Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did the math before the mass inflation from 76king so the data is not that reliable right now. Besides if you want to talk about money, there are many many ways to make more than 460k per hour without breaking a sweat. Also he does know the most efficient way to slay, I am pretty sure he memorized zarfot's slayer guide by heart anyway. :grin:

To D Jay, there is just one point I do not understand, why are you using astral rune crafting as an example to make money? :blink: I mean shouldn't gwd/dks be a better example?

There isn't really a way to calculate the profit/hour for stuff like monster hunting accurately, and since I have close to no experience with it it would just have been a rough guess. Astral crafting is basically the next best thing after double nature crafting atm, and most people are even able to get 82 rc as opposed to 91 rc, so I just chose that as an example.

2dvjurb.png

83 hunter is a lot easier and makes 700k-900k an hour. Should have used that example.

Not consistently. At least, not that I know of. Runecrafting is pretty stable in money/hour, while there's more luck involved in hunting dragon imps.

2dvjurb.png

I have always gotten around 12-15k slaying xp an hour, it's not 100% correct information, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

12k? You are doing it wrong =3

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

• 10 months later...

287 or w/e he said to type :o

Thing is, even at the time of his post, lunar slaying greatly expedited the process, and now, you have kuradal's dungeon with the advent of ferocious rings. Don't argue that its hard to get ferocious rings, banking every d bone from every dragon task in the cave (with a war tortoise) and always using fero to get a new task, then banking and using fero again if i have another task there, I have maintained at least 6 ferocious rings at any given time.

As far as cash goes: I can do a blue dragon task in 30 minutes or less easily, with 1m+ profits from the bones. I only ever lose money from a task if I'm power slaying (Turm/Cannon) and even then i usually break even (the exception being mutated bloodvelds...but how can i say no to a fast 35k slayer xp)

So basically, with common drops included, my profit/hour ranges from around 50k-2m/hour. >_>

The occaision that I have to skip a task is rare, and even the tasks that he gave an example of i can do rapidly, I do tasks like metal dragons and skeletal wyverns with very little accuracy reduction from other tasks. And on a good task like greater demons or gargoyles, you can tear through them like tissue paper. I greatly exceed 50k combat xp per hour, today for example gaining more than twice that (while on a 1.1x xp bonus, mind you). I have had one task of each of the metal dragons today, in fact, and still maintained this.

Slayer is an incredible way to train, places such as armored zombies only barely exceed the experience, in addition to the lack of the modest monetary gain of slayer. I've been maxed melee since before i had 85, I'm 92 now, and still going just to level up slayer.

and now, you have kuradal's dungeon with the advent of ferocious rings.

Yeah exactly, you'll notice that nobody is arguing about it anymore. #-o

I don't see the point bumping a thread when all 41 pages of it are completely irrelevant to the present state of the slayer skill. It's like necroing a two-year-old thread about how herblore is useless to post "Nuh-uh, overloads are awesome!"

I know, my slay is 40, my combat stats suck, but hear me out:

Personally, I believe slayer is like the lottery. Slay=lottery. My Lottery level is 40.

Your opinion on slayer depends mostly on what tasks you get. I got ice giants, so I quit slayer. I HATE ice giants. I would love a drag task or two. But I never get them. My opinon, however, is neutral. Here's why:

Slayer is like runecrafting. It seems like a worthless piece of crap until you get 91 for double nats, or 60 slay for aberrants, or 85 slay for abbysals. You need to get it really high for it to be worth your time. But once you stomach the countless hours, your effort is rewarded. I have a very short attention span, which explains my lack of skillcapes. Because of this, I can never get a skill high enough to make serious money, exception farming. Many people enjoy slayer, and I understand why. The variety is a much-needed thing when training combat. And who doesn't want free levels with their combat? It seems like a no-brainer to train slayer. The money, the variety, the free levels. Why not?

Here's why not:

There's really no money until 60, aberrant specters for herbs. In the time it takes to get from 1-60, you could get nearly 70 in almost any other skill. The variety---well, you could do that yourself, and spare yourself all the bad tasks. Sure, you can cancel them, but it takes a while to get all those points.

Once you get past those, slayer seems like a worthwhile thing to train. But some people, myself and the OP included, can't get past these things. So he doesn't like slayer. But I like the variety, even though i sometimes lose the lottery.

Damn you, ice giants!

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

• 3 months later...

Necroing this thread for historical purposes.

Slayer Sucks was essentially the introduction of efficiency to the tip.it community.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Also, if you ever want to get all 99s it's obviously the most efficient option.

Which is what many many RSers' long term aspirations are. In terms of purely training combat as fast or profitable as possible, there are better methods. In terms of the "best" way to train combat, that's completely up to the individual.

• 3 weeks later...

Slayer = Fun in Rs..

Fun in rs > All

so therefore

Slayer > All.....

U mad broski?

Camping frost dragons = not Fun in Rs..

Fun in rs > All

so therefore

Camping frost dragons > All.....

U mad broski?

Slayer is one of those skills that has huge release-era potential. When Abby demons were released, along with Slayer, I believe Zezima achieved 99 slayer in only 4 months; reaching 85 slayer in only about a month. Back then, there were very few high-level slayer monsters, with a high probability to get Abbies as a task. Many people wished to trade their Phats for an elusive whip. The same goes for frost dragon bones and the SoL is present today, although no where near the scalability, but still; Frosts are still a solid 1.5m gp/hr; being one of the best investments when slayer creatures are released, which they inevitably will be in the future.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...