Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

I'm not going to argue the validity of my XP and profit values; I am quite confident they are correct. Your entire argument against mine was completely based on those two values; if they are what I claim, I am correct; if they are what you claim, you are correct. You will notice that, according to Zarfot, the average player will earn 12.5k slayer XP per hour, equivocating to 50k melee XP. Sure, if you are maxed combat and know what you are doing, you may be able to get slightly higher then that, but not much over a long period of time. I'm not sure what you meant about the salve ammy (e); perhaps you could suggest a better amulet to use at Zombies? I was also using the super setting every 5 minutes etc. to emphasize that I was doing everything possible to maximize my melee experience, which leads me to greatly question your claim of 'over 100k XP per hour at dust devils', when I could not get that much with better equipment, prayers, stats, pots, and direct combat over a period of several hours.

I apologise about where you mentioned the salve ammy (e). In the context of where you said it, I had thought you were referring to Dust Devils still. Yet you say this was of the Zombie Monkies.... then you admit to have based your results on wrong rates. You said with all those bonuses, you don't get 100k melee xp/h at Monkies, yet all of your calculations and assumptions where based upon a 120k xp/h rate.

I read through the entire guide again yesterday to make sure of what I was saying, I read through it again today. Nowhere did I see him say that the average play will only get 12.5k Slayer xp/h. I do however see that he says using these strategies you can average over 20k Slayer xp/h, I also came across this:

70kslayerzarfot.png

I am not maxed combat, but I do know what I am doing and I get more than "slightly" higher than 12.5k Slayer xp/h on average. That is based over a variety of tasks also, from Black Dragons, Skeletal Wyverns (among the slowest) up to Scabarites (2nd fastest task in game). The reason why you can get this much experience at Dust Devils is due to their low defence and reasonably high hitpoints. This is especially apparent when you use the Slayer Helmet. Zarfot even claims that with a Geyser Titan he was able to get a bit over 30k Slayer Xp per hour. Without he said he was able to get up to 28.3k xp/h from solely meleeing. Yes; notice that I said that he could get more XP, as he was maxed combat and slayer, using the absolulte fastest methods possible, with piety pray and some seriously scary clicking (Ever seen his timings for runecrafting? I can't get within 6 seconds of his average runs, and I pride myself on being efficient and good at clicking); meaning that the average XP for the average player on his way to 99 would be significantly (i.e. 30%) lower.

100kdustdevilzarfot.png

Now while tasks do not have enough assigned to last an hour, that is still the experience rate during the task. It is even possible to get say 134+ Dust Devils twice in a row. These 2 tasks combine last about an hour and will get you 28.3k Slayer xp/h equalling 113.2k melee xp/h. So yes, it is possible. Personally, I believe the "best" way to train is not necessarily the fastest way, but most efficient. We have been through this before; Slayer is nowhere near the most efficient, and you cannot pick one task and say anything about it. It's been at least 40 tasks since I last got dust devils; my last 3 tasks were 60 steel dragons, (Forgot how many) iron dragons, 7 mithril dragons. From an XP rate, my hours of slaying were terrible - but that cannot hold true across all of it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think about it, I think Slayer does give less then 70kxp/hour. Zarfot has a tendency to over exaggerate, and when he's not, nobody else can pay attention like he does. (Referring to 98% of the people who play)

Yeah, although he's saying that for himself, at 99 slayer and maxed melee, using piety and whatnot for the absolute fastest. Obviously someone with melee stats in the 80s-90s who wasn't praying (Not using piety alone would account for the drop in XP) wouldn't get anywhere near that - especially when very few players can 'click' at that 'level'. I've found him fairly reliable with numbers (although I generally can't go as fast as he does, courtesy of my bad internet connection). But I think the average XP of 50k is, if anything, a little high - bandits is around 60k, and that doesn't count banking\getting tasks. And to a poster who said that if I barely get 100k at zombie monkies then it isn't as good as the '120k' I am claiming, I'd like to bring up these two points:

#1, my summon gets roughly 9-13k XP per hour for me by itself; I've gotten 113k XP in an hour with it.

#2, I said 110k, not 120k, which is almost exactly what I get there, give or take 3k.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Come to think about it, I think Slayer does give less then 70kxp/hour. Zarfot has a tendency to over exaggerate, and when he's not, nobody else can pay attention like he does. (Referring to 98% of the people who play)

Yeah, although he's saying that for himself, at 99 slayer and maxed melee, using piety and whatnot for the absolute fastest. Obviously someone with melee stats in the 80s-90s who wasn't praying (Not using piety alone would account for the drop in XP) wouldn't get anywhere near that - especially when very few players can 'click' at that 'level'. I've found him fairly reliable with numbers (although I generally can't go as fast as he does, courtesy of my bad internet connection). But I think the average XP of 50k is, if anything, a little high - bandits is around 60k, and that doesn't count banking\getting tasks. And to a poster who said that if I barely get 100k at zombie monkies then it isn't as good as the '120k' I am claiming, I'd like to bring up these two points:

#1, my summon gets roughly 9-13k XP per hour for me by itself; I've gotten 113k XP in an hour with it.

#2, I said 110k, not 120k, which is almost exactly what I get there, give or take 3k.

I'm not actually talking about his what he actually does in game, but his playing habits. He's crazy, 100% attention, and hell, he even listens to RS music...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Yes; notice that I said that he could get more XP, as he was maxed combat and slayer, using the absolulte fastest methods possible, with piety pray and some seriously scary clicking (Ever seen his timings for runecrafting? I can't get within 6 seconds of his average runs, and I pride myself on being efficient and good at clicking); meaning that the average XP for the average player on his way to 99 would be significantly (i.e. 30%) lower.

I mentioned that he was maxed combat already, but I do also use the fast methods for training Slayer. Runecrafting, while not really anything to do with this, (I admit i'm not the best) but using the abyss (before Summoning), I could average 2.5k essence per hour making natures, some of the time exceeding this. However, just because you can't get as much per hour at Runecrafting, why does that mean sSlayer should instantly be 30% lower, that makes no sense.

We have been through this before; Slayer is nowhere near the most efficient, and you cannot pick one task and say anything about it. It's been at least 40 tasks since I last got dust devils; my last 3 tasks were 60 steel dragons, (Forgot how many) iron dragons, 7 mithril dragons. From an XP rate, my hours of slaying were terrible - but that cannot hold true across all of it.

You continue to misunderstand me. I'm not saying that this is the average and that Slayer will always be like this. I am pointing out 1 example where the experience possible per hour is greater than that of Zombie Monkies. As for getting Steel Dragons, if you really are going for fast Slayer experience, those should be blocked anyway, Iron Dragons and Skeletal Wyverns are about equal in xp/h, but I choose the Wyverns as I prefer the charms dropped, and hence I have blocked Iron Dragons. While Mithril Dragon are slow experience, the numbers are extremely small and they are rarely assigned.

Slayer isn't a matter of "clicking at that level", this is far different from Runecrafting where the clicking is vital to fast speed. Sure, someone in the 80s won't get that much xp/h for Slayer, but they won't get that much for Zombie Monkies either. As for the mistake with 120k, I don't know where I got that from :-# sorry about that then. So far from what I have seen is you trust Zarfot's rates and that they are accurate. However, you then say (put simply) that Zarfot is good at this game, that the xp rates should be reduced by 30%. As in fact he admits that he can average about 30k Slayer xp/h, take off 30% that is still 21k is it not?

Assuming you get 100k melee xp per hour and 10k from your familiar. That works out to approximately 143.3k Overall xp/h. Even averaging at only 20k Slayer xp hour, you are getting 126.6k Overall xp/h, but if you include Summoning in that it would about equal the Zombie Monkies. They are equal in xp/h, and if you do train fast Slayer is faster. The only difference is that the experience is split over many skills. Also unlike Zombie Monkies, you don't lose money, the specific amount made can't really be calculated.

ydrasil.png

Yes; notice that I said that he could get more XP, as he was maxed combat and slayer, using the absolulte fastest methods possible, with piety pray and some seriously scary clicking (Ever seen his timings for runecrafting? I can't get within 6 seconds of his average runs, and I pride myself on being efficient and good at clicking); meaning that the average XP for the average player on his way to 99 would be significantly (i.e. 30%) lower.

I mentioned that he was maxed combat already, but I do also use the fast methods for training Slayer. Runecrafting, while not really anything to do with this, (I admit i'm not the best) but using the abyss (before Summoning), I could average 2.5k essence per hour making natures, some of the time exceeding this. However, just because you can't get as much per hour at Runecrafting, why does that mean sSlayer should instantly be 30% lower, that makes no sense.

And you continue to misunderstand me. AS YOU WILL NOTICE, I said he could get more XP, as he was maxed combat and slayer, using the absolute fastest methods possible, with piety pray. Piety alone is at least a 25% boost to XP, which would roughly make up for the 30% difference already. Continuing on, if you would actually think about my post, you would notice that I have been emphazizing that Zarfot plays at a level of intensity far above that of the average player - I pride myself on nearly perfect efficiency, yet Zarfot achieves considerably more. When I am not paying attention, my XP rates drop by 20-25%, making for a perfectly valid point.

We have been through this before; Slayer is nowhere near the most efficient, and you cannot pick one task and say anything about it. It's been at least 40 tasks since I last got dust devils; my last 3 tasks were 60 steel dragons, (Forgot how many) iron dragons, 7 mithril dragons. From an XP rate, my hours of slaying were terrible - but that cannot hold true across all of it.

You continue to misunderstand me. I'm not saying that this is the average and that Slayer will always be like this. I am pointing out 1 example where the experience possible per hour is greater than that of Zombie Monkies. As for getting Steel Dragons, if you really are going for fast Slayer experience, those should be blocked anyway, Iron Dragons and Skeletal Wyverns are about equal in xp/h, but I choose the Wyverns as I prefer the charms dropped, and hence I have blocked Iron Dragons. While Mithril Dragon are slow experience, the numbers are extremely small and they are rarely assigned.

Have you, yet, noticed that the XP from the tasks you mentioned is still nowhere close to zombies? You would be doing VERY well to get 80k XP\hour, and I doubt you can get much more then that. Even with slayer XP, which shouldn't even be counted in this debate, you are still getting slower XP then Zombie monkies on a SINGLE task. And as I've said before, ONE task is ENTIRELY meaningless. The average is ALL that matters. I hit two 40s in a row on zombie monkies in 5 seconds - does that mean zombie monkies are anywhere close to 230k XP an hour? Does that have ANY relevance to the XP rate at zombie monkies? No.

Slayer isn't a matter of "clicking at that level", this is far different from Runecrafting where the clicking is vital to fast speed. Sure, someone in the 80s won't get that much xp/h for Slayer, but they won't get that much for Zombie Monkies either. As for the mistake with 120k, I don't know where I got that from :-# sorry about that then. So far from what I have seen is you trust Zarfot's rates and that they are accurate. However, you then say (put simply) that Zarfot is good at this game, that the xp rates should be reduced by 30%. As in fact he admits that he can average about 30k Slayer xp/h, take off 30% that is still 21k is it not?

Assuming you get 100k melee xp per hour and 10k from your familiar. That works out to approximately 143.3k Overall xp/h. Even averaging at only 20k Slayer xp hour, you are getting 126.6k Overall xp/h, but if you include Summoning in that it would about equal the Zombie Monkies. They are equal in xp/h, and if you do train fast Slayer is faster. The only difference is that the experience is split over many skills. Also unlike Zombie Monkies, you don't lose money, the specific amount made can't really be calculated.

I don't really get this post, the point where you added 100 and 10 and got 143.3 kind of lost me. I think your trying to say that slayer is over 143k XP per hour, but with a profit, which is horribly off. Slayer is 50k XP per hour, tops, for the average high level player paying the usual amount of attention. The idea that slayer can get over 143k XP per hour is completely ludicrous.

DeviledEgg24.png

And you continue to misunderstand me. AS YOU WILL NOTICE, I said he could get more XP, as he was maxed combat and slayer, using the absolute fastest methods possible, with piety pray. Piety alone is at least a 25% boost to XP, which would roughly make up for the 30% difference already. Continuing on, if you would actually think about my post, you would notice that I have been emphazizing that Zarfot plays at a level of intensity far above that of the average player - I pride myself on nearly perfect efficiency, yet Zarfot achieves considerably more. When I am not paying attention, my XP rates drop by 20-25%, making for a perfectly valid point.

Why do you insist on saying that he is the only person that can get high Slayer xp/h. He is not the only player who uses piety. Piety is also not a 25% boost to experience necessarily, and not every task you use piety on either, and example is Kalphites, no point using piety here.

Regardless of maxed combat, you are seeming to be biased. A played with 80 attack/strength/defence is not going to get that high a Slayer right. I never said anyone would and you don't need to keep saying that. However, a player with those stats is also not likely to get anywhere close to that rate at Zombie Monkies either. At that level they are also unlikely to have a decent combat familiar, further reducing experience.

Have you, yet, noticed that the XP from the tasks you mentioned is still nowhere close to zombies? You would be doing VERY well to get 80k XP\hour, and I doubt you can get much more then that. Even with slayer XP, which shouldn't even be counted in this debate, you are still getting slower XP then Zombie monkies on a SINGLE task. And as I've said before, ONE task is ENTIRELY meaningless. The average is ALL that matters. I hit two 40s in a row on zombie monkies in 5 seconds - does that mean zombie monkies are anywhere close to 230k XP an hour? Does that have ANY relevance to the XP rate at zombie monkies? No.

I only mentioned one task, and without the aid of a combat familiar it can be faster than Zombie Monkies. I know it is unlikely that you will get a string of these tasks. You say Slayer experience shoudln't be counted.... why not? It is a skill like the rest and experience shouldn't just be discounted.

I don't really get this post, the point where you added 100 and 10 and got 143.3 kind of lost me. I think your trying to say that slayer is over 143k XP per hour, but with a profit, which is horribly off. Slayer is 50k XP per hour, tops, for the average high level player paying the usual amount of attention. The idea that slayer can get over 143k XP per hour is completely ludicrous.

You forgot Hitpoints I assume? 100k melee xp is 33,333.33 Hitpoints xp, on top of the 10k experience from the familiar that is 143k Overall. When I said Slayer can get over that, I was referring to Overall experience, which is completely possible. Look at this:

slayerxpperhour.png

Maxed stats and piety yes. However as he said at 80 could get up to 3/4 rate (maybe a bit lower even). The average person who is willing to train Slayer to raise it, isn't going to be doing for just a little while. Only 1 of those tasks is below your 12.5k Slayer xp/h rate and that is Mithril Dragons, uncommon but short task. Even Steel Dragons are faster and that is simply melee only. Getting approximately those rates is 26-30k Slayer xp/h.

Even at you illogical 30% reduction that is 18.2-21k Slayer xp/h, greater than what you say.

ydrasil.png

Why do you insist on saying that he is the only person that can get high Slayer xp/h. He is not the only player who uses piety. Piety is also not a 25% boost to experience necessarily, and not every task you use piety on either, and example is Kalphites, no point using piety here.

Regardless of maxed combat, you are seeming to be biased. A played with 80 attack/strength/defence is not going to get that high a Slayer right. I never said anyone would and you don't need to keep saying that. However, a player with those stats is also not likely to get anywhere close to that rate at Zombie Monkies either. At that level they are also unlikely to have a decent combat familiar, further reducing experience.

I only mentioned one task, and without the aid of a combat familiar it can be faster than Zombie Monkies. I know it is unlikely that you will get a string of these tasks. You say Slayer experience shoudln't be counted.... why not? It is a skill like the rest and experience shouldn't just be discounted. Because we are arguing against training slayer; therefore, considering slayer XP when slayer has been determine to be a useless skill is a bad idea. The value of slayer XP is arguable; some would value it absolutely zero, like me, others would value it enough to receive much lower XP in other skills. And dust devils are NOT faster then zombie monkies, in any way, shape, or form. You are in constant combat with monkies; at dust devils, you are constantly picking up drops, alching drops, and healing with guthans\BTP (because we are making the assumption that you are using a combat familiar), plus only a +15% bonus from slayer mask vs. 20% from salve ammy. But I'm done arguing about a single task.

You forgot Hitpoints I assume? 100k melee xp is 33,333.33 Hitpoints xp, on top of the 10k experience from the familiar that is 143k Overall. When I said Slayer can get over that, I was referring to Overall experience, which is completely possible. Look at this:

slayerxpperhour.png

Maxed stats and piety yes. However as he said at 80 could get up to 3/4 rate (maybe a bit lower even). The average person who is willing to train Slayer to raise it, isn't going to be doing for just a little while. Only 1 of those tasks is below your 12.5k Slayer xp/h rate and that is Mithril Dragons, uncommon but short task. Even Steel Dragons are faster and that is simply melee only. Getting approximately those rates is 26-30k Slayer xp/h.

Even at you illogical 30% reduction that is 18.2-21k Slayer xp/h, greater than what you say. Illogical? Tell me, do YOU pray piety on every single melee slayer task? Otherwise your already down 30% XP. Is the average player trying to decide if they should train combat or slayer going to be all 99s? Are they going to pay anywhere close to that amount of attention? Again, no. For the average player, slayer is less then 50k melee experience per hour.

Zombie monkies = 110k XP, -40k GP

Slayer = X XP, +50k GP (If your not using piety... With piety, ~10k GP)

Avansies = 40k XP, +400k GP

10 hours of slayer = 10X XP, +500k GP

8 hours of Monkies + 2 hours of Avansies = 960k XP, +480K GP

10X = 960k XP

X = 96k XP per hour.

You can't argue that slayer, WITHOUT using piety, gives 96k XP per hour. We'll try again, with piety.

10 hours of slayer = 10X XP, +100k GP

9 hours Monkies + 1 hour of Avansies = 990k XP, +100k GP

10X = 990k XP

X = 99k XP per hour.

Considering that I can't even get that at monkies, I highly doubt you are going to average that doing slayer with all the time spent banking, going between tasks, and the average XP of most slayer tasks. Even with your fabled dust devils, you still aren't beating that. And dust devils are around 80k XP, not 99. If charms are factored, the numbers become VERY slightly better - at most, your getting an average of ~8 crimson per hour of charms. With each crimson costing 4.5k per burst, that's 36k profit, making for 1 hour of avansies over 10 hours of slayer, and reducing XP of zombies vs. slayer to about 90k XP vs. X - slayer is NOWHERE close to 90k xp per hour, and 8 crimsons is high! Not to mention that many people don't even pick up the charms :roll:

If you find slayer enjoyable, go ahead and train it. But you ARE wasting enormous amounts of XP, time, and money.

DeviledEgg24.png

Not meant to criticise or anything, but I don't find the point of playing a game if you just want to.. well afk it.

It's really all about how immersed you are in the game and yes, back when I did massive amounts of grinding I liked watching something at the same time. It was like "wow, I'm watching [insert show that I wanted to watch but never got around to watching] AND gaining exp, AWESOME!". It doesn't matter if there is no immersion, it's just grinding. All that matters is getting that next level and eventually reaching that goal. I'm still playing the game, I'm just trying to make the ride more enjoyable. And when you think about this that's generally what people do. Either people chat on IRC or in game while they grind to make it more fun, well I decide to watch movies (and IRC in some cases).

Now, once that goal is reached, once I'm doing stuff that doesn't involve crazy amounts of 5-step repetition (like quests or monster hunting) then I'll pause the videos and stick with the game so I can get all the immersion.

I really don't care what experience you get from the game while doing something else and my original gripe with whoever posted was that he claimed that one method for training was some how lesser because it was afk-able, to which I explained that all skills (especially slayer) are afk-able.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Not meant to criticise or anything, but I don't find the point of playing a game if you just want to.. well afk it.

It's really all about how immersed you are in the game and yes, back when I did massive amounts of grinding I liked watching something at the same time. It was like "wow, I'm watching [insert show that I wanted to watch but never got around to watching] AND gaining exp, AWESOME!". It doesn't matter if there is no immersion, it's just grinding. All that matters is getting that next level and eventually reaching that goal. I'm still playing the game, I'm just trying to make the ride more enjoyable. And when you think about this that's generally what people do. Either people chat on IRC or in game while they grind to make it more fun, well I decide to watch movies (and IRC in some cases).

Now, once that goal is reached, once I'm doing stuff that doesn't involve crazy amounts of 5-step repetition (like quests or monster hunting) then I'll pause the videos and stick with the game so I can get all the immersion.

I really don't care what experience you get from the game while doing something else and my original gripe with whoever posted was that he claimed that one method for training was some how lesser because it was afk-able, to which I explained that all skills (especially slayer) are afk-able.

Heck, if he likes AFK training, he could just sit there and click attack for the monkeys - he'll slow down his XP somewhat, but it will be like slayer and he won't be AFKing. I see it as a plus, not a minus -.-

DeviledEgg24.png

Because we are arguing against training slayer; therefore, considering slayer XP when slayer has been determine to be a useless skill is a bad idea. The value of slayer XP is arguable; some would value it absolutely zero, like me, others would value it enough to receive much lower XP in other skills. And dust devils are NOT faster then zombie monkies, in any way, shape, or form. You are in constant combat with monkies; at dust devils, you are constantly picking up drops, alching drops, and healing with guthans\BTP (because we are making the assumption that you are using a combat familiar), plus only a +15% bonus from slayer mask vs. 20% from salve ammy. But I'm done arguing about a single task.

Since when was Slayer determined to be useless? Slayer has never been or will be useless. You still disagree with what I said about Dust Devils, I even gave picture proof from Zarfot's guide that they are faster. Up to 28.3k Slayer xp/h only melee, no combat familiar. Not only is that 113.2k Melee xp/h, that is the full 37.7k Hitpoints xp/h, rather than the 33.3k from Zombie Monkies. Why are you using the assumption of a combat familiar, I specifically mentioned many times this is without one. You could use a Unicorn, that alleviates the need for the time taken to heal. Personally, I don't alch drops, as when I slay I am on the Lunar Mage book, I pick up what I can, bank it, alch later.

Also, you seem to say that the 5% difference in the Mask/Ammy is such a big difference. That is an extra 4.95 levels, so 4 when rounded down. you may hit 1 damage higher and a little more accurately. You would also wear say a Helm of Neitiznot, increased damage by maybe 1 more. Slayer mask and Fury will have a +8 str bonus and still 15% to levels, hitting approximately 2 higher, and it has +10 to the attack style being used. They are practically the same and the 5% difference isn't alot.

Illogical? Tell me, do YOU pray piety on every single melee slayer task? Otherwise your already down 30% XP. Is the average player trying to decide if they should train combat or slayer going to be all 99s? Are they going to pay anywhere close to that amount of attention? Again, no. For the average player, slayer is less then 50k melee experience per hour.

I do not use piety on every task, but I do on most tasks. 30% less experience.... I doubt. If you think that you really need to do some tests or read Zarfot's rates as you claim you believe to be true. I use the 10% strength prayer as a minimum on every Slayer task I do. Want an exmaple of why it isn't 30% slower? Black Demons, no combat familiar using Superhuman Strength is up to 22k Slayer xp/h, With Piety it is up to 24.3k Slayer xp/h. That is a 9% drop, far off 30%. And look, that is 97.2k Melee xp/h, with no familiar, and that task will last over an hour anyway.

Another example; Gargoyles, 23k Slayer xp per hour with Superhuman Strength. 25k with Piety. That is an 8% decrease, and you can gain up to 100k melee xp/h. You are even now saying Slayer is less than 50k melee xp/h, I have provided alot of evidence to the contary, you have provided none on the amount of Slayer xp/h.

10X = 960k XP

X = 96k XP per hour.

You can't argue that slayer, WITHOUT using piety, gives 96k XP per hour. We'll try again, with piety.

I never said it averaged faster, but on some tasks you can get over 96k melee xp/h.

10X = 990k XP

X = 99k XP per hour.

Considering that I can't even get that at monkies, I highly doubt you are going to average that doing slayer with all the time spent banking, going between tasks, and the average XP of most slayer tasks. Even with your fabled dust devils, you still aren't beating that. And dust devils are around 80k XP, not 99. If charms are factored, the numbers become VERY slightly better - at most, your getting an average of ~8 crimson per hour of charms. With each crimson costing 4.5k per burst, that's 36k profit, making for 1 hour of avansies over 10 hours of slayer, and reducing XP of zombies vs. slayer to about 90k XP vs. X - slayer is NOWHERE close to 90k xp per hour, and 8 crimsons is high! Not to mention that many people don't even pick up the charms :roll:

If you find slayer enjoyable, go ahead and train it. But you ARE wasting enormous amounts of XP, time, and money.

Again, I never mentioned averaging over that during Slayer, but that it is possible on some tasks. The time to finish a task, receive a new one, bank and get to the next place takes less than 3 minutes easily enough. You also get more than 8 crimsons per hour at Dust Devils. A task of about 150 will get you about 35 crimsons and takes well under an hour to complete. At 4.5k each crimson when bursting, that is a saving of 157.5k. You will even expect maybe 10 gold, 5 green and a couple blue. How can you honestly think 8 crimsons is high also? As for not picking up charms.... i'm sure the average player would. Unless you also want to tell me you think Summoning experience is valued at 0 also.

ydrasil.png

Because we are arguing against training slayer; therefore, considering slayer XP when slayer has been determine to be a useless skill is a bad idea. The value of slayer XP is arguable; some would value it absolutely zero, like me, others would value it enough to receive much lower XP in other skills. And dust devils are NOT faster then zombie monkies, in any way, shape, or form. You are in constant combat with monkies; at dust devils, you are constantly picking up drops, alching drops, and healing with guthans\BTP (because we are making the assumption that you are using a combat familiar), plus only a +15% bonus from slayer mask vs. 20% from salve ammy. But I'm done arguing about a single task.

Since when was Slayer determined to be useless? Slayer has never been or will be useless. You still disagree with what I said about Dust Devils, I even gave picture proof from Zarfot's guide that they are faster. Up to 28.3k Slayer xp/h only melee, no combat familiar. Not only is that 113.2k Melee xp/h, that is the full 37.7k Hitpoints xp/h, rather than the 33.3k from Zombie Monkies. Why are you using the assumption of a combat familiar, I specifically mentioned many times this is without one. You could use a Unicorn, that alleviates the need for the time taken to heal. Personally, I don't alch drops, as when I slay I am on the Lunar Mage book, I pick up what I can, bank it, alch later.

Also, you seem to say that the 5% difference in the Mask/Ammy is such a big difference. That is an extra 4.95 levels, so 4 when rounded down. you may hit 1 damage higher and a little more accurately. You would also wear say a Helm of Neitiznot, increased damage by maybe 1 more. Slayer mask and Fury will have a +8 str bonus and still 15% to levels, hitting approximately 2 higher, and it has +10 to the attack style being used. They are practically the same and the 5% difference isn't alot.

Illogical? Tell me, do YOU pray piety on every single melee slayer task? Otherwise your already down 30% XP. Is the average player trying to decide if they should train combat or slayer going to be all 99s? Are they going to pay anywhere close to that amount of attention? Again, no. For the average player, slayer is less then 50k melee experience per hour.

I do not use piety on every task, but I do on most tasks. 30% less experience.... I doubt. If you think that you really need to do some tests or read Zarfot's rates as you claim you believe to be true. I use the 10% strength prayer as a minimum on every Slayer task I do. Want an exmaple of why it isn't 30% slower? Black Demons, no combat familiar using Superhuman Strength is up to 22k Slayer xp/h, With Piety it is up to 24.3k Slayer xp/h. That is a 9% drop, far off 30%. And look, that is 97.2k Melee xp/h, with no familiar, and that task will last over an hour anyway.

Another example; Gargoyles, 23k Slayer xp per hour with Superhuman Strength. 25k with Piety. That is an 8% decrease, and you can gain up to 100k melee xp/h. You are even now saying Slayer is less than 50k melee xp/h, I have provided alot of evidence to the contary, you have provided none on the amount of Slayer xp/h.

10X = 960k XP

X = 96k XP per hour.

I never said it averaged faster, but on some tasks you can get over 96k melee xp/h.

10X = 990k XP

X = 99k XP per hour.

Again, I never mentioned averaging over that during Slayer, but that it is possible on some tasks. The time to finish a task, receive a new one, bank and get to the next place takes less than 3 minutes easily enough. You also get more than 8 crimsons per hour at Dust Devils. A task of about 150 will get you about 35 crimsons and takes well under an hour to complete. At 4.5k each crimson when bursting, that is a saving of 157.5k. You will even expect maybe 10 gold, 5 green and a couple blue. How can you honestly think 8 crimsons is high also? As for not picking up charms.... i'm sure the average player would. Unless you also want to tell me you think Summoning experience is valued at 0 also.

Would you PLEASE shut up about dust devils? Yes, they are the 3rd best crimson dropper in the game; SO WHAT? I've had 1 dust devil task in the last 50. Averages matter. A single, tiny variable does NOT. 8 crimson per hour is LUCKY; and at that rate you need 90k XP per hour from slayer to balance out. Most player probably will not see HALF of that; most of the do not even use piety. At that rate, slayer is less then HALF the XP as other methods. Can you get dust devils, one tiny task out of all the slayer monsters, out of your head? :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Dust devils are horrid for charms, at most top ~7. They drop a horrid amount of charms, but their xp is good.

But they are more common than 1/50, jagex increased the odds.

Still, using them as the figures for slayer 'xp' and 'charms' per hour is horribly off. They are the best slayer task I can think of.

DeviledEgg24.png

Would you PLEASE shut up about dust devils? Yes, they are the 3rd best crimson dropper in the game; SO WHAT? I've had 1 dust devil task in the last 50. Averages matter. A single, tiny variable does NOT. 8 crimson per hour is LUCKY; and at that rate you need 90k XP per hour from slayer to balance out. Most player probably will not see HALF of that; most of the do not even use piety. At that rate, slayer is less then HALF the XP as other methods. Can you get dust devils, one tiny task out of all the slayer monsters, out of your head? :roll:

Now I am utterly confused. You say they are the 3rd best crimson charm dropped in the game, yet you say you can only get 8 per hour!? You honestly believe that in killing these for an hour results in only 8 crimsons per hour? And that is when you're lucky? Well... it seems I could conclude that you either ignore anything that opposes what you say (when it is right too) and that you are very misinformed. You do not need to use piety, with only superhuman strength you can get up to 26.2k Slayer xp/h. I only keep bring it up due to your unwillingness to see that you are wrong. You said yourself that you still need to get 90k melee xp/h from Slayer to balance it out.... I have shown you that you get over 100k. This goes past balancing and makes it better. Add on to that the approximately 35 crimsons per task and you are well past.

I am unsure at how often each task is assigned, but Duradel assigns 24 different monsters. Blocking 4 leaves you with only 20. However, I believe that not each task has the same chance of being assigned. Even still, I get Dust Devils more often than 1:50, although I will concur that some people may not. Also on Zarfot's guide, out of 318 tasks he received Dust Devils 16 times, which is about 5% or 1/20. So far I have given you three examples of different tasks, all of which are around 100k melee xp/h without a combat familiar. The following tasks without piety, but instead superhuman strength are above 80k melee xp/h:

Abyssal Demons - 84k (no familiar)

Black Demons - 94.2k (no familiar)

(Baby) Black Dragons - 83.2k (no familiar)

Dust Devils - 104.8k (no familiar)

Gargoyles - 92k (unsure, pretty sure it was without)

Nechryaels - 88k (With I think)

Spiritual Mages - 90k (unsure)

Waterfiends - 84k (no familiar)

Eight out of the 20 tasks have over 80k xp/h, many more tasks have even higher rats of Slayer xp/h, but they involve the cannon so I do not know the ratio of ranged:melee experience. Also, these tasks were among the more commonly assigned except for Nechryaels.

ydrasil.png

Now I am utterly confused. You say they are the 3rd best crimson charm dropped in the game, yet you say you can only get 8 per hour!? You honestly believe that in killing these for an hour results in only 8 crimsons per hour? And that is when you're lucky? Well... it seems I could conclude that you either ignore anything that opposes what you say (when it is right too) and that you are very misinformed. You do not need to use piety, with only superhuman strength you can get up to 26.2k Slayer xp/h. I only keep bring it up due to your unwillingness to see that you are wrong. You said yourself that you still need to get 90k melee xp/h from Slayer to balance it out.... I have shown you that you get over 100k. This goes past balancing and makes it better. Add on to that the approximately 35 crimsons per task and you are well past.

I am unsure at how often each task is assigned, but Duradel assigns 24 different monsters. Blocking 4 leaves you with only 20. However, I believe that not each task has the same chance of being assigned. Even still, I get Dust Devils more often than 1:50, although I will concur that some people may not. Also on Zarfot's guide, out of 318 tasks he received Dust Devils 16 times, which is about 5% or 1/20. So far I have given you three examples of different tasks, all of which are around 100k melee xp/h without a combat familiar. The following tasks without piety, but instead superhuman strength are above 80k melee xp/h:

Abyssal Demons - 84k (no familiar)

Black Demons - 94.2k (no familiar)

(Baby) Black Dragons - 83.2k (no familiar)

Dust Devils - 104.8k (no familiar)

Gargoyles - 92k (unsure, pretty sure it was without)

Nechryaels - 88k (With I think)

Spiritual Mages - 90k (unsure)

Waterfiends - 84k (no familiar)

Eight out of the 20 tasks have over 80k xp/h, many more tasks have even higher rats of Slayer xp/h, but they involve the cannon so I do not know the ratio of ranged:melee experience. Also, these tasks were among the more commonly assigned except for Nechryaels.

Your numbers are terrible. Waterfiends 84k XP an hour? That alone proves how far off you are. That would be 166 waterfiends per hour, roughly 150 charms. with piety and the absolute best equipment, I can get around 95. Piety would be, if anything, a bit better then slayer helm + superhuman strength. Feel free to ask Inushkant, but I never quite managed 150 crimsons per hour at waterfiends. Dust devils 105k? THere is no possible way you are getting that XP. I get significantly less then that at zombie monkies with better equipment and far more combat time. Same for all of your tasks, abyssal demons 84k per hour? What a joke. Those numbers are NOWHERE close, and EVEN if you assume them to be true, the average slayer XP is far off of 90k per hour.

DeviledEgg24.png

Yeah these numbers seem pretty far off. 104.8k per hour at dustdevils? Doubt it.

Do these numbers include HP exp? Since I don't know, I'll calculate both ways.

If they do include HP exp:

HP exp is 1 times the damage dealt

Focussed training is 4 times the damage dealt gave to a melee stat

So you divide 104800/5 = 20 960 damage dealt

Dust devils have 105 hitpoints. 20960/105 = 200

So according to this calculation you kill 200 dust devils an hour.

If they don't include HP exp:

104800/4 = 26200 damage dealt

26200/105 = 250

Meaning you kill 250 dust devils an hour.

I haven't slayed in a long time. Is 250 dust devils an hour even possible?

2480+ total

Yeah these numbers seem pretty far off. 104.8k per hour at dustdevils? Doubt it.

26200/105 = 250

All of my numbers do not contain HP XP, as I have told him, so I'm guessing they don't.

That's one dust devil every 13.8 seconds. Given the time it takes to heal, alch, and pick up drops, I find it rather hard to believe.

DeviledEgg24.png

Your numbers are terrible. Waterfiends 84k XP an hour? That alone proves how far off you are. That would be 166 waterfiends per hour, roughly 150 charms. with piety and the absolute best equipment, I can get around 95. Piety would be, if anything, a bit better then slayer helm + superhuman strength. Feel free to ask Inushkant, but I never quite managed 150 crimsons per hour at waterfiends. Dust devils 105k? THere is no possible way you are getting that XP. I get significantly less then that at zombie monkies with better equipment and far more combat time. Same for all of your tasks, abyssal demons 84k per hour? What a joke. Those numbers are NOWHERE close, and EVEN if you assume them to be true, the average slayer XP is far off of 90k per hour.

I never mentioned how many crimsons per hour, but it would be approximately 130, as the drop rate is approximately 80%. Now you are being hypocritical are you not? You tell me not to focus on the one task, there was 8 tasks. Since you think one isn't right... oh that must mean none of them are! These numbers are from Zarfot's guide too, who you have said you agree with. Yet you do nothing but disagree with every single one. Instead of just saying "I can't get those rates so they must be wrong!", try testing them yourself. Again I never said the average experience was over 90k, but this shows that it is alot higher than what you keep saying at "below 50k".

26200/105 = 250

The numbers do not include Hitpoints experience, and yes that was based upon the equivalent of 250 kills per hour. If you have used a Slayer Helm on Dust Devils, you will see how easy they are to hit, and it is quite possible to reach this.

All of my numbers do not contain HP XP, as I have told him, so I'm guessing they don't.

That's one dust devil every 13.8 seconds. Given the time it takes to heal, alch, and pick up drops, I find it rather hard to believe.

Actually 3600/250 = 14.4 seconds ::' .

I mentioned this before, you don't alch while you are there. Most Slayers will use Lunar Magic to get new tasks and don't have access to that spell. Healing isn't a problem, and takes up an extremely little amount of time. It is also easily possible to pick up drops without once slowing down your attack rate. So all those variables you mentioned don't matter as they have no significant effect on how fast you can kill them.

ydrasil.png

Very true. I won't bother quoting his whole post, but much like he said about me, his numbers were very, very far off. First of all, I doubt 100k XP per hour at Dust Devils is possible with your stats. With piety, salve ammy (e), the best equip and invo, 95 attack\98 strength, I don't get 100k melee XP. My Geyser Titan gets me 12-14k XP, totaling about 110k, but I'm getting less then 100k melee XP myself. And that's under continuous attacking, no delays for clicking attack, no delays for picking up drops or alching, +20% boost from salve ammy (e), super setted every 5 minutes, and praying piety. And my averages WERE correct for slayer. I'm quite confident on that; it's not a point I'm willing to argue. I've observed it myself; it's been commonly accepted as an average; and Zarfot (who's numbers I respect) agrees. Picking out one particularly good task as the 'average slayer XP' is a terrible idea, and completely invalidates your argument.

You obviously misread my post then. My numbers are from personal experience, and they are not far off at all. I admit my stats are not 99 99 99, but they are close at 94 94 94. I use superhuman strength prayer on every slayer task except a few, and on those few I use piety. If you're use a salve ammy (e) for them, that is your first problem. Super setting every 5 minutes is too excessive also, and while it would increase experience per hour, it isn't quite worth it at that rate. Simply saying your averages are correct, doesn't make it so either. What is even more hypocritical is you saying that you respect and agree for Zarfot's numbers. His numbers are higher than yours also at 70k+ melee xp/h on average. Again you misread my post: "Picking out one particularly good task as the 'average slayer XP' is a terrible idea, and completely invalidates your argument." I never said that was the average experience. I never expect to get 100k melee xp/h on every Slayer task, it would be foolish to think so, or for you to say I do. As for the last tiny bit, that is so stupid. Seeing as you misinterpretted what I said (purposely or accidentally, doesn't matter), and because you misunderstood, everything else I said is immediately wrong? Not everything I posted about was specifically the melee xp/h rate. Could you actually read all of my post first before you disregard the rest because you misunderstood?

I'm not going to argue the validity of my XP and profit values; I am quite confident they are correct. Your entire argument against mine was completely based on those two values; if they are what I claim, I am correct; if they are what you claim, you are correct. You will notice that, according to Zarfot, the average player will earn 12.5k slayer XP per hour, equivocating to 50k melee XP. Sure, if you are maxed combat and know what you are doing, you may be able to get slightly higher then that, but not much over a long period of time. I'm not sure what you meant about the salve ammy (e); perhaps you could suggest a better amulet to use at Zombies? I was also using the super setting every 5 minutes etc. to emphasize that I was doing everything possible to maximize my melee experience, which leads me to greatly question your claim of 'over 100k XP per hour at dust devils', when I could not get that much with better equipment, prayers, stats, pots, and direct combat over a period of several hours.

and how many of those average players can afford to use chins at zombie monkeys, have high enough pray that they won't spend more time making money for p pots then they actually do training, have high enough levels that they can go to god wars and make millions like you do. the fact is other methods may be more efficient for you but for the average player slayer is the most efficient method because it combines all the skills. they can make money from any number of drops that are better because they can't! go to god wars and make up the cash lost while training another way. and they can't afk at monster that you can.

the fact is some of the methods u mentioned take a considerable cash base before they are a reasonabe alternative and what better way to do that then slayer?

and yes i read your post 278

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Actually, totaling up the XP of all the other charms brings a 'crimson charm drop' rate from waterfiends to roughly 91%, making for 151 crimson charms per hour from waterfiends. Puh-lease, that's faster charms then bursting.

I mentioned this before, you don't alch while you are there. Most Slayers will use Lunar Magic to get new tasks and don't have access to that spell. Healing isn't a problem, and takes up an extremely little amount of time. It is also easily possible to pick up drops without once slowing down your attack rate. So all those variables you mentioned don't matter as they have no significant effect on how fast you can kill them.

Picking up drops does not slow down your attack rate at all? Not. :roll: . Healing takes an extremely little amount of time? Both guthans and BTP take a considerable amount of time to use. If you don't alch your cash rate goes down dramatically, unless you pick up each drop which is impossible considering the potions and other items taking up inventory space, and the fact that dust devils are assigned in rather large numbers.

Sir, if you continue to argue that Dust Devils are 105k melee XP an hour (+12k, making for 117k XP an hour with a summon), I will have to regard you as a misinformed idiot. Dust devils are nowhere close to that. Dust devils are nowhere close to even 90k XP an hour, the turning point for zombies being better then slayer. Meaning that even if you continuously slayed dust devils, it would be better to train at zombies. And slayer is STILL around 50k XP\hour for the average player, regardless of how fast you think dust devils are.

DeviledEgg24.png

and how many of those average players can afford to use chins at zombie monkeys, have high enough pray that they won't spend more time making money for p pots then they actually do training, have high enough levels that they can go to god wars and make millions like you do. the fact is other methods may be more efficient for you but for the average player slayer is the most efficient method because it combines all the skills. they can make money from any number of drops that are better because they can't! go to god wars and make up the cash lost while training another way. and they can't afk at monster that you can.

Oh kai, I'll make a list of your agruments so that you can correct me if I'm getting the wrong idea.

#1, the average player cannot afford to use chinchompas at zombie monkies

#2, the average player does not have high enough prayer to do zombie monkies without spending millions

#3, the average player cannot go to GWD and make millions

#4, the average player finds slayer more efficent because it combines all the skills

#5, the average player can make money from slayer drops which are better because they can't make money at GWD

#6, the average player cannot make up the money lost training any way besides slayer

#7, the average player cannot afk 'at monster that you can'

And my argument

#1. I shall attempt to refrain from sarcasm. Zombie monkies consists of whacking 2 monkies over the head with a whip until they are dead. It does not involve chinchompas in any way, shape, or form. If it did, it wouldn't matter, because I included all costs and profits in my calculations

#2. We are assuming the average player is fairly high leveled, with stats in the mid 80s-low 90s. Even if we didn't, the fact that we use Piety for our slayer calculations (By far worth the cost, but with an argument that is beyond the scope of this post) means that the same 'average player' would be spending just as much extra on slayer

#3. Fair enough, that's why I use Avansies in my comparisons

#4. Terrible argument, I already disproved it - slayer is roughly half as fast at training Summoning, Melee, and GP together as doing them separately

#5. The average player has far more ways of making money besides slayer drops, such as Avansies (which can be done with a range level of 70; easily attainable in a few days by almost any player. Obviously the profit will be lower, but we are assuming that a player with that low of a range level is going to have lower melee stats, and be getting less profit and XP from slayer.

#6. Already addressed in previous arguments; there are plenty of ways to make money besides slayer, all of which are better

#7. I'm not sure what you mean by this, but anyone with a prayer level of 43 or higher will find Zombie monkies quite easy to AFK.

DeviledEgg24.png

Oh kai, I'll make a list of your agruments so that you can correct me if I'm getting the wrong idea.

#2, the average player does not have high enough prayer to do zombie monkies without spending millions

#4, the average player finds slayer more efficent because it combines all the skills

#5, the average player can make money from slayer drops which are better because they can't make money at GWD

#6, the average player cannot make up the money lost training any way besides slayer

And my argument

#1. I shall attempt to refrain from sarcasm. Zombie monkies consists of whacking 2 monkies over the head with a whip until they are dead. It does not involve chinchompas in any way, shape, or form. If it did, it wouldn't matter, because I included all costs and profits in my calculations

#2. We are assuming the average player is fairly high leveled, with stats in the mid 80s-low 90s. Even if we didn't, the fact that we use Piety for our slayer calculations (By far worth the cost, but with an argument that is beyond the scope of this post) means that the same 'average player' would be spending just as much extra on slayer

#4. Terrible argument, I already disproved it - slayer is roughly half as fast at training Summoning, Melee, and GP together as doing them separately

#5. The average player has far more ways of making money besides slayer drops, such as Avansies (which can be done with a range level of 70; easily attainable in a few days by almost any player. Obviously the profit will be lower, but we are assuming that a player with that low of a range level is going to have lower melee stats, and be getting less profit and XP from slayer.

#6. Already addressed in previous arguments; there are plenty of ways to make money besides slayer, all of which are better

#7. I'm not sure what you mean by this, but anyone with a prayer level of 43 or higher will find Zombie monkies quite easy to AFK.

#1 and if you want to train range xp the most 'efficient' way is zombie monkeys basically an attempt to turn your own argument against you that in order for the average player to train range efficeintly they'd need a sufficient cash base which most don't.

#4 the average player are low leveled, around the 70s. according to you the most efficient method for getting charms would be what? i'm guessing kent would say water fiends or bursting rock crabs. most players would have water fiends tearing them apart so whats a better way to get charms while they gain levels to kill water fiends? slayer

as to faster training melee it is faster yes but the lower leveled players would have to spend alot more on p pots then higher level players meaning htey have to spend more time making money and reduce the amount of xp they do get an hr

7# what i was trying to get at is most of us like those monster because we can afk, we are not stuck staring at a screen all day and they don't become borring and we can do other things. lower level players can't or risk dieing and losing amounts of cash that would be huge to them but small to us.

over all what i'm getting at is slayer is better for lower level players because it provides a means of making cash and getting levels while they train to get to the higher monsters that we find efficient

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

And my argument

#1 and if you want to train range xp the most 'efficient' way is zombie monkeys basically an attempt to turn your own argument against you that in order for the average player to train range efficeintly they'd need a sufficient cash base which most don't.

#4 the average player are low leveled, around the 70s. according to you the most efficient method for getting charms would be what? i'm guessing kent would say water fiends or bursting rock crabs. most players would have water fiends tearing them apart so whats a better way to get charms while they gain levels to kill water fiends? slayer

as to faster training melee it is faster yes but the lower leveled players would have to spend alot more on p pots then higher level players meaning htey have to spend more time making money and reduce the amount of xp they do get an hr

7# what i was trying to get at is most of us like those monster because we can afk, we are not stuck staring at a screen all day and they don't become borring and we can do other things. lower level players can't or risk dieing and losing amounts of cash that would be huge to them but small to us.

over all what i'm getting at is slayer is better for lower level players because it provides a means of making cash and getting levels while they train to get to the higher monsters that we find efficient

#1. :wall: I never said ANYTHING about chinchompas at zombie monkies; I specifically said that they were a method of training MELEE using a WHIP, and not involving chinhompas in any way, shape, or form. Oh, and it costs around 40k an hour, which doesn't really require oodles of cash.

#4. Hence why I said players with mid 80-90s stats. 91 happens to be the 'middle' XP for leveling, and at level 70 you can level quite quickly. Frankly, the best option for them would be to train at dust devils a few days for 100 combat, then start doing methods like zombie monkies and avansies.

#7. Again, what? Just because you are lower level doesn't mean you cant afford the TINY (smaller then with slayer) risk of losing ~100k. They can still do avansies, and even at 70 range a 200-300k profit is attainable, making the 'cost' of dying at zombie monkies with fairly cheap gear take about 20 mintues to earn.

Again, my arguments are for 'higher level' players, but other arguments hold up just as well for low levels - training at Zombie monkies would work for anyone with 43+ prayer, and places like bandits work for even lower levels while still offering far better experience, cash, GP, and charms then slayer.

DeviledEgg24.png

Actually, totaling up the XP of all the other charms brings a 'crimson charm drop' rate from waterfiends to roughly 91%, making for 151 crimson charms per hour from waterfiends. Puh-lease, that's faster charms then bursting.

I was basing mine on simply crimsons, and they are far from better than Rock Lobsters. I get approximately 180-190 crimsons per hour at Rock Lobsters (that is only crimsons). Add to that approximately 90-95 gold, 45 or so green and around 4-6 blue.

Picking up drops does not slow down your attack rate at all? Not. :roll: . Healing takes an extremely little amount of time? Both guthans and BTP take a considerable amount of time to use. If you don't alch your cash rate goes down dramatically, unless you pick up each drop which is impossible considering the potions and other items taking up inventory space, and the fact that dust devils are assigned in rather large numbers.

Yes it is true, it is possible to pick up drops whilst losing no attack time. Click to pick up just as you attack, and then click attack again. Amazingly that accomplishes picking up th drop and no lose in attack time. You don't use guthans on Dust Devils, so that doesn't matter. This was with no familiar also remember. I am sure someone can bring food with them, and plenty spare in a BOB such as a spirit terrorbird at only 52 Summoning. Guthans can be replaced with so many more healing methods as it is. I have it, but I don't use as in nearly every task I have more than enough methods to stay at high Hitpoints. It is more efficient to use a whip compared to the warpsear also, hence why food is more efficient if you don't need to bank. Who mentioned picking up "every" drop either? Inventory space, with 2 super sets and 4 prayer potions, a teleport and other items, you still have half of your inventory spare. More than enoguh food to last the task and more than enough space for drops. Why do you even mention if you don't aclh cash drops alot? Are you not able to read anything I post? I have said many times now, that you don't alch there. You pick up the drops, bank them, and alch them later. You are still alching them.

Sir, if you continue to argue that Dust Devils are 105k melee XP an hour (+12k, making for 117k XP an hour with a summon), I will have to regard you as a misinformed idiot. Dust devils are nowhere close to that. Dust devils are nowhere close to even 90k XP an hour, the turning point for zombies being better then slayer. Meaning that even if you continuously slayed dust devils, it would be better to train at zombies. And slayer is STILL around 50k XP\hour for the average player, regardless of how fast you think dust devils are.

How am I a "misinformed idiot" when I back up everything I have said with exmaples and shown that others have done this as well. Try it yourself, so far you have done nothing but contradict what I have shown by simply saying "But I can't get that! So no-one else can! End of discussion!". Instead of attempting to disregard it for no logical reason, why not perform a test? Keep in mind it is even possible to get up to 112k per hour with piety and without a familiar still.

And my argument

AFK.

#2 We have not been using piety in the slayer calculations. All of mine were of superhuman strength which uses up a very minimal amount of prayer.

#4 You haven't disproved anything but come up with fake numbers and called them facts.

Everything you have said is so contradictory. You specifically say that your rates were for the average player at 50k xp/h. Now you are saying that it is for higher level players bordering on level 90 stats. A person with level 90 stats is not going to be getting such a low rate as you suggest.

ydrasil.png