~ Troacctid's Woodcutting Guide ~

Troacctid

I have updated my guide with new information on dropping teaks with a new dropping method that can get really fast experience. ::'

Very nice guide! :thumbsup: 9/10- more pictures! Everyone <3: pictures ::'

Problem is.. I hate Woodcutting :D

Pictures, yeah yeah, I know. :P "The check's in the mail," I assented. Anyway, glad you liked it!

Pretty nice guide you got here, I'm sure I'll try some of your methods. Until today I've been using yews from approxmatically 70, always at a location very few people know, so here's a tip:

Tree: Yew Tree

Woodcutting level: 86

Type of axe: Dragon Axe

Test length: A few months

Number of logs chopped: I dunno -.-

Woodcutting experience: About 3,9m xp

Firemaking experience: Almost 13,4m, not applicable

I got a tip for a new location, which is pretty good in my opinion. South of Piscatoris Fishing Colony, near Eagle's Peak there's about 8-10 yew trees fairly close to eachother. When you've done Swan Song quest you have acces to a bank and you can get a free boat ride from Kathy Corkat, to the area and back to the bank. In the months I've been chopping here nobody joined me (unless I invited someone) AND (very important) I never got any teleportation randoms or any Tree Spirit or Haunted Tree random. I guess these are disabled because it's near a Hunter Area.

I hope this info can be helpful, this guide certainly was.

~Masky~

PS, W22 Fishy Team ftw <3:

I certainly appreciate the test, but I don't really know what to do with a timeframe of "a few months," so I don't think I can use it. :?

I have heard of the Piscatoris spot before, and I gave it a look-see a while back. I thought it was a little too far from a bank for my taste, but since you put so much stock in it, I'll need to give it a second look the next time it crosses my mind. In my opinion, it sort of negates the only advantage yews have over eucs (that is, their accessibility) if you're gonna use this spot...after all, if you can do the Swan Song quest and you're willing to travel all the way out to remote Piscatoris, you should certainly be able to do As a First Resort and travel to Oo'glog. But then again, I could say the same of the Rimmington yews. So I'll check it out again.

Gracias por la alabanza (thanks for the praise), and W22 Fishy Team is indeed ftw. :thumbsup:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention this, but Eucs aren't that good any more. There is 1 person every 2 worlds, and there is just too much supply for the (unknown) demand. I tried selling ~4k Eucs, took a whole day to sell at min. They're going downnnnnn.

On the bright side, that means I'm getting a wide readership. And I already sold all of mine. \'

A little over 2 months in total, but I took lots of days "off"

overall I find it pretty enjoyable, especially as there are no teleport nor specific woodcutting-related randoms and there are no other woodcutters whatsoever (place is a bit underrated at peak times imo).

I prefer gnomes when it's not too busy, but when it gets busy I mostly leave for Piscatoris, close fairy ring is AKQ btw.

~Masky~

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~

People need a guide to wc? :lol:

Ahwell good guide. Well thought out. You should mention wcing oaks til 40 is better than willows, even for money :shame:

And the inferno adze is just as bad as the rune axe, if not as bad, even worse! Unless you want to fm them too.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

People need a guide to wc? :lol:

Ahwell good guide. Well thought out. You should mention wcing oaks til 40 is better than willows, even for money :shame:

And the inferno adze is just as bad as the rune axe, if not as bad, even worse! Unless you want to fm them too.

Judging by the number of players I still see chopping willows or maples or magics, I guess people do need a guide. ;)

I think I did mention that oaks are better for money, but they're not faster experience, at least not in my testing. You'd need to be able to chop them at 1.8x the speed of willows just to match the same speed, and I was unable to do that. But since that's twice now I've heard such good things about oaks, I guess it merits further testing in the future. Trouble is, I still don't know the best spots for oaks. -.-

As for the adze, it chops at the same speed as a dragon axe, and the logs it incinerates still give you the full amount of experience. That means you can get the logs at the same speed, but spend less time banking/dropping/lighting/whatever...hence more time chopping, and therefore faster experience.

and another way to quickly drop teaks would be to bring a familiar with a BoB (terrorbird or higher preferred), deposit the teaks into the inventory and dissmiss the familar.

You'd need a new pouch each time you dismissed it. That's kind of a pain. I don't think I'd recommend that.

A little over 2 months in total, but I took lots of days "off"

overall I find it pretty enjoyable, especially as there are no teleport nor specific woodcutting-related randoms and there are no other woodcutters whatsoever (place is a bit underrated at peak times imo).

I prefer gnomes when it's not too busy, but when it gets busy I mostly leave for Piscatoris, close fairy ring is AKQ btw.

~Masky~

I was thinking time in hours, actually. #-o

I have to agree about the randoms. I really hate ents. Another plus for the inferno adze.

Forgot to mention this, but Eucs aren't that good any more. There is 1 person every 2 worlds, and there is just too much supply for the (unknown) demand. I tried selling ~4k Eucs, took a whole day to sell at min. They're going downnnnnn.

On the bright side, that means I'm getting a wide readership. And I already sold all of mine. \'

Forgot to mention this, but probably the reason they're dropping is because they're really expensive now. They peaked at 418 gp, which I believe is an all-time high. So it's quite likely that it's only a cyclical thing...they made a pretty big jump a few weeks ago, so they're correcting back down again.

Rune wc axe is 10% slower than d axe i've heard, meaning that adze is 10% better and burns 25% of the logs, I think that means rune axe wins.

I'm looking at a banking for money point of view. Thats what woodcutting is about, anyway

Adze loses 25% more logs than Dragon WC Axe, via burning

Rune loses 10% more logs than Dragon WC Axe, via slowness.

Rune wins.

I'm looking at a banking for money point of view. Thats what woodcutting is about, anyway

Adze loses 25% more logs than Dragon WC Axe, via burning

Rune loses 10% more logs than Dragon WC Axe, via slowness.

Rune wins.

No, because you still get experience for the 25% of logs that get incinerated. So, the inferno adze gives faster experience. You shouldn't look at it from a money standpoint, because woodcutting isn't a good moneymaking skill anyway, and in any case you certainly wouldn't be using the inferno adze to chop magic or yew logs in the first place. If you're using it on teaks or willows, it means you're not in it for the profit anyway, so it doesn't matter.

And if you have a source for that 10%, that would be nice too, because I don't.

Rumour has it its by 10 percent. I trust level 120s , specially the mod ones,

And I dont think you're meant to cut logs and drop them. Woodcutting was made to fuel firemaking and fletching, not dropping to 99 dropping ftw.

And I dont think you're meant to cut logs and drop them. Woodcutting was made to fuel firemaking and fletching, not dropping to 99 dropping ftw.

Rumours are stupid. Players are stupid. Mods are stupid. 120's are stupid.

I'm 133 combat, but does that give me any more credibility than a level 80? In Runescape, it shouldn't. And you only get 25% firemaking xp for the log incinerated? That sucks. Still, if you're powercutting it saves time as you don't need to drop them. A win-win situation.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Well if you're fueling firemaking and fletching, then there you go. It burns the logs for you automatically. Train your firemaking even faster. ;)

Be careful though not to judge players by their combat level. After all, I am level 110...if a level 138 came along and told you willows are the fastest woodcutting experience, who would you believe? :shame: Mod-ness doesn't indicate any special knowledge of game mechanics either, just the rules of conduct. (Unless it's a Jagex mod, in which case they probably do know quite a bit about game mechanics. :geek:)

And you only get 25% firemaking xp for the log incinerated? That sucks.

You get the same experience you would have gotten if you lit it with a tinderbox. 25% is supposedly how often your logs are burnt, although I have yet to confirm that figure.

k lemme elaborate,

I'd rather trust someone that has barely ever been wrong to me over the last year, who is also a mod than a level 80 person with a granite body, d legs, d long, and d med. :lol: :P

Rune axe is 10-20% slower/worse than D axe, rumours and apparent tests.

And when I said fueling firemaking I meant for other people. \'

And Kent I didnt think you'd be biased to lower levels til i read yer guide, but level 3s can be mods. You're just saying the same thing that level 50s cant be experienced. Other accounts? Skilling more than combat? 50 cause of pure mage maybeh?

k lemme elaborate,

I'd rather trust someone that has barely ever been wrong to me over the last year, who is also a mod than a level 80 person with a granite body, d legs, d long, and d med. :lol: :P

Rune axe is 10-20% slower/worse than D axe, rumours and apparent tests.

And when I said fueling firemaking I meant for other people. \'

And Kent I didnt think you'd be biased to lower levels til i read yer guide, but level 3s can be mods. You're just saying the same thing that level 50s cant be experienced. Other accounts? Skilling more than combat? 50 cause of pure mage maybeh?

If this game wasn't Runescape, I would have been biased. Sadly, the community is full of idiots and babies.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

And biased people :P :P :D

lol. Be thankful it isnt wow. :wall:

Anyway back onto discussion properstyle?

I said rumour because its kinda hard to accurately estimate the percentage of logs lost between rune and dragon, its pretty much impossible.

And biased people :P :P :D

lol. Be thankful it isnt wow. :wall:

Anyway back onto discussion properstyle?

I said rumour because its kinda hard to accurately estimate the percentage of logs lost between rune and dragon, its pretty much impossible.

Actually, a few hours of testing on the same logs at the same level and location for each axe ought to do the trick nicely.

Go for it. Rune axes are only 8k lol.

If you can, see the Adze versus Rune axe aswell. may look ubercool but not for the yew/magic cutters

This guide is AMAZING.

Good job man. =D>

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

This guide is AMAZING.

Good job man. =D>

Thanks!

Go for it. Rune axes are only 8k lol.

If you can, see the Adze versus Rune axe aswell. may look ubercool but not for the yew/magic cutters

No thanks! :lol:

I don't really wanna test the rune axe, because I don't feel I need to prove the dragon axe is better. It just is, and you really can't argue with that. I mean after all, they've gone down tremendously in recent months, and you can always resell them for at worst a minimal loss.