Jagex Attempting to Stop Monopolies?

Dragons_Might

I'm a firm believer that there should be no restrictions on the market.

Why?

Because the restrictions are dishonest to the nature of trading. It's completely fair that if someone is willing to sell an item for a certain price, and I am willing to pay that price, that I should be able to buy that item. I am not causing the market trouble by buying an item that someone willingly sold to me, even if I happen to buy 100 or a thousand of that item.

The people could have controlled merchanting if they really wanted to, without these updates from Jagex. All you have to do is sell your item at a better price.. and get a better deal for your item. The more frugal people are about prices, the less possible merchanting becomes.

When people are lazy, impatient, or uninformed about the prices of their possessions, merchanting will thrive. If you don't have the patience to get a good price, but I do, why shouldn't I make money off of that? Would you say it's fair if pawn shops were outlawed in the real world? People go to a pawn shop for a service and they get that service.. a fast sale of their item for a reduced price.

But Jagex is trying to play nanny and allow people to get good prices for their items in spite of their laziness. Of course, it doesn't actually make a difference, because people will still sell their whip for minimum when it doesn't sell after 10 seconds at medium.

As for the discussion of market manipulation, Jagex is completely to blame on that count. they're the ones who put price limits in place, disallowing people to trade at the value they truly want to trade for. Without Jagex's awful system.. if people had still been able to trade freely, manipulation would have never been a problem. Jagex is trying to correct the problems of regulation with more regulation, and that's utterly stupid.

single_skill1167444404.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player A farms ranarr weeds, gets sand and sea weed to make glass for the vials, fill them and add the ranarr and snapegrass he/she collected at Waterbirth Island. Player A is humble, and sells the prayer potions for 5,369 gp.

Player B buys the prayer potions for 5,369 gp, and sells them again for 5,933 gp.

Player C has mined runite ore to get money, and now feels like going to aberrant spectres. He/she is also humble, and buys prayer potions for 5,933 gp.

The scenario shows how those who actually worked for the resources get scammed by the merchants. The merchants are doing no work, yet they take resources from the honest players. Merchanting is stealing, and JaGEx is at least trying to put an end to this. Keep going! :thumbsup:

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!