Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

Geyser titans go "swat" with his two hands. It looks much like DK's fsmash if you know what I'm talking about.

Edit: It still gives range xp, though. I'm 90% sure it also does a melee based attack... although that is hear say.

I've noticed that Overlords seem to use melee attacks when they're up close. What I think it is is that the animation of the range attack disappears, so it seems to be melee when it's not.

It's probably a still a Range attack that the Titan is using. ;) I think it's worth testing, however.

EDIT: Also, I'm curious as to whether or not Jagex has assigned attack modes to monsters, such as crush, slash, etc. I'm sure they do, but I don't base that on anything. If they are, what familiars use which modes of attack? If Iron Titans don't use a crush attack (I don't see why not), then they wouldn't be preferable over say, a Steel Titan against Gargoyles.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geyser titans go "swat" with his two hands. It looks much like DK's fsmash if you know what I'm talking about.

Edit: It still gives range xp, though. I'm 90% sure it also does a melee based attack... although that is hear say.

I've noticed that Overlords seem to use melee attacks when they're up close. What I think it is is that the animation of the range attack disappears, so it seems to be melee when it's not.

It's probably a still a Range attack that the Titan is using. ;) I think it's worth testing, however.

Not even close. The geyser titan does a SLAP with 2 hands, it's clearly a different animation from the geyser titan throwing a ball with 1 hand.

Also, I'm going to edit the Fighter torso. Although it's DEFINETELY not worth the time spent, I guess you can use it if you refuse to combat prayers.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Not even close. The geyser titan does a SLAP with 2 hands, it's clearly a different animation from the geyser titan throwing a ball with 1 hand.

Also, I'm going to edit the Fighter torso. Although it's DEFINETELY not worth the time spent, I guess you can use it if you refuse to combat prayers.

That's very interesting information. I wonder if the Steel Titan also uses melee when it's up close? Information like that would definitely cement certain familiars as better choices for certain tasks.

Again, great guide. I would recommend that you perhaps go a little more in depth with your descriptions on how to do each task. Which super set to use, which familiar, combinations of familiars, which speccing weapon, etc.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

That's actually the only section (I think) that's not complete. I'm regularly updating those, but I'll do the inventory later when I figure out how I should use pictures, text, ect to display the inventory the best way possible.

080928164313hx6.png

Another pic.

inuyashakent-2.png

While the guide is ok, it is still missing alot of information. One thing that you should be sure to add, is recommended starting stats, quests to be completed and also items (not armour and weapons, but things like glories, tablets and such).

Something else that is vital that you are missing is the experience rates. Only then can you truly compare efficiency. Saying that this guide is based on being efficient and that you aren't basing it solely on preferance contradicts the information given. One example is with the Gargoyles.

Eh, I hate these. Not because of anything besides they're tendency to fly around all jittery making it hard to use the Rock hammer, and it takes a LOT of attention to finish this task at a reasonable speed. Anyways, there are two locations to kill them.

Wether you decide to kill them, it's straight up annoying. If you kill them in Chaos tunnels (recommended) you can use a combat familiar. If not, just go to the Slayer tower. Try to be fast when clicking these, and have the hammer already on the Gargoyle before it's hp bar goes down. It move around so much it takes a while before you can actually click it, it's so annoying.

Wear standard melee equipment.

Using the Rock Hammer on them isn't as hard as you make it out to be. Personally when I kill them, I have the Hammer selected and I right-click on the gargoyle ready to use it. So no matter how much it moves, I have the ability to use the Hammer without delay. It is also helpful to predict when the gargoyle will be able to be hit with the hammer, even if it wasn't vulnerable, just reclick attack, no time is lost. Also, Gargoyles are weak to Crush attacks, making the Saradomin Sword, or a Godsword more efficient for this task. Finally, you said there are two spots to kill these, but you never mentioned how to get to either (although most may already know, you should add this anyway). As Morningrise333 also said on page 3, however unlike what was said, Whip is still better than the Zamorakian Spear for these.

In the kalphite section you said "They drop blue charms, which is a bad thing." and I think that is a mistake ::' . Also, there is no need for a combat familiar here, with the cannon in the right spot, you barely have to do any work. The majority of your time is spent waiting for them to respawn.

In the Nechryael section you said "To get there, go to the Zamorak mage (entrance to abyss) and go down the ropes next to him. You are now in the Chaos tunnels. There should be 4 gargoyles, and head northwest." I think you meant the entrance to the west of the the Zamorak mage, not the one near it.

Also for Fire Giants, you should should mention using Melee+Cannon in the waterfall dungeon. It is faster than using Range+Cannon.

D Jay99 wrote:

- I don't think your range level affects how good your cannon works. If this is true, drinking a range pot while using a cannon would be useless.You can if you use Spellbook swap... I thought I mentioned that, again, I guess I forgot.... and a range pot does affect a cannon's range bonus.

Your range level does not affect how often or high a cannon hits. Neither does your range bonus either.

Zamorak Cloak (From Treasure Trails) + Rune Defender is much better than Fire Cape + Unholy Book for spiritual mages. Because you are praying, the defense on the fire cape means nothing.

The most common combination people seem to use is with the unholy book, which isn't the most efficient option either. Using a Zamorak Cloak and Rune Defender isn't the best either. The best option is a Fire Cape and Rune Defender, the Zamorak item you wear is Zamorak Robe Bottoms for 1 less prayer bonus than Proselyte. (Just saw that Morningrise333 has mentioned this on page 3, but this reinforces what was said ::' ).

You really don't need to pray mage on Suqahs, you can do a task on 10 monks.

In the North section the Suqahs have a magic attack that looks like Ice Barrage (doesn't hit as high, freezes - but not for as long). That is the place ideal to use the cannon, and praying magic is definately advised.

There is alot of errors in the guide still such as spelling, but that can be fixed. Sorry for the long post, but if you really want a guide based on efficiency you need to actually say what is most efficient.

ydrasil.png

I think I said that if there is any bias not based on experience rates, I will mention that it is personal preference wether they want to do it or not.

Yeah, getting experience rates.

Kalphites - No, not a typo. Blue charm droppers (fact as of now, until jagex releases an uber monster that drops blues commonly) drop all charms very rarely. And you might as well use a combat familiar, because it DOES help.

Cannon is ... not sure.

I've been told zammy alot. And yeah, I have to fix that.

Spelling... is something I'm going to fix later, maybe tomorrow if I ever have time. I usually don't during the weekdays, and during this weekend I was quite busy, which is why there wasn't any huge updates.

And seriously, I appreciate all constructive criticism.

And again, the xp rates will be added.

inuyashakent-2.png

I'll give a semi-medium-level's view on this (lvl105) tomorrow, since Wii posting is a pain but I will say this.

WHY A STEEL TITAN AT ANCIENT CAVERN?

You deserve that for making me read that over 9000 times till I figured it was a mistake.

Because for higher leveled players, the speed bonus of the Steel titan is somewhat worth the extra bank trips. However, it's much better with 2, or even 3-5 people.

inuyashakent-2.png

I think I said that if there is any bias not based on experience rates, I will mention that it is personal preference wether they want to do it or not.

Kalphites - No, not a typo. Blue charm droppers (fact as of now, until jagex releases an uber monster that drops blues commonly) drop all charms very rarely. And you might as well use a combat familiar, because it DOES help.

Cannon is ... not sure.

Spelling... is something I'm going to fix later, maybe tomorrow if I ever have time. I usually don't during the weekdays, and during this weekend I was quite busy, which is why there wasn't any huge updates.

I would quote to kid with the super long post, but i figured that would be a bit much so im quoting you :)

Kalphs=ew...just...ew...bad charm droppers. Woo blue charms...under 10 a task...woo...

Ive found that ranging pots make my cannon hit much higher and tasks are a lot faster, so i truly believe it does help

Gargs are gross and slow xp, the end.

ALL slayer guides are bias...i think its stupid that people say ooo 5/10 too bias...ok you write an unbias guide then...

This is a solid guide. There are a few places where it could improve, but trying to add to a slayer guide is mostly based on opinion.

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Until I get the xp rates of everything, I can dispute the people saying it's all opinion no fact...

I'm 80% done correcting all grammer and spelling. I'm making it almost perfect, so... give me one more day. Unless I have a crazy amount of homework tomorrow... but hopefully not. :pray:

inuyashakent-2.png

Until I get the xp rates of everything, I can dispute the people saying it's all opinion no fact...

I'm 80% done correcting all grammer and spelling. I'm making it almost perfect, so... give me one more day. Unless I have a crazy amount of homework tomorrow... but hopefully not. :pray:

Just tell your professors you have a runescape guide to update!

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Yeah, in my college application I'm going to say that I have 92 Summoning and 89 Slayer... not exactly a UC requirement, eh?

Oh, and I'm going to include something in my guide tomorrow. If you killing Nechryaels, Dagannoths (slow, inefficient way), Black demons (bring a barrows top and bottom) you should actually kill Bork! It is definetely worth it, but it's not really worth the walk there... but if you're already there, why not?

inuyashakent-2.png

Yeah, in my college application I'm going to say that I have 92 Summoning and 89 Slayer... not exactly a UC requirement, eh?

Oh, and I'm going to include something in my guide tomorrow. If you killing Nechryaels, Dagannoths (slow, inefficient way), Black demons (bring a barrows top and bottom) you should actually kill Bork! It is definetely worth it, but it's not really worth the walk there... but if you're already there, why not?

It would be worth the charms...but isnt it only 250 slayer xp?

1-800slayer.png

It would be worth the charms...but isnt it only 250 slayer xp?

But hell. Who trains Slayer but not Summoning? It's definetely worth it and...

"The spell and grammer is complete" YAY complete!

Edit: Now I can finally update the content... tomorrow.

inuyashakent-2.png

haven't seen this yet...

Slayer is a skill that revolves entirely around combat. You are assigned slayer monsters from slayer masters, where you kill them and you gain experience based on the monster you kill. (Theyre Hitpoints)

you are say that They are hitpoints as suppose to their hitpoints. <3:

not a half bad guide Kent

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

haven't seen this yet...

Slayer is a skill that revolves entirely around combat. You are assigned slayer monsters from slayer masters, where you kill them and you gain experience based on the monster you kill. (Theyre Hitpoints)

you are say that They are hitpoints as suppose to their hitpoints. <3:

not a half bad guide Kent

That is incorrect though, it isn't always their hitpoints. Rex is a good example of this.

Cannon is ... not sure.

I would quote to kid with the super long post, but i figured that would be a bit much so im quoting you :)

Kalphs=ew...just...ew...bad charm droppers. Woo blue charms...under 10 a task...woo...

Ive found that ranging pots make my cannon hit much higher and tasks are a lot faster, so i truly believe it does help

ALL slayer guides are bias...i think its stupid that people say ooo 5/10 too bias...ok you write an unbias guide then...

This is a solid guide. There are a few places where it could improve, but trying to add to a slayer guide is mostly based on opinion.

I think you misunderstood about the section with the Kalphites and Blue Charms. What you said was "They drop blue charms, which is a bad thing." You make it seems like getting Blue Charms is a bad thing. Sure, while getting other charms less may not be as nice, extra Blue is still good. Blue Charms not only give alot of experience, they are also the cheapest way to level (not inclusive of obtaining them).

If you don't believe me with the Cannon, perform a test. Wear the same equipment for both tests, but use a decent amount of Cannonballs (500-1000 maybe) on a monster and record the start and finish range experience. For the 2nd test, drink a few Keg's of Beer or Saradomin Brews to lower your Range level to 0. Then use the same amount of Cannonballs at the exact same spot, again recording experience. In both tests don't attack the monsters yourself and always stand in the same spot. This makes the test a more accurate comparison. Also, the same test can be performed for same Range level but different Range Bonus.

Simply saying "Gargs are gross and slow xp, the end. " does not make it so. It is easily possible to get around 20-25k Slayer Experience per hour on them. They have good drops which add up, as well as them dropping Blue Charms at a higher rate than most other NPC's.

While every single guide is biased, it can be made less biased by adding more information. By giving everyone information about each monster, then the people who read the guide can themselves decide whether or not to do that task. One example of this is Warped Terrorbirds being upwards of 40k xp/h and yet people still skip them. This can be for any number of reasons such as they don't like chiming or no charms are dropped.

This would also mean that in your guide you should add as much information as you can, about every task (yes, even Steel Dragons).

ydrasil.png

Thanks, but I didn't say go west near the scorpians? If no, I'll fix it.

Fighter torso < Proselyte top + 10% str/piety. It has it's uses, but... I can't think of one where it's applicable during Slayer.

Depends. Do you plan on getting all 99 combat stats anyways? And do you want range xp? This is personal preferance.

You can't cannon those as there is far too little. It's a bad alternative, although I should have mentioned it.

I don't like to buy prayer pots for anything more than when it's needed for protect from melee. So in my situation, fighter torso is better. I'm sure a few other people feel this way too. ::'

I don't really want range exp but it doesn't matter to me. But is the Geyser Titan really worth giving up the extra melee exp I could get from other familiars?

Ah, okay then.

:thumbup:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Cannon is ... not sure.

I think you misunderstood about the section with the Kalphites and Blue Charms. What you said was "They drop blue charms, which is a bad thing." You make it seems like getting Blue Charms is a bad thing. Sure, while getting other charms less may not be as nice, extra Blue is still good. Blue Charms not only give alot of experience, they are also the cheapest way to level (not inclusive of obtaining them).

If you don't believe me with the Cannon, perform a test. Wear the same equipment for both tests, but use a decent amount of Cannonballs (500-1000 maybe) on a monster and record the start and finish range experience. For the 2nd test, drink a few Keg's of Beer or Saradomin Brews to lower your Range level to 0. Then use the same amount of Cannonballs at the exact same spot, again recording experience. In both tests don't attack the monsters yourself and always stand in the same spot. This makes the test a more accurate comparison. Also, the same test can be performed for same Range level but different Range Bonus.

Simply saying "Gargs are gross and slow xp, the end. " does not make it so. It is easily possible to get around 20-25k Slayer Experience per hour on them. They have good drops which add up, as well as them dropping Blue Charms at a higher rate than most other NPC's.

While every single guide is biased, it can be made less biased by adding more information. By giving everyone information about each monster, then the people who read the guide can themselves decide whether or not to do that task. One example of this is Warped Terrorbirds being upwards of 40k xp/h and yet people still skip them. This can be for any number of reasons such as they don't like chiming or no charms are dropped.

This would also mean that in your guide you should add as much information as you can, about every task (yes, even Steel Dragons).

If range bonus doesnt matter why would i have to wear the saem equipment. I've just always noticed a difference...im not saying im right, just stating what ive experienced.

No, gargs are NOT 20k-25k xp an hour....you arent getting 100k melee xp there an hour...I've had more than enough tasks to know 15k is pushing it, i usually average like 10-12k an hour there with 99 attack and 90 str.

And for blue charms...i think YOU'RE misunderstanding. He straight up explained it on the last page. Any monster that is a blue charm dropper drops very few charms, making them not quite as good as say abyssals. You arent going to keep your summoning xp matching your slayer xp with these.

Anyways...who cares if the guide is a little bias? its a guide, its HIS guide.

1-800slayer.png

Thanks, but I didn't say go west near the scorpians? If no, I'll fix it.

Fighter torso < Proselyte top + 10% str/piety. It has it's uses, but... I can't think of one where it's applicable during Slayer.

Depends. Do you plan on getting all 99 combat stats anyways? And do you want range xp? This is personal preferance.

You can't cannon those as there is far too little. It's a bad alternative, although I should have mentioned it.

I don't like to buy prayer pots for anything more than when it's needed for protect from melee. So in my situation, fighter torso is better. I'm sure a few other people feel this way too. ::'

I don't really want range exp but it doesn't matter to me. But is the Geyser Titan really worth giving up the extra melee exp I could get from other familiars?

Ah, okay then.

:thumbup:

I actually edited the Fighter torso before you posted that, lol.

Actually, I will do that. I'll do range bonus and range levels.

Well, I've stated the reason why there is a reason to skip Gargoyles is not only are they a mediocre task to start with, they are extremely jittery with their new animation. I said you should skil ONLY FOR THAT REASON.

Anyways...who cares if the guide is a little bias? its a guide, its HIS guide.

Well, I do want my guide to be unbiased. But to what extent, and what I have to sacrifice...

inuyashakent-2.png