Behind The Scenes - October Edition

darkjab

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm these PvP worlds sound interesting, and I don't even like pking... :-k

Maybe I'll try 'em out, sounds good enough to break my retirement ::' (at least for one day)

But, will they be F2p, or won't they? that is the question... :?

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Sort of offtopic.. but.. is the scythe the first non-tradable holiday item or something? I have it aswell, but also missed out on some holiday items (no DSL back in the days).

No the bunny ears were the first non tradable holiday item

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=2529

edit: sorry i didnt see that someone already pointed that out

jpegsigtest.jpg

Sounds like a very promising Halloween event! \'

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I can't wait to start Making Armies \'

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Am I the only 1 who dislikes their new "update" system?

Really: for GWD I couldn't care less (if I want the thrill of beating boss monsters I could just goto the kq).. Or new skills don't matter for me at all (more pointless clicking)..

It's actually those "small" updates that keep me playing: quests! - Previously 2 quests a month was perfectly normal (1 quest every other week).. However with this I don't hink quests count as headline update so less time will be put into quests..

Well, maybe quests keep you playing, but that certainly doesn't go for everyone of us here. Variation is the key to keep everyone happy.

Rune mining in the wilderness may get quite dangerous again \'...

*Expects a rise in Rune Ore prices to compensate for it*

Come on rune miners, don't tell me you've become soft with the revenants babying us for the past several months ;).

Readies her super secret rune mining scout that has been sitting for months collecting a layer of *pixelated* dust.

Don't most Rune Miners use the one near the Dark Beasts still?

NO they will be mining in non PvP world...

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Am I the only 1 who dislikes their new "update" system?

Really: for GWD I couldn't care less (if I want the thrill of beating boss monsters I could just goto the kq).. Or new skills don't matter for me at all (more pointless clicking)..

It's actually those "small" updates that keep me playing: quests! - Previously 2 quests a month was perfectly normal (1 quest every other week).. However with this I don't hink quests count as headline update so less time will be put into quests..

So you don't like GWD... well if they've just said there's going to be a big update every month then soon there probably will be a big update that you like. They aren't just going to clone and relocate GWD every month you know.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

PvP worlds aren't meant to affect skillers that much... but it will offer a spin to a lot of the gameplay done. You will have to fight for your spots sometimes. For those willing to take a risk, they will find spots that will be a lot more empty than most spots. They will just need to be able to defend it or get away from it. Or find a spot thats more hidden than others. You trade off a risk of dying for better spots to train where it is less crowded.

I wonder though. What will be the rules on teleporting? Will Teleblock become a spell again? There are so many things that will affect the PvP worlds and how things happen in those worlds.

But not many are gonna be going there to skill, obviously. They weren't made for skillers, they were made for pk'ers to have their fun again. But I'm just pointing out that there could be skilling and training involved in these worlds.

And to TheHunted616: Suffer for what? ... Thank god there aren't many pures or pkers around here cause this topic would have become a flame war.

I like this BTS so far, all that matters is how well they execute these updates... as always.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

If teleblock doesn't come back maybe PKer's will PK exclusively in 30+ wild (where tele is not allowed)

Im excited for the PvP worlds ...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If teleblock doesn't come back maybe PKer's will PK exclusively in 30+ wild (where tele is not allowed)

Invested 100M in a whole bunch of stuff... hoping to double my investment once the PvP worlds come \'

If you're under 30 wild you can still tele with a glory, maybe other jewelery too

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Sounds like it'll be an exciting month.

Although their example of --Look, its my tree. If you dont stop chopping it...Ill chop you!-- doesn't seem all that realistic.

Unless training skills in PvP worlds yields additional exp, I can't see anyone training much of anything in them. More likely than not, griefers would come around and kill whoever is innocently training.

160vy.png

Invested 100M in a whole bunch of stuff... hoping to double my investment once the PvP worlds come \'

If you're under 30 wild you can still tele with a glory, maybe other jewelery too

Uhhm. Isn't it 20?

recci-518.png

Okay, here's my two cents:

First off, I think it's [cabbage] how they are trying to make it seem like they are listening to us by "releasing one big and one or two small." That's exactly what they've BEEN doing, except NOW, they are legitimizing it. Typical Jagex spin doctoring... Oh well, at least now we can know what to expect. :)

Second, I am ecstatic about PvP Worlds...

But... I don't see why all content from October onward is PvP based... They are giving the loudmouth minority a large chunk of content with the PvP World.... Shouldn't that be enough?

alot of people, pure, high level and skillers complained amazingly on the old rants board about updates being dumb, and not aimed at them.

i dont disagree that the loud mouths get what they want, but at least now jagex might attempt to do something interesting. I HOPE.

point is, instead of these little quests that have no story line,(what was that 1 where the sea slugs took the kid and his train?) we actually might get something closer to a quest like the dig site.

I never said they needed to be tradeable or make us earn on it. I said it should be useful.

I doubt your using Holiday items daily...

A holiday item should be useful or fancy so people will use it.

Chicken Outfit: That outfit even though funny is mostly ugly.

(Saw a guy in Clan wars FFA: Running and i attacked him and he said "why does ever1 attack chickens>.<?"

hey I think that would be me.... I went in there couple days ago... might be a bit more then a week... with chicken costume & rubber chicken.

Fighterman_X.png

Sort of offtopic.. but.. is the scythe the first non-tradable holiday item or something? I have it aswell, but also missed out on some holiday items (no DSL back in the days).

actually, no. It was not. I my self was almost certain it wasn't but i had to check.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=rare_items.htm

These were dropped on Easter 2003. They were the first non-tradeable holiday drop.

bunny ears, first untradable.

20 for regular teleports, 30 for ring of life, dragonstone jewelery and ectophial. probobly elf crystal too, i don't have that

Elf Crystal is 20, I would know as I used that a few times pking when I was being NH/pking in multi or w/e. Theres some Gnome thing that teleports you up till 30, too. But its from the gnome delivery thing. So yeah. But its going to be interesting to see how they work out the level difference zones and the no-teleport area places. And I would assume that teleblock will be brought back... but I wouldn't count on it.

I wonder if the ditch will still exist in the PvP worlds, too... hmm. Theres so many things that could be in the PvP worlds, I really hope they did a good, quality job in making these work.

Danqazmlp: They said 1 quest per month, and usually it is 1 quest per month. Maybe 2 quests on months with 5 weeks in them. But there won't be less quests.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I like the idea of having a big update every month shame updates will be less frequent now. Although I do prefer the new way as long as the big updates are actually big.

This month though I cannot wait till the Haloween event as I love all holiday events. Don't care about P-King as I am not a player killer.

Halving the updates per month? means less quests, not a good thing imo.

If Jagex keeps going with filler quests, I will agree. If they start focusing on what players want, instead of single quest series that are on their own in terms of storyline, then they will be doing it right.

But a big update every month? I hope getting the Grand Exchange out of beta would be one of those big updates. If it's a big update, it should fill in more than what two little updates would do, and is better for the game. What would you rather have: A big update that fills up two weeks, or two small updates that you do and forget the same day that they're released.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

im very happy about this update, it seems as though last december and november rs took a turn for the worst( for pkers and stakers) Now its turning back these new updates actually seem worth it to come back to runescape for and imight

reminds me of rs classic? plus the only downside of the pvp is that som1s gona wait at edge of bank and get ready to blitz darkbow/dds spec run back in,i also think after u kill someone in pvp u should have like 180seconds to bank or you could cancel it whenever you would like so you wouldnt have pjers roaming.

R.I.P. R.S. S.T.A.K.I.N.G.

siggzormj1.jpg

Meh...it'll be an average month. I was hoping for some info on the 150th quest.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."