Gears of War 2

monkeyboo2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game. Story mode is pretty good, intense action, better environments than the first. My only complaint is that they still haven't improved some of the over-the-top characters from the first game that annoy me so much. Dialogue can be a bit cheesy, but it made me laugh at some points, like [hide=Spoilers]"IT'S A GIANT WORM! OUR CITIES ARE BEING DESTROYED BY A GIANT WORM![/hide]

Also got into multiplayer quite a bit. It's a major improvement over the first, with matchmaking, party system, and better netcode. It also had a voting system which allows you to choose between 2 maps and 2 gametypes. My big complaint about multiplayer is that the netcoding is still pretty mediocre compared to games like COD4. It also limits your effectiveness with the hammerburst, since you need to be able to place precision shots with it, and a laggy game can make that hard.

jjroxlu7.jpg

What is needed to play as ALL of the playable characters online?

I'm pretty sure it's:

1. Dom- Beat first level in Gears 1

2. General RAAM-Beat General RAAM-any difficulty right?

3.Kim collect 10 COG tags.

That's all right? Speaking in terms of playable GoW 2 characters that can only be unlocked in GoW 1.

Ok I now know it's:

1. Anthony Carmine-Complete Act 1

2. Minh Young Kim- Collect 10 COG tags

3. General RAAM- A Dish best served cold

Have all of those except RAAM. Brutal.

Played it quite a bit at a friend's house last night. I joined a Live session of Horde on wave ten, and over the next two or three hours we made it to wave 20, where we were getting owned. My friend was offered a job of playing GOW1 competitively, so apparently it's that ridiculous.

Played a bit of co-op campaign as well. It's decent. The missions seem too drawn-out and boring at times, but usually stay fun.

p2gq.jpg

I got the game last night, been playing it for 12 hours straight(lol)

It can basiclly be summed up in 1 word, EPIC!!

[hide=Warning - spoiler]The campaign is great, and unfortunatly, Carmine does die :cry:[/hide]

But overall, the game is absolutly amazing. The lancer is both recreated and sounds amazing. so does the COG pistol. The whole thing is well done. The new weapons are nice, (flamethrower, mulcher, mortar, ink grenade)

[hide=]HOLY [cabbage] A [bleep]ING WORM!!! you do get to ride reavers and brumaks (the big dinosaur things)[/hide]

I really like Horde mode, its a lot of fun with 5 experienced Gears players (my and my friends got to wave 30 on insane last night)

there is no doubt that this game deserves a 10/10

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

What is needed to play as ALL of the playable characters online?

I'm pretty sure it's:

1. Dom- Beat first level in Gears 1

2. General RAAM-Beat General RAAM-any difficulty right?

3.Kim collect 10 COG tags.

That's all right? Speaking in terms of playable GoW 2 characters that can only be unlocked in GoW 1.

Ok I now know it's:

1. Anthony Carmine-Complete Act 1

2. Minh Young Kim- Collect 10 COG tags

3. General RAAM- A Dish best served cold

Have all of those except RAAM. Brutal.

The RAAM character should be bigger really, doesn't dwarf anyone like he should. I still use him over any other locust though.

I got the game last night, been playing it for 12 hours straight(lol)

It can basiclly be summed up in 1 word, EPIC!!

[hide=Warning - spoiler]The campaign is great, and unfortunatly, Carmine does die :cry: [/hide]

But overall, the game is absolutly amazing. The lancer is both recreated and sounds amazing. so does the COG pistol. The whole thing is well done. The new weapons are nice, (flamethrower, mulcher, mortar, ink grenade)

[hide=]HOLY [cabbage] A [bleep] WORM!!! you do get to ride reavers and brumaks (the big dinosaur things)[/hide]

I really like Horde mode, its a lot of fun with 5 experienced Gears players (my and my friends got to wave 30 on insane last night)

there is no doubt that this game deserves a 10/10

Wtf dude... SPOILER, thanks.

tFtfA.jpg

Well, I just got this but im confused. This is my first gears game ever. Wtf is a Golden Lancer?

Chainsaw gun that the main characters use. Maybe you should pick up the first game first, I'm sure you could get it for like $20 somewhere. Just a suggestion.

Horde is a lot of fun. Me and a couple of friends played some waves on hardcore, it was actually tons of fun.

I got some complaints about multiplayer though. Chainsaw is totally overpowered, it's really hard to stop someone charging at you. The shotgun is almost useless since it's so weak now (one point blank shot should kill someone...it turns the shotgun into a useless close range weapon compared to the chainsaw...).

jjroxlu7.jpg

On Gears 1 I can't do RAAM on Hardcore, I need help or tips. :cry:

Onto Gears 2, 2.1m sales on day one, o rly? So that means there are approximately 2.1 million golden lancers in the game. Sooooo....if a team mate or enemy dies, can you pick up their golden gun? And now that I saw gameplay, it looks [developmentally delayed]ed and does not fit.

On Gears 1 I can't do RAAM on Hardcore, I need help or tips. :cry:

Onto Gears 2, 2.1m sales on day one, o rly? So that means there are approximately 2.1 million golden lancers in the game. Sooooo....if a team mate or enemy dies, can you pick up their golden gun? And now that I saw gameplay, it looks [developmentally delayed] and does not fit.

You had to get the limited edition to get the gold lancer if I'm not mistaken. Gamestop sold out of the limited edition by the time I preordered :(

tFtfA.jpg

I watched my brother for a little while. I guess it was just because he was playing online like the original Gears, or maybe because I never got on the series' bandwagon, but it looked the same as the last one, albeit brighter and bloodier.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Just played a game of Hordes, it was pretty fun but my team was kinda weak. Some guy that sounded like he was 15 keep dieing when he got in direct combat with the horde, and rarely got kills outside of the secure area on Security (I think the map is called). Made it through 18 rounds, and we all just died by stupid mistakes or at least I did, turning around and getting blown up by the security laser when I was getting the flamethrower.

tFtfA.jpg