Why are YOU playing runescape?

Grogtholomew

So you have to have an excuse. It's not the most spectacular game in the world, it's a load of fun i admit but we all have our reason. our source of boredom that drives us to mindlessly click away at the screen for hours on end with little reward.

I myself played back when there was one server and fewer than 5000 players. i quit a few years later and now a severe injury has left me on bed rest for a few months, alas i have nothing better to do with my day.

so how about you. are you bored at work? skipping school? are you 40 years old and hoping mom brings down another pb and j sammich?

gregory13.png

Maybe I like the game. Why do I have to have some negative excuse to keep playing it?

You know, god forbid I play because I enjoy getting levels, doing the quests, mini-games, etc. I'll just do it because I'm waiting for mommy to bring me down lunchies. On second thought I'm not going to feed this troll.

/troll thread

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

i'm not bashing the game!

i also enjoy the entire aspect of runescape, why else would i pay money to get the extra members features.

but you cannot deny that there are millions of better things we could all spend that time on, hense there must be a reason other than "i like it!"... dig a little deeper.

gregory13.png

Of course there are better things we could be doing with our time, but then again, it is our time, so we're free to spend it as we please. Damn the person that dares to say that I've 'wasted' what belongs to me and only me.

Besides, I play because it's a game. Games keep me distracted from reality, and no one person amongst us can happily admit that they can live their lives without games.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I like it coz i'm sick of those cliche gun shooting games. Not only that but i've played guild wars which is quite fun but it lacks the monster drops like runescape, it lacks minigames and also lacks players when you leave a city (it gets lonely killing monsters all by yourself) plus the monsters don't respawn until you go to a city and then leave it which really frustrates me.

But anyway I like RS coz it's completely different to other games, that, and the rest just don't have that OOMPF factor. With RS there's ALWAYS something to do too. Whether it's getting every item in the game, getting all 99's (and we all know how long they take ;) ) or getting 200M in every skill :lol: so yeah it keeps me busy no matter how much time I have on my hands.

Ah yes, and RS takes me away from reality when everything turns to custard :?

2vuhgcn.png

I don't buy what people say about only playing the game because they like it and no other reason. The game is fun, but to a certain extent only. Past the initital newb stages where everything seems so awesome, and everything is left to explore, the game becomes a grindfest. And the longer you spend time with the community, the more you start noticing how obnoxious it is. Just the community alone is a huge daily annoyance. Add that to the fact Jagex hasn't come up with an interesting update for quite some time now. There was GWD, then summoning, but ever since then it's been very dry and there's not much to do for old players.

Personally, there's a million other things I would prefer to be doing right now than being on internet. But because of circonstances, that's how it is for now, but hopefully some time soon that's going to change. I just don't understand someone who would willingly sacrifice other things in order to play RS. Inrl > internet, the vast majority of people would agree with that. So if you're on internet playing RS too, out of all the mmorpgs, then I can only think that there's some sort of dark reason why you ended up in that position. If you have no dark reason why you're there, then that means that somewhere along the way you decided that RS was going to be more fun than inrl.

2480+ total

Inrl > internet, the vast majority of people would agree with that. So if you're on internet playing RS too, out of all the mmorpgs, then I can only think that there's some sort of dark reason why you ended up in that position. If you have no dark reason why you're there, then that means that somewhere along the way you decided that RS was going to be more fun than inrl.

Thanks for the psychological evaluation =D> .

Zerker_jane.png

why do i need a reason? why do i have to have an excuse to play this great game?

personaly i have played runescape since RSC and now i just can't stop because then it would have been a waste of time...

Runescape is MY game and i will never stop playing

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Well I've been playing for about 3 years, my character has developed so much and many more options have opened up to me so the game has fewer limits everytime I play. It is fun, I've made a lot of friends.

I play because I enjoy this game.

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

So you have to have an excuse.

You're an idiot.

Noone has to have an excuse to play a game, if they find it fun that's a reason, not an excuse.

Personally I find it a great mixture of RPG and player interaction, and I've honestly never cared for good graphics, and never broken the rules to have to encounter Jagex's customer support.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113