Phil

2011/12 Football Season

City for the league cup <3:

And I hope we do alright in the Champions league aswell.

This is Liverpool's year 8-) Should be a good couple of games anyway :-P

Aren't City practically out of the Champion's League?

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

City for the league cup <3:

And I hope we do alright in the Champions league aswell.

This is Liverpool's year 8-) Should be a good couple of games anyway :-P

Aren't City practically out of the Champion's League?

Still have a small chance to qualify, based on goal difference I think.

Champions League Draw:

Lyon v APOEL Nicosia

Napoli v Chelsea

AC Milan v Arsenal

Basel v Bayern Munich

Bayer Leverkusen v Barcelona

CSKA Moscow v Real Madrid

Zenit St Petersburg v Benfica

Marseille v Inter Milan

Europa League Draw:

Porto v Manchester City

Ajax v Manchester United

Lokomotiv Moscow v Athletic Bilbao

Salzburg v Metallist Kharkiv

Stoke v Valencia

Rubin Kazan v Olympiakos

AZ Alkmaar v Anderlecht

Steaua Bucharest v Twente

Viktoria Plzen v Schalke

Wisla Krakow v Standard Liege

Braga v Besiktas

Udinese v PAOK Salonika

Trabzonspor v PSV Eindhoven

Hannover v Brugge

Legia Warsaw v Sporting Lisbon

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Champions League Draw:

Lyon v APOEL Nicosia

Napoli v Chelsea

AC Milan v Arsenal

Basel v Bayern Munich

Bayer Leverkusen v Barcelona

CSKA Moscow v Real Madrid

Zenit St Petersburg v Benfica

Marseille v Inter Milan

Europa League Draw:

Porto v Manchester City

Ajax v Manchester United

Lokomotiv Moscow v Athletic Bilbao

Salzburg v Metallist Kharkiv

Stoke v Valencia

Rubin Kazan v Olympiakos

AZ Alkmaar v Anderlecht

Steaua Bucharest v Twente

Viktoria Plzen v Schalke

Wisla Krakow v Standard Liege

Braga v Besiktas

Udinese v PAOK Salonika

Trabzonspor v PSV Eindhoven

Hannover v Brugge

Legia Warsaw v Sporting Lisbon

Unsure about some of the pickings. And it's so far ahead, depends on form and injuries. Milan - Arsenal, Napoli - Chelsea, Zenit - Benfica and Marseille - Inter, feel like the most uncertain in CL.

Shakhtars exit was a really big surprise to me i have to say.

On another note, finally some good news from Everton with Donovan.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Looks like all the English teams drew just about the hardest opposition they could have.

Pretty much, though I haven't seen much of Ajax this season.

Unsure about some of the pickings. And it's so far ahead, depends on form and injuries. Milan - Arsenal, Napoli - Chelsea, Zenit - Benfica and Marseille - Inter, feel like the most uncertain in CL.

Shakhtars exit was a really big surprise to me i have to say.

On another note, finally some good news from Everton with Donovan.

Yeah I thought Shakhtar would've done well. Donovan should be a decent addition for Everton.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Well, we all know the big clubs don't care about the FA Cup any more. A captain sent off, three or four controversial game-changing decisions, five goals, Scholes coming out of retirement. Neither team giving it their all obviously.

FA Cup 4th round draw:

1 Brighton & Hove Albion or Wrexham v Newcastle United

2 Sunderland v Middlesbrough

3 Dagenham & Redbridge or Millwall v Southampton

4 Hull City v Crawley Town

5 MK Dons or Queens Park Rangers v Chelsea

6 West Bromwich Albion v Norwich City

7 Blackpool v Sheffield Wednesday

8 Arsenal or Leeds United v Aston Villa

9 Stevenage v Notts County

10 Watford v Tottenham Hotspur

11 Liverpool v Manchester United

12 Derby County v Stoke City

13 Everton v Fulham

14 Macclesfield Town or Bolton Wanderers v Swansea City

15 Sheffield United v Birmingham City or Wolverhampton Wanderers

16 Nottingham Forest or Leicester City v Swindon Town

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Just back from Anfield, we're going to Wembley! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Triple-post I guess :razz:

FA Cup 5th Round Draw:

Liverpool v Brighton

Everton v Blackpool or Sheffield Wednesday

Chelsea v Birmingham

Crawley v Stoke

Stevenage v Tottenham

Norwich v Leicester

Sunderland or Middlesbrough v Arsenal or Aston Villa

Millwall or Southampton v Bolton

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Luis Suarez welcomes himself back after an eight game ban by eye gouging Parker then kicking him. Cretin. Then Dalglish has the nerve to say he should never have been out in the first place. :rolleyes:

Luis Suarez welcomes himself back after an eight game ban by eye gouging Parker then kicking him. Cretin. Then Dalglish has the nerve to say he should never have been out in the first place. :rolleyes:

The kick was stupid (if he meant it) and could have been a red card (again, if he meant it). I didn't see any eye gouging at all to be honest, could've missed it though. Without wanting to get into a big debate, personally, after looking through the report etc. I also feel he shouldn't have been banned. I would never defend racism, and If I thought he was racist/had intentionally and properly racially abused Evra I would fully back any punishment given, and not want him anywhere near the club, but I believe otherwise.

Anyway, 0-0 is not a bad result vs Spurs, but I felt we should've won.

Edit:

suarezz1upo.gif

Doesn't look intentional to me (still foolish though). On further viewings I'm not sure at all to be honest :razz:

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Dalglish, Suarez, Blatter, Capello, Terry, the Chelsea fans shouting at Rio, the United fan last week who got charged, the Liverpool fans wearing those t-shirts at Wigan... I look at other sports and I just wonder where the hell football is at with these guys. How on earth you can even attempt to reason or make excuses for what Suarez and Terry have been banned and charged for respectively baffles me. If I made the comments those two made to my colleagues, as they did to Evra and Ferdinand, it wouldn't even go to a tribunal, I'd be sacked by the end of the day. But because they're involved in football, it's reasonable, it's being caught up in "the heat of the moment"... it's crazy.

[hide=This is the eye gouging]AlAIjpMCIAEQDtz.jpg

You really have to wonder why his hand was on his face in the first place. I've know way of knowing if he meant to make contact with the eyes, but I do know that his hand has no right to be there.[/hide]

Dalglish, Suarez, Blatter, Capello, Terry, the Chelsea fans shouting at Rio, the United fan last week who got charged, the Liverpool fans wearing those t-shirts at Wigan... I look at other sports and I just wonder where the hell football is at with these guys. How on earth you can even attempt to reason or make excuses for what Suarez and Terry have been banned and charged for respectively baffles me. If I made the comments those two made to my colleagues, as they did to Evra and Ferdinand, it wouldn't even go to a tribunal, I'd be sacked by the end of the day. But because they're involved in football, it's reasonable, it's being caught up in "the heat of the moment"... it's crazy.

[hide=This is the eye gouging]AlAIjpMCIAEQDtz.jpg[/hide]

I didn't see that (the eye gouging). Again, if intentional, not nice to see at all.

Another thing to add about the game, Andy Carroll is slowly but surely getting better, great to see him putting effort in now, whereas before he looked like he didn't care. Still a long way to go for him, but the last few games have been promising at least.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Fantastically boring game tonight, except for the cat.

Oh well, Everton story continues... Win against the worlds richest club, and the next time draw against the club who's last.

I think Darron will prove to be a good buy. One of the best shots in the league, 'we' need that. Will be interesting to see how the new guy from Rangers fairs.

Chelsea next weekend, and i predict 6-0 to Everton.

According to the Italian press he left because he felt the FA were undermining him. I know Harry had been linked to the job for some time now but I'm wondering if he'd still be interested considering where Spurs are now. He isn't far from cementing them as a regular top 4 team imo and I wonder if he'd rather see that through.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

I'd like to say I'm surprised but, once he made that interview to the Italian broadcaster, his position was completely untenable without some serious backtracking, which I think we all know Capello isn't very capable of doing. I'm not sure how to judge his legacy; an appalling bad World Cup campaign, sandwiched by brilliant performances both before and after the tournament in friendlies and Euro qualifiers, including a win against the best international team in the world in what proved to be his penultimate game, punctuated by aloof and very careless responses to the Terry-Bridge affair, Rio Ferdinand's brief captaincy, and now the Terry-Anton Ferdinand dispute.

Great manager who, when tested, failed to provide the goods? I was hoping this year's Euro tournament would give him a chance to prove otherwise against Germany, the Netherlands and Spain. It's a shame he's basically talked himself out of that opportunity.

As for Harry... Spurs won't let him go cheaply, especially if they can be assured of Champions League money with a top four finish.

EDIT: Just noticed:

[...] punctuated by aloof and very careless responses to the Terry-Bridge affair, Rio Ferdinand's brief captaincy, and now the Terry-Anton Ferdinand dispute.

Strange how three different problems come down to the same person, isn't it?

Edited by Ginger_Warrior

I've just recieved an email saying that I have been successful in the ballot for getting a ticket to the Carling Cup final :thumbsup: It will be the first final I've attended so I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately however my dad didn't get a ticket.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Go Cardiff! :P

Abysmal by Liverpool today, well deserved by United. Stewart Downing in particular offered nothing, I try and back players as much as I can but he has shown nothing since signing. Overall a disgusting 'performance'.

And I may as well mention it, the hand-shake should probably have been removed (as it was with Chelsea vs QPR, I believe) to keep the focus on the game. However, as it wasn't, Suarez should have shaken Evra's hand, regardless of him feeling wronged etc. as he represents Liverpool Football Club, and as such should show respect. Evra also should not have celebrated as he did so close to Suarez (I can't really have any complaints that he celebrates like that in general, but so close to Suarez wasn't needed). Both sides could have dealt with it with a lot more dignity (including certain post-match comments).

I hope things will begin to calm down now, but that's not very likely.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

The Evra-Suarez row is an irrelevence. If Liverpool want to carry on paying his wages, then that's up to them, however, we don't have to play Liverpool again until August at the very earliest, and inbetween now and then, United have a Premier League title to win or lose. The focus therefore should be on three points well-earned, and a six month break for this issue to settle down.

There are bigger things in this world than Luis Suarez, and it's about time everyone concerned behaved like it.

Agreed, I'd rather focus on the actual football. Liverpool were set-up very poorly, I don't understand, for instance, why Carroll didn't start after (relatively) good recent performances. He may well not have had a massive effect, but had done nothing to deserve being dropped, whereas Downing has done nothing to justify his selection.

Man united played well and deserved the win, I was particularly impressed with Valencia.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Very pleased with Spurs 5-0 win over Newcastle, showed a cutting edge that we have lacked in same games this season. Louis Saha looked sharp as well, very impressive home debut.