Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Danger Will Robinson! (The do's and dont's in computing)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

OldJoe
[ Display Name History ]

OldJoe

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,922 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Joedeby
Well, since we are on the subject on CPU's i thought this could interest some of you: From sand to chip =)

http://www.globalfou... ... nd_to_chip

Haven't found a HD version of the video tho.

(thought this would be the most suiting topic)

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies
Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie
Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens
Je suis juste un cas désespérant
Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer
Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

teamoto
[ Display Name History ]

teamoto

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:tea moto
  • RSN2:totz-ket-jnr
i found out the hard way, about using out of spec USB extensions and/or adapters my pc only has 4 USB ports and all of which were being used by k/board, mouse and 2 HDD's, and I bought a nice extension that turns 1 port into 4 ports and it even had lights on it an all, the fact being is that when i bought the extension it never did ne thing except crash my pc and when i opened it, it had a feed back loop on the -5 Volts line, D'oh stupid me for buying a cheap piece of hardware, i learnt my lesson before i became a PC systems analyst. lolz imagine doing that on the job.

anywaythe morale of the story is always check item specs to make sure it wont crash or break ur pc and always check that USB peripherals are marked with highspeed USB or USB 2.0

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
Removing an empty PCI slot cover won't help cool your computer, it will just lead to it becoming very dusty.

Guest_jrhairychest_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_jrhairychest_
  • Guests
DO's
  • Putting together new PC's, upgrading mainboards and general upgrades - Read the manuals or check the manufacturers websites. Don't 'pretend' you know what you're doing until you 'know' what you're doing.
  • Buying a new PC - Buy one that suits your needs rather than go for a £2k one 'because it sounds good'. You'll end up with a white elephant that you paid way over the top for.
  • Research - Don't take someone elses word for it that posted on a forum :grin: . Check around, read reviews, ask questions and gain knowledge.
  • Run maintenance programs for windows and other utilities. The amount of people who don't do this and instead either re-install Windows or.....Buy a new PC( :-s ) simply because their performace has become sluggish is ridiculous. More often than not Windows, your browse, your registry and your hdd often needs a clean up rather than a totally new install. There are free programs out there that will help such as Ccleaner.
Don'ts
  • Listen to your best mate who isn't a tekkie or someone who just posts on a forum 'Get this cos its great'.
  • Spend more than you need to.
  • Buy/upgrade what you don't need.
  • Install anything you're unsure about or you won't use. Amazing how many programs we have installed that we never bother with.

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
I second the last don't. My old computer that had been running for 8 years had three pages of processes running on startup, and after I did a complete reinstall, and installed only what I used, It had less than 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users