die in Africa every hour than the people who died in a supposedly 'fireproof' building in their supposedly 'perfect' country, where nothing bad could POSSIBLY happen because the average IQ is sooooo much higher than the rest of the world, and the architects and US military could have done nothing to prevent this!

If you still haven't realised, half of the above sentence is sarcasm.

If the above offended you, you are clearly still living in your little bubble. If it didn't, congratulations! You have an understanding of the world and have earned the title of "".

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I was abit surprised and somewhat upset to see no one bothered to make a topic this year.

Why? We've moved on. I don't understand this mentality at all. That you fear we're all gonna forget about 9/11, so you feel a need to force it into our minds every year on its anniversary again.

I don't know about others, but the images from 9/11 are the single most memorable images of my childhood, and I don't even live in America.

That's like me asking you to just stop your lives every year for the Lockerbie plane bombings. I wouldn't ask or expect you to do so. Or the bombings on 7th July on the London Underground. Or the Madrid train bombings. Or all the various times al-Qaeda have messed around with impoverished African nations.

And yes, before anyone dares mention it, I do actually have relatives in New York, one of which should have been in the WTC on 9/11.

It was tragic, but simply put - there is a time to move on. Let's look at the US's reaction to 9/11. A war in Iraq which has actually cost more lives than the 9/11 attacks actually killed in the first place, without bringing any significant reduction in threat. In fact, some would argue the increase in anti-Americanist feeling in the Middle East has actually made America more vulnerable to an attack, not less.

get over it

anyway, i remember waking up and turning on the tv and it was on (im in australia so it had already happened a few hours earlier) and watched it all morning and watched the towers collapse till i had tog o to school.

at school (i was in 3rd grade) it felt different, everything was strange. everyone was running round saying "its so cool seeing them towers fall" and stuff like little inmature kids do, not relising all the people inside.

but anyway it was 7 years ago. people need to get over it.

being in like 3rd grade, I didn't really care about the news at the time. All I cared about was the whole day school activities were canceled to watch the news. There has been other events like this in the world. Just this week someone tried to smuggle a bomb on a plane going from England to U.S.A. I'm sure we'll all remember 9/11 the rest of our lives, but it's not really that big a deal anymore. I bet Osama killed himself by now, I have no clue why we're still in Afghanistan, life goes on. We fought the good fight, for years we did, but there comes a time when you just have to forget about it and move on with your life. I didn't even realize it was 9/11 until my 3rd class yesterday.

Also the world trade center is the only target anyone cares about. Didn't one hit a pentagon, and one targeted the white house.

America isn't the only country in the world. Granted I'm from Singapore so I don't feel the same passion as you guys do but I seriously think its time to move on. Like a few others said, 9/11 was a tragic event that happened but it was not the MOST tragic that happened. Why isn't WW2 mentioned every single year despite the fact that over 6 million people died.

I may receive some heat for saying this but I feel that America is being a little arrogant by doing so, there are plenty more other events that are far worst than this yet they are little to not mentioned at all. It's been 7 years, why do we want to be reminded every single year of this event?

Edit: I researched and found out that despite it being 11 years already, the Montreal Screwjob is still being debated by a few.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

America isn't the only country in the world. Granted I'm from Singapore so I don't feel the same passion as you guys do but I seriously think its time to move on. Like a few others said, 9/11 was a tragic event that happened but it was not the MOST tragic that happened. Why isn't WW2 mentioned every single year despite the fact that over 6 million people died.

I may receive some heat for saying this but I feel that America is being a little arrogant by doing so, there are plenty more other events that are far worst than this yet they are little to not mentioned at all. It's been 7 years, why do we want to be reminded every single year of this event?

Rule 2 - Be honest, even if you're going to be hated for it.

I salute thee.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

The reason why this event is remembered over other events is because these things don't happen in the U.S I mean everyone knows people in Africa are dying because of starvation, disease and violence, but its the norm. People are used to that, people are also used to natural disasters and there have been many awful ones so that's why those aren't remembered as much. I don't think anyone could have predicted that 2 planes are going to crash into the WTC and another crash into the pentagon on September 11,2001.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

The reason why this event is remembered over other events is because these things don't happen in the U.S I mean everyone knows people in Africa are dying because of starvation, disease and violence, but its the norm. People are used to that, people are also used to natural disasters and there have been many awful ones so that's why those aren't remembered as much. I don't think anyone could have predicted that 2 planes are going to crash into the WTC and another crash into the pentagon on September 11,2001.

Its precisely why I find America arrogant. Just one (or two) events and it has got to be mentioned every single year. There are way more unsung heroes of Africa that don't get [cabbage] credit for the stuff they sacrifice for said events.

And how can you say that the Africans are "used to" said tragic events happening? Everytime an incident occurs, someone looses their loved ones and is heartbroken. There's no such crap as "Oh hey, someone died. Oh well Im used to it anyway". It may be a free world and such, but I think that we should strongly consider the feelings of others before making such comments.

Why isn't WW2 mentioned every single year despite the fact that over 6 million people died.

You don't have Remembrance Day in Singapore?

No we don't.(Well we do have a memorial for those that perished during the war but we never mention it, much less every once a year or so) The only time WW2 is being mentioned is during history lessons.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Edit: I researched and found out that despite it being 11 years already, the Montreal Screwjob is still being debated by a few.

I hardly think it's arrogance on behalf of the Americans, and I'm not one of them either.

I think the reason that 9/11 is remembered every year is that it was such a devastating single event (or series of events) on a completely civilian target. It was also utterly unexpected and unprecedented. In the case of the WTC towers, it was two of the biggest skyscrapers in the world demolished by two massive commercial air liners hijacked by fundamentalist crazies. Tons upon tons of concrete and steel rising over 400 meters into the sky demolished in a single attack. The very image of that demands an imprint on your brain; if it doesn't, then there's something wrong with you as far as I'm concerned.

When it comes to war, yes, it is tragic, and if I remember correctly over half of the casualties in WW2 were civilian, so you'd have an argument on the numbers alone. Hell, you'd probably have an argument with the numbers on a single event; I'm sure you could find some skirmish in WW2 where thousands of civilian lives were exterminated. Speaking of extermination, obviously the Holocaust comes to mind.

But as I said, I think the reason why it's such a revered date is the sheer image of those two buildings falling, i.e. there's probably an element of psychological imprint on top of the obvious tragedy.

But as I said, I think the reason why it's such a revered date is the sheer image of those two buildings falling, i.e. there's probably an element of psychological imprint on top of the obvious tragedy.

Exactly. Your post is, as much as I hate the expression (JUST KIDDING I LOVE IT), full of win.

It is very unfortunate that people lost who they liked. I mean we have to get over it not stay down and depressed over the situation.

Your mom's at her job. Oh, guess she just had to jump hundreds of feet to her death. Let's just forget about her.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Or, as the rest of the world knows it, 11/09. :twss:

To be honest, the events that happened that day didn't really affect me that much. Even the the London bombings don't make me apprehensive to get on a tube or a bus in that city. For me I don't tend to worry about things I can't control.

It's one damn day. Just [bleep] think about them. I know people who've lost family to those attacks. Nobody's asking you to cry the whole year. Think about them a couple times in one day. Think about the firefighters that went into a burning, toppling skyscraper to save people. Think of the civilians that, instead of rushing away, ran into the buildings. And think of how many died. Think of the people that had to choose between jumping hundreds of feet to their deaths or die slowly and painfully by fire and asphyxiation. Thousands of people died within four hours. That deserves remembrance and honoring. It's been almost two millennia since Jesus was crucified and then reborn, we Christians still mourn his crucifixion and celebrate his rise to Heaven, but not every single day.

Another example that has been a hot button on these forums lately: Black history month. It's been about 30 years, and we have a whole month over it. The better part of the week that will be used to commemorate this tragedy isn't going to harm you, unless thinking about the people that died and wishing their families well is just too much to ask.

Anyways, I was in second grade, and wondering why the adults were crying so much and most of my class had been taken out. I couldn't comprehend what was going on when I got home, but I could sense my family's fear and anxiety, and I was so scared I ran into my parents' room and just cried, hoping and praying that something would protect us from something that terrible. I didn't even think of the thousands and thousands of people that had been and would be affected.

Jesus was a god, or concidered to be one. Are terrorists god-like? Black history month commemorates, a few hundred years of slavery, to an entire race, and their struggle from it. I dont see why we dont have a white/brown/azn/purple history month, but im not the nations leader. 9/11 was a terrorist attack, remembering it is personal, you dont see the brits in this forum making threads about the bus bomings. Get over it, move on, heal up.

9/11 was a terrorist attack, remembering it is personal, you dont see the brits in this forum making threads about the bus bomings. Get over it, move on, heal up.

Yea, because something that affects the psyche like that is easy to get over. :roll:

warri0r45 pretty much nailed it on the head. I'm not gonna say that I have nightmares of that day, or something of the like, but I will say that the memory of the teacher turning on the tv just about a minute before the second plane hit and seeing the chaos and death will never leave my mind. I will also never get over it until osama is dead.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

I think the only people that should really be affected by this day are the ones who lost family or friends in it. Most people on these boards didn't even really comprehend the gravity of the situation when it happened. Most of you were in elementary school. Sure your teacher told you what happened, but I bet you any amount of money the next few days the talk at the lunch table over peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches was definitely NOT about the soon to be war on terror or the mechanics behind the attacks. Was it a terrible thing? Absolutely, but so are many other things that have happened to innocent civilians around the world (as stated by previous references to World War 2 and Africa) that don't get nearly as much attention as this. As a country we need to collectively get over this whole deal. I think in my lifetime my parents have only said ONCE where they were when Kennedy was assassinated, and it seems to me that when the President of the United States is killed, that's a bigger deal. The idea of extreme patriotism when something happens to your country and being massively upset about it, is quite pointless if you ask me.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I don't think there should be any urgency to forget what happened, especially not when it's wake is still part of our every day lives. 9/11 was not just a terrorist attack; it was the culmination of years of tension which was going largely unaddressed and it's important that people think about what can happen if you let that kind of ideology run amok.

I also think it's interesting that people mention things like WW2 and Africa as reasons not to dwell on this as if they made it any less terrible. Surely the problem is that people aren't thinking about the people who died in WW2 and the tsunami and whatever else, not that they are thinking about 9/11.

EDIT: I should say I wouldn't have it become a media circus like we had in the years and years and years following Princess Diana's death.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Jesus was a god, or concidered to be one. Are terrorists god-like? Black history month commemorates, a few hundred years of slavery, to an entire race, and their struggle from it. I dont see why we dont have a white/brown/azn/purple history month, but im not the nations leader. 9/11 was a terrorist attack, remembering it is personal, you dont see the brits in this forum making threads about the bus bomings. Get over it, move on, heal up.

For one thing, it's obvious you don't understand Christianity, so don't add that to an argument.

Second, Brits do commemorate the bus bombings. You don't just ignore thousands of people dying in a day like it didn't happen.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Heh, you newbs make me feel old (yes, I use the word 'newbs' to mean 'people significantly younger than I am'. You're life newbs :) ). In elementary school? Heh... I was 15. I find it very strange that there are people around now who didn't really understand what was happening when it did.

Concerning whether we should forget it. I think part of the issue is that many of the people that posted here aren't from America. Someone mentioned the 2005 tsunami and how it isn't marked any more, I'm sure that the Asians in that part of the world still mark it. So yes, Americans can't expect the rest of the world to keep marking an American tragedy.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Just like to point out all of the people telling everyone to get over it was in like 2nd grade when it happened, just found that kind of funny

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.