WARNING: Clan Wars

Dragonlordjl

Due to today's update, they removed gravestones from CLW entirely. Now, if you die in Dangerous FFA, anything you drop is lost forever. :evil:

It's not a bug, either:

The gravestones no longer appear because victims can now drop a few useful items to the killer. You basically can't have a gravestone and still drop items for other players hence this change.
td2sig.jpg

It isn't like you're going to lose Rune to anyone or anything, just things that your opponent can use in the heat of battle, such as food or runes or arrows.

Besides, a set of Rune is like what, ~180K? That's not a whole heck of a lot to lose.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It isn't like you're going to lose Rune to anyone or anything, just things that your opponent can use in the heat of battle, such as food or runes or arrows.

Besides, a set of Rune is like what, ~180K? That's not a whole heck of a lot to lose.

A lot of people went into Dangerous FFA wearing barrows armor or Bandos, knowing it was like Edgeville, in that you had a fair chance to loot your junk if you die. Now, that is no longer possible. It takes a lot of the fun out of it.

td2sig.jpg

:shock:

I feel sorry for the people who go in there thinking it's the same as it was....

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

A lot of people went into Dangerous FFA wearing barrows armor or Bandos, knowing it was like Edgeville, in that you had a fair chance to loot your junk if you die. Now, that is no longer possible. It takes a lot of the fun out of it.

It's dangerous though. It's supposed to be dangerous. It's not supposed to be a walk in the park, or a walk through old Edgeville.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It was still dangerous. People could just ice barrage you and kill you, blocking you from getting your stuff back. I would know, considering one of my friends was talking about how he had made people lose millions, totalling up to like 24-25m.

Now its just completely dangerous.

So the 1 iteming fest begins. This is gonna be pretty much EXACTLY like old BH in terms of gear. Rarely is anyone gonna do anything risky, knowing that they won't be able to get their stuff back. And rarely did anyone risk anything more than like 200k.

It's basically gonna be duel arena free for all, and people will just rush each other to death.

Thank god they put the trade limit in though cause people would have just xfered things like dragon arrows.

I don't like it, though. It really does seem pretty pointless to me.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

It was still dangerous. People could just ice barrage you and kill you, blocking you from getting your stuff back. I would know, considering one of my friends was talking about how he had made people lose millions, totalling up to like 24-25m.

Now its just completely dangerous.

So the 1 iteming fest begins. This is gonna be pretty much EXACTLY like old BH in terms of gear. Rarely is anyone gonna do anything risky, knowing that they won't be able to get their stuff back. And rarely did anyone risk anything more than like 200k.

It's basically gonna be duel arena free for all, and people will just rush each other to death.

Thank god they put the trade limit in though cause people would have just xfered things like dragon arrows.

I don't like it, though. It really does seem pretty pointless to me.

Exactly. It was fine the way it was before...

td2sig.jpg

There's still the option to do the non-dangerous clan wars...which the way it sounds was essentially the same as "dangerous" clan wars was prior to them fixing it.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

People throw around the word 'ruined' too much. The Dangerous FFA was designed to be (shock horror) dangerous, as in you didn't get your items back, as it was in the Wildy Years. It wasn't ruined, it was fixed.

EDIT: This might also make MSSW4 a bit more interesting...

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I hate how for every small update to anything people go like "THIS or this is ruined!!!"

ffs, have you ever heard of safe ffa? Yeah

EDIT: Yup, it's perfect for it

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

I hate how for every small update to anything people go like "THIS or this is ruined!!!"

Dangerous FFA recreated the old feel of the Edgeville Wilderness.... Many people, including me, really liked that.

td2sig.jpg

Dangerous FFA recreated the old feel of the Edgeville Wilderness.... Many people, including me, really liked that.

The ability to get your rune and dharocks back? Yeah, thats like edgeville.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

The only aspect of the dangerous FFA before the fix that was remotely close to old edge was retrieving untradable items like fire cape, torso, defender, etc. and seeing as how you said everyone was in barrows or bandos or whatever, that was nothing like edge was - in terms of what you lost and what you were able to retrieve.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Because in the old edgeville, when you died, you could get dharoks or rune back? #-o Silly me, I always thought PKers took your stuff when they killed you.

It's a "dangerous" free for all. The danger being LOSING your items.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Before updates: OMG Jagax j00 runed game wid babying playurs! STOP BABYING US.

After Updates: WTF [bleep]EX t00 h4rd updats lost mah stuf n cuz I ded, BABY US MORE, hold hand pl0x.

Oh and I'd like to mention: The old Clan Wars was nothing like Pking, unless you're the kind of person who one itemed and everything else was non-tradeable so you didn't lose it on death, in which case you don't have the experience to downplay this as ruining anything.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I suppose that JAGeX decided to do this for an important reason, whatever that may be. :|

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Looks like we can sometimes loot a bit of food or ammo from people we kill now. I like that.

Why do they stop there, though? Why not transfer more items up to the trade limit? But meh, it's a start.

My only complaint about this change is that they didn't make the removal of the gravestones more obvious in the newspost. There's a lot of people whinging now that they lost their stuff when they'd expected to be able to get it back. (I suppose they've all got interesting reasons for not going in the safe FFA where they'd have kept it anyway.) Sure, I think Jagex does hold our hands too much sometimes, but this is a little too far in the other direction!

God forbid the dangerous arenas be dangerous :ohnoes:

Sorry for the rudeness, but c'mon. I purposely avoided Dangerous Arenas because of this. There was no point to them. Now at least they are distinguishable from Safe Arenas.

Dont be sorry, the thread creator is an idiot.

If you dont want to loose your stuff, god for bid, dont go into the DANGEROUS CLAN ARENA. This is mainly for giant wars with steel armor or whatever, and rune scims, or cheap weapons. I dont think dangerous was meant for the level 138s to kill everyone in sight making them loose items, and if they died somehow; they would just run back in and loot it all over again.

This is finally making the 'dangerous' option, oh dear god, do I say it? DANGEROUS!

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th