iFail

Kill_Thomas9

I wouldn't know any difference between good and bad sound, I have only ever used the Default iPod Headphones when listening to music. Why spend money if the current Head Phones work fine?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I wouldn't know any difference between good and bad sound, I have only ever used the Default iPod Headphones when listening to music. Why spend money if the current Head Phones work fine?

You would know if you used anything different.

Anyway, take your iPod headphones, and connect them to anything other than your iPod that has music on it (guitar amps and such don't count) and listen to the same song on both the iPod and the other device. You'll see the difference (and even more so if you use non-apple headphones/earbuds).

And yeah, apple ear buds are horrible.

Honestly, they should merge the iPod and iPhone together and make one big product.

Just curious.. Do you have any clue what features an iPhone has besides being able to call people? The iPhone seems to me to be the iTouch with all the features of a phone packed into it (though I've never really compared the features of each).

Honestly, they should merge the iPod and iPhone together and make one big product.

Just curious.. Do you have any clue what features an iPhone has besides being able to call people? The iPhone seems to me to be the iTouch with all the features of a phone packed into it (though I've never really compared the features of each).

Overpriced crap. You can get much better for less.

I don't own one because I'm a poor man, so I just guessed. What I basically mean is that they should have all of the functionality of an iPod mixed into an iPhone. Maybe to boost profits, they can also sell memory cards.

j0xPu5R.png

Anyway, take your iPod headphones, and connect them to anything other than your iPod that has music on it (guitar amps and such don't count) and listen to the same song on both the iPod and the other device. You'll see the difference (and even more so if you use non-apple headphones/earbuds).

I tried it, and didn't notice the difference. In fact, listening to music on my computer through the Phillips wireless headphones that I have is slightly inferior in quality to listening to my iPod with Bose earbuds.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

The biggest fail of the iPod is that it doesn't have a custom equalizer. The original settings make the sound quite flat. I like more dynamic high sounds, and a full bass, and the iPod lacks them.

And no, better headphones will not cover everything. It's true that headphones are usually the bottleneck.. but if you have some decent headphones, and you compare an iPod with a Cowon-player customized to your preferences, then the iPod is nowhere.

@assassin: talking about marketing.. those Bose-earbuds are also way overpriced. You pay for the brand, just like with Apple.

Edit: Oh, I would just like to point out that the sounds quality of the iPod isn't bad. Not at all. It just ain't top notch, and you can get better products for the same price.

I don't own one because I'm a poor man, so I just guessed. What I basically mean is that they should have all of the functionality of an iPod mixed into an iPhone. Maybe to boost profits, they can also sell memory cards.

iPhone has all the functionality of an iPod and more, anything you can do with an iPod you can do with an iPhone. I do agree that the one thing it does not have is as much storage space as iPods.

prospektssigza4.jpg

iPhones basically have a built in iPod. Also, you don't need to be rich or own a product to know the features of a product. I'm very poor and don't own an iPhone yet I know this. Also memory cards are a bad idea imo. Built in memory is better for the consumer because you don't need to buy "extras" to get your product to work at an acceptable level.

Hmm, for some strange reason I thought this was a rant for an iPhone.

WAT

[hide=]1st Product: iPod Touch

-Safari

-Calendar

-Mail

-Contacts

-Youtube

-Stocks

-Maps

-Weather

-Calculator

-Clock

-Notes

-App Store

-Settings

-Music

-Videos

-Photos

-iTunes

2nd Product: iPhone

All the features of the iPod Touch + Phone, Text and Camera.

That seems like an iPod and an iPhone merged together to me. Here's it's menu screen in case you're wondering: http://iphone.macworld.com/images/2007/09/hack3.jpg[/hide]

On the note of the iPods having having poor sound quality, I had a 2G Nano and now I have a iTouch. The Apple earbuds sucked, but once I switched to in-ear headphones, the sound quality was more than enough for me. I haven't noticed it having worse quality than any other mp3 player on the market. Of course you could be nitpicky, and say that MP3 sucks, and the only acceptable audio format is Vinyl...whatever. iPod's audio quality is perfect for an average user, you'd have to be a real music aficionado to notice anything, and even then I'm doubtful.

rickastleywh7.png

On the note of the iPods having having poor sound quality, I had a 2G Nano and now I have a iTouch. The Apple earbuds sucked, but once I switched to in-ear headphones, the sound quality was more than enough for me. I haven't noticed it having worse quality than any other mp3 player on the market. Of course you could be nitpicky, and say that MP3 sucks, and the only acceptable audio format is Vinyl...whatever. iPod's audio quality is perfect for an average user, you'd have to be a real music aficionado to notice anything, and even then I'm doubtful.

The entire "sound quality sucks" thing is more related to the original iPod than the flash based iPod such as the iPod touch, the iPhone, and the nano.

You failed to mention that in your first post, so I assumed you meant all the iPods.

You wrote that apple puts accelerometers and gimmicks in their iPods, when the sound quality still sucks. The only iPods that have an accelerometer are the flash based ones (Nano, Touch), where according to you, there are no noticable problems with the sound.

rickastleywh7.png

You failed to mention that in your first post, so I assumed you meant all the iPods.

You wrote that apple puts accelerometers and gimmicks in their iPods, when the sound quality still sucks. The only iPods that have an accelerometer are the flash based ones (Nano, Touch), where according to you, there are no noticable problems with the sound.

I did mean all iPods, but it applies more to non-flash based iPods. Maybe my ears are just special and can tell the difference.