LSP Explained - Craven Range

craven_range

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot to mention the gaping flaw with lootshare in that it only works the way it's suppose to if you NEVER switch teams.

It works better if you switch teams a lot, since if you have missed a large item, you'll get most of the drops on a different trip.

2Xeo5.png

(I mean this with no offense)

There's a flaw in your thinking, if your system of LSP was to be true, pretty soon, you would have LSP in the Billions, which if there are a lot of new players, say going to God Wars, they wouldnt get a drop for about a year if someone on their team had gotten 4 hilts in the last week or so.

I think that you do however have most of the LSP idea, the major flaw is that you suggest if a person recieves a drop, they have no net movement of LSP.

Instead, I think that the system takes the price of the item (take your example, 30m drop between 3 players with no previous points [10m each]) But whoever gets the drop, instead of staying at 0 points, goes to negative 10million, and the other two people positive 10 million.

Then say, the next kill, they get another 30m drop, and this time one of the two people with +10m LSP get the drop.

Person 1 now has 0 LSP (-10m + 10m) , person 2 now has 0 LSP (10m-10m), and person 3 is in the money with 20m in points.

Low and behold, another drop, and another 30m drop. This time, person 3 gets the drop, the points now stand at:

1) +10m

2) +10m

3) +10m

In reality it wouldnt work like this, as getting 3 30m drops on the trot would be damn near impossible. But you can see how it works.

Also, drops are not given based on all percentages of previous drops in LSP, instead, the drop automatically goes to the person with the highest LSP, and thier share is taken formt heir total points.

And points stick with you no matter what, if you change teams / leave a clan ect.... So eventually, you'll be in the money too.

2v8sgvs.png

• 4 months later...

Thanks craven ;D

always nice to have things cleared up

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Yes, explain how a player with 40-60M LSP can get a Elysian Sigil sniped and the player who has never been to a big monster and has 0GP Lsp manages to snipe the sigil, which infact happened in a mass yesterday Atleast it was claimed by the cc owner and several others even the person who recieved the drop.

The problem with Lootshare is it does fizzle away, I missed an 8 man arcane, and duo claws, yet I never even made a portion of that back, where as coinshare I would have been better off.

Although nice use of examples etc you got the basics across

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Well, it doesn't help this is an old thread before Jagex's update that let you snipe with lower LSP.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Ls is far too confusing imo, even with this 'guide' I'm doubting it. An example - If you miss a Armadyl hilt in a 4man, would it be ArmaHiltValue/3 (people who missed it) or ArmaHiltValue/4 (total people who can lootshare)?

When you get drops, you don't increase Lsp, that's a major flaw in your guide. LSP WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE EXPLAINED, ITS LIKE THE RING OF WEALTH@@@

Ls is far too confusing imo, even with this 'guide' I'm doubting it. An example - If you miss a Armadyl hilt in a 4man, would it be ArmaHiltValue/3 (people who missed it) or ArmaHiltValue/4 (total people who can lootshare)?

When you get drops, you don't increase Lsp, that's a major flaw in your guide. LSP WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE EXPLAINED, ITS LIKE THE RING OF WEALTH@@@

according to the guide its the armavalue/4 for the people who missed it, but my personal experience says that the 3 who missed it all get a third of it.

and you misread it, i think. he meant that the lsp is divided between them, then the person who gets the drop loses the lsp from what they already had+what they just gained.

and they actually explained lsp in the game manual/knowledgebase/whateveritscalledthesedays and on the rsof

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come