Impact on Runescape after pvp worlds are released

Yomyth105

will all the pkers come back?

If someone stops playing how would they know it's back?

will the empty f2p worlds come back with full of life?

By all the empty f2p world you mean all the worlds with 30 less pkers in them? Then no.

will rs be more than just skilling?

Jagex took out the wild not the combat skills.

rs economy will be fixed or back to normal?

Economy is doing fine? Infact I'm finding it easier then ever to make money.

quit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just praying W99 isn't a PKing world.

:pray:

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I think that the release of the PvP worlds will make RS generally a much more popular game, IF, and that's a big if, Jagex makes this new PvP system a good one. If they don't, it will become what most people on here call an "Ephic Fail".

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Already tried getting my pure mage ready for the PK world updates. Problem there is what I was doing to get prepped was get the combat robes in Fist of Guthix. And well... a pure mage going against people who have 80 or so levels on you isn't going to work very well... even if you are good at running and hiding. So that idea went down the drain. Guess when things are released I'll just try and make due with what I have and see how things turn out. Not much of a pker anyways, but I at least wanted to give it a whirl when it came out.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I think that the release of the PvP worlds will make RS generally a much more popular game, IF, and that's a big if, Jagex makes this new PvP system a good one. If they don't, it will become what most people on here call an "Ephic Fail".

Like bh?

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

it will fail.. you get bones and a random drop from there inventory.. like killing an npc

And you know that how? The newspost said you wouldn't get your opponent's items, it would be too easy to cheat.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I think my problem with it is going to be that NON-pvp worlds in the F2P areas are going to be ridiculously crowded with autoers now, even more so than before, because they will have fewer worlds to play on.

In the last two months I saw like a total of 3 autoers in different worlds. I don't think it would make any difference if they were on the same world...

[404] Signature not found.

the main rwt is powerleveling at the moment anyway >.>

rewards will properly be some awsome gear like new dragon armour/weps (plate any1 :))

maybe tabs that let you cast high level spells or teleblocks

maybe a whole new spellbook as a reward? magic is in dire need of a update and maybe a rare drop would be a book thats untradable and allows to to cast awsome pk spells

new weapons might be things like zaros godswords that dissapear after 2 hours of combat with them.

i think the magic tabs are quite likely maybe as a common reward, so many people can teleblock reducing ancient magic farcasting/teleporting when in danger.

new spell ideas o.O?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

personaly i dont like pk at all.

im glad the removed the old wildy were every 1 was killing me, a few weeks after i started runescape.

i lost a lot of money in the wildy, becouse of silly players running after you trying to kill you,

reverts do this aswell but the dont keep running after you, and there not after yout items.

the only thing pkers are after are your items. the want to make money from your stuff.

i think thats sad, get skills and make money without stealing other players there items. bounty hunter is a way to gain items, couse you can shoose to go in there

if i needed to go in wildy i needed to get in there for a reason. to get items or do a clue, having enoying pple after you makes it frustrating.

i agree with it that there should be worlds were you can kill eachother, makes good spots to train better for the skillers.

a lot of prices will go up again what is good for the skillers.

annyway i wont ever come in a pk world, reverts ftw, better than 5 pple running after you trying to get your rune armor (what i can get in just 5min work)

Hello i am new to tip it.

I hope i can contribute somthing good. and have fun here.

Hurmyie.png

personaly i dont like pk at all.

im glad the removed the old wildy were every 1 was killing me, a few weeks after i started runescape.

i lost a lot of money in the wildy, becouse of silly players running after you trying to kill you,

reverts do this aswell but the dont keep running after you, and there not after yout items.

the only thing pkers are after are your items. the want to make money from your stuff.

i think thats sad, get skills and make money without stealing other players there items. bounty hunter is a way to gain items, couse you can shoose to go in there

if i needed to go in wildy i needed to get in there for a reason. to get items or do a clue, having enoying pple after you makes it frustrating.

i agree with it that there should be worlds were you can kill eachother, makes good spots to train better for the skillers.

a lot of prices will go up again what is good for the skillers.

annyway i wont ever come in a pk world, reverts ftw, better than 5 pple running after you trying to get your rune armor (what i can get in just 5min work)

you were free to enter the wildy,you didnt have to :shame:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

I think when PKing finally comes back, if it's enjoyable and liked by many of the ex-pkers the rune market and potion market will resurface.

There will be much more demand for the basic runes like Natures, Deaths and Bloods. The natures for leveling mage without gaining HP exp and the deaths + bloods will be needed barraging, nat prices will hopefully resurface above 300gp each like the old days and deaths to 350, bloods to 400 hopefully.

Super sets will probably go back to their old price of 10k per super set, Brews and restores will be bought by many of the high end pkers and group pkers.

If Jagex does screw it up then it will probably stay the way it is.

if there are no graves (which really there shouldnt be) then lots of combat equipment will completely disappear, pk'ers cant pic it up, dead guy cant pick it up, so with all the whips and rune sets totally dissapearing, if the rewards are worth it plenty of people will be doing it forcing prices of basic combat gear up quite a lot

Good point with gravestones the econemies actual change will be nihil.

but didn't they say in an update that you would actually loose your equipment when you died?

I myself might play Runescape a bit more if I like the update,

now the only thing I do is merchanting trough the ge ::' .

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

if there are no graves (which really there shouldnt be) then lots of combat equipment will completely disappear, pk'ers cant pic it up, dead guy cant pick it up, so with all the whips and rune sets totally dissapearing, if the rewards are worth it plenty of people will be doing it forcing prices of basic combat gear up quite a lot

but didn't they say in an update that you would actually loose your equipment when you died?

It's been my understanding that should one person die to another, they will drop their items in the same manner as it was with the old Wilderness, skulling and everything, but the items dropped will disappear altogether and replaced with the rewards based on the impressiveness of the kill, which the victorious player picks up.

Gravestones are illogical, unless the victorious player must destroy it to receive their reward.

The economy will change massively , but for the better.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's been my understanding that should one person die to another, they will drop their items in the same manner as it was with the old Wilderness, skulling and everything, but the items dropped will disappear altogether and replaced with the rewards based on the impressiveness of the kill, which the victorious player picks up.

Gravestones are illogical, unless the victorious player must destroy it to receive their reward.

But keep in mind that it will only change for the better if jagex finds out how to give accurate drops, I would want more from killing a level 100+ players in full guthans or something to that effect, then say 200k

Rejected.jpg

But keep in mind that it will only change for the better if jagex finds out how to give accurate drops, I would want more from killing a level 100+ players in full guthans or something to that effect, then say 200k

Good point. I was assuming that Jagex will get this right, which can be a terrible mistake. I'll re-phrase:

Should the PvP worlds become a popular replacement for Wilderness PKing, the economy will change massively, but for the better.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sick of hearing how the RuneScape economy is "bad" right now, and that pvp will make it "better". So what your all greedy and don't blink after throwing 20 million at herblore. If you think thats bad, then I hope you realize the YOU are the ones making the price of herbs go up and pots go down.

You can say the the economy is bad, but I say how? Its just different. Is different bad?

Prism_Swords.png

That's like saying it's not a bad thing if you have to pay someone to work for them instead of having them pay you, it's just 'different'. There's a general concept that working should bring money out there.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I am sure there will be bugs and a bunch of people upset with this update no matter how amazing Jagex makes it, but I feel that the impacts will be significant.

Food, Armor, Weapons, Potions, and every combat related item will go up a bit in price after people start having to buy back items lost in PvP on top of the training for some of the combat skills.

I've never been a huge PK'er but now that I'm almost maxed out in Melee, I am going to need something to keep me entertained and I feel Jagex will follow through well with this update.