Behind The Scenes - October Edition

darkjab

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said they needed to be tradeable or make us earn on it. I said it should be useful.

I doubt your using Holiday items daily...

A holiday item should be useful or fancy so people will use it.

Chicken Outfit: That outfit even though funny is mostly ugly.

(Saw a guy in Clan wars FFA: Running and i attacked him and he said "why does ever1 attack chickens>.<?"

Apart from looking funny or showing others your participated in the event, the Holiday Items will never have a use. You aren't going to get a whip-style weapon for free, or an item that lets you have unlimited teleports to Varrock. I don't use my Holiday Items daily, but sometimes I like getting my Rubber Chicken to whack people with purely for nostalgic value. Do people not appreciate things in this game unless it boosts levels or cashpiles?

Bleh, as far as I can see they're quite focusing on releasing minigames. Just the sort of content I think RS has plenty at this point.

I agree. Jagex has only made two or three decent minigames, and the rest are just garbage that people crowd for the first week to get the new items or whatever, then the minigame is totally abandoned. I see that RTS minigame being fairly well-received, though.

td2sig.jpg

I never said they needed to be tradeable or make us earn on it. I said it should be useful.

I doubt your using Holiday items daily...

A holiday item should be useful or fancy so people will use it.

Chicken Outfit: That outfit even though funny is mostly ugly.

(Saw a guy in Clan wars FFA: Running and i attacked him and he said "why does ever1 attack chickens>.<?"

Apart from looking funny or showing others your participated in the event, the Holiday Items will never have a use. You aren't going to get a whip-style weapon for free, or an item that lets you have unlimited teleports to Varrock. I don't use my Holiday Items daily, but sometimes I like getting my Rubber Chicken to whack people with purely for nostalgic value. Do people not appreciate things in this game unless it boosts levels or cashpiles?

The chicken rubber is only holiday event i am happy to own. And i really do just like you with it (But rarely).

But i am just saying that Holiday Items shouldn't be something people achieve, then stop using.

People should enjoy using them : and purpose is not to boost levels or make you stronger, but have a funny or cool effect :D

I found this bts very weak. I know someone will question me why.

Im no fan of PvP and arent really exited about the worlds.

The halloween update should be interesting.

A new f2p quest? sounds like sheep shearer 2 or something.

Il just have to wait and see if jagex can prove me wrong.

Meh, I'm not so keen on the PvP worlds, I hope it won't cut in the amount the current, 'normal' worlds too much... I don't see why Jagex didn't recreate the wilderness with these new drop tables and whatnot...

Agreed.

Skillers, which atm is the majority of players, will avoid PvP worlds which overcrowds the non-PvP ones. I like the way Jagex think people going for 99 woodcutting will use PVP worlds to fight for trees. :wall:

Only plus point is there will be some safe spots, so PvP banks will be nice, plus being a high level I can risk using the PVP worlds for certain things if pushed.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

another thing for the holiday items is to show how long youve been apart of the game. im only lvl 63 and people dont believe ive been playing for many years (albeit on and off) so i whip out my scythe (even though ive actually been playing before that, since 2001)

Sort of offtopic.. but.. is the scythe the first non-tradable holiday item or something? I have it aswell, but also missed out on some holiday items (no DSL back in the days).

Rune mining in the wilderness may get quite dangerous again \'...

*Expects a rise in Rune Ore prices to compensate for it*

Come on rune miners, don't tell me you've become soft with the revenants babying us for the past several months ;).

Readies her super secret rune mining scout that has been sitting for months collecting a layer of *pixelated* dust.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Sort of offtopic.. but.. is the scythe the first non-tradable holiday item or something? I have it aswell, but also missed out on some holiday items (no DSL back in the days).

Twas indeed

Dragon Drops:

2 D Spears(fire giants and shadow warriors), 2 D skirt, D Legs

Barrows Drops:

Guthan Plate(first Trip EVER)

0__r4n_g3r_0.png

God damnit.. why can't they wait until December to release PK worlds? I want those losers to suffer as much as they can.

Ladies and gentlemen. The main reason combat clans, pures and most PKers avoid TipIt like the plague. It's pathetic man.

OT: The updates look great. I thought JaGeX would make people wait till December. Guess they saw what was wanted more ::'

Looks to be a good month.

i dont care as much on the PvP worlds,im more looking foreward to the halloween event! <3:

Why are you looking forward to the event?

Because events are usually fun if you try to have it.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Rune mining in the wilderness may get quite dangerous again \'...

*Expects a rise in Rune Ore prices to compensate for it*

Come on rune miners, don't tell me you've become soft with the revenants babying us for the past several months ;).

Readies her super secret rune mining scout that has been sitting for months collecting a layer of *pixelated* dust.

Don't most Rune Miners use the one near the Dark Beasts still?

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I really hope that the PvP Worlds will restore some of RuneScape and will re-build the economy. I'm also interested to see how these 'headline updates' are going to work. Not too impressed with these mad PvP Mini-games, there are enough as it is. Although, you can't really judge them yet.

LIKE Z0MG (nooby high leveled member voice) PVP WORLDS ARE COMING BACK LETS CELEBRATE. I am glad they are bringing back PvP (yay less PvPing in house partys.) A halloween quest sounds nooby and was probably chosen by content starved free-players I just like the usual holiday event not a holiday quest as that could be played all year round and it changes from a "holiday quest" to a "quest". Overall it sounds good. BUT WHY THE REDUCE OF NEW CONTENT SOON THEY WILL BE CONTENT-STARVED MEMBERS!!!!!!

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

I'm happy for those updates. Two minigames sound great. People have been waiting for the PKing worlds for a long time now, even if I haven't.

And yet, I'm really disappointed. There's only one quest coming out this month, the holiday one. I would've rather had one mini-game and two quests this month, then two quests and a mini-game next month, etc.

Still, pkers have been the slighted party ever since they removed the Wilderness and made BH non-multi. I guess us quest-lovers can step aside for one month.

hzvjpwS.gif

LIKE Z0MG (nooby high leveled member voice) PVP WORLDS ARE COMING BACK LETS CELEBRATE. I am glad they are bringing back PvP (yay less PvPing in house partys.) A halloween quest sounds nooby and was probably chosen by content starved free-players I just like the usual holiday event not a holiday quest as that could be played all year round and it changes from a "holiday quest" to a "quest". Overall it sounds good. BUT WHY THE REDUCE OF NEW CONTENT SOON THEY WILL BE CONTENT-STARVED MEMBERS!!!!!!

Content starving? Did you read what they typed smart person?

They intend to make big updates like castle wars and new skills instead of more "Peril of Ice mountain" and "Rat pits". I like having one good update over 4 bad ones, so I am happy.

Oh, and yay PVP worlds sooner then I expected =D> . I'm sure to mash in people in varrock and wilderniss alike.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

4 words: oh emm eff gee!! :shock:

Can't wait for PvP, but not only that; 1 update similar to Castle Wars/Recipe for Disaster every month!?? Awesome BTS!!! <3:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

yes it was the first non tradable holiday drop

Not the scythe, the bunny ears.

Anyway, even though I don't PK, I'm looking forward to these new PvP worlds. I'm willing to bet that they have a system set up so that people who camp one safe spot all day won't get squat for their "troubles". :D

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Am I the only 1 who dislikes their new "update" system?

Really: for GWD I couldn't care less (if I want the thrill of beating boss monsters I could just goto the kq).. Or new skills don't matter for me at all (more pointless clicking)..

It's actually those "small" updates that keep me playing: quests! - Previously 2 quests a month was perfectly normal (1 quest every other week).. However with this I don't hink quests count as headline update so less time will be put into quests..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.