Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Slayer, imo.. is the best way to train Combat.

There may be faster ways out there, but that's just boring. Standing in the same place.

It offers variety. Different tasks > staying in one spot. When you reach a high enough level the cash that can and will be made is immense. The charms gathered is also a bonus.

Xp, charms and cash. What's so sucky about Slayer?

Those who think Slayer is sucky for Xp or whatever else, obviously need a higher slayer level. When somebody gets 90+ Slayer and comes back and says Slayers sucky, then I'll listen.

You don't get 90 slayer if you think it's sucky. Please read the entire post. The XP is bad, the charms are bad, the cash is horrible. For more detail, read the first post. It has a bit more information then the title :-)

Many of my stats over 90, I think are " Sucky ". Slayer not included.

How can you say the cash through Slayer is horrible? You don't even have 83 slayer. Yes, it is at a lower level. Once you hit 83+ that's where the big cash comes in. As with any other skill, the higher the level, the more likely it is you will make better money. Prices since GE came, have fell. Slayer isn't as good with money as it was before. But it's still pretty damn good.

Yes, the Charms through Slayer isn't as fast as Fiends/Lobs, but as I said, Different tasks > Capming in one place.

Anyone you talk to, with 90+ Slayer will tell you the same thing.

Skinzo04.png

[saradomin hilt - 3] [Armadyl hilt - 1] [ Bandos hilt - 3]

[ Abyssal whip - 88] [ Dark bow - 7] [ Dragon boots - 100+]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slayer, imo.. is the best way to train Combat.

There may be faster ways out there, but that's just boring. Standing in the same place.

It offers variety. Different tasks > staying in one spot. When you reach a high enough level the cash that can and will be made is immense. The charms gathered is also a bonus.

Xp, charms and cash. What's so sucky about Slayer?

Those who think Slayer is sucky for Xp or whatever else, obviously need a higher slayer level. When somebody gets 90+ Slayer and comes back and says Slayers sucky, then I'll listen.

You don't get 90 slayer if you think it's sucky. Please read the entire post. The XP is bad, the charms are bad, the cash is horrible. For more detail, read the first post. It has a bit more information then the title :-)

Many of my stats over 90, I think are " Sucky ". Slayer not included.

How can you say the cash through Slayer is horrible? You don't even have 83 slayer. Yes, it is at a lower level. Once you hit 83+ that's where the big cash comes in. As with any other skill, the higher the level, the more likely it is you will make better money. Prices since GE came, have fell. Slayer isn't as good with money as it was before. But it's still pretty damn good.

Yes, the Charms through Slayer isn't as fast as Fiends/Lobs, but as I said, Different tasks > Capming in one place.

Anyone you talk to, with 90+ Slayer will tell you the same thing.

That's exactly what I'm saying - the time spent at 83+ slayer where your earning 300k an hour at abbys or mages is small; on AVERAGE your seeing 50-75k an hour profit. The tasks vs. camping argument was, as every other argument, addressed in my first post. Re-read it carefully - it might change a future post ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I prefer slayer because it gives a bit of variety. If for example I wanted to train combat without slayer, what exactly would I train on? Sorry but no monster I know of gives good charms, xp and money. Slayer can give all of that..once task may give good xp, but bad money, the next, fast xp but not charms and only a bit of money. If I wanted fast xp, money or charms, I would not be doing slayer.

chat142744sx.png

32078824.png

gomu_pistol.png

I think I can end this discussion, or at least provide some insight...

This will be with all bad tasks blocked, skipping all bad tasks, and with 90+ Slayer. (Surprisingly not THAT hard to achieve... well, at least to 99.)

The cash is decent, and the xp aint bad too. You get 70k+ xp/hour, and more than enough to pay back for piety/cannonballs.

But in the end, Slayer falls short in every way. Except Slayer xp. How much you value the Slayer xp, if at all, is personal opinion, which cannot be proven by a fact. There.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

It is a matter of opinion really, I got my Slayer to 90 so that I could have the option to fight every beast but now I am training my Strength on Abyssals because I find it relaxing. The Slayer fanatics go skitz if they see someone camping, and those that think training Slayer is a sin think the cape is a no life piece of garbage.

I've been saying this for months. It's like people can't get wrapped around their heads that slayer is no longer good money, nor good exp. Their biggest argument is "oh but it's fun, it adds variety". It still inefficient.

Slayer was good when whips were 5M and nobody had 85 slayer. 85 slayer was nice nice money. Now that's 100% gone, and all you really get is the drops from the monsters you kill. It's like people can't seem to understand that no matter which monster you kill, slayer or not, you will get exp and drops, there's nothing special about it, stop spatting out every 5 seconds "oh but its good exp and good money!". It isn't, it's nothing special and defintively not worth the time anymore.

2480+ total

I've been saying this for months. It's like people can't get wrapped around their heads that slayer is no longer good money, nor good exp. Their biggest argument is "oh but it's fun, it adds variety". It still inefficient.

Slayer was good when whips were 5M and nobody had 85 slayer. 85 slayer was nice nice money. Now that's 100% gone, and all you really get is the drops from the monsters you kill. It's like people can't seem to understand that no matter which monster you kill, slayer or not, you will get exp and drops, there's nothing special about it, stop spatting out every 5 seconds "oh but its good exp and good money!". It isn't, it's nothing special and defintively not worth the time anymore.

I can make money so much faster then I do fishing and woodcutting, does that mean every single runescaper should utterly abandon these skills and just have half the rs population go GW boss hunting? Nu uh. As mentioned, slayer is a skill and if you want a good all-around account then you will sooner or later have to train it. Since when was slayer all about money anyway? If your only motive in slayer is to get 85 slayer and camp at abby demons you have some serious re-considering to do, the perks of slayer are variety, yes. To me, the slower exp/hr is worth it even from the experience perspective. How? Because if I bore and I see I have 100 monsters left, I will happily kill those last 100 monsters. If I bore in standard training, I will go on to something else instantly - I don't play this game for stats but for fun.

Having said it - many people find slayer FUN. Who is anyone to argue that people shouldn't do what they find enjoyable?

While your objective in slayer has been nerfed, that does not mean everyone elses is.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I can make money so much faster then I do fishing and woodcutting, does that mean every single runescaper should utterly abandon these skills and just have half the rs population go GW boss hunting? Nu uh. As mentioned, slayer is a skill and if you want a good all-around account then you will sooner or later have to train it. Since when was slayer all about money anyway? If your only motive in slayer is to get 85 slayer and camp at abby demons you have some serious re-considering to do, the perks of slayer are variety, yes. To me, the slower exp/hr is worth it even from the experience perspective. How? Because if I bore and I see I have 100 monsters left, I will happily kill those last 100 monsters. If I bore in standard training, I will go on to something else instantly - I don't play this game for stats but for fun.

Having said it - many people find slayer FUN. Who is anyone to argue that people shouldn't do what they find enjoyable?

While your objective in slayer has been nerfed, that does not mean everyone elses is.

That is true; HOWEVER, most skills, at least at one time, have a reason to train them. You could get 55 slayer and go about your business without ever once missing it - no quests require higher, and spiritual mages are about the only monster you will commonly bump into requiring a higher level.

I guess it all boils down to this. Slayer is a very bad way to train combat, the cash, XP, and charms are all far outdone by other places. It is wiledly inefficient, somewhat dangerous at times, and very frustrating at others. Training the skill to a high level has virtually zero advantages, and the skill is trained for the fun of training, not to gain XP. I just wish people wouuld say that instead of saying 'slayer' on every thread asking how to train combat. If people enjoy the skill and are willing to make huge sacrifices for it, then let them make that choice. But it aint the best way, not by a long shot (IN MY OPINION; OTHERS MAY VARY) ;)

I prefer slayer because it gives a bit of variety. If for example I wanted to train combat without slayer, what exactly would I train on? Sorry but no monster I know of gives good charms, xp and money. Slayer can give all of that..once task may give good xp, but bad money, the next, fast xp but not charms and only a bit of money. If I wanted fast xp, money or charms, I would not be doing slayer.

Except that you can earn more money, get more XP, and get far more charms from different monsters in the time it would take you to train slayer. That argument is stuipd; and it has already been addressed in my first post. Please re read.

I think I can end this discussion, or at least provide some insight...

This will be with all bad tasks blocked, skipping all bad tasks, and with 90+ Slayer. (Surprisingly not THAT hard to achieve... well, at least to 99.)

The cash is decent, and the xp aint bad too. You get 70k+ xp/hour, and more than enough to pay back for piety/cannonballs.

But in the end, Slayer falls short in every way. Except Slayer xp. How much you value the Slayer xp, if at all, is personal opinion, which cannot be proven by a fact. There.

Very true. If you find slayer fun, then it is your personal choice to slow down your XP so that you can train slayer. Just know that your sacrificing huge amounts of cash and XP. The common opinion appears to be 'ya well slayer is the best overall way to train combat'. It isn't. If you find it fun, then train it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

If I can make 100k p/hour at TUROTHS, slayer obv isnt that bad.

Slayer monsters generally have more drops than normal monsters, so the chance of getting good ones are low.

Lots of charms come from slayer creatures, everyone knows it, especially the higher level ones, but still not as much as certain others.

You dont need 83+ to get good money, you need like 50. Lots of slayer creatures drop clues also, so some people would put the clue prize as a slayer reward.

Slayer IS definately overrated, but the people that overrate it are just the higher level slayers who get generally 'lucky' drops.

People who say slayer is the best xp in the game, are wrong, and yet sort-of right in a different way,

People who bash slayer and say it sucks, are probably the people who just wanna go to a spot and max out their combat.

As its been said, Slayer just adds variety, nothing to get mad over

*has had sleep* :D

Very true. If you find slayer fun, then it is your personal choice to slow down your XP so that you can train slayer. Just know that your sacrificing huge amounts of cash and XP. The common opinion appears to be 'ya well slayer is the best overall way to train combat'. It isn't. If you find it fun, then train it.

Slayer monsters dont generally give good xp. Only a few tasks do/can, EG bloodvelds for range, and black demons for melee/range.

I personally find slayer fun, but stop as soon as i get a bad task. I eventually just do the task and everything, get a new one and its usually bad again :| .

But seriously, I think this has gone long enough,

P.S. I got over 150k range xp in turoths, fire giants, and turoths.

It's not that bad. :|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

If I can make 100k p/hour at TUROTHS, slayer obv isnt that bad.

Slayer monsters generally have more drops than normal monsters, so the chance of getting good ones are low.

Lots of charms come from slayer creatures, everyone knows it, especially the higher level ones, but still not as much as certain others.

You dont need 83+ to get good money, you need like 50. Lots of slayer creatures drop clues also, so some people would put the clue prize as a slayer reward.

Slayer IS definately overrated, but the people that overrate it are just the higher level slayers who get generally 'lucky' drops.

People who say slayer is the best xp in the game, are wrong, and yet sort-of right in a different way,

People who bash slayer and say it sucks, are probably the people who just wanna go to a spot and max out their combat.

As its been said, Slayer just adds variety, nothing to get mad over

*has had sleep* :D

Slayer monsters dont generally give good xp. Only a few tasks do/can, EG bloodvelds for range, and black demons for melee/range.

I personally find slayer fun, but stop as soon as i get a bad task. I eventually just do the task and everything, get a new one and its usually bad again :| .

But seriously, I think this has gone long enough,

P.S. I got over 150k range xp in turoths, fire giants, and turoths.

It's not that bad. :|

That last line annoys me; don't use total XP for comparison purposes. I just trained off level 7 men for 20 hours straight, and got 160k XP. That means level 7 men are better XP then slayer, right? Sorry, just a pet peeve :wall:

It isn't good money. It's 50-60k per hour, much less if your ranging. Clues are somewhat of a joke nowdays; few people that I know even bother to do level 3. I know I don't

Lol, speaking of sleep... 4 hours last night for me, going to be gone all day today hiking. It's gonna be a great day...

DeviledEgg24.png

You're not going to change your mind.

That just means one less person to camp the higher level slayer monsters when I finally get there \'

Nope, I'm not going to change my mind the slightest. Fine with me, but know that your wasting hundreds of millions just so you can get to mediocre training monsters with low XP and decent drops. Ask anyone you want with 85 slayer; camping abyssals is a bad idea :-#

DeviledEgg24.png

Its not much less if you're ranging. I kill turoths in 2x the speed tanking them with range instead of melee with a noobladed sword.

And men arent better than slayer.

you're starting to annoy me by just saying the same thing over and over again, and then telling other thats what they're doing.

clues may be crap but you can get something good. I think the time you get your reward makes it better/worse.

And if you train on things like spiders, do you get anymore than 0gp per hour?

I dont think so.

:|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Its not much less if you're ranging. I kill turoths in 2x the speed tanking them with range instead of melee with a noobladed sword.

And men arent better than slayer.

you're starting to annoy me by just saying the same thing over and over again, and then telling other thats what they're doing.

clues may be crap but you can get something good. I think the time you get your reward makes it better/worse.

I dont think so.

:|

See, I was trying to drive home a point. Averages, not specific things, are what count. Sure, you got 150k XP from killing turoths, but in what time? If your using halfway decent ammo for slayer, your not making a profit on most slayer monsters, making any profit very low, if not downright nonexistent. Some monsters do profit; but the AVERAGE is what counts. Getting good melee XP on a Bloodveild task is nice, but that doesn't mean your always going to get that XP. It's the average that can be used for comparison. And I've compared slayer to other methods of training combat AND making money my first post. Charms were addressed on the first page. Saying you got X amount of XP without giving the timeframe is meaningless. I'm getting 65k XP an hour from spiders as we speak; I got around 2k XP while typing this post. And I'm reading PCWorld magazine between postings; if I had to pay a lot of attention I wouldn't even be on RS right now. If I can pay attention, then I do chinchompas - that's a lot less boring then standing there attacking a single monster, and as proved earlier, is even better then spiders if you make over 140k per hour.

No, but I'm getting over double the XP I would from slayer. I can then use the remaining time to make 10-20x the money I would have made training with slayer.

DeviledEgg24.png

Have you killed Turoths before?

Yes, why? I know they are one of the better tasks for range, and slow and annoying for melee.

DeviledEgg24.png

Oh okay. Because you said something that was totally incorrect about them and either you're.

A.) Ignorant to how good Turoths are.

B.) Have never done them.

I've easily made 100-150k from a Turoth task.

How much did you make an hour? Because I can make at least 500k an hour with reliable money making methods, and well over 1m an hour at GWD.

DeviledEgg24.png

Did I say it was for money making?

I read your post about how much he could of spent on ammo and his profit. Turoths have great profit, so I was just shooting your point down, similar to what I am doing now.

Obviously not everyone has the stats to do GWD, and besides. GWD is meant for money making.

top_lel_face.png

Did I say it was for money making?

I read your post about how much he could of spent on ammo and his profit. Turoths have great profit, so I was just shooting your point down, similar to what I am doing now.

Obviously not everyone has the stats to do GWD, and besides. GWD is meant for money making.

Obviously you have not read my post, your post is missing something, AND I've already addressed your point. I was pointing that you can get much better XP then turoths at other places. Ray pointed out that you don't earn money. I showed that you can use the time saved to earn much more money then you would at turoths using other methods, like GWD. You jumped in and said that you don't receive XP while earning money :wall:

DeviledEgg24.png

:lol:

Its hard to take you seriously. Point is, you want to do one thing faster than doing several things at once.

You can GWD so who needs slayer, right?

Like I said, more for me.

Would you mind reading my post?

10 hours of slayer = 350k range XP, 400k profit

10 hours of 5 Spiders + 5 GWD = 350k range XP, 5m profit

10 hours of 9 spiders + 1 GWD = 600k range XP, 1m profit

10 hours of 9 spiders + 1 Avansie = 640k range XP, 400k profit

That's my point.

DeviledEgg24.png