Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

How long would you say the two quests are for mutated velds? Cuz the more i look at that the more id love to be able to cannon velds :P

Can't give an estimate as I forgot, but it's one of the best tasks in the game, right along with Dags and Abyssal demons. So do them. :thumbsup:

Do you average a decent amount of slayer xp per hour with abyssals, because i cant seem to get over like 15k. Maybe im just slow lol

No, but they are currently the... ~2nd best money maker, maybe behind Dark beasts making them 3rd... but once you balance them out, it is pretty efficient. It also gives a somewhat decent rate of charms.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long would you say the two quests are for mutated velds? Cuz the more i look at that the more id love to be able to cannon velds :P

Can't give an estimate as I forgot, but it's one of the best tasks in the game, right along with Dags and Abyssal demons. So do them. :thumbsup:

Mutated Velds are definitely in my top three favorite tasks. I love them.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This is a very, very good, well detailed guide.

Do I smell AOW? ;)

Lol, TIF doesn't like updating their AOW guides, like 80% them are useless now. And since slayer is already up there... I doubt my guide will become AOW.

Under my watch, anything is possible, so stay tuned :twss:

Lawl

Edit: Soon I'll have charm drop rates for most tasks. Sadly, I can't use the tasks I accumilated through my Summoning guide, due to some ... people giving me fake drop lists. I have 50% crimson charms for Greaters, when it's more around 20-30%... Sadly, all those thousands and thousands of charm drops... are wasted.

Except maybe Craven range, due to the fact that he's one source and he's a very reliable one at that.

inuyashakent-2.png

Forgot to ask - Is it true that you only get abyssal demon tasks at 86+ slayer? I could swear I saw someone say it a long time ago. Not sure if I can be bothered getting 86+ slay without getting an abby task, especially after all the slayer grinding I just finished up on :|

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Forgot to ask - Is it true that you only get abyssal demon tasks at 86+ slayer? I could swear I saw someone say it a long time ago. Not sure if I can be bothered getting 86+ slay without getting an abby task, especially after all the slayer grinding I just finished up on :|

No. My first task after 85 was Abyssal Demons. Didn't get a whip before level 87 though ;)

Mik2thekel.png

You can get abyssals and whip drops from their tasks at level 85 slayer. whip drops are at about....1/450 right now

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

nice guide man :) 8/10 lacks pictures

Lol, didn't I sayin my into the reason why pictures won't be in my guide? They arn't needed for people ewith an IQ of ... 50. Do you REALLY need a picture of Guthans healing me? Or a picture of each inventory when I could just explain it in text? Do you really want to add 30 seconds to load 100 pictures? Unessisary pictures? Just no, seriously.

You probably have, and that is false. I got both my first whip drop and task as soon as I hit 85 slayer... ridiculous rumours.

2 new pictures in my guide.

2 new pictures in my guide.

[hide=]080930074121oz1.png

080928213354ff1.png

Note on the Mithril dragons - It doesn't mean take off your shield during battle. It just means you're 100% safe in the middle.[/hide]

inuyashakent-2.png

I'll give a semi-medium-level's view on this (lvl105) tomorrow, since Wii posting is a pain but I will say this.

WHY A STEEL TITAN AT ANCIENT CAVERN?

You deserve that for making me read that over 9000 times till I figured it was a mistake.

Because for higher leveled players, the speed bonus of the Steel titan is somewhat worth the extra bank trips. However, it's much better with 2, or even 3-5 people.

Key words, Ancient Caverns, which I beleived was only single combat. . . Don't you mean chaos tunnels?

Anyways, I would disagree on D legs and Rune armour, it has decent stats which on most chaeldar tasks for me is enough. It's not that its only 6k / hour or whatever it was, its the fact that I have to pay it all in one go and the inconvinience of finding a house or teleporting to lumbridge with the armour and money.

Try to remember that while most of us don't have Zarfot's money, we also don't have your attention spawn and skills (well, the lower levels [me]).

I'll give a semi-medium-level's view on this (lvl105) tomorrow, since Wii posting is a pain but I will say this.

WHY A STEEL TITAN AT ANCIENT CAVERN?

You deserve that for making me read that over 9000 times till I figured it was a mistake.

Because for higher leveled players, the speed bonus of the Steel titan is somewhat worth the extra bank trips. However, it's much better with 2, or even 3-5 people.

Key words, Ancient Caverns, which I beleived was only single combat. . . Don't you mean chaos tunnels?

Anyways, I would disagree on D legs and Rune armour, it has decent stats which on most chaeldar tasks for me is enough. It's not that its only 6k / hour or whatever it was, its the fact that I have to pay it all in one go and the inconvinience of finding a house or teleporting to lumbridge with the armour and money.

Try to remember that while most of us don't have Zarfot's money, we also don't have your attention spawn and skills (well, the lower levels [me]).

What is it, like, 50 construction for an armor stand? And once you start using Duradel, you'll wish you had a nice, rusty set of Barrows platelegs.

dgs5.jpg

I purposely made this guide an efficient, relaxed method guide. That's an error, you can just tell me so I can fix it. Using sarcasm and the like really is hard to detect, so that's why I didn't catch that mistake...

Edit: Why did you even mention Zarfot and his effiency - ness anyways? We aren't even on that topic... and second, Rune plate/Dragon chain is pretty useless. This guide is aimed towards 100+, anyways.

Added the 2 pictures, and added some extra info (rate of d boots) in Spiritual mages. Fixed Waterfiends. Added gloves to the equipment section.

... off topic, but 98 Attack. :lol:

inuyashakent-2.png

I purposely made this guide an efficient, relaxed method guide. That's an error, you can just tell me so I can fix it. Using sarcasm and the like really is hard to detect, so that's why I didn't catch that mistake...

Edit: Why did you even mention Zarfot and his effiency - ness anyways? We aren't even on that topic... and second, Rune plate/Dragon chain is pretty useless. This guide is aimed towards 100+, anyways.

Added the 2 pictures, and added some extra info (rate of d boots) in Spiritual mages. Fixed Waterfiends. Added gloves to the equipment section.

... off topic, but 98 Attack. :lol:

You went out of your way even putting those plates/chains in your guide...lol

As for Zafrot, his guide is a long read, and isnt always realistic for the typical player.

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Slayer tower is non multi combat, but aggressive. If youre using a Beasts of burden, as aggressiveness leads to much simpler and less attention demanding killing. However, if you want to speed it up go to the Slayer tower. It is multi combat, so you can use a combat familiar.

Found this typo in your spectre section, should be well instead of tower, makes the paragraph very confusing. I can confirm that they do drop mystic bottoms in the well, I just got one.

Edit: You might also want to suggest to people who go to the well for spectres without a slayer helmet to bring a super restore potion due to the banshees. I had to tele out and grab one because I forgot they lower your stats :cry: .

yuki2d.png

Slayer tower is non multi combat, but aggressive. If youre using a Beasts of burden, as aggressiveness leads to much simpler and less attention demanding killing. However, if you want to speed it up go to the Slayer tower. It is multi combat, so you can use a combat familiar.

Found this typo in your spectre section, should be well instead of tower, makes the paragraph very confusing. I can confirm that they do drop mystic bottoms in the well, I just got one.

Edit: You might also want to suggest to people who go to the well for spectres without a slayer helmet to bring a super restore potion due to the banshees. I had to tele out and grab one because I forgot they lower your stats :cry: .

Oh, thanks. I'll correct that... and i r slayer 2.

I have a small update for you guys to read.

[hide=An in depth analysis of expensive equipment]I know this was mostly covered in the General equipment section, but I will go more in depth and actually compare them here.

* Bandos - Surprisingly one of the better expensive equipment. This gives a good amount of Strength bonus, but at the cost of Defense bonuses. If your going for efficiently Slaying, this should be one of the first expensive equipment to buy. Lets compare this to Barrow's. It has much less Defense bonuses, but that's not all. This also has much less Prayer bonuses if you compare it to a Proselyte plate and Verac's skirt. In the end, I would recommend the plate at all times, but the Bandos tassets comes at a loss of huge Defense and Prayer bonuses. If you're using Piety, using neither. If you're using 10% Strength prayer, use the plate. If you're not praying at all, use both.

* 3rd age, Dragon - This should be obvious. The 3rd age costs at least 500m gp street price, which is ridiculous for such a weak item. Dragon is decent, but it's pricey and much weaker than Barrows/Bandos.

* Dragonfire shield - Honestly, this is the most overrated expensive item in the game. Sure, it comes with a huge Defense bonus and 2 more Strength than the Rune defender, but it's missing 19 Slash bonus! For Slayer, this is too good to pass up. If you're seriously Slaying, ditch this shield and get the cheap yet great Rune defender.

* Elysian/Divine spirit shield - Well, these two shields are great, to say the least. However, Defense isn't important during Slayer, and get no offense bonuses in return. A great shield, but not for Slayer.

* Arcane/Spectral spirit shield - I was mistaken. *Ehem* Dragonfire shield isn't the most overrated, it's this shield. One has 0 use for a Slayer, or anywhere for that matter. Magic Defense? Are you serious? The other one increases Magic bonus which is nice, but has no use for Slayer.

* Godsword - These shouldn't be used as combat weapons, but instead for their Special attacks. (While Slaying, at least.) Bandos, Armadyl, and Zamorak are useless during Slayer, but the Saradomin really is truely a huge benefit to any Slayer, really. Shouldn't require any explanation, but it increases HP and Prayer - how great is that?

• [/hide]

:D

inuyashakent-2.png

Oh, thanks. I'll correct that... and i r slayer 2.

I have a small update for you guys to read.

[hide=An in depth analysis of expensive equipment]I know this was mostly covered in the General equipment section, but I will go more in depth and actually compare them here.

* Bandos - Surprisingly one of the better expensive equipment. This gives a good amount of Strength bonus, but at the cost of Defense bonuses. If your going for efficiently Slaying, this should be one of the first expensive equipment to buy. Lets compare this to Barrow's. It has much less Defense bonuses, but that's not all. This also has much less Prayer bonuses if you compare it to a Proselyte plate and Verac's skirt. In the end, I would recommend the plate at all times, but the Bandos tassets comes at a loss of huge Defense and Prayer bonuses. If you're using Piety, using neither. If you're using 10% Strength prayer, use the plate. If you're not praying at all, use both.

* 3rd age, Dragon - This should be obvious. The 3rd age costs at least 500m gp street price, which is ridiculous for such a weak item. Dragon is decent, but it's pricey and much weaker than Barrows/Bandos.

* Dragonfire shield - Honestly, this is the most overrated expensive item in the game. Sure, it comes with a huge Defense bonus and 2 more Strength than the Rune defender, but it's missing 19 Slash bonus! For Slayer, this is too good to pass up. If you're seriously Slaying, ditch this shield and get the cheap yet great Rune defender.

* Elysian/Divine spirit shield - Well, these two shields are great, to say the least. However, Defense isn't important during Slayer, and get no offense bonuses in return. A great shield, but not for Slayer.

* Arcane/Spectral spirit shield - I was mistaken. *Ehem* Dragonfire shield isn't the most overrated, it's this shield. One has 0 use for a Slayer, or anywhere for that matter. Magic Defense? Are you serious? The other one increases Magic bonus which is nice, but has no use for Slayer.

* Godsword - These shouldn't be used as combat weapons, but instead for their Special attacks. (While Slaying, at least.) Bandos, Armadyl, and Zamorak are useless during Slayer, but the Saradomin really is truely a huge benefit to any Slayer, really. Shouldn't require any explanation, but it increases HP and Prayer - how great is that?

• [/hide]

:D

I agree with your analysis of expensive equipment.

Though, I often daydream about the DFS while on Wyvern tasks... sigh...

dgs5.jpg

I have a questions about skeletal wyverenes.

Do they drop visages more often than other dragons?

According to erichermit's guide to misunderstood monsters they do, of course it's very difficult to tell exactly.

Wyverns are known to drop Visages at one of the higher rates compared to the other dragons. I estimate that the KBD and Mithril Dragons probably have a higher drop rate, but they are way harder to kill than the Wyvern, thus you will get more kills in with a wyvern, making your visage come sooner!

yuki2d.png

Great in depth analysis of Equipment. Might go buy some bandos now :thumbup:. Too bad I need the money for summoning -.-

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I have a questions about skeletal wyverenes.

Do they drop visages more often than other dragons?

According to erichermit's guide to misunderstood monsters they do, of course it's very difficult to tell exactly.

Wyverns are known to drop Visages at one of the higher rates compared to the other dragons. I estimate that the KBD and Mithril Dragons probably have a higher drop rate, but they are way harder to kill than the Wyvern, thus you will get more kills in with a wyvern, making your visage come sooner!

I definetely smell bias, as he wrote a Wyvern guide... mainly because the drop rates are just rumours. I mean really, it's around 1/5000, there really is no way to test something of that rarity. I would believe that they are more common then Black dragons, but Iron dragons... who knows, there is no way to know.

inuyashakent-2.png

Rofl, random tasks are random.

Spectres -> Black demons -> Spectres -> Spectres -> Black demons.

The bad part is they aren't aggressive, and they don't drop Mystic bottoms. (Can anybody provide a confirmation please? I've done at least 5 tasks there without a Mystic drop... I usually get one every 1-2 tasks at Slayer tower.)

mysbottom-1.jpg

The best spectre task I've ever done, ended up nabbing 333k worth of stuff.

yuki2d.png