Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

Foooman
[ Display Name History ]

Foooman

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
stuff

And my last note: I really, really hate slayer guides because you will never be able to cover every way to kill something; that's the beauty of slayer. Sure there are faster methods, but maybe someone is looking for range exp or mage xp instead of melee xp, or they want raw speed ignoring costs, or they are looking for the cheapest possible way to gain slayer xp to maximize profits.
Posted Image

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
Lol, I took off most of those things because of their sheer inefficiency. And this is a slayer guide to end all slayer guides.

And thanks for those suggestions, I'll look into it.

EDIT: Oops, meant to say this is not a slayer guide to end all slayer guides, lol.
[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]
Posted Image

Maulmachine
[ Display Name History ]

Maulmachine

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:maulmachine
Hey Kent nice guide!, due me a favor plug it into word and fix your grammar errors after adding all the city names into the dictionary correctly. 9/10

I have a suggestion for dealing with revs, I call it the glass of water method, what you do is you run until you can log out, if your tele blocked, use the glass of water method! Log then go get a glass of water,drink it, check the time then walk back into the room where your computer is, the clock that determines how much time is left on your teleblock runs while you are logged out, it lasts around 2 minutes.

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers
Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets
Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)
Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
So the timer still continues when you log?

And more importantly, I have this very important message. I posted it as my second paragraph of my guide, but I'll post it here.

Before the introduction! Read first! I have decided what kind of guide I want this to be. Please don't expect me to have unneccesary pictures of every single inventory, item, ect. If it will supplement the guide and help the understanding of it, sure, it will be added. I'm a firm believer that humans will be able to understand my sample inventory through text, lol. This will also greatly shorten the loading time, and make actual important pictures be visible. (Too many pictures can cause a picture showing a red "x" instead of the real picture)
Posted Image

sup3rpur
[ Display Name History ]

sup3rpur

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 413 posts

Might want to mention that if you have a slayer mask, you can kill fire giants in the smokey well. Its not better than the chaos tunnels, but the ct gets crowded at peak times, and if you're def is pretty low, and 3 fire giants are teaming up on you, that could really mess you up.

ive never seen another person at fire giants in the chaos tunnels
Posted Image
Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace
Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

Might want to mention that if you have a slayer mask, you can kill fire giants in the smokey well. Its not better than the chaos tunnels, but the ct gets crowded at peak times, and if you're def is pretty low, and 3 fire giants are teaming up on you, that could really mess you up.

ive never seen another person at fire giants in the chaos tunnels

Really? I see them all the time... but definetely not enough to go to Smokey well. The smokey well is Dharokable, but it's not that much faster... if any at all. Better off just pietying with a whip.
Posted Image

sup3rpur
[ Display Name History ]

sup3rpur

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 413 posts
directly north of the zammy mage is another rift you can go in. youll be at moss giants. first portal south of you will take you to the fire giants
Posted Image
Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

directly north of the zammy mage is another rift you can go in. youll be at moss giants. first portal south of you will take you to the fire giants

Oh yeah, the second location. I'll take a deeper look into it as soon as the homework rush ends. ;)
Posted Image

sup3rpur
[ Display Name History ]

sup3rpur

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 413 posts
theres a spot with 3 right next to each other. i dunno, its prolly not as good as the other spot, but i like using it
Posted Image

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

theres a spot with 3 right next to each other. i dunno, its prolly not as good as the other spot, but i like using it

If I get a Fire giant task, I'll try that too... just started Slaying again tbh.

I'm taking quick pics whenever I think it could be applicable in my guide.
Posted Image

sup3rpur
[ Display Name History ]

sup3rpur

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 413 posts

If I get a Fire giant task, I'll try that too... just started Slaying again tbh.

do you cannon slayer?
Posted Image

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

do you cannon slayer?

Yes.
Posted Image

sup3rpur
[ Display Name History ]

sup3rpur

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 413 posts

do you cannon slayer?

Yes.

im sure im getting annoying by now lol...but do you lose money getting levels with one, or do you make back cannonball money with drops from noncannon tasks? i stopped using at dark beasts because it was annoying, but i havent gotten to use it otherwise being as i got 4 dark beast tasks in a row then 2 abyssal tasks -.-
Posted Image

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

do you cannon slayer?

Yes.

im sure im getting annoying by now lol...but do you lose money getting levels with one, or do you make back cannonball money with drops from noncannon tasks? i stopped using at dark beasts because it was annoying, but i havent gotten to use it otherwise being as i got 4 dark beast tasks in a row then 2 abyssal tasks -.-

You make tons of money unless you Piety + cannon on every single task. (Using my best estimates) Then you at least break even. Add MTK and Herb farming, and you have a hell of alot of money.

Don't worry, this is the reason I made a guide. I like helping, lol. Keep the comments/questions coming.

Here's a picture I got so far. Most pictures will be cannon spots, lol... until I find something that needs a picture, at least.

Posted Image

Edit: Posted Image
Posted Image

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

It's decent. Should have put Ring of Wealth as #1 ring tbh.

It's extremely unbias and for that fact I'd say it's about a 5/10 guide. But it's still decent with alot missleading information about personal preferences over what is best. A guide with just plain information would be 100% better.

I went to Waterfiends and got lagg and used ring of wealth "For the drops". I died (i was using Verac set) and prayed magic.

So it's like this:

Use ROW if you can (The possiblity of danger is little)

Use rol if u must: you can alot by row but you can loose alot more using it too at bad places.

Kingofthecav
[ Display Name History ]

Kingofthecav

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Scrd Silene
Great guide for the part that I have read so far, and I got one suggestion for skeletal wyverns. This only works if your using a unicorn, but instead of taking food, take summoning potions. One dose gives you 15 points of your bar back, making one potion give you a full bar. Full bar is 3 heals so 3*14 = 42 hp per invy space.

sup3rpur
[ Display Name History ]

sup3rpur

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 413 posts

It's extremely unbias and for that fact I'd say it's about a 5/10 guide. But it's still decent with alot missleading information about personal preferences over what is best. A guide with just plain information would be 100% better.

I went to Waterfiends and got lagg and used ring of wealth "For the drops". I died (i was using Verac set) and prayed magic.

So it's like this:

Use rol if u must: you can alot by row but you can loose alot more using it too at bad places.

Rings of life slow down training significantly, as do wealths. But wealths actually have a use. I have never died doing slayer, not once. Its all about not being stupid.
Posted Image

anish00b
[ Display Name History ]

anish00b

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 778 posts

Great guide for the part that I have read so far, and I got one suggestion for skeletal wyverns. This only works if your using a unicorn, but instead of taking food, take summoning potions. One dose gives you 15 points of your bar back, making one potion give you a full bar. Full bar is 3 heals so 3*14 = 42 hp per invy space.

or you could buy super restore which also get summoning up, and are more buyable
signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if
^^^^read backwards^^^^
Posted Image

http://forum.tip.it/...57562&p=6009903
^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/...?f=180&t=786213
^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

or you could buy super restore which also get summoning up, and are more buyable

Too expensive. Remember to factor in the cost of scrolls and summoning pots.... you're better off using sara brews than that. I'd just go pineapple though.

So it's like this:

1) How do you die? The only possible locations you could die is from Scarabs, and that is even low danger...

2) If you die, you can easily retrieve all items if you have a 5 minute grave. (All tasks)
Posted Image

Foooman
[ Display Name History ]

Foooman

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,664 posts

1) How do you die? The only possible locations you could die is from Scarabs, and that is even low danger...

2) If you die, you can easily retrieve all items if you have a 5 minute grave. (All tasks)

You can also die cannoning Warped Terrorbirds, if your pray runs out you get torn up very quickly. As for the five minute grave, it's very difficult to get back to metal dragons on a five minute grave without a brimhaven house. And even then, its almost impossible. Remember, there aren't always people there to bless, especially at late hours.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users