The New Shields

TheAncient

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real men still use Rune Defender. :D

+1

thats because accuracy is most important if you already have a good defense level.

The Shields are like a ZGS.

They are not practical for most activities for their price, but there are a few situations in which they excel GREATLY in over everything else. Those situations make them worth every gp they cost.

Otherwise, they aren't really worth it.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Yeah, what was Jagex thinking? Hmm let's make a shield that has a negligible chance of being dropped and make it 500m under trade price.

Actually, it was the merchers who said "let's make it 500m above trade price", not Jagex.

Nah for once (this really is the first time) i've think this item has been driven so far up by its almost impossibility to get. The drop is Incredibly rare, and the Boss is incredibly hard. Its totally unjustified how hard and rare the drop is to get, the shields themselves arent THAT good.

Really, jagex screwed up with these sheilds, they are pointless to spend the money on. Hell, you may aswell buy the best gear out there that isn't these shields, and die 10x doing whatever you would use them for.

And to the comments about 3hitu's price guesses at the top of the page, they were good guesses on what the prices would be before we found out just how rediculusly hard they are to get, based on the stats, those guesses would be right.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

i think there needs to be a "glitch" where each time there is a sig drop that 100 go into the ge, once they prices get down to ge price then Jagex can mix this overlooked "glitch"

Actually that was done with GWD if im not mistaken.

Proof:

[hide=Double GWD Drops]2hiltshs0nn8.jpg[/hide]

The first few days of GWD's release there was a "glitch" which made some drops doubled. It's not clear if it was an honest glitch or a way to quickly put the items into the game. Either way, they should have done that with sigils too, to at least put a higher ammout of them out there.

Either way, I agree that the drop rate should be slightly higher than what it is now. Super rare drops are fine, but super rare drops from an un-soloable and highly deadly monster is totally different.

dawnsigblue-3.png

i think there needs to be a "glitch" where each time there is a sig drop that 100 go into the ge, once they prices get down to ge price then Jagex can mix this overlooked "glitch"

Proof:

The first few days of GWD's release there was a "glitch" which made some drops doubled. It's not clear if it was an honest glitch or a way to quickly put the items into the game. Either way, they should have done that with sigils too, to at least put a higher ammout of them out there.

Actually it was a clanchat glitch that made users appear twice in the clanchat, at lootshare, an item given to a person would then be doubled because the person was in the clanchat twice.

If I got a sigil I'd sell it in GE lol.

you'd sell anything in the grand exchange. even if you were given 3rd age pieces. :lol: you must hate merchanting but thats not a bad thing.

Real men still use Rune Defender. :D

agrees. whip + rune defender is a single handedly the best weapon in runescape.

Divine ss makes ags's max hit 54 in pvp,

D claws max hit 63

Dds max hit 62 and

67 with d bow.

(thats all with max hit outfit 99ranged 99strength and for d bow and ags void.)

Elysian sheilds also make you use alot less food on slayer tasks letting you stay longer.

How is that not useful? :?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Proof:

Actually it was a clanchat glitch that made users appear twice in the clanchat, at lootshare, an item given to a person would then be doubled because the person was in the clanchat twice.

Wasn't GWD released in august, 2007 nearly 5 months before summoning was released In the picture is shows them having terrorbirds. and if i do remeber correctly thats when hilts weren't that rare.

Personally, I see all of them dropping below the DFS.

People buy the DFS (the demand for it) is the +strength bonus, people rather have +strength than anything else.

you haven't exactly got it right have you eh?

arcane - 70m

divine - 100m

elysian - 140m

spectral 50m

and

dfs 16m

not to mention the street price is higher, thats one thing i dont like about 3hitu these days, his ego wants everyone to believe he is right no matter what kind of a stupid guess he makes, like when bgs was supposed to rise a few months ago and they never did.

I really can't see him being any more wrong.

dragonfire shield price is 15-17 mil

compared to divine shield price, which is 1.1 bil

as well as elysian, which is just under 1 bil.

Still Thread is 5 Months old...

calzer101.png

Thanks mods I lost all my record of my 99's GF

Personally, I see all of them dropping below the DFS.

People buy the DFS (the demand for it) is the +strength bonus, people rather have +strength than anything else.

you haven't exactly got it right have you eh?

arcane - 70m

divine - 100m

elysian - 140m

spectral 50m

and

dfs 16m

not to mention the street price is higher, thats one thing i dont like about 3hitu these days, his ego wants everyone to believe he is right no matter what kind of a stupid guess he makes, like when bgs was supposed to rise a few months ago and they never did.

I really can't see him being any more wrong.

dragonfire shield price is 15-17 mil

compared to divine shield price, which is 1.1 bil

as well as elysian, which is just under 1 bil.

Still Thread is 5 Months old...

old_thread.jpg

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.