Complete 2007 Barrows Guide

chenw

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small piece of advice. If you're going to put a post into the archive of wisdom... DON'T JUST COPY-PASTE 95% OF IT FROM THE TIP.IT GUIDE!!!

You FAIL!!!

0/10

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Scribbler_26.png

Scribbler_26.png

Scribbler_26.png

Slayer Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 1x Leaf-Bladed Sword

Barrows Drops: 1x Torag Hammers

Aviansies Drops: 2,000+ Bars, 2x Teeth Key Half

great guide 10/10 :thumbsup:

Best guide for barrows I've read, although i don't do barrows now as i went on 10 trips and spent 200k in items (mostly p pots) and barely got 75k back from it. -.-

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they dont shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

Sorry, but thinx I know better than you my friend -.-. I think your guide is great, but has one fatal flaw: the cheap method is NOT cheap enough. I can fix that...:

Helmet: Neitiznot>Arhim's Hood>Ghostly>Prosylite>Initiate.

Amulet: Glory>God Stole>Power.

Arrows: Emerald Bolts (e)> Diamond Bolts (e)> Rune Arrows.*

Cape: Wilderness Mage Arena Godcape>God Cloak>Obsidian Cape>Legends Cape.

Body: Dragonhide Top>Prosylite Top, Monk Robe Top>Initiate Top.

Legs: Prosylite Bottom>Dragonhid Bottom, Monk Robe Bottom>Initiate Bottom.

Shield: Unholy Book>Book of Balance>Spirit Shield

Boots: Mystic Boots>Climbing Boots>Metal Boots Adamant - Dragon

Ring: Seers Ring>Lunar Ring>Beacon Ring>ROL>Other DKS Rings.

Gloves: Chaos Gauntlets#>Barrows Gloves>Dragon Gloves>Other RFD Gloves

*Please note, all of the above arrows/bolts are rather expensive, and should only be brought if you are planning on using range. In bluk, these can be rather expensive.

#Please note, chaos gauntlets are ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for my method to work. If you are not using my method, do not use these. Use RFD gloves, or if you have not gone very far in RFD, mystic or other Magic Boosting gloves.

Weapons: For Barrowing With my Method, you will need 3 weapon types, A weapon (or for melee, maybe 2 weapons) for each style of Combat.

Melee: Whip/DDS combo>Dragon Scimitar/DDS combo>DDS

Range: Rune Crossbow>Magic Shortbow

Magic:Fire Staff>Air Staff

Invintory:

1 Spade, for accessing the Barrows

2 Prayer Potions, in case the worst happens

100 Fire Bolt Casts excluding either air or fire runes, depending on your staff.

10 Stackable one-click-teleports, teleport tablets recomended.

Your Melee Weapons, taking up either 1 or 2 slots in your invintory

Your Range Weapon, should you choose to bring one*

1 Super Attack Potion (Optional)

Fill the rest of your invintory with FOOD!!! Good which I like include Monkfish and Summer Pies. =D>

*If your ranged weapon is a Magic Shortbow, leave 1 invintory slot open, becuase it will un-equip your shield AND weapon.

When you get to Barrows in whatever way you like, best being to use a house portal to Canifis and then to use the MyrqueShortcut and Swampy Boaty, you should fight the borthers in the following order:

Dharok - Use Magic - Use Protect from Melee

Karil - Use Melee - Use Protect from Ranged

Arhim - Use Ranged or Melee, ranged preffered - If you have any prayer left after Dharok and Karil, use it on him for Protect from Magic

Verac - Use Magic - Do not use prayer if possible. Pray if you must with Protect from Melee.

Torag - Use Magic - Do Not Pray

Guthan - Use Magic - Pray if your Melee Defense is low with Protect from Melee, otherwise, Do Not Pray.

If your Borther-in-the-tunnel is either Dharok, Karil or Verac, then when you encounter them, Drink Some Prayer Potion and Pray the appropriate prayer based on which you are fighting. Before looting the central chest, be sure your kill count is 15+ (for good luck) and that you've killed EVERY BROTHER!!! I cannot Stress enough that you ABSOLUTELY MUST KILL EVERY BROTHER!!!

Thanx for reading. I'll Edit if I have spare Time!!

P.S. If you want info on recomended Stat, highscore me, and look at mine. PM in rs for more advice. My username is Panzerlord. My private is ussualy on. If it's not, then oh well, cry me a freaking river :lol: No, just kidding, I'm not that mean. Thanx agen for reading and good luck with ur life

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

• 3 weeks later...
A small piece of advice. If you're going to put a post into the archive of wisdom... DON'T JUST COPY-PASTE 95% OF IT FROM THE TIP.IT GUIDE!!!

You FAIL!!!

0/10

Troll. maybe tipit stole it from him?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I'll be honest...I didn't read EVERY word of this because I was looking for certain aspects.

I'm pretty sure you didn't touch on the facts that for people with a decent defense level and good protective armor, there are safe spots for the Melee brothers.

In each of their respective crypts, there is atleast 1 safe spot. I will make this part of the guide for you later today if you want - I'm currently in the fight caves going for a fire cape. Logged out for a break since I keep messing up.

But to sum it up quickly - Along each of the walls of the crypt are rock formations. On the low definition game, they are like 3 little rocks in a bunch. With a high enough defense level, you can lure the brother against the wall either in front or in back of you.

- Auto Retaliate should be off

- He must be against the wall, being on your side will not work. To get him against the wall just run up or down the wall to get him behind you.

I will post a crude MS paint picture I just made until I can go get actual pictures in a few hours.

The green dot is YOU, and the red dot is the BROTHER.

safespotel4.jpg

w664.png

This will work if you have a high defense level, or good armor. I cannot stress this enough. You will not be using prayer here, so for a few seconds, you will be taking damage from the brothers. I recommend wasting a dose of prayer potion for dharok if you didn't kill him first as his axe hits aren't fun.

When you attack the trapped brother, DO NOT click to the shooting spot to step out. If you click attack, you will run there on your own. The only spot you will be clicking is IMMEDIATELY back to the safe spot.Wasting any time could result in the brother side stepping the rock...and diagonal safe spots no longer work here.

You will use ALOT of run energy doing this method, but save prayer potions in the meantime. I recommend bringing a 4 dose super energy restore, purple sweets if you have them lying around, or if you have a terrorbird, use it's scrolls. You'll be amazed at how fast your run energy drops.

Here's how I recommend you kill the brothers if you're doing this method.

1.) Dagger spec karil to death with prayer on

2.) Melee/range ahrim with prayer on

3.) Dharok with safespot/1 dose prayer getting him to spot

4.) Verac with safe spot

5.) Guthan with safe spot

6.) Torag with safe spot

There is a rock that will work in the final chest room, but it's very hard to get to. It's in one of the corners.

Black Salamander method works best for me. It's cheap, and fairly effective. Only one I have trouble with is Karil, and Ahrim if I try to use the Salamander, for that reason I take a rune c'bow along with some broads to take out Ahrim. I just struggle on with Karil though, because whip doesn't work too well on him for me either :|

Great guide though <3

AvantGardeSignaturev3.png

• 3 weeks later...

Nice guide, but needs more detail.

I find you can do almost 5 runs per trip with just a little modification to the equipment.

Replace the rune arrows with broad bolts (cheaper) the magic short bow with rune c'bow (hits harder and a lot less 0's). You can have a full inventory when you start a trip and don't need to drop anything to use your range weapon).

Add a sara brew (2 if you want to boost your HP before each run), the same amount of super restores (give more prayer point back and counters the brew) and a basket of strawberries.

Replace all the food with pineapple pizzas - cheap (can be made for about 300pg if you want to save even more), effective and heal 22 per slot.

Ditch the extra shield (the magic bonus one) and simply take off your melee defence shield when your maging with prayer.

As for barrows being profit-able or not it still is, just a less profitable then before.

You make money even without barrows items being dropped, since the bolts, runes and gp more then pay for the supplies.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I was wondering if anyone could make a gear setup w/o veracs in it?

I currently got this:

weapons: Whip, DD++

armor: full black d hide, rune plate, d sq shield, d med, d boots, d legs, god cape + legends cape

magic lvl - 76

prayer lvl - 54

ranged - 70

attack - 87

def - 80

str - 91

could anyone please make me a setup with all the pots+food included?

Thanks in advance

I was wondering if anyone could make a gear setup w/o veracs in it?

I currently got this:

weapons: Whip, DD++

armor: full black d hide, rune plate, d sq shield, d med, d boots, d legs, god cape + legends cape

magic lvl - 76

prayer lvl - 54

ranged - 70

attack - 87

def - 80

str - 91

could anyone please make me a setup with all the pots+food included?

Thanks in advance

Helm neitznot (sp?) helm

Fury or glory

Rune Plate (I would advice you buy torags/veracs top).

D Legs (same as plate, get Torags/Veracs legs if you can)

D Boots

God Cape (Magic boost one)

Air/Slayer staff

D square

Broad Bolts

Barrows gloves

Inv

Black d'hide top

Black d'hide bottoms

Spade

House teletab

Mind and Deaths or Bloods

2 sara brews

2 super restores

1 prayer potion

Rune c'bow

Whip

DDS

Rune Defender

Rest pineapple pizzas (or monkfish if your only doing 1 or 2 runs per trip)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You FAIL!!!

0/10

little harsh, lol.

Paragon.png

You FAIL!!!

0/10

little harsh, lol.

Did you read the credits section on Tip.it's guide?

Authors: Deadman Andy and chenw

This guy was the co author of the Tip.it barrows guide :wall:

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey chenw..

Thanks for taking care of the Pinkies. This one is dear to my heart.

I'm smiling proud and happy. You did good!

The new AOW looks great, as well, crewbies! Great job!

First time I've logged on in many moons, and I am just so thrilled with the forum. If there was one of ya'll around to kiss when I saw my "old index" still a sticky, you would have gotten a sloppy one. I think I'll go read the Cannon Noob story again, because I feel like a TOTAL NOOB bumbling around this game. Did you know there's a circus in town? I sure didn't.

Until I saw someone with a RED CAVALIER!!!! Woot! A what? Ringmasters hat, eh? What that? Circus?????? Oh my.

Anyway.. had to log on, and post this, bcause it really made my night. For you crewbies that are newer, this ex-crewbie had great passion for the Archive of Widsom. It all started with one post, that became a sticky, that blew up into a forum of guide writers.

So, I was thrilled to see how sweet it looks, and all of Tip.It's player guide writers are impressive! Its evolved alot, and its been taken care of. Thanks to Pokemama for nurturing it while it had no one assigned to do so, and for the good work of you folks that were.

*sniff sniff* Thanks Tip.It.

Shh. I wasn't here. :P

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Hi guys, my stats are in my signature, I was wondering if I'm too weak to take on barrows?

Any advice? (Preferably that doesn't involve buying expensive items :shame: )

Proud owner of Questcape since 4th July 2009!! :D :D

sphinxor_86.png

Hi guys, my stats are in my signature, I was wondering if I'm too weak to take on barrows?

Any advice? (Preferably that doesn't involve buying expensive items :shame: )

Should be fine.

The only issue you might have will be ahrim due to your low range level.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

the method that works best for me is using a combination of ancient magicks/black sally

On all melee brothers except dharok (which i simply use sally with pro from melee) i trap them behind a rock, freeze, then use the sally to fire diagonally without getting hurt (you can attack 3 times before the freeze wheres off), go back behind the rock, wait 3 seconds till they are again vulnerable to freezing and repeat.

(i know it may seem confusing)

On karil i use dragon dagger spec then whip with a super attack and chivalry

On ahrim i pray mage and use diamond bolts (e)

I'm slightly confused... why exactly do you use prayer pots? It makes no sense to me...perhaps bring one on the off chance you may bless someone...

For boss monsters and harder monsters mostly. if you can use the protect against melee, protect against missiles, and protect against magic people use it a lot. it prevents any damage taken from a monster using that type of attack.

Paragon.png