LSP Explained - Craven Range

craven_range

this is an interesting theory, but it doesn't really cover when you switch teams instead - i suspect that instead of just "paying back" the split of lootshare points from that split, you would "buy" them e.g. for the bandos hilt, all 3 players would pick up 10m in lsp, but the one who gets the hilt would then pay 30m's worth of lsp - although i have no idea if this could go below zero or not, it wouldn't surprise me if it could. of course, your argument about the onyx bracelet could well still hold, but my experience boss hunting would imply my one - once i recieved a bandos plate from lootshare, i did not recieve another item from various teams for a pretty long time. nowadays, everyone i monster hunt with seems to have fairly similar ls points though due to coinshare, and it doesn't make as much difference to me when swapping between teams

Chapp3rs.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an interesting theory, but it doesn't really cover when you switch teams instead - i suspect that instead of just "paying back" the split of lootshare points from that split, you would "buy" them e.g. for the bandos hilt, all 3 players would pick up 10m in lsp, but the one who gets the hilt would then pay 30m's worth of lsp - although i have no idea if this could go below zero or not, it wouldn't surprise me if it could. of course, your argument about the onyx bracelet could well still hold, but my experience boss hunting would imply my one - once i recieved a bandos plate from lootshare, i did not recieve another item from various teams for a pretty long time. nowadays, everyone i monster hunt with seems to have fairly similar ls points though due to coinshare, and it doesn't make as much difference to me when swapping between teams

Hey Chapp3rs;

Firstly, i believe swapping teams makes no difference.. if im with someone who has 1m lsp and then swap teams to someone else with 1m lsp, there will be no difference. For the purposes of understanding i have assumed no one swapped teams as it is hard to show in detail what will happen as you can never tell how much LSP someone else has

Also i have seen no evidence to suggest LSP can go below 0. Also if it *can* it's impossible (to my knowledge) to find a probability using a negative figure.

This means that Fred has a 44.45% chance of recieving the chest, Bill has a 44.41% chance of recieving the chest, whilst Fred only has an 11.14% Chance of recieving the chest.

Lulwut :lol: I think you meen todd has the 44.45% chance.

It was a decent explanation but I know that addy arrows p++ kill your LSP in Zamorak GWD because not once have a seen someone who has gotten them go on to get anything else decent that trip. I've gone of plenty of Zamorak trips so don't even say I have no idea what I'm talking about. :shame:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

This means that Fred has a 44.45% chance of recieving the chest, Bill has a 44.41% chance of recieving the chest, whilst Fred only has an 11.14% Chance of recieving the chest.

Lulwut :lol: I think you meen todd has the 44.45% chance.

It was a decent explanation but I know that addy arrows p++ kill your LSP in Zamorak GWD because not once have a seen someone who has gotten them go on to get anything else decent that trip. I've gone of plenty of Zamorak trips so don't even say I have no idea what I'm talking about. :shame:

Oh yeah i did mean that!

Also.. i have never been to zammy, but they wouldn't be any worse than getting a similar drop of the same value. How many do you get and how much are they valued at?

It can probably be attributed to a placebo type affect..

Every post you do are smart, Craven. I love you :D

Sorry for my super english :D

Thankyou ::'

Mehehe I know :D Wanna be my friend?? :o

Okay, why not ;)

Hey Chapp3rs;

Firstly, i believe swapping teams makes no difference.. if im with someone who has 1m lsp and then swap teams to someone else with 1m lsp, there will be no difference. For the purposes of understanding i have assumed no one swapped teams as it is hard to show in detail what will happen as you can never tell how much LSP someone else has

Also i have seen no evidence to suggest LSP can go below 0. Also if it *can* it's impossible (to my knowledge) to find a probability using a negative figure.

i can agree that it would be harder to use a negative figure, possibly more related to their difference in lsp rather than their actual amount? another point which i just remembered that makes me suspect this theory is that a friend went bandos a lot before CS, and i would imagine that he missed a fair few bandos plates/tassets etc (and got some too), but when he got a bandos hilt just before coinshare, he then failed to get any drops for a long time, while i regularly beat him to drops when i had been getting regular splits with him before that (at dag kings). of course this may all just be chance, we can only theorise after all and your theory could turn out to be the right one, or mine, or neither. I idly wondered about what it is really like myself, but never really got round to putting a theory into words

Chapp3rs.png

Only thing that confuses me is if it is like you said, your LSP would keep going up and up, because you never lose LSP except for the % every day. If you get a bandos hilt, according to your theory, you'll get the points, then lose them, therefore staying the same. What happens when people get so high that everyone has like 100m lsp? Would you get a hilt every drop?

Other than that nice explaination. Might just be me being tired that it doesn't make sense, but oh well

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Only thing that confuses me is if it is like you said, your LSP would keep going up and up, because you never lose LSP except for the % every day. If you get a bandos hilt, according to your theory, you'll get the points, then lose them, therefore staying the same. What happens when people get so high that everyone has like 100m lsp? Would you get a hilt every drop?

Other than that nice explaination. Might just be me being tired that it doesn't make sense, but oh well

yep, lsp increase by the loot value of your current loot...

but the one who get stuff reduce to 0, not minus the current loot value

also, if everyone's lsp get too high, that just mean everyone has an (almost) equal chance on getting the next loot...

not getting a hilt in every drop or whatever that means... remember, only 1 person can get the loot.

• 5 months later...

Bumped because this is interesting.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Bumped because this is interesting.

-.- and i just learned the reason that i hate godwars is because of a simple sentence that i happened to miss. i didn't know they diminished. :wall: when it was released i had massed about 24m lsp but then i hadn't gotten a drop and decided to do slayer and other stuff. i come back to godwars 3 months later to find the same situation, no drops. i go back to skills. come back 2 months later. so as of right now i have accumulated ~80m lsp only to have used 1.3m of them within the span of the last... what year+a few months.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

this is why i solo.

Y_Z.png

Very nice. Can you explain one thing though? Say the same senario, now after Player A recieves the R2h (valued 30k) in a 3 people team, I understand players B and C will now have 10k lsp. However, will Player A have 0 or -20k lsp?

120dgl.jpg

lsp isnt split between the entire team on a drop then the person who got the drop loses the lsp, its simply the person who got the drop gets no lsp, and the people who didnt get it, gain it so that if there was an arma hilt (lets say 60m) duo, your example says that player a gets the hilt, and b doesnt, that b gets 30m lsp

when in reality, player b ACTUALLY gte 60m lsp. if they get another hilt next kill, the lsp ratio in that team wouild be the same as before, yes, but out side the team you example says that they have half the lsp as before (assuming the hilt goes to the opposite person)

from personal experience i know that it would be the exact same lsp after the hilt, relative to not just the duo, but to every team you go with.

Very nice. Can you explain one thing though? Say the same senario, now after Player A recieves the R2h (valued 30k) in a 3 people team, I understand players B and C will now have 10k lsp. However, will Player A have 0 or -20k lsp?

player A will have -30k lsp, C and B will have 15k lsp. the lsp can go into negatives, its not saying that they have no chance to get a drop, its just to accomodate for people getting large drops with no lsp, will have a lesser chance later

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Craven although how i can see your theory working there is one part i doubt from personal experience, that is that you gain the points and then just lose them so you are in theory back to the same level of LSP prior to the drop.

This is because when i managed to get an armadyl hilt from lootshare , i went and missed a 4 man hilt and then a duo skirt. This is in theory should have given me roughly 20 m lsp ? IF lsp didn't go negative. However it was proved to me that i didn't infact have that amount of lsp because when i went and killed guards with lootshare in fally , i received not ONE drop , the players was level 50 and it was his first time ever using LS.

It took roughly 2 months of godwars coinshare / daily other things to get back to what id call stable LSP and started receiving drops again.

s652yx.jpg

This could qualify for a guide. Thanks for putting this up, really good facts. :thumbup:

According to the two responses I got for my question about negative LSP, this guide seems to need some work. Perhaps we should create a log of some sort of active sigil hunters or god war LS'ers.

120dgl.jpg

lsp isnt split between the entire team on a drop then the person who got the drop loses the lsp, its simply the person who got the drop gets no lsp, and the people who didnt get it, gain it so that if there was an arma hilt (lets say 60m) duo, your example says that player a gets the hilt, and b doesnt, that b gets 30m lsp

when in reality, player b ACTUALLY gte 60m lsp. if they get another hilt next kill, the lsp ratio in that team wouild be the same as before, yes, but out side the team you example says that they have half the lsp as before (assuming the hilt goes to the opposite person)

from personal experience i know that it would be the exact same lsp after the hilt, relative to not just the duo, but to every team you go with.

player A will have -30k lsp, C and B will have 15k lsp. the lsp can go into negatives, its not saying that they have no chance to get a drop, its just to accomodate for people getting large drops with no lsp, will have a lesser chance later

On the KB it says that the points are first divided, then the system chooses someone for the drop. However, I think Craven's wrong about losing the LSP. Using your example, when the hilt was dropped, each player would get 30m LSP, but I think that the person who gets the drop loses 60m LSP. That way LSP aren't constantly climbing and it will greatly reduce their chance at another drop (as they're at -30m LSP).