100k+ xp / h Combat training!

djoscardd

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dis guide stinks suck mai bals :twss:

jp a decent guidee :twss:

you may want to add the fact that void melee piles with salve (e) for a +30% boost.

voidmelee also has nice def :twss: ♥

Well

Salve doesn't stack with void.

And void melee has almost no def.

Definatly going defender of varrock.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Body: Fighter torso>Proselyte body>Initiate body

Correction: Bandos Chestplate > Fighter Torso.

Also, your hide tags don't need to be spaced so far apart. Compare:

[hide=Hidden stuff]Hidden stuff[/hide]

[hide=More hidden stuff]More hidden stuff[/hide]

That's how you have it. Here's how you should have it:

[hide=Hidden stuff]Hidden stuff[/hide][hide=More hidden stuff]More hidden stuff[/hide]

Saves scrolling.

Anyhoo, it's not bad.

Seems like monkey zombies without the ability to use a combat familiar. Sure at monkey zombies you can use familiars, but the guide Muggiwhplar made only uses 10% prayer. If you pietyed, that could easily be 120k an hour probably with higher stats at monkey zombies with a familiar... maybe even 150k.

Piety does drain at the same rate as chivalry, SirHartlar. As a matter of fact, it drains at the same rate as using two 15% prayers O.o its weird, I know.

I would try this out myself... unfortunately, if I remember right, I have to do an insane amount of quests to do Defender of Varrock >.< So I'ma stick to slayer... but seriously. I can see that this spot seems pretty underestimated. Try proselyte and piety, and you'll notice how fast you train.

Nice guide, suprised it took over a week for someone to make this.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Seems like monkey zombies without the ability to use a combat familiar. Sure at monkey zombies you can use familiars, but the guide Muggiwhplar made only uses 10% prayer. If you pietyed, that could easily be 120k an hour probably with higher stats at monkey zombies with a familiar... maybe even 150k.

Piety does drain at the same rate as chivalry, SirHartlar. As a matter of fact, it drains at the same rate as using two 15% prayers O.o its weird, I know.

I would try this out myself... unfortunately, if I remember right, I have to do an insane amount of quests to do Defender of Varrock >.< So I'ma stick to slayer... but seriously. I can see that this spot seems pretty underestimated. Try proselyte and piety, and you'll notice how fast you train.

Nice guide, suprised it took over a week for someone to make this.

This is like zombie monkeys, but you can constantly pray without p pots. The exp is pretty much the same, but at Armoured zombies, its much cheaper.

I did Defender of Varrock, and tried this spot. The exp is VERY good. I can get 80k-100k/hour depending of how much attention I put into it. After reconizing what weapons correspond to what attack, I NEVER needed any food. With the prayer that restores HP, I was always topped off.

The loot however, isin't great. Its about 100k an hour. Charms are not very common(about 5-10 a hour)

Still, very good. The only thing that helps is poitioning your camera so you can click alter an then the trapdoor without spinning the camera. For some reason, tehre is a piller and stuff right about the trapdoor, so you won't get the option unless you can directly see it.

Owned_Nex.png

Great guide, a few touch-ups and it'll be great. I'll have to try this out once I complete 'Defender of Varrock', earning 100k+ xp/h at a profit sounds incredible. However, do you think it is possible for somebody with 99 attack, 99 strength, 98 hitpoints, and 92 defence to survive there using Proselyte, a Rune defender, a Bunyip, and Piety? I'm really hoping you say yes, it'd give me a reason to commit weeks to maxing melee.

Sir_Ddude.gif

Great guide, a few touch-ups and it'll be great. I'll have to try this out once I complete 'Defender of Varrock', earning 100k+ xp/h at a profit sounds incredible. However, do you think it is possible for somebody with 99 attack, 99 strength, 98 hitpoints, and 92 defence to survive there using Proselyte, a Rune defender, a Bunyip, and Piety? I'm really hoping you say yes, it'd give me a reason to commit weeks to maxing melee.

From my experiance, if you don't pray, then DFS, Nezzy(torag helm) and a GOOD DEFENSE BODY is needed(bandos, torag, fighter) I tried with Proselyte body and legs, an got torn apart. You can probably do it after they go unaggressive, since you can easily 1-2 hit them.

Owned_Nex.png

From my experiance, if you don't pray, then DFS, Nezzy(torag helm) and a GOOD DEFENSE BODY is needed(bandos, torag, fighter) I tried with Proselyte body and legs, an got torn apart. You can probably do it after they go unaggressive, since you can easily 1-2 hit them.

Thanks for the tip. However, if I used the following equipment would it work?

Verac's helm

Amulet of fury

Proselyte body

Strength cape(t)

Abyssal whip

Rune defender

Verac's skirt

Dragon boots

Explorer's Ring 3

This is give me pretty high prayer bonus, as well as decent defence. I'm really hoping this would replace the need for a Dragonfire shield, but if it doesn't I'll have to replace the Proselyte body with Verac's brassard.

Sir_Ddude.gif

Verac's helm

Amulet of fury

Proselyte body

Strength cape(t)

Abyssal whip

Rune defender

Verac's skirt

Dragon boots

Explorer's Ring 3

This is give me pretty high prayer bonus, as well as decent defence. I'm really hoping this would replace the need for a Dragonfire shield, but if it doesn't I'll have to replace the Proselyte body with Verac's brassard.

In my opinion there isn't any point using this spot unless you at least have a Salve Amulet, otherwise you miss out on a lot of extra damage and accuracy.

Do they drop any other charms? Or only Blues?

Nice Guide Though.

They drop all four charms, expect a large quantity of golds than any other but between crimson/blue/green it is pretty even.

I actually tried to collect every single charm they dropped, and I had more blues than gold, crimson or green :D

P.S. it's not just these zombies that drop blue charms that often, the skeletons and zombies in chaos tunnels are great blue charm droppers too and it's a perfect training spot as well, because it's multi and you can use a combat familiar for example I use addy minotaur for extra def xp because I'm training def. How ever, theres no altars out there.. They don't hit that much but if you wanna use something like piety, you gotto bring prayer pots..

Anyways, blue charms ftw :D

I did the test.

I was surprised by the results, this loation is a decent training spot, but definetely not as good as you make it out to be.

* I didn't move to the second location, as agressiveness actually slows down xp rates because it steals your attack turn. Also, it saves time if you don't have to run back to the second room. More attention demanding, I know, but this is just for testing purposes for max xp.

* I super potted when my stats were 4-6 away from normal. (Much more often than suggested)

* I didn't afk.

* I'm 133 combat, with 98 Attack and Strength.

186k gp and 92,316 xp/hour. This is very nice, but obviously not 100k+/hour.

Zombie monkies are 110k xp/hour, so this location is very great. That location also costs 40k/hour in pots, but this location costs ~20k in items, so I would measure it 206k gp and 19k xp.

If you take Zombies, you are sacrifising 206k gp for 19k xp. Thats 10.8 gp/xp. And since zombies are 110k/hour, if you can make over 1.2m/hour, go Zombies.

BUT remember that my rates are unrealistic for any average player, and that would slow down the xp and cash rate by 10k xp and 20k gp... so this location is more around 82k xp and 166k gp/hour. (Which will bring down costs to 10k.) 196k gp for 28k xp. Thats 7 gp/xp. If you value your time 770k+/hour, I would use zombies. If not, stick here.

Quote this if you want.

EDIT: This location gives 6 Blue charms, 27 Gold charms, and 12 Green charms. (Not enough testing, sorry.) Thats 10k more Summoning xp; you can gain 40k easily at Waterfiends, with no cost. So thats an extra 1/4.

I multiplied it by 125%, coming at 962,500. So if you can make over 962,500gp/hour and you care about Summoning, come here. (I could be wrong about the 125%, it depends really on how much you value Summoning. If you care enough to train it, then this is right.)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I did the test.

I was surprised by the results, this loation is a decent training spot, but definetely not as good as you make it out to be.

* I didn't move to the second location, as agressiveness actually slows down xp rates because it steals your attack turn. Also, it saves time if you don't have to run back to the second room. More attention demanding, I know, but this is just for testing purposes for max xp.

* I super potted when my stats were 4-6 away from normal. (Much more often than suggested)

* I didn't afk.

* I'm 133 combat, with 98 Attack and Strength.

186k gp and 92,316 xp/hour. This is very nice, but obviously not 100k+/hour.

Zombie monkies are 110k xp/hour, so this location is very great. That location also costs 40k/hour in pots, but this location costs ~20k in items, so I would measure it 206k gp and 19k xp.

If you take Zombies, you are sacrifising 206k gp for 19k xp. Thats 10.8 gp/xp. And since zombies are 110k/hour, if you can make over 1.2m/hour, go Zombies.

BUT remember that my rates are unrealistic for any average player, and that would slow down the xp and cash rate by 10k xp and 20k gp... so this location is more around 82k xp and 166k gp/hour. (Which will bring down costs to 10k.) 196k gp for 28k xp. Thats 7 gp/xp. If you value your time 770k+/hour, I would use zombies. If not, stick here.

Quote this if you want.

EDIT: This location gives 6 Blue charms, 27 Gold charms, and 12 Green charms. (Not enough testing, sorry.) Thats 10k more Summoning xp; you can gain 40k easily at Waterfiends, with no cost. So thats an extra 1/4.

I multiplied it by 125%, coming at 962,500. So if you can make over 962,500gp/hour and you care about Summoning, come here. (I could be wrong about the 125%, it depends really on how much you value Summoning. If you care enough to train it, then this is right.)

\

I timed myself and got 90k-105k xp / h

At your low stats? That theoritically doesn't make sence. Considering a combat familiar brings in 10k+ xp/hour, Zombies monkies have lower defense, no need to go up ladders to recharge prayer/make unagressive, non multi combat which makes you lose an attack turn alot, need to pick up drops... and again, with your low stats. (Piety doesn't make all that up, or even close.)

I'm guessing you messed up in your tests, as tests shouldn't differ 15k xp/hour.

inuyashakent-2.png

At your low stats? That theoritically doesn't make sence. Considering a combat familiar brings in 10k+ xp/hour, Zombies monkies have lower defense, no need to go up ladders to recharge prayer/make unagressive, non multi combat which makes you lose an attack turn alot, need to pick up drops... and again, with your low stats. (Piety doesn't make all that up, or even close.)

I'm guessing you messed up in your tests, as tests shouldn't differ 15k xp/hour.

I tested my experience per hour, and got at least 100k xp/hr here with the best equipment possible plus an SGS for speccing and using Piety. It is possible to hit, but you need 95+ offensive melee and the best equipment.

I tested my experience per hour, and got at least 100k xp/hr here with the best equipment possible plus an SGS for speccing and using Piety. It is possible to hit, but you need 95+ offensive melee and the best equipment.

I see... you are a reliable source, so maybe I messed up. I will have to restest.

inuyashakent-2.png

Verac's helm

Amulet of fury

Proselyte body

Strength cape(t)

Abyssal whip

Rune defender

Verac's skirt

Dragon boots

Explorer's Ring 3

In my opinion there isn't any point using this spot unless you at least have a Salve Amulet, otherwise you miss out on a lot of extra damage and accuracy.

I am so sorry, I had a total brain fart and stupidly typed Amulet of fury instead of Salve amulet(e). :oops: Anyways, my question stands. With the same equipment as I mentioned, replacing the Fury with a Salve amulet(e), would that setup be a good replacement for a Dragonfire shield?

Thanks in advance for any reponses, hopefully I won't make any more careless mistakes. :wall:

Sir_Ddude.gif

Verac's helm

Amulet of fury

Proselyte body

Strength cape(t)

Abyssal whip

Rune defender

Verac's skirt

Dragon boots

Explorer's Ring 3

I am so sorry, I had a total brain fart and stupidly typed Amulet of fury instead of Salve amulet(e). :oops: Anyways, my question stands. With the same equipment as I mentioned, replacing the Fury with a Salve amulet(e), would that setup be a good replacement for a Dragonfire shield?

Thanks in advance for any reponses, hopefully I won't make any more careless mistakes. :wall:

Yes I think that is easily a decent set-up for someone without a DFS. You have 92 Defence, so maybe try a Neitiznot helm as well because you might find you don't need the extra defence from the V Helm and the strength bonus from Neitiznot is useful. :)

BTW

I tried Dh'ing here. Amazing exp. The only problem is that you must do it after they become unaggresssive. Their max hit is 8, which would k0 you if you.

I got around 100k exp Dh'ing. Although I couldn't 1 hit them, I imagine if you could, this would even be better.

Owned_Nex.png