YouTube's new button

fgfuyfyuiuy0

I think it's a gimmick. If a blink person wants music, they wont want youtube. If they want to listen to news, they'll probably go to a news site. I don't see any real use behind it. Not like a blind person will be able to search a video, find the right one, add a comment and find the text to speech button by themselves either. So, gimmick.

P.S.

Give me my damn sweatshirt. Clean.

rangesig.gif

I think it's a gimmick. If a blink person wants music, they wont want youtube. If they want to listen to news, they'll probably go to a news site. I don't see any real use behind it. Not like a blind person will be able to search a video, find the right one, add a comment and find the text to speech button by themselves either. So, gimmick.

P.S.

Give me my damn sweatshirt. Clean.

I hate how they don't have something saying why they added stuff or what's new.

P.S.

NO.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

@ blind people on the interwebs.

There is an app that reads everything to you. So, blind people go on google, which it tells them they are on, and it reads off the links the searched. It does most things like clicking in search boxes and it also formats web pages into text and hyperlinks that the blind person skims through with the arrow key.

Saw a video with that program. It was about a blind person working at google. He uses the app to finish his daily programming job.

Yep, blind people can use computers too. Maybe not as easily since everything is created for people who can see but they do ok. Web standards are set up so that it is easier for the blind to browse the internet, such as giving alt-text to pictures so their reader apps can tell them what the picture is.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The recorded called baalboy. 'ballboy'

:|

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I had it say "Wake up, Blaine, a wonderful new day is here to greet you!" around 50 times this morning until my roommate got up. He gave me the dumbest look in the world and then we both busted out in laughter. Thank you, YouTube!

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Actually guys, if you all go to control panel on your computer and select "Sounds, Speech and Audio devices" and click "Speech", a pop-up would appear where you can type whatever you want and Microsoft Sam would say it out for you. It translates much faster than youtube and you can select the speed.

To download Microsoft Mary and Microsoft Mike, click http://www.kitchensinc.griffithsgoodies.com/ttsgames/SpeechXP[Caution: Executable File], its safe and contains no virus.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I know someone that has been blind almost his entire life, due to some disease that the doctors didn't notice soon enough. His eyes hurt him so badly (He was only a few months old) so they had to be cut out.

He uses the computer; however he isn't interested in the internet at all. He has a braille screen and keyboard, as well as a speech synthesizer. He's very good with his hands, he can type quite fast. So yeah, blind people use computers, but I have yet to meet a blind person that uses the internet.

It also makes me appreciate the fact that I can see.

C2b6gs7.png

This topic stumbled upon one of my pet peeves. A big thank you to all the people who knew about computer applications and computer aids for the blind. I was about to despair when I read the idiotic comments on the first page of this thread.

There are computer devices for all those who are disabled, be it if they are blind, deaf, motorically or mentally disabled. Considering the importance of a computer and Internet in our lives, this is no more than logical and, need I say, correct. Many of these people are isolated enough without being cut off from our new communication methods.

There are very easy ways of making your website accessible to everyone and if Youtube works on the accessibility of their site, we ought to applaud that. We need more awareness and efforts the make the Internet accessible for all.

/end sermon. My, I'm really in preaching mode today.

Nw I look uncivilised in contrast to Sumpta's post.But the first thing I did upon finding it was let out a string of vulgarities to see how he'd pronounce it.I did that to dialect too,he fails.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Maybe I'm missing something, but... If blind people use their computer applications to navigate the web, why does Youtube need a button for it? Doesn't the program already do the job?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

what about dyslexic people? :roll:

1. Congrats on a failed use of the " :roll: " face.

2. I assume you're meaning there should be a feature on YouTube to help dyslexic people. YouTube staff cannot write a program to help dyslexic people. They don't all see the same letters/numbers/words switched around, therefore writing a program to put those things in a more understandable order for dyslexic people would only cause far more confusion than their dyslexia already burdens them with.