Master Slayer Guide by Axe Man Jack (AOW)

bigmoneyak

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great ^_^ just needs some updates here and there

like warped terrobirds, they are an amazing assignment, check erichermits guide and ask if you can put here

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing guide, I just have one question. I recently finished Smoking Kills to access the ability to gain points from completeing slayer tasks after 5 tasks without "Burthroping". By "Burthroping" you mean going to Burthrope and changing your task right? I hope so because I was just going to use the Burthrope slayer master to get those 5 tasks over with and to start gaining points from Duradel.

Kasalisk.png

Amazing guide, I just have one question. I recently finished Smoking Kills to access the ability to gain points from completeing slayer tasks after 5 tasks without "Burthroping". By "Burthroping" you mean going to Burthrope and changing your task right? I hope so because I was just going to use the Burthrope slayer master to get those 5 tasks over with and to start gaining points from Duradel.

5 non buthorpe tasks sorry. just do 5 mazchaca tasks and then whatever master you want from there.

Slay On

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

Hey I was just wanting your opinion on something Axe Man. Do you think ROW helps with whip drops? I hear many people say it does, then others who say they get more whips and more often without it. Personally, I have only gotten 3 since i got 85 slayer about 2 months ago. I don't camp them often like most people, just fight them during tasks or camp there for a day. So far I've gotten 1 whip on a task with ROW and 2 whips while camping, 1 without ROW and 1 with it. Do you think it makes any difference? Some lucky dudes get like 2 whips in a task. Grrrrr

tsg-90-slayer.gif

I_S1n.png

I give this guide 9/10 for the sole reason that there are no hide tabs, making it a drag to find everything in the massive amount of information.

That said all the information is amazing and I've been using this guide for slayer before I even officially joined the TIF. Adding the hide tabs would take very little time and I feel like it would do a lot for easing the amount of effort to get what I'm looking for. I don't love scrolling through all the burthope tasks when I know im looking for sumona's tasks...

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

• 1 month later...
I give this guide 9/10 for the sole reason that there are no hide tabs, making it a drag to find everything in the massive amount of information.

That said all the information is amazing and I've been using this guide for slayer before I even officially joined the TIF. Adding the hide tabs would take very little time and I feel like it would do a lot for easing the amount of effort to get what I'm looking for. I don't love scrolling through all the burthope tasks when I know im looking for sumona's tasks...

Ctrl-F, type in the name of the monster, hit enter. TA DA!

Sarcasm aside, this is really an awesome guide.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

I've found another safespot for bloodvelds in the slayer tower.

[hide=]bloodveldsafespot.png[/hide]

*note* places can be reversed.

Double post... I guess. (check the post times).

*EDIT* Found another one: [hide=]bloodveldsafespot2.png[/hide]

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

In your guide you stated to most likely Burthope / turn of the Terrorbirds, but they are quite sweet. I just tried them and they are extremely easy, tough not AFK'able.

First of all, always have protect from ranged on, which isn't challenging. The Gear I suggest are as following:

Use a whip with proselyte armour (black mask ofcourse) and you can chose what you use as offhand.

I found rune defender great here, but you can also use the zamorak godbook or falador shield 3, both for prayer.

I bring Crystal Chimes, dds, a superset(4) and 5 prayer pots (4). Next I take Bones to Peaches runes (nature/earth/water runes). You could take a mudstaff, but they drop earth runes anyway. Next take a few pineapple pizza's, but don't fill your inventory.

Take a terrorbird with you, with perhaps 3-4 pizza's in it, but empty is just as good. You will most likely take a few food to kill enough terrorbirds for a full inventory of bones. They hardly hit with their melee hit and they are extremely vulnerable to slash attack.

In 90% of the case, you just use the chimes before you attack and they won't turn invulnerable again before you kill them. I used 11 doses of prayer potion to kill 60 of them. Even less then I spend on Black Demons.

Why the terrorbird: To store loot thereby saving inventory space for bones.

They drop the following things a lot: Air runes / bolt tips / addy bolts (go into quiver slot) / raw sharks / swamp tar, several runes. It isn't worth a lot, but it adds up and pays for the few prayer potions you use.

Why do these: Very nice slayer experience. For a level 81 monster they have 150 hitpoints and that is sick (slayer) experience. And a great use for your Bones to Peaches spell. (or tabs)

I am combat 102 (+7) and I have no trouble cutting through these mobs. With higher combat you can easily do these without banking. Just bring 2 extra pouches in your terrorbird with you. If you don't want to use a terrorbird for the loot, use a fighting familiar seeing its a multicombat area.

Easy cheap, great experience!

Question is, is a cannon permitted?

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

What is your opinion on a Crystal bow + d'hides for crawling hands?

i find it better than melee becaues you don't have to run around collecting arrows or chasing monsters, and its not like they can really do much damage to you anyway.

Evilfish1.png

I think I'll do Baby Blacks :P

Ctrl-F, type in the name of the monster, hit enter. TA DA!

Sarcasm aside, this is really an awesome guide.

Little Jimmy is on TIF.

*Loads up page*

*goes to monster*

"Ooh, I need to bring a rope, a cabbage, a....

What the? Where'd the bit on Cliff cabbages go???"

Poor little Jimmy had his page constantly scroll due to loading pictures.

Yep, it really needs hide tags. The content itself is very good though, a very nice guide.

In your guide you stated to most likely Burthope / turn of the Terrorbirds, but they are quite sweet. I just tried them and they are extremely easy, tough not AFK'able.

First of all, always have protect from ranged on, which isn't challenging. The Gear I suggest are as following:

Use a whip with proselyte armour (black mask ofcourse) and you can chose what you use as offhand.

I found rune defender great here, but you can also use the zamorak godbook or falador shield 3, both for prayer.

I bring Crystal Chimes, dds, a superset(4) and 5 prayer pots (4). Next I take Bones to Peaches runes (nature/earth/water runes). You could take a mudstaff, but they drop earth runes anyway. Next take a few pineapple pizza's, but don't fill your inventory.

Take a terrorbird with you, with perhaps 3-4 pizza's in it, but empty is just as good. You will most likely take a few food to kill enough terrorbirds for a full inventory of bones. They hardly hit with their melee hit and they are extremely vulnerable to slash attack.

In 90% of the case, you just use the chimes before you attack and they won't turn invulnerable again before you kill them. I used 11 doses of prayer potion to kill 60 of them. Even less then I spend on Black Demons.

Why the terrorbird: To store loot thereby saving inventory space for bones.

They drop the following things a lot: Air runes / bolt tips / addy bolts (go into quiver slot) / raw sharks / swamp tar, several runes. It isn't worth a lot, but it adds up and pays for the few prayer potions you use.

Why do these: Very nice slayer experience. For a level 81 monster they have 150 hitpoints and that is sick (slayer) experience. And a great use for your Bones to Peaches spell. (or tabs)

I am combat 102 (+7) and I have no trouble cutting through these mobs. With higher combat you can easily do these without banking. Just bring 2 extra pouches in your terrorbird with you. If you don't want to use a terrorbird for the loot, use a fighting familiar seeing its a multicombat area.

Easy cheap, great experience!

Question is, is a cannon permitted?

Range prayer is not necessary. Simply go to the south-east hallway with 2 birds and 1 tortoise, and kill one while the other spawns. Then watch the cash and xp roll in, with no prayer needed.

Note: if you pray range the birds will try to melee you, but if you turn it off they'll keep trying to melee you until they finally manage to strike. BoB isn't needed, bring either bunyip, fire titan or unicorn (uni being best).

You can cannon the 2 in the northern-most room, but you'll need prayer and I don't recommend it.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

• 1 month later...

I take long breaks all the time from Runescape so I look at this guide for slayer to remind me all the time. Thanks

July 14 - If you update this the blacks in Taverly drop alot of crimsons now. Also with 88 summoning you wont need food at Goraks if your max combat and pimped out with good gear.

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

Basilisks are secretly one of the best monsters in the game to train on. They drop White mystic hats, Adamant ore, High Nature, and Water runes. Wear the Mirrored Shield. These monsters don't hit for much but if you need food you can use bones to peaches or utilize the safe spot shown in my photo. That is a bit of overkill though, only the very weak would need to use it. Note if you intend to range these, you need to use a throwing weapon, as you cannot fight these without use of the Mirrored shield.

Not true, you can use crossbows.

That aside, I could barely read the guide as all it seemed to be was a huge mass of pictures. While pictures are nice, they do not need to make up 80% of the visible guide. And you might want to tag the title of the thread that it has MASSIVE amounts of pictures for those who have limited data usage. The photos might be small, but that doesn't matter when there are that many.

Basilisks are secretly one of the best monsters in the game to train on. They drop White mystic hats, Adamant ore, High Nature, and Water runes. Wear the Mirrored Shield. These monsters don't hit for much but if you need food you can use bones to peaches or utilize the safe spot shown in my photo. That is a bit of overkill though, only the very weak would need to use it. Note if you intend to range these, you need to use a throwing weapon, as you cannot fight these without use of the Mirrored shield.

Not true, you can use crossbows.

That aside, I could barely read the guide as all it seemed to be was a huge mass of pictures. While pictures are nice, they do not need to make up 80% of the visible guide. And you might want to tag the title of the thread that it has MASSIVE amounts of pictures for those who have limited data usage. The photos might be small, but that doesn't matter when there are that many.

2 things:

you need to understand how old this guide is, some of the stuff, is bound to be outdated. The fact that even though things come and go, 80% of the guide hasn't changed much over the years, and its still the best.

and i do agree that there are a lot of pictures, but it is a massive guide its going to have a lot of pictures. I would like to see the monsters in hide tabs, and then arranged alphabetically as a whole list instead of by slayer master then by alphabetical.

Evilfish1.png

I think I'll do Baby Blacks :P

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent guide, the information was awesome

One thing I've found very useful is bringing the Falador shield 3 to dark beast tasks. It takes up 1 inventory spot, but it can restore all your prayer points once per day. Pretty useful IMO, and if you need space you can always destroy it and get it back for free.

Comboing that with my SGS, I bring 9 prayer potions to any amount of dark beasts and finish no problem in one trip :thumbsup:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009