Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Charms - Not always worth picking up?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Kazel
[ Display Name History ]

Kazel

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Kaze the Ace
It's really just a matter of whether or not you want a higher summoning level. I pick up the charms all the time because I only have 54 Summoning. If you're not an avid Summoner, or you have the level you need, you might prefer to just leave them.

SLAYERGEEK

aglips
[ Display Name History ]

aglips

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Aglipoy
The only time I will leave a charm on the ground is when I'm at the metal/mith drags. D Bones and hides are more important to me.
Posted Image

BloodArgon
[ Display Name History ]

BloodArgon

Banned

• Members
  • 1,936 posts
Think of it this way.

Just because you dont have money to train summoning now, doesnt mean you shouldnt pickup charms. This is the only skill I know of that is trained like slayer, but still requires time and money. Why not just pick them up, and if you have money for them LATER, train summoning. Get your 99 slayer, and be happy, and you'll be happy knowing you saved all the charms and now have money AND charms for 99 summoning.
Posted Image
99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

hohto
[ Display Name History ]

hohto

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RSN:Hohto
  • Clan:TR
I picked up every single charm, even gold, until level 99. After that I stopped picking up gold but have picked up every other charm if I just can. Getting charms is the hardest part in summoning (oh rly?) and I don't see any reason why I'd leave them to the ground.

Slowly picking them up for people with under 99 sum is a bit like putting money to the bank. Without even noticing you're preparing to master a skill that would otherwise take quite a while or cost a lot. You don't have to use them if you don't have the money currently, but having some thousands banked before really starting the skill itself ain't that bad thing. It takes almost no efford, it costs you next to nothing and it definately will help you when/if you decide to train summoning.

For people with 99 sum, picking them up is a bit like overtraining it. I personally have gotten over 2 million extra xp (some not cashed in yet, waiting till I have enough to top 21) and what I've seen, with these xp rates (435,2 for crim for example) passive charm collecting is really fast.

So, are they worth picking up? Definately yes.
Posted Image

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

salim123
[ Display Name History ]

salim123

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
its a habit that ive gotton from classic, back when i used to pick up every bronze arrow because they were 50gp ea

now they are barely 4 and i can buy millions but i still do it anyway

Im a major packrat and pick up everything so i pick up all charms even if i dont use it. (1.5k + Charms)

Posted Image

PuppyKing
[ Display Name History ]

PuppyKing

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Minergoo
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
I pick them all up. Its nice to see a bunch of charms adding up in my bank. ;)

Fools_Taco
[ Display Name History ]

Fools_Taco

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • RSN:Fools Taco
  • Clan:Skilling Guild.
People always start training slayer and get turned off because of how slow it levels. What most of them dont see, because they tried the skill when they were around 90 combat, is the exp speeds up after a while. You have to do a bunch of quests, get some diffrent gear sets, and train a few different skills, but the slayer exp speeds up after a while.

Also, with the addition of the corpal beast it looks like jagax is adding raid content to the game. Its no stretch of imagination for them to create an uber slayer monster that you need a high slayer to attack. That just sounds like what the skill is all about to me.

And you have to be a crazy person to not pick up charms.

Eat tacos every day!

Yes_Its_Ross
[ Display Name History ]

Yes_Its_Ross

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 590 posts
Question for 99 summoners: Do you still pick up charms?
]

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo
Greens can stay on the ground if I have somethign mroe important to pick up. I've got just under 3k greens taking up bankspace :lol: I ALWAYS pick up other charms, unless I'm not paying attention and they disappear, though.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
I always pick up blue and crimsons, I never pick up gold anymore because it takes way longer and the exp is pretty pathetic. I pick up greens if I have the room also... I find greens better than crimsons in terms of cost, as with greens you can make the pouches for next to nothing if you do your homework right *stares at pages on which pouches made the least loss* ahhh.. funny how we still use maths in RS... :wall:
Posted Image

wozfe
[ Display Name History ]

wozfe

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 95 posts
I always pick up all charms I get, and I see no reason not to do it unless you're 99 summoning. Picking up a charm takes like 2 seconds extra, and a rate of 1 charm per two seconds is just amazing. Even if you intend not to train summoning, picking up charms would still be worth it, because you could change your mind later. If you train slayer and combat for a year or two without picking up charms, and then suddenly regret not picking them up, there is no way you can get charms back again at such a fast rate.
Got fire cape at the 17th of June 2006
Abyssal whip drops: 6

Money Wasted
[ Display Name History ]

Money Wasted

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • RSN:Money Wasted
i always pick up charms no matter what. id rather level up slayer a little bit slower than collecting the charms later on
Posted Image

hohto
[ Display Name History ]

hohto

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RSN:Hohto
  • Clan:TR

If you had read the whole post, you wouldn't have found at least one answer :P yes, I do still collect (and use) them.
Posted Image

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Ollyc3
[ Display Name History ]

Ollyc3

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 747 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Ollyc3
  • Clan:Divination

Yes, except for Golds (Stopped picking Golds up from 90 onwards tbh)
2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

ikbenjoey0
[ Display Name History ]

ikbenjoey0

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
I only pick up blue and crimson ;)

DieselX
[ Display Name History ]

DieselX

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 104 posts
If your level is pretty high already, only pick blue and crimson

ReapMe
[ Display Name History ]

ReapMe

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • RSN:M-Theory11
  • RSN2:Apathetic

crimsons and blues

i still have 5k gold and 4k greens in bank which i have no reason to use anymore
What?

Posted Image

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

crimsons and blues

i still have 5k gold and 4k greens in bank which i have no reason to use anymore

Why? Have you done it so many times that it's turned into an involuntary action?

~ W ~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users