What makes a good friend?

n_odie

I tend to make many topics that have very strong ties with friends. That is because I really don't play Rs anymore except to hop on and hang with those I enjoy being around. I started to think, why do I enjoy these strangers from thousands of miles away? Why do they literally make the game worth playing?

My answer when I finally came down to it, is that while there is limits, they would do anything in their power to help me. I have often times played when I am feeling low and just by having a random conversation I feel up built! The same goes with Tip.it, It is sometimes hard to keep going but with help from friends I just seem to keep pushing forward. I know this is the case for many other on staff and the community!

I would really like some views from you guys on:

~What makes a good friend?

~How do you view yourself a good friend to others?

~What would you do for a friend that you met on RS?

~What do you think a friend would do for you?

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic Odie. =D> First post hehe \'

A good friend:

- Someone to trust

- Someone that you can count on

- Someone that you know will help you and other way around

- Someone that's fun to be with

- Someone that cheers you up

Me as friend:

- Dictator (GWD lol, and i am leader)

- Kind and helpful

- Can be annoying at rare ocasions

- Unexplainable (Sometimes i say "JUST FOLLOW", and thats that but i explain everything later)

- I am liked

What i do for friends on rs:

- Help them out

- Show them what i know about game

- Trust them

- Cheer them up

What they do for me:

Same as i would do for them =D>

agree with everything a good friend is whoever wrote above

also, a good friend goes out of their way to help u

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I don't really know why some of my friends are such great friends: There's just something about them. For instances, there's one frined I got (Merp, you know its you <3: ) that whenever hes on, we just talk. Like, I've lterally spent hours with him just talking; if there's one guy I'd want to meet irl, it'd be him. I can spend forever talking to this guy, and he's been there for me at times, and I've done the same for him. Honestly, I know his full name, so if I wanted, i could probably google stalk him. :-#

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Umm usually people who aren't going to do a bunch of stupid and annoying stuff just to try and present themselves as superior, boost their ego, etc. I like genuine people, who just are who they are..

Example of what NOT to do:

Like for instance, these "friends" who are like "I have like 20m more than you" when you say how much money you got... umm congratulations? Or "I used to be guild leader of wawawa and I met friends of "... not interested... Or if you say wow getting this 99 is grindy, and they're like "yeah! but I'm good at that I grinded all the way up to 99 RC"... or yet again people who keep saying lol at inappropriate moments = I particularly hate those ones. Like you say "Damn it me 2 hours to finish this quest up"..."lol"... and they say nothing else, wtf. Basically ppl who take every possible occasion to be a jerk, and try to look better than you. Those are out. And it sucks because most people are that way, I guess its a teenager boy thing.

But sometimes once in a while, someone that isn't a jerk comes up, but that's once in a blue moon(whatever long that may be). I think I've had maybe maximum 5 people in Rs I'd say were good friends. They're all gone so it kinda sucks now.

Shouldn't this be in Questionnaires, N_Odie? :-k

On Topic: For me, a good friend is someone who:

[*]Will stick up for me.

[*]Will keep me motivated.

[*]Will give me advice.

[*]Will keep me entertained.

[*]Just being nice generally.

What I try to be as a friend is:

[*]Will give support in rough times.

[*]Will aid them when necessary.

[*]Hang out with them when I can.

[*]Shout them the odd thing here and there if they are short on money.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

One that you could trust and depend on

Will stick up to me when I get flamed etc

Is fun to be with him/her

Humor them

Give them tips on how to train

I can be sarcastic when I got annoyed

If they are on a goals like 99 hunting while catching red chins or doing some goals (stationary), I will buy some alchs to alch and keep them company.

I will lend out my gears to them.

If they are running low on supplies I will give them mine, provided if they can junk trade me. Or if one is a very good friend to me and is having a goal to obtain certain expensve item, I will help him/her make a portion of the money.

Basically finanical aid to him/her.

When I help a friend or even strangers, I don't require them to pay me back or return a favour to me. But if he/she is a very good friend to me, I would require them to give me their MSN etc, so we can chat. I always try to held on to the belief that friends does not only exist when you log on and play a certain game.

Solisticez.png

I don't really know, I think its just a person whos funny, helpful and overall just a good person to be with...

And can take a joke.

I have a few friends I'd pretty much do anything for in this game....

Doomy edit: I like sheep

~What makes a good friend? (RS and Non-RS)

Someone you can trust

Someone that will actually listen to what you have to say

Someone you can laugh with

Someone who will respect you for what you say

~How do you view yourself a good friend to others?(RS and Non-RS)

I help them out when they need help

I listen to them if they want to talk

I try to do fun stuff with them whenever I can

I don't let them down when they are feeling sad/angry/whatever

I respect them for decisions they make, even when I don't agree. I let them know I disagree, but I still respect their decision.

Mostly everything I just stated and lending out items when I don't use them.

Friendship works bothways so they will do the same for me

The Ultimate Green Dragon Guide

Don't hate me, just let me ride.

Lord, just give me life.

Shouldn't this be in Questionnaires, N_Odie? :-k

I don't think so but i will ask a mod next time I see one on! :lol: The questions are to get your mind starting to flow rather than limiting to just those. May be wrong tho...

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

it is really hard to find "true" friends in runescape, most of the newer player (that start around 2 year or less ago) they would kill you so that you lost anything you had if they had the possibility to get rich.

for me a friend in runescape is someone who enjoys to have fun and can take a joke, a friend is someone who you enjoy being with doing skills or slaying monsters or just wasting time <3: i tbh a few of the people i got on my friend dont will out this creteria but those who do are "real" friend that i would do naything for(unless it meant breaking the rule ofc) these are people like x1992x(who quit) and even chia cha or von max blue who i can always say something fun to that if i send it to some other person on my friends list they would have reported me instantly becasue it would make them a mod sometime(like mod status is so hawt, no offence)

true friends are hard to find but if you get lucky you got a friend for life.

chia<33von max nub<33faart<33Flebbeh<33tif<33

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

From the 3 best friends in RS, I know I can ask any a question (well not any but you get the idea), and expect an honest answer even if it may be 'I don't know". One in particular was indespensible when I strated members since he was able to explain how things work, and gave me a decent ammount of items that I needed for quests and was having trouble aqiring them. There is another one who I rarely see, but we have a ritual greeting now and we probably have the best conversations. Then theres the one in the middel. Not so good for items but a good conversationalist and gives good advice.

I have older friends too, and we chat sometimes.

My two best friends on runescape are two people I'd go out of my way for and they'd do the same for me. I also like it when friends are in or around my age group. Just makes it easier to relate to, I guess. And they both hold up conversations well. heh, and it also helps that we share the same views on certain things. Like I hate people who are still bitter about the Dec 10 events, and I also hate people who are completely ignorant of the uses of Summoning. Like one of my friends, doesn't even like summoning but sees the uses in it and plans to Summon when he gets his fill of pking.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

After some thought, we've decided that this topic is fine sitting here where it is. While the topic title is in question format, it is definitely a discussion topic and it does concern Runescape friendship. I really love some of the well thought out responses that I have seen here and the topic has great discussion value.

To me a good friend is someone who sticks around when you're at your absolute worst point... The one who is still there when you act like a complete idiot... In RS and in the "real world."

~Turtlefemm

tip.it administrative team

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

a good friend is some 1 who can be trusted and kind to you and make you laught when he/she tell a joke also same personality would be good lol

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I have one really good friend in RS, and we seriously never speak to each other in complete sentences, or with any grammar.

It's always:

"wut yer doing pls@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@"

"slaying black demons tbh got dmed amigudnao"

"ya u gud"

I love you Will. <3:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Odie my good friend, yet another good topic.

A good friend to me, is someone that will help you when they can. I like talking to people, as most of you would know and it is through that that I have such a great friends list. Most of the people on my list will chat to you whenever you want.

Also, they'll help you if you're low etc.

Well, I can't really comment about myself, but I'll always help a friend out when needed as that's what I am there for. Friends help each other out, simple as.

Umm, strange question. I'd do anything they needed, if they want something brought to them as they're fighting, I'll usually try and get there or meet them half way.

Give them an item they needed e.g GodSword. Or, if necessary buy them the item they need if they can't afford it and lend that to them.

I wouldn't want to expect the world from my friends as I don't generally like putting people off track or what they're doing. If they've free time, I like to chat. It may be just a random conversation or something but it's always nice and can brighten up ones day.

That's just my opinions of friendship in RuneScape.

<3:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Someone that listens if you have problems, gives advice if they can and is someone you enjoy the company of.

By trying my best to do what I just wrote.

I'd help them out if they need advice on training or such, and also help them out in other ways (i.e if someone needs a Bunyip pouch on Slayer).

Help me when I need it I guess.

I have one good friend in-game that's the reason I still play RS today. Back before the trade update, we shared rares and other items and we were pretty much inseparable. We've known each other for a little over 4 years and would literally do anything for each other in RS.

It's hard to find someone that will be your friend based off of your personality alone nowadays. People seem to only want to be your friend when you have something that could directly benefit them. It's gotten to the point that the only people on my friends list are the several people that I've known for years.

~What makes a good friend? (RS and Non-RS)

-Someone you can have a converstaion with that isn't about RS

-Someone who cares about you more than a couple of pixels

-Someone who's mature and respectful