2011/12 Football Season

Phil

I'm shocked, and a little bit disgusted. I love Suarez and I love Liverpool. But I just can't even try to defend his actions there, and I don't think anyone can. Sure, you might do stupid things in the heat of the moment, but you never go ahead and bite another player.

Bleh... Many people are already calling for him to be sold this summer, but I can't agree with that. He's among the 5 best players in the world right now. But what he just did now, I don't even know how to describe how that makes me feel.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

tbh liverpool were shocking today, with another ref they'd be lucky to finish with 8 men, how they had 11 is beyond me, and tbh, after already serving a 7 match ban for the same thing suarez should get banned for at least a season from all types of football, if you did that in the street you'd get arrrested and there's no footballing argument that can change that, he's an absolute disgrace

baileydafrog.png

It's not for me to judge whether the club should sell him. I know other examples of sportsmen and women being sacked/sold/banned for far less. But it's their choice.

Surely, it's questionable how useful a top five world player really is if he's going to get banned for eight matches due to racist abuse, and potentially another long run of matches for biting another player. Liverpool needed Suarez in the final games of the season, and the start of next season, as they look to chase down Everton and end the season with as many points as they can. This afternoon, he put his manager in an extremely difficult position, and may have just cost himself, his teammates and his fans of that opportunity.

Is that really the expected behaviour of a top-class player, playing for one of the biggest sporting franchises in the world? I wouldn't have said so, personally.

Compare his attitude to the attitude showed by Sturridge, for example. I thought Sturridge played an amazing game and his presence instantly changed Liverpool's fortunes in the second half.

• Like 1

Sturridge was a complete gamechanger. Chelski most likely would have walked all over us if it wasn't for his instant impact.

But on the topic of Suarez, I don't want him to leave at all, but I'd understand if he wanted to leave. He has basically carried Liverpool on his back for the last 2 years. But I don't agree with people at all saying that he should be sold. Cantona kicked a random observer in the stadium, Terry slept with a teammates wife/girlfriend, but I don't recall them being sold due to that.

I'm certain that Suarez knows he [bleep]ed up bad for himself, and more importantly for the club.

The racist row is irrelevant in this matter, since we all know there are two sides to that story.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

"random observer", if you abuse somebody personally where they are in reach of you then expect no retaliation you're an idiot, a high wage doesnt make you any less human, racially abusing somebody and throwing things at them and thinking that because you're in a crowd it's fine, especially after running down the stand to do it. there's a reason the fan got his season ticket taken off him. with john terry, it's never been admitted nor proven, just speculation and rumours, who knows the truth other than the 2 in question

as for suarez he shouldnt get sold, but he deserves a lengthy ban, after 7 game ban abroad, any less here will be seen as the fa being soft, the same and it will look like he's being treated as it's a one off, any arguements about "defoe got away with a yellow" doesnt really could, i'd just the joke of how the whole "ref saw it, that's dealt with" rules of the fa, or fifa? uefa? best striker in the league by far, shame he's a total douche

baileydafrog.png

So, Barcelona vs Bayern game tomorrow. I'm very excited for this, I feel that it'll be a great match.

As a Barcelona fan I honestly hope they don't concede two or more goals, because that'd be pretty bad, almost impossible to catch up with Bayern's current form. If the results stays level (1-1, 2-2) then that'd be a pretty good situation before a game at Camp Nou.

What are your guys' opinions/predicitons? I predict a result of 1-1, but we'll see.

terravir.png

So, Barcelona vs Bayern game tomorrow. I'm very excited for this, I feel that it'll be a great match.

As a Barcelona fan I honestly hope they don't concede two or more goals, because that'd be pretty bad, almost impossible to catch up with Bayern's current form. If the results stays level (1-1, 2-2) then that'd be a pretty good situation before a game at Camp Nou.

What are your guys' opinions/predicitons? I predict a result of 1-1, but we'll see.

so long as you get an away goal i think you'll win, even 3-1 would be a good result, they're an amazing team but arsenal proved how bad they can be if they concede, either way i think the madrid game will be better

baileydafrog.png

Bayern playing the way they did tonight... how did they manage to [bleep] up the Champions League Final last season? :-s

Drogba.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

My god, Dortmund were absolutely amazing tonight. Real didn't even know what hit them. Looks like an all German final at Wembley, that's very interesting and exciting. :P

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Wonder how much money i'd made on betting 100€ for 7-0 total lol...

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Great final, personally, I think the only team that could have beaten Bayern this year would have been Real Madrid, such a shame the bowed out.

Interestingly, the two (Bayern and Dortmund) play today, it'll be very interesting to see who wins that, I think whoever wins that will win the Wembley final.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's harsh at all, he's a [bleep]ing animal.

On another note, David Beckham retired today.. Another notch in the belt of my childhood, RIP.

• Like 1

Di Canio swinging the axe:

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

• 1 year later...